Kansas City Airport

"rude, obnoxious and angry at Passengers"

Trip Verified | TSA was extremely rude, obnoxious and angry at Passengers. They order people around and throw their personal items like they are Nazi's at a Concentration Camp. This "Agency" should be disbanded. They are a useless waste of my hard earned money that I pay to these rude morons to do nothing but harass citizens.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"Where do these people come from"

Trip Verified | The TSA Agents were absolutely awful and down right ugly. There is absolutely no reason to treat any person they way the lady treated my son and I at the initial check in. She was wearing "2" masks and I could not hear a word she said and my 17 year old son could not understand a word she said either. We are not frequent travelers and this was our fist time at this airport and the lady should have been fired. She was ugly to every person I heard her dealing with. She yelled at all the line telling us there was a "glare" in her little box so we need to stand in a certain spot so she could see our face. Just wrong all the way around and customer service was zero, then we go to the line where you take off your shoes and go through that machine. Where do these people come from. I cannot believe TSA thinks it is fine to speak to people the way they do. It is down right awful.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"the worst airport I have been in and I travel weekly"

Not Verified | This is without a doubt the worst airport I have been in and I travel weekly. There is nothing here but chairs (with no outlets to charge electronics), seating is located next to security so it is noisy with bins and alarms, no lounges or restaurants just a fast food grab and go thing (Delta gates). People are crammed in like sardines in a can. This place is very old and has not been updated in decades from the look of it. If you have an option to fly into somewhere (anywhere) else you should take it!
Date VisitOctober 2021

"bad for use of Economy Parking Lot"

Trip Verified | I understand MCI is undergoing construction but this airport has always been bad for use of Economy Parking Lot. Too few buses and one driver in particular is very rude. I refused to ride with her this morning, and she kept antagonizing me like she wanted to pick a fight. I waited 5 minutes for next bus and had a very pleasant ride. I have seen this bus driver act this way before so the airport must tolerate her behavior. This is just how Kansas City is, I guess.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"Terrible place"

Not Verified | Absolutely horrible place. They have signs for social distancing but pile people on top of each other. No soap, paper towels or functioning water faucet in the Ladies room. Filthy seats, nothing wiped down, food and garbage in seats. No maintenance people around and the airline ticket counter agents could care less. I will pay more to avoid a layover here next time. City of Kansas City you owe everyone who travels through here a big amends if we don't fall prey to the coronavirus here. Terrible place. Try to avoid especially if you have kids.
Date VisitJune 2021

"an embarrassment to the entire city"

Not Verified | This airport is an embarrassment to the entire city. Inadequate equipment, incompetent staff, visually a joke. Worst airport I've seen in all my travels.
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"needs major improvement"

Not Verified | Flown through MCI multiple times, airport was dark and dingy, all the shops and restaurants were on the wrong side of security and the staff are rude. Overall needs major improvement.
Date VisitJune 2020

"horrible depressing place"

Trip Verified | Filthy, nasty carpet, dirty, dark, drab building with unclear confusing signs that will lead you to where you don't want to go. Tattered seats. Small tight dirty bathrooms that can only accommodate 4 women at a time. I refused to eat here despite being hungry due to the filth. Seriously who designed and maintains this horrible depressing place? I hope to never fly through here again. They need to tear the whole airport down and start over again.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"worst airport for a layover"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport for a layover in a developed country! Where to start with a list of what's wrong? First, instead of having access to the entire terminal building as all other airports, travelers are crammed into about 6 gate areas and you cannot leave it without going through security again to get back in. That means you are stuck with limited services unless you want to go through the TSA line again. And what great services are available! Small one-holer bathrooms with 1970s designs that are dirty and smell, too few to accommodate everyone which causes long lines even in the mensroom. Restaurants that close at 7PM when my connecting flight does not depart until 8:25pm. Not enough chairs for everyone to sit. Ancient airline displays with plastic cards vs. modern terminals. I've been to third world countries with airports that are much better! I'll never layover here on a trip again. Southwest, you should be both ashamed & embarrassed that you call this airport a hub! I'll fly other airlines instead of flying through KC. You've lost my business.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"this was my worst airport experience"

Not Verified | The staff at this airport made the decision to not honor passengers with TSA precheck during a very busy holiday weekend. There was no communication indicating this was happening so we got into a very long security line with little time to spare. Then the TSA agent scanned and took both my luggage and backpack aside for an internal inspection of all contents. All of my luggage contents were removed then shoved back into my bags without any findings. Approximately 75% of all passenger bags were inspected without any findings. The security line was so confusing with bags being removed and belongings being removed that people were walking away and leaving their personal belongings at security. In a span of 5 minutes, 3 different TSA agents brought over laptops to the gate agent that people left behind. I also walked away without my laptop then quickly returned to retrieve it. The TSA agents were also very rude and not doing anything to resolve the long lines or chaotic situation! Once we got through the gate I was shocked to see how absolutely dirty the gate areas were, with trash on the ground everywhere and overflowing trash cans! We’ve traveled to this airport for many years and I’ve traveled to many airports in and outside of the US and this was my worst airport experience and I will never return.
Date VisitDecember 2019