Hong Kong Airport

"a large airport but is well organized"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong is a large airport but is well organized, it’s easy to change gates for connecting flights. Very crowded of course, but it is quite understandable in such a busy place. I have spent some time in the priority pass lounge also full of passengers, however plenty of staff and in a fact everything was available. General impressions positive. Full mark goes to the cleanliness, shopping and the design of the airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"Yes to Hong Kong, nut no to the customer service"

(Taiwan)

Not Verified | I did not find a single smiley face from the customer services whether it was a shop or a cafe or a restaurant, very rude while they speak. They need to be politer. I chose Hong Kong as my transit over Bangkok this time, expecting a different and more beautiful service, but I was totally wrong... The information desk was empty too, nobody to was there to help. Few security staff were there but they could not get you the exact help. Overall it was the worst experience I have had in my years of travel. Yes to Hong Kong, nut no to the customer service.
Date VisitJune 2019

"I'm still overwhelmed by this airport"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong Airport is actually my favourite airport, although for others I know it's not the best. I like the large windows which are great for looking at planes, plenty of seats and dining options, and very cheap duty free/shopping in general, aided by the fact that the Hong Kong dollar has depreciated a lot! I would say that the location of the duty free shops could be improved, as there is only one electronics store which is not so convenient for transit passengers to see. Arrival into Hong Kong airport is quite a fast experience. After a lengthy walk from your gate, immigration is very speedy and our bags were already on the belt by the time we got out. On our way back, we took the ferry from Guangzhou to Hong Kong airport. This ferry is extremely convenient as you only have to clear Chinese customs and not Hong Kong customs as well. Saves a lot of hassle. Some gates are a bit badly signposted. We were at gate 36 which is at the very end of the long centre concourse, only a very short walk away from the other shuttle train stop. I had to walk very quickly to my gate as it was almost boarding time. There are a good choice of lounges from all alliances here, but the plaza premium (Priority pass) lounges have extremely long lines outside! In conclusion, Hong Kong airport has its faults, but I'm still overwhelmed by this airport. Even though it's 20 years old if you told anyone who has never been there they probably might as well have thought it was built yesterday! The most important thing: This airport's wifi is very fast and easy to connect!
Date VisitApril 2019

"airport staff are very rude"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | The airport is neat and clean but the airport staff are very rude! The staff threw the basket at me when she found out I forgot to remove my laptop from my bag and rudely told me to get it out. Another staff member also started pushing us and screaming to us in Cantonese because we were lost and we were figuring out where to fall in line. We can't understand what she was saying because we are foreigners.
Date VisitJune 2019

"everything is closed after 11pm."

Trip Verified | Has the potential to be the best airport I have ever passed through except for the fact that everything is closed after 11pm. I couldn't find a single restaurant open except for a Starbucks. My flight was at 1am so I ended up eating toast. Depressing. Facilities looks great for daytime travellers though.

"Too many smoking rooms"

Trip Verified | Too many smoking rooms. Smoke is leaking badly outside of the rooms. Should shut them down, or move them to a separate building, or to a remote corner. Indoor air quality is bad. Restrooms are well maintained and crew is constantly keeping them well. Food is good.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"nothing opens here before 7am"

Trip Verified | Ok, so this is a nice airport. Very relaxed feel, clean and speedy to travel theough, however be aware, if you are travelling in the early morning, except for Starbucks (which had a 20-25 minute queue at 5:40am), and a few other restaurants, absolutely nothing opens here before 7am! Which for a major international hub, is really poor. There is a McDonalds and a 7-Eleven landside, what use is that? Nowhere to buy magazines or snacks etc airside or not until 7am at least.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"a really nice airport to travel to"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | Really nice airport. It's clean and quiet. There's clear directional instructions with enough signs showing the way (not too much, not too few). A lot of shops before and after customs, there's also a large variety of shops for food, daily items etc. Great transportation network to the city (Airport Express, buses, taxi and ferry). Connections with different concourses are convenient and with clear instructions. Online website and app MyFlight are really useful. Both have live information about the flight (with notifications). Mobile app also has signage translation in 9 languages and baggage arrival notice. Airport Wifi Service is very quick. Baggage claims are convenient and fast. Custom as well. Overall a really nice airport to travel to.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Nice equipped airport"

(China)

Trip Verified | Nice equipped airport with shower rooms for free, of course cleanliness was not in doubt. The boarding queues (Cathay Dragon) was in order, even if provided by Cathay Pacific ground staff, with Marco Polo Club Green Card Members in priority.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"full mark to the cleanliness"

Trip Verified | I have used Hong Kong airport few times. This time I was transit through (traveling CX business class). Perhaps it was my lucky day but there was no queue at the security screen. Having said that after I finished my security check the queue started to build up so I assume the transit process is "efficient" for first/business class passengers but not to economy. From touch down to be in the CX lounge shower it was only 15 minutes. The only thing lacking in Hong Kong airport is the friendliness of the staff. And unlike Singapore there is not much facilities. However full mark goes to the cleanliness and the design of the airport.