Guangzhou Airport

"facilities new and clean"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Facilities are new and clean. Cleaners always visible and in action. Long distances but this is a very large airport with lots more capacity for the future. WiFi is rubbish. Connects eventually but wont work. Can't connect to free massage chairs so they are useless. Only Asian customers seem able to connect to that service.
Date VisitMay 2019

"wait made me so angry"

Not Verified | After a 9-hour flight from Australia to China, I had to wait 2 hours to get a temporary entry permit and 1 hour to pass through security. I had a free overnight accomodation on my way to England. This wait made me so angry I won't fly China Southern again, as I would probably always have to have the stopover. The plane and the service on it was great. I ended up getting to the hotel at 9.15pm and had to get the shuttle back to the airport at 6.30am.The shuttle bus was extremely dirty inside and out.
Date VisitApril 2019

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | The worst customer service I have ever experienced. They know very well how to make you feel like “rubbish”. Rude personal and no passenger rights. After all the bad experiences (in transit on my way to Cambodia and on my way back to England) I have been trying to contact the costumer service for one month and they do not even take a minute to answer my emails. I will never ever go back to that horrendous place, and I do not recommend anyone to do so.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"experience nicer than Hong Kong"

Trip Verified | My second visit to the new Terminal 2, and it is so improved on T1. I have to say I found the experience nicer than Hong Kong, and combined with an excellent business class service on China Southern Airlines, i think I'll be using Guangzhou in preference to HKG.

"is good airport"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Overall the Airport is super modern. That's why i gave it 7/10. Here is all maximum automatic, finger scanners before passport control, face scanners on passport control, self-check in, self-baggage-drop. But internet is only for Chinese phone-numbers or we-chat, and also a strange thing is that for transit people, they must recieve Chinese visa for 72 hours for free, but it takes 1 hour + the airpoirt is very big, and there are not many signs there, so it's hard to find the way. Overall, it is good airport.

"it was quite smooth"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | The airport is huge. Passengers with 72-hr connecting flights are given transit visa and there is a hotel counter to assist passengers for hotel choices. Then, they assisted us on the coach to hotel. Upon departure, it was quite smooth. There are not much shops and restaurants to choose from at the transit area.

"facilities were fantastic"

Trip Verified | Great airport, facilities were fantastic and not too pricey as far as airports go. The restaurants available were fantastic, as were the chairs available. Only thing I found undesirable was the super slow wifi offered, albeit free wifi. Would be happy to transit here. On par with HK in quality and without the crowds!
Date VisitDecember 2018

"heating in winter not a priority"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | It was cold! It seems heating in winter is not a priority, so pack a jumper. The airport is huge, with long distances to walk to and from gates/terminal, but it is all very nice and new and clean, as can be expected from anything in the new China. The China Southern business lounge was properly heated, thankfully. It's a spacious, clean and well-appointed lounge, with nap rooms, showers and plenty of places to sit. Food and beverage choices were quite good, but only Chinese newspapers available. Remember this is China, so forget about catching up with your normal social media etc. No Facebook, No Google searching, seemingly no BBC news, etc. In would not want to be stuck in this airport for a long period without having lounge access, but if you are business class or above, it's a pleasant place to spend some time.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"a new airport and looks nice"

Not Verified | I arrived to Guangzhou Airport while transferring for my trip to Vancouver. It is a new airport and looks nice. The facilities are well-designed and comfortable to use. However, the airport is so big and the layout is a bit messy. I must walk far and even go up and down steps in order to arrive to where I have to be. I think this is because the airport is really new and not quite used.

"No wifi is terrible"

Trip Verified | No wifi is terrible! When I arrived I found it's a new airport. My checked baggage arrived slowly and I waited for a long time. The airport looked good but I suppose the wifi is very important for the passengers.