Johannesburg Airport

Johannesburg Airport customer review

The check in and arrivals area are the worst areas of the airport simply because they do not have the capacity to handle the number of people that actually pass through. The check in area is very cramped. All the flights to London leave within a few hours of each other on a variety of airlines so you can imagine the chaos that can ensue. Funnily enough though once you have navigated check in the airport becomes much more pleasant. The only thing I can complain about from there on is the lack of seating at the gates. On another plus side the construction currently underway does not seem to be interfering with what is going on inside the terminals.

Johannesburg Airport customer review

I arrived from HKG at 0700. There was no queue in immigration or customs and I was from the plane to curbside in less than 20 minutes. I did notice that our arrival was into Terminal A2 while some other widebody flights were arriving in Terminal A1. That may have been our good fortune for the quick processing. The airport itself is a mess of construction but signage was good enough.