Helsinki Vantaa Airport

"most unpleasant and ridiculous"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | The security check of my luggage yesterday 8/11 was of the most unpleasant and ridiculous I have ever experienced and I travel frequently acrosss the EU. It was a real privacy violation and a huge waste of time. Security ok but unfounded paranoia is unacceptable. They took my entire mini products and were even pretending to take items that were not even liquid. I had even anticipated the plastic bag for that purpose. Their knowledge of English is too basic to communicate even the supervisor. They were so rude and asked my ticket, fortunately I had my cell phone only, what did they pretend there? Totally unacceptable. A real trauma.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"quite clear and easy to navigate"

(Finland)

Not Verified | For the last 20 years I have once (1 time) managed to get a hand luggage cart after security check. They are nowhere available. Probably they have about 10 of those. Walking time from the landing of non-Schengen flight to the exit to busses is about 1 km - gives you your daily exercise. Machine check-in and baggage drop a bit of a mess. Airy and light. Very expensive, for food and drink, and unlike many other airports, no cheap alternatives exist after security check. But otherwise quite clear and easy to navigate airport.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"Security staff very rude"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Not many "normal" shops, walkways at times too tight with transit/arriving/departing pax. Arrival immigration badly located, specially when flights from Asia arrive. Security staff very rude!

"tidy, efficient airport"

(Finland)

Not Verified | A tidy, efficient airport in all aspects with friendly staff and good parking as well as excellent public transport access. Some gate areas could use more seats. Bonus for clean bathrooms and access to taps where you can fill your bottle.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"in need of more cafés and restaurants"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Good and simple airport but definitely in need of more cafés and restaurants. I dont think the Finnish coffee/restaurant culture shows at the airport as much as it should.

"fast security check"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Easy to navigate, good services, fast security check, best airport I’ve been at. I like the easiness and quickness of the check-in machines, no need to wait in line.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"friendly security and staff"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Helsinki airport must be the cleanest and nicest airport I’ve been to. Pleasant surroundings, friendly security and staff. Toilets are clean and there are mobile charging points all over the airport. Many shops, restaurants and even a pharmacy.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"can’t complain on anything"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | I was on Helsinki airport two times this year and it is very good airport. I can’t complain on anything. They lost my baggage in Zagreb airport but even that experience in Helsinki airport was nice. I am happy when I travel from or to Helsinki airport because of great service and stuff, because it is so clean and in the end it is very good and it doesn’t metter how you travel, solo, with family or friend it feels great everytime. Hope it will be better and better from now on. Good luck and keep it fine like now.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"nice to spend time in"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Even though it was holiday season, we got through quickly because we knew to use the side security line, which is not that much advertised in the main lobby. Especially when travelling inside the Schengen area, everything is so close to the gates so we had plenty of time to spend around the airport because everything went so smoothly. The airport is clean and nice to spend time in, even though the food prices are insane. Luckily, you can take food through security and empty water bottles which you can fill in the lavatory taps or especially marked places.

"so calm and quiet"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | I came to Vantaa in the evening, reaching my destination after 3 flights. It was raining outside, I know it when leaving the plane and on the way to the terminal. So different compared to CDG airport, everything in Vantaa is so calm and quiet, I can stop for a moment to enjoy the silence. The instructions in the airport is clear, I didn’t have any difficulties in finding the way in the airport. There are some convenience stores, they were small but supply the things that I was looking for. After all, I caught the train to my staying place. I can say my experience in Vantaa is good. I hate rushing and I didn’t face that in Vantaa - things are going slowly but in the perfect order.
Date VisitApril 2018