Jeddah Airport

"excellent customer service"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | I am impressed with Jeddah Airport facility, I remember coming in 2016 at this airport the things have so much changed, what a beautiful airport it is now with excellent customer service, I experienced positive behavior from the staff. Normally i travel via Riyadh but this time I chose Jeddah and I do not have any regrets with my choice Thanks a lot and keep the good work going
Date VisitAugust 2022

"unprofessional staff at security"

Trip Verified | Worst airport I’ve traveled through. The airport itself is new, big and an improvement from the older one. But everything else is as bad as it gets. Rude staff, unprofessional staff at security, no priority lane for the security checks, wifi not working, even though it’s a massive airport, everything is cramped around the middle of the airport where all the restaurants, shops and lounges are. Shops are nothing to write about, the Alfursan is an improvement, but still not as good as other airline hub lounges, and the wifi in Alfursan lounge did not work the couple of times I was there. The biggest problem is their staff, unmannered, unprofessional and not willing to work. The ladies at the terminal a better in answering and helping people around the terminal. I don’t think I’ll ever transit this airport again.
Date VisitJune 2022

"One of the worst airports"

(Indonesia)

Not Verified | One of the worst airports I've ever been to. Had a transit with layover time of five hours at Jeddah's new international airport; connecting flight from Indonesia to Europe. Arriving at Jeddah, you pretty quickly get to realize: All the airport's megalomaniac facades and infrastructure can't make up for the lack of professionalism of the airport staff. Boarding Passes- and Security Check? A man assigned to checking boarding passes was leaning over his counter desk with his knees on it, shouting at passengers and guests in a rude tone as if they were animals. The signage system at the airport is ridiculous and irritating. Even with more or less useless help from the information counter, you just have to try find your way, as signage is really disorienting. The rest rooms are literally dirty. And only feature toilets without toilet seats. Soap? Not available. Floor - dirty. (What a bad service, especially during pandemic). There are almost no restaurants and cafes available in the transit area. Airport-Wifi? Doesn't work.
Date VisitJune 2022

"The worst airport"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | The worst airport and airline (Saudia) in every possible sense of the word. I was there for a 4.5-hour transit. Due to my flight being delayed, I had 3 hours and thought I'd use the lounge to refresh myself. Despite my credit card issuing bank assures I can access the lounge free of charge, the lounge staff told me they accept only 2 cards (one is Amex, another I didn't bother to see). Airport staff is unprofessional. To make things worse, the free airport wifi that the airport boasts which never works because you will never receive the code to activate it. I tried keying in my number for god knows how many times, and gave up afterwards and spent my time at a cafe that sold expensive sandwiches. I have never found airport shopping so unpleasurable like one at Jeddah. The shops look boring and so do the merchandise.
Date VisitMay 2022

"Worst airport in the world"

Trip Verified | Worst airport in the world, zero point in building a beautiful airport if the staff are incompetent and not trained. I had a horrible experience after arriving from Mecca post Umrah and I will never forget the night we had at this airport. Apparently not one person at the airport spoke English to try and speak to us. The staff are absolutely most disgusting people I have ever come across, speaking on top of us while we was trying to speak to them. Using their finger and hands to speak to grown adults that paid to be here. They are all so loud and you would think you are in a kindergarten or a zoo not at a international airport. No one was helpful no one knows what they are doing. Shut it down. How can you expect tourism to increase when you are not fit. In a time where English is the international language and you want to cater to the outside world then speak a international language. I’m disgusted that this is out gate way to Mecca and Madinah and would never came if it wasn’t for my religion. Horrible people with no manners and respect. Stay away from this airport.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"all the staff are completely rude and useless"

Trip Verified | The most terrible airport service I’ve ever received in my life. What’s the point of building a brand new airport if all the staff are completely rude and useless. They obviously don’t want to help you. We had a connecting flight from Jeddah to Madinah. We arrived super early, and had no idea where to go. We kept showing our boarding passes to staff working there for directions on which terminal to go to, and they just kept pointing in random directions. They don’t even speak to you, they just point. We sat in the wrong terminal for 2 hours waiting for our flight to show up on the screen and every time we asked if we were in the right place they would just tell us to sit down. Finally, 20 minutes before our flight, we got quickly ushered into a bus to get to a different terminal (on the opposite side of where we were). When we got to the terminal, surprise surprise, the gates were closed so we couldn’t board the flight. They told us they would get us on the next flight but it was full, so we had to wait 9 hours before we could get on a flight. We wanted to take a taxi to Madinah instead, but our luggage was already on our missed flight enroute to Madinah so we had to fly. Terrible staff, extremely rude, and not willing to help you unless you are a Saudi national. I tried asking a staff member a question about our flight and he kept ignoring me, turning away while I speaking, and speaking to his friends while I was trying to talk to him. I had to literally snap in front of his face and yell ‘I'm trying to speak to you' before he responded. What’s the point of having a new shiny new airport if everyone working in it are completely incompetent. The most helpful people in there are the baggage attendants and janitors - they are the only ones who will attempt to help you with flight information. Awful experience. I will avoid this airport at all costs in the future. If they want to increase tourism by 2030, they need some intense training for all of the staff working in the tourism industry. They are not ready.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"horrendous airport"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | A horrendous airport. I flew in from Karachi to connect my flight to Paris which had a 9 hours transit at the south terminal. No place to sleep and no place to sit. Bathrooms stink and 0% customer service. No smoking area and no meal voucher given. Poor language skills. Avoid this airport at all costs.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"had an unexpectedly pleasant experience"

Not Verified | We had an unexpectedly pleasant experience at this airport. After our Umrah agent (Dar el Salaam) dropped us at the wrong terminal (Haj), we were facing a missed flight as there was not enough time to change terminals. The check-in staff realized this and contacted the immigration officer. He took personal care of us and accompanied us to various desks ensuring that we go through the all the exit protocols and board the flight from this terminal. We are totally impressed with the professionalism of this staff member and hope that this represents a broader attitude of the airport staff.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"nothing to write home about"

(Greece)

Not Verified | This was my first time transiting through Jeddah, and I was negatively predisposed reading the reviews here and elsewhere. I waited on the newly built terminal, and I was pleasantly surprised - considering what I read before that is. Pros - the toilets are clean(ish), no water on the floor, paper available and the auto flush is working. Several smoking rooms are available with ventilation. Plenty of seats available. For the above, keep in mind that this was obviously a less than busy period since both my inbound flight was half empty and there were very few people in the waiting area. Cons - Duty-free - non existent. A small stall with maybe a dozen perfumes and 3-brands of chocolate. Food. Few choices. A couple of coffee stands with a few items each. Organization wise, it's the same chaos as described before. I had to go through 10 people before someone directed me to my departure gate. The attitude of some people from airport staff leaves something to be desired. Few people speak English. All in all, I'd say the new terminal is a big improvement from the end one, but nothing to write home about.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"unsympathethic to my request"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | The worst airport ever! I sat opposite a screen that didn't indicate my gate number. When I approached one of the boarding gates, the person said it was clsoed, but that was 5 mins before departure. I understand it was my fault, but I also had been waiting for 2 hours, I begged them to assist me, the supervisor for the night of 26th December 1.30am was the worst person I ever encountered in my life. He was unsympathethic to my request, the plane hadn't taken off yet. He flatly refused to help me and my 2 kids. Instead he made the plane wait 25 mins to offload my bags!His assistant, had also refused.
Date VisitDecember 2019