Jeddah Airport

"extremely overcrowded and noisy"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | To call the 7 hour transit experience a total nightmare is an understatement. I don't want to go on a rant so I'll list down the airport's shortcomings: 1. It was extremely overcrowded and noisy (I am not talking about the noise from the travellers though). Every few minutes an announcement in an abnormally high volume shoots through the speakers, as if that's not torture enough an employee begins literally yelling out the names of the passenger who have yet to board. 2. Unlike most airports, there are no quiet areas where lights are dimmed and you can get some shut eye. So I advise you to get blinders. 3. The toilets are awful, I was only able to manage less than 2 minutes as the odour of bleach was so overwhelming. I was planning to wait in line but I immediately left after a cleaner/staff started banging on one of the stalls and yelling "you're time is up lady!" For those staying for 7 hours or more prepare yourselves to be sleep deprived, exposed to noise torture and unable to relieve yourselves.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"never seen such a mess"

Trip Verified | The worst airport ever - noisy, no seats, unfriendly staff: Nine hours of our stay were utterly appalling! Normally I don‘t write reviews, but I feel like I should issue a warning: The airport in Jeddah was our worst experience ever! Please, do yourself a favour and avoid travelling with Saudi Airlines and skip the transit here. The staff are highly unprofessional and disorganized. There are not enough seats. For nine hours, we had to sit on the utterly dirty ground! But the worst of all were the toilets: In my entire life, I have never seen such a mess. Furthermore, many people there have a lack of hygiene, they put their naked feet on the seats and were highly reckless. It's distinctly clear that there aren't many chairs, but many travellers blocked two chairs for their feet. We were shocked. There were definitely no feelings of acceptance or hospitality. As a fact, it‘s no miracle, that this aiport is ranked as the worst airport of the world! So as a matter of course, we're going to avoid this location and you should also skip that transit!
Date VisitOctober 2018

"dingy and small"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | If I was King Abdulaziz I would be ashamed that this airport was named after me. It is dingy and small and dirty and smelly and the bathrooms are filthy and disgusting! There is little to no shopping. For an international airport in a rich country I can see that this is obviously not a priority. Not a good advertisement for your country. I loved Saudia Airlines but if it means I have to travel through this airport I will not do it again.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"small, packed and noisy"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Contrary to the information on Saudia website, the lounge does not allow Saudia passengers to purchase lounge pass. I was told very rudely at Fursan lounge that the offer is only available at the North Terminal, 45 mins car ride frm the South terminal. Not surprising really as this is typical of the way Saudis carry out their business. Online information does not filter through among the staff. My advice is if you have a longer than 3 hour transit in Jeddah, if you can, avoid flying with Saudia Airlines. There is a small transit lounge, rather dingy and taken up by families with children. Once you leave the transit terminal, you enter a duty ree shop full of perfumes. The terminal itself is small, packed and noisy at all times with exceedingly loud announcements in mostly Arabic. At times, the announcer shouted calling for final passengers to board their flights. There is only one toilet here with 7-8 cubicles in the ladies toilet. The cleaners worked non-stop ensuring its cleanliness. There is a Baskin Robbin, Tom Horton coffee, Arabica coffee. The free airport wifi requires you to turn on your roaming to be connected which means you might be charged for connection - I doubt the airport authorities care about providing comfort at their terminals as I have been using their other terminals for haj and umrah. This is the first time and hopefully the last, I transit here to another destination.
Date VisitJune 2018

"not enough seating"

(Kuwait)

Not Verified | The worst airport is this old one, not enough seating, I know they're waiting for the new one but at least they should fix small things in this one. For transit I couldn't see any information kiosks to help me with upgrading my flight. Restrooms aren't clean, the men's line is always full and some people are passing the line with no reason. No place to charge your phone.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"arrogant and rude immigration staff"

Not Verified | We flew in from the UK for the first time to Saudi Arabia and was expecting an airport in the same league as Dubai but wow was I disappointed. The most arrogant and rude immigration staff I have ever encountered in my life and I have travelled the world. I would class this Airport as one of the worst that I have traveled through, the toilet facilities the worst I have come across, one of the worst seating areas not able to accommodate the passenger numbers. I found that we were treated like unwanted people in the country, yet we people of the world contribute so much to the Saudi Economy.
Date VisitJune 2018

"toilets are the filthiest ever"

Trip Verified | Disgusting is the least I can say for this airport. In this current era and being in the GCC, Saudia has no excise for being so backwards in their airports. The departure toilets are one of the filthiest ever and even in India I have seen much cleaner ones. There is no way you can connect to the internet as it says it is free wifi and the code never comes making it a totally useless futile issue. The prayer room had become a sleeping area with no place to sit even.

"Unprofessional, uncooperative"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Unprofessional, uncooperative and aggressive airport staff, trying to give passengers a tough time. Usual delayed flights. Extremely busy airport with small waiting area and long queues for security checks and checking-in. Very small space for female security checks, that lead to delays.
Date VisitMay 2018

"felt like a fish market"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | The whole experience felt like a fish market, especially when we were sardined in a poorly ventilated bus for 20 minutes. The terminal is very dirty with no amenities and baggage takes forever.

"needs enormous improvements"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | Jeddah airport South and North Terminals do not fulfil the least standards required for national or international airports. The checking counters are always crowded. The airport is not clean, restrooms are terrible. Monitors do not convey the flights information. Spaces are limited with few seats. It is common to see passengers sitting or lying on the floor. Ground staff are far from being friendly or helpful. This airport needs enormous improvements.
Date VisitApril 2018