Jacksonville Airport

"Poorly run with no concern for passengers"

Not Verified | Waited 1 hour in line to be checked by TSA. Unacceptable. Poorly run with no concern for passengers. Attitude of staff. For such a small terminal there should be a more efficient way to expedite passengers through and still provide the required safety needed. At least 15 passengers did not make their flight on this one airline due to the inefficiency of TSA. These passengers arrived an hour or more before flight. Totally disappointed.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Very good experience"

Not Verified | On June 7, 2018, I was departing from Jacksonville airport on American Airlines to Philadelphia, flight 4705. At Gate C8, an employee who was very supportive and accommodating to me. She was extremely busy; however, took the time to be sure I had a wheelchair waiting in Philadelphia. She also arranged to have me boarded early with someone. She offered to check my carryon bag as I was having difficulty. This woman is a credit to American Airlines. The plane was extremely cold the flight attendant gave me a blanket which I did not know were available. Very good experience.
Date VisitJune 2019

"Who talks like that to people?"

Not Verified | Unfortunately security staff at airport security check point was very rude, it was a male security officer. I placed my belongings in tray at check in point than on rolling rack and attempted to walk away. He came yelling - “whose stuff if is? Who is watching your stuff? You like you staff than stay there”! He sounded and behaved literally like an abusive spouse. What is this? Boot camp? Who talks like that to people? Most people coming to airport are stressed out already, and last thing anyone needs is a stranger coming out of nowhere yelling at them when only simple redirection is needed. What about being calm and professional instead? Otherwise airport was clean and easy to use, also rest of employees we encountered were very polite. Just this one individual gave airport bad rep for a day.
Date VisitJune 2019

"great airport, I recommend it"

I go to Jacksonville airport a lot since this is my hometown airport. It is a nice, clean, and small with only 20 gates. Due to the size you don't really need signage at all. Despite the small size there is still a bunch of food options before and after the security checkpoint. There is also some good shops like Brooks Brothers and a PGA Tour Shop. There is also a big pavilion with rocking chairs right before security. It's a great place to wait if you're waiting on an arriving flight. There is also pretty good employees, well besides the TSA people. One time I had to go through the regular checkpoint instead of Pre-Check and they only had one metal detector and one ProVision open. It took about 25-30 minutes to pass through, because of this I got to my gate when they were calling the last boarding zone when I was supposed to board in the first boarding zone. However, a great airport and I recommend it.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"clean and efficient"

This airport is probably one of the best I have been to. Every employee I encountered was friendly and eager to help. The airport itself was clean and efficient. I flew in and out of this airport at busy times of the week and did not experience any problems. When I landed I went through baggage claim quickly and was waiting for my friend in a matter of 10 minutes. When I was flying out I had the same experience. I said goodbye to my friend and five minutes later I was at the gate. What a pleasure compared to flying out of Orlando, and there is free wifi.
Date VisitApril 2016

"airport was clean and efficient"

I'd never been to Jacksonville Airport before. What I found when arriving is that it was a short walk to the street (maybe 10 minutes). I usually give myself 2 hours to go through ticketing and security in order to be on time for a domestic flight. This time, even with a bit of a line at security, I could have arrived about 90 minutes before the flight and still accomplished all I needed to do. The airport was clean and efficient. It's also small.
Date VisitNovember 2015

Jacksonville Airport customer review

Arrived on Southwest yesterday from Fort Lauderdale. JAX is modern. All public areas and bathrooms are clean and people are happy to provide assistance. There is plenty of good well-priced dining options. What a pleasure it is to use this facility!

Jacksonville Airport customer review

It is clean staff are friendly and TSA is a breeze. Plenty of food and drink options. It is a smaller airport and is very well laid out. I usually fly one of the larger airlines and connect to its hub. The fares for doing this are usually much cheaper with JAX.

Jacksonville Airport customer review

Airport is Great. Security is very fast and I love the decor. The bathrooms were really clean. I also loved how you didn't have to pay for wi-fi and there are plenty of plugs to plug your electronics into.

Jacksonville Airport customer review

Have only arrived here since we departed from another area airport (Orlando). Wish we had also departed from Jacksonville since it is so much smaller and quieter than Orlando. Picking up and returning rental cars seems quite easy as mentioned in other reviews. There are a couple of hotels on the airport grounds and others fairly close in case you have a late arrival or early departure. We arrived about midnight and the airport was pretty much closed in terms of restaurants and shops but that is common in most airports of this size and there were still a few personnel around to answer questions. Managed to find the phone to call our hotel for free shuttle pick-up. When visiting the area in the future I would definitely look into using Jacksonville or perhaps Daytona in lieu or Orlando.