Hanoi Airport

Hanoi Airport customer review

I had a great time while visiting Hanoi but got scammed at the airport gift shops. All prices are in USD but when I paid by credit card they said they could only run it in Dong. I said that was fine. When I got the receipt I had been charge twice as much as I should have. I bought 24.00 US dollars of gifts but the credit card transaction went through at 845000. (which converted to $39.00). When I confronted the salesperson about the transaction she had no answer and pretended like she didn't know what I was talking about. No one in the airport could speak English well enough for me to talk to. Then my flight was boarding so I couldn't do anything about it.

(Thailand)

Transit from Bangkok and onwards to Seoul Korea. A small airport with architecture from the olden days. Functional though. Arrivals and transit done in 10 minutes. Staff helpful and quick. There were 3 other flights so the whole waiting area was filled up with not enough seats. Lots of shops selling either luxurious items or tourist bits and a couple of cafes as well. All in all an ok airport that would not handle larger crowds. One big minus for not having wifi which I consider today as basic courtesy for travellers.

Hanoi Airport customer review

Arrivals - there was the usual wait for visas then chaos outside. Departures was horrendous: there are cafes shops etc. It was probably more chaotic as Vietnam airlines system had gone down so everyone was kept waiting then a mad dash to security etc. It was one of the most chaotic airports I have been to with people everywhere and generally just a total mess!

Hanoi Airport customer review

Hanoi airport has changed a lot from 10 years ago. Small functional airport with some new facilities. check in staff immigration and security staff are friendlier than Ho Chi Minh City airport. Shops and restaurants are open late not designed for morning flights (845 am). Prices are pretty expensive (5 USD for a coffee). It is still a tiny airport comparing with most of the airports in the region. There is no public wifi. Toilets are small and relatively clean. There are enough seats at second floor particular for morning flights. Immigration and security check are fast. Boarding process are smooth and efficient.

(Thailand)

A quick weekend getaway BKK-HAN-BKK. Both arrival and departure were hassle free as I only had a carry on. Arrival was through an air bridge and passport control was quickly cleared. Ample ways to connect to the city taxi fares compare to BKK is a bit steep if you consider the distance but its not a rip off. Many taxi drivers trying to tout you at arrivals but it is better to go to the official stand. Departure was hassle free as I checked in online so managed to bypass Air Asia's long lines. Cafes on 1st floor are OK but the product quality is very poor. Duty free or shopping at airport is full of tourist trinkets so not so interesting. Efficient airport but I flew in the morning so I gather it was not the rush hour.

Hanoi Airport customer review

In the Terminal we had to wait 20-25 mins for our visa on arrival before proceeding to immigration and customs both were efficient. The departure a week later really a terrible experience we checked in and look for some restaurant not really a good choice before security. So we thought we look after security However after security (which let me pass with a liter bottle of water filled) there was nothing - only tourist shops that sold of all thing cookies nothing from Vietnam. The terminal was filled with smoke terminal was really disgusting. People were unfriendly (security/shop seller). Also no decent place to sit also no shops selling magazines or books.

Hanoi Airport customer review

It's not a big airport by any means but it's very efficient - immigration quick entering and leaving Vietnam luggage reclaim also fast and finding my driver in the arrival hall was easy. There wasn't a great lot by way of shopping in departures but it was a clean and comfortable place to wait. I would agree with others that signage at check in could have been easier - though it wasn't that difficult to work out where I should be going. All in all a pleasant airport.

Hanoi Airport customer review

Signage is very poor & vague in the check-in area. I had to ask 3 security people where to check in. Little in the way of places to eat landside airside there is a nice restaurant though somewhat on the expensive side. Lots of merchandise vendors airside. Immigration & security people some of the nicest & friendliest I've found anywhere! I got through very quickly. Chairs are mainly hard metal ones with armrests throughout the airport. Immigration on entering Vietnam smooth efficient friendly. Airport looks old but it is clean.

Hanoi Airport customer review

I found the departure process to be daunting. The floor space is too small for the volume and both signage and verbal information sources are poor. Getting to the counter involved a lengthy search and "wading" through a sea of folks who seemed equally challenged. The gate area was far more serene and the second floor where lounges are located was virtually empty. Time for a new building - especially considering the region's growth.

Hanoi Airport customer review

Small airport can't be compared with BKK OR KLIA. Upon arrival immigration clearance is quick and bags are received quickly too. On down side at check in very poor signage and information check in counters only open about 2 hours before so one can't check in early in order to drop off bag. Lounge at Hanoi average but does the job as very little else to do once you clear immigration