Kansai Osaka Airport

Kansai Osaka Airport customer review

Very weird place. I arrived with a 10 hour layover and planned to take the train to Osaka for a few hours. I passed through the transit checkpoint and went to the lounge to leave my hand luggage only to discover that once back in the departures section it was impossible to leave. I asked numerous personnel and no one had a solution. I was especially put off by the woman at the information booth who spoke very poor English through a face mask making the whole exchange a rather surrealistic encounter. Admitting defeat I spent the entire time at the airport and continued to be astounded by the paucity of restaurants and shops. Plenty of duty free but all with the same items. Plus for much of the time the airport was very empty. Also for a major entry point the absence of English signage was astonishing. Overall it was at best a tolerable experience. Would not do it again.

Kansai Osaka Airport customer review

Not a huge airport but offers so much that you won't mind about it. Excellent choice of food and shops good connections to the city and between the floors information staff was very polite and helpful even for unusual requests like stamps at midnight.

Kansai Osaka Airport customer review

Kansai is one of my favorite airports which is saying something because I hate airports. Whenever I fly to Japan and can't get a direct flight I try to go through KIX. It's easily the best I've been to next to Hong Kong. The location could be a little better but that is it's only weakness. Transportation links are outstanding. Security is always great: not just fast but thorough. I never feel like I'm treated as just cattle. Service at check-in counters has always been great too. I remember the first time I flew out of Kansai I missed a train and got there with just 30 minutes before my international flight left. In the US that would have been a death sentence - a guaranteed missed flight. But at Kansai I found myself with enough time to buy a book before boarding.

Kansai Osaka Airport customer review

KIX on arrival with baby and child in tow was great - we were ushered right to the front of the queue. Baggage was quick to come out also so a very positive experience. Which is a shame they make it difficult to get to the Nankai train with luggage. Bollards prevent you from taking luggage carts onto the platform. Departure was a different story. On a very busy Monday morning the airport was bursting at the seams. Check-in took longer than anticipated. The security check was efficient though the staff there were brusque and not their usual japanese polite. Add to that a security official incessantly barking something in Japanese into a very loud megafone making the security line more stressful. Downstairs passport control took a while leaving little time for a lounge visit. KIX - getting too small for such a populous catchment. Airside stocks plenty of luxury goods but nothing a tourist would want to spend money on.

Kansai Osaka Airport customer review

Had 2 visits to KIX by way of 90 minutes transits between LAX and TPE. This is a beautiful if a little clinical modern airport. A little disappointed by the Japanese shops as I was expecting more in the variation of items for sale of the local good. But there were just the usual stuff you find in a supermarket one can find in any Japanese markets in the US. Luxury boutiques don't do anything for me and you can buy them anywhere around the world so what's the point?! View of the Kansai region is nice across the bay especially at night when the big wheel is lit up pretty nice to see. Airport seems a little deserted both times I visited it is it underused? Excellent wifi and internet stations abound and staff very friendly and helpful in guiding me around since my time there were limited.

Kansai Osaka Airport customer review

Used Osaka airport in May 08. Upon arrival at 7am there is a long Q at the overseas visitors section in the immigration. There is only 2 counters opened as compared to 4 counters opened for their local people. They should have opened more counters for the overseas travellers. Airport is clean and friendly to use. Train stations is located in the 3rd level of the airport and its easy to locate unlike Narita airport which is at basement. Airport is smaller compared to Narita. There is plenty of shops at the airport. Managed to purchase Royce chocolates at the duty free shops. Overall its pleasant to use. Will give 5* if there is more counters opened for overseas travellers at the immigrations upon arrival.

Kansai Osaka Airport customer review

I've only done one arrival here but I was shocked and impressed that it only took about 3 minutes from the time we first touched down on the runway to the time we were docked at the gate. Wow. Immigration and customs took almost an hour though which wasn't so wow. Except for passing through customs and immigration this is a very efficient and nicely designed airport. Pretty far from the center of Osaka but the transportation into town is very good too.

Kansai Osaka Airport customer review

It is easy to get around and very beautiful. There are dozens of places to eat relax have a drink and you can even smoke there! This airport is efficient airport staff wonderful. Getting off the airport which is on an island was easy as you can choose either a bus train taxi car boat and just about any other means to use you can think of. The airport observation deck was interesting as was the way the trains travel under the highway bridge to and from the mainland

Kansai Osaka Airport customer review

Spotless fantastic selection of food efficiently run security was comprehensive but non-intrusive. The Hotel Nikko within the complex is A+. The management of this airport should sell their management skills to other airports worldwide including the unforgivably horrific LAX JFK or LHR. Osaka Kansai is Singapore's Changi airport is a ballgown! (but I still like Changi) If you are visiting or transiting Japan this is the best.

Kansai Osaka Airport customer review

Excellent Airport! Always clean uncrowded and great. Immigration lines for international passport holders sometimes gets long but a great airport. Also the 200 Yen coin showers located on the 2nd floor is great for getting a quick shower after such a long flight. Transit system to the city and other places in Japan are pretty good. The only complaint I have is that lot of the jet ferry service has been cancelled increasing time it takes to places such as Kobe or Tokushima by an hour or so.