Jeddah Airport

"horrendous airport"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | A horrendous airport. I flew in from Karachi to connect my flight to Paris which had a 9 hours transit at the south terminal. No place to sleep and no place to sit. Bathrooms stink and 0% customer service. No smoking area and no meal voucher given. Poor language skills. Avoid this airport at all costs.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"had an unexpectedly pleasant experience"

Not Verified | We had an unexpectedly pleasant experience at this airport. After our Umrah agent (Dar el Salaam) dropped us at the wrong terminal (Haj), we were facing a missed flight as there was not enough time to change terminals. The check-in staff realized this and contacted the immigration officer. He took personal care of us and accompanied us to various desks ensuring that we go through the all the exit protocols and board the flight from this terminal. We are totally impressed with the professionalism of this staff member and hope that this represents a broader attitude of the airport staff.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"nothing to write home about"

(Greece)

Not Verified | This was my first time transiting through Jeddah, and I was negatively predisposed reading the reviews here and elsewhere. I waited on the newly built terminal, and I was pleasantly surprised - considering what I read before that is. Pros - the toilets are clean(ish), no water on the floor, paper available and the auto flush is working. Several smoking rooms are available with ventilation. Plenty of seats available. For the above, keep in mind that this was obviously a less than busy period since both my inbound flight was half empty and there were very few people in the waiting area. Cons - Duty-free - non existent. A small stall with maybe a dozen perfumes and 3-brands of chocolate. Food. Few choices. A couple of coffee stands with a few items each. Organization wise, it's the same chaos as described before. I had to go through 10 people before someone directed me to my departure gate. The attitude of some people from airport staff leaves something to be desired. Few people speak English. All in all, I'd say the new terminal is a big improvement from the end one, but nothing to write home about.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"unsympathethic to my request"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | The worst airport ever! I sat opposite a screen that didn't indicate my gate number. When I approached one of the boarding gates, the person said it was clsoed, but that was 5 mins before departure. I understand it was my fault, but I also had been waiting for 2 hours, I begged them to assist me, the supervisor for the night of 26th December 1.30am was the worst person I ever encountered in my life. He was unsympathethic to my request, the plane hadn't taken off yet. He flatly refused to help me and my 2 kids. Instead he made the plane wait 25 mins to offload my bags!His assistant, had also refused.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"the toy was confiscated"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | My 11 year old was travelling with his grandparents from Jeddah to Johannesburg. It was his birthday a few days before and his present was a Nerf Gun from Toys R Us. It was still in its packaging, in the original packet with the receipt. On passing thought security the toy was confiscated with no explanation. As is the process with this airport, males and females go though security separately so i discovered a howllng child, traumatised and crying bitterly. No amount of appealing to common sense helped, how could a toy in bright blue and orange still in its packaging be confiscated without any explanation. There is no notice anywhere that states that toys like this are not allowed, and besides, we were leaving the country not entering! I even asked if we could have it collected since it was so expensive, they were not interested.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"definitely not with the family"

Not Verified | South Terminal: Dedicated to Saudi Airlines. The place can barely be described as an international airport, more of a backwater, cow shed where helpfulness and customer service is completely alien! For a 7 hour wait, for the entire Saudia transit customers, you are confined to waiting area no more than 100m x 30m, with interjected boarding gates, escalators and a sprinkling (4 shacks to be exact) of exceptionally expensive coffee shops. Toilets are a bio-chemical health hazard; water sprayed all over the floor, flush (supposed automated) non-operational and a completely indifferent attendant. If you can avoid this transit, do - the financial savings are not worth "the experience" and definitely not with the family!!

"avoid this airport"

Trip Verified | This is the stupidest transit of my life, in the transit lounge there is no space at all, not even on the floor, it's such a small space. Washrooms are very messy and dirty. I wish I would never have to come back to this airport in my life ever again. And finally, at the last minute, you will come to know that your flight is either cancelled or delayed. Please try to avoid this airport as much as possible. Thanks
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Avoid the toilets at all costs"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Limited seats with limited food options. Worst thing is the hygiene at the toilets. Avoid the toilets at all costs. The female staff though are very efficient.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"I will never again visit"

Not Verified | Just one word - horrible! I along with a bunch of others have been held during transit for carrying alcohol, have been tormented and made to open the bottles and throw away all the alcohol in washbasins before we were allowed to pass through, all of this within 30 mins of time we had with us for the transit. They did not even pass on the information about being held to our airlines despite our repeated requests. Thankfully, we were able to catch our flight on time but this is one airport I will never again visit.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"highly inefficient and incompetent"

Trip Verified | From the time I got down the flight, the securities officers were extremely in capable and some of them were watching a football game on their phone in gate 12A. Then there 3 securities every 200 meters! Must be the way of efficiency, which I don’t seem to get it. After you manage to get through them with out losing your patience. You get into a transit area via duty free shop. You get in and you see huge number of people, no places to sit people are sleeping on floor. No drinking water and horrible food. Toilets were very unclean. My worst nightmare was how officials show lack of empathy and look down at the people by shouting or raising their voices. Firstly they are doing highly inefficient and incompetent job and on top they see it has their right to be loud at customers asking questions.