Hong Kong Airport

Hong Kong Airport customer review

I voted couple of times for HKG for best airport before but I will not vote again from my last experience. Transit from SYD to PEK and PEK to BNE. Security staff are rude and unprofessional they all seem sick of their job and tired doing it. I had an hour between my flights from SYD to PEK. Getting off the plane I was stopped by airport staff who told me to wait for other transit passengers and then they will help me through security. A great service but after 25 minutes there is no sign they are going to take me anywhere. When I complained they told me I could go by myself - why make me wait? Will try to avoid HKG in the future.

Hong Kong Airport customer review

This airport is a tale of two airports namely arriving and departing; the latter is rather good but the former is shockingly poor. On my recent trips (three times) immigration control takes between 30-45 mins to clear which is unacceptable these days especially given that most of the other lanes are quiet. Simple resource re- allocation would be sufficient but this seems beyond common sense. On my last trip a survey was being conducted as to how long it would take to wait in a queue; a confirmation of the obviously visible in my view; suffice to say once through immigration baggage is a mess with all the bags landed some time earlier. On the contrary departing is excellent. Surely it's not related to the incentives of PAX spending money on departure but nothing on arrival?

Hong Kong Airport customer review

Beautiful airport. Friendly check-in staff right through to the security personnel. In the separate lounge there are huge windows looking out over the airport allowing views of planes taking off and landing free internet and terrific shopping and food facilities. Hong Kong has an airport to be hugely proud of.

(Greece)

Quite busy and sometimes queuing is long but something you would expect from such a busy hub. I used it twice for entering into China. Pleasant surprise that you don't have to go through Hong Kong customs on arrival. Ferry service to China excellent with many options. Other than that plenty of restaurants and shops to kill your time. Free wi-fi everywhere. Many departure gates are allocated far from the shopping centre so allow yourself plenty of time. Overall pleasant experience.

Hong Kong Airport customer review

Fantastic airport used it 3 times in the last month and have nothing but praise. Clean tidy and efficient. Distance between check-in and gates can be long so allow plenty of time. Plenty of choices for food drink and shopping. Had no problems with queuing though security can be excessive at times. Would not hesitate to use again in the future.

(Hong Kong)

Definitely share the view that Hong Kong needs to pull its socks up. It is showing its age with facilities like conveyor belts breaking down. This has happened to me twice on a recent flight from Australia I had to wait an hour for baggage. I agree with another passenger reviewer that they should try to get their management back on standard. What is the use of having another runway to generate more traffic when they could not even manage what they have today.

(Malaysia)

Been back several times within one year and find signage just as confusing as it was a year ago. It is showing its age and things are getting run down. Shops are starting to charge more than downtown.

(Gambia)

Hong Kong T1 arrival from London on BA. We were parked on the apron with the rather surprising announcement that this would make it quicker to get through immigration. Immigration is not fast but not as bad as LHR is for a foreigner. Leaving the hall you are confronted with an overcrowded and confusing mess which is evidence that the terminal which used to be superb is now getting tired. Tried to take the bus to the hotel and the ticket office put me on the wrong bus. Fortunately I know my way around HK - but still from being a cheap option it became disastrously expensive.

(Hong Kong)

It was one of the best airport but deteriorating management is showing its face in unclean toilets and fast food outlets in the restricted area. The queues are extremely long when it comes to non-Hong Kong residents. Management is losing its grip and should pull up their socks before petitioning for a third runway. They should improve on what they have.

(Indonesia)

HKIA is still my favourite airport. Plenty of shops and dining options. The design is open windows that offer views to the airplanes. Transfer and immigration lines can be long though.