Glasgow Airport

Glasgow Airport customer review

Why does BAA not do something to improve things at Glasgow Airport. Flight to Palma was fine (wtih Globespan) as was return flight but that's when the irritations start. It was 9.30pm on a Thursday and the 'international side' wasn't open - so they bussed us to an international door from the domestic gate. We were in seats 1A and 1B and because they were only using the rear door for disembarking we were last off the plane!! A KLM flight from Amsterdam arrived just after us so by the time we got to passport control there were hundreds of other passengers in front of us and 3 staff on duty (2 for EU citizens and 1 for non-EU). This is very poor and gives a poor impression to foreign visitors. All of these problems and delays are caused by one thing - lack of staff. Come on BAA get yourself into the 21st century. We have been in airports all over the world and Glasgow consistently under-achieves.

Glasgow Airport customer review

I regularly commute through Glasgow Airport and remain astounded at how consistently poor it can be despite some great staff. Yes the security incident last year was dreadful and people have coped admirably but this should not allow BAA / Ferrovial to gloss over the underlying issues with an airport that is "overtrading" until the extension is completed. Until this happens some simple things could be done to make our lives easier and some real bugbears exist. On International arrivals why is the moving walkway always closed for maintenance / switched-off as it was on January 25th? They do not however switch off the message "you are approaching a moving walkway" - actually it is not working - first impressions count and this is not good. Why does baggage always take around at least 30 mins to arrive as it did on February 2nd (as usual)? Most airports around the world are much faster than this and BAA have to take a hard look at itself on this one - are the baggage handlers understaffed? It certainly looks like it and if they are they have my sympathy what with the growth of the airport. I recently used the new SkyLounge and overall it was a pleasant experience with nice staff. On a recent ski holiday flight I was subject to the usual crowd of happy skiers all off on their break and Glasgow Airport was struggling to cope. There appeared to be a "manager" running around with a walkie-talkie telling check-in staff not to overload the baggage belts - whilst we were all standing there. I am not sure what good this did as in my case it just seemed to annoy the check-in staff all the more on what was clearly a day that they all dread (with some justification it seems). There are some highlights. The "mature" gentleman in the whisky area of the duty free shop is very knowledgeable and friendly and the Caffe Nero is very small but has great staff and coffee. All in all this place is saved by the generally good natured attitude of the staff despite some inconsistent management practices and general failure to recognise that people are not likely to accept this mess without having a voice. It's all very well expanding the retail side of an airport but the priority should be a "back to basics" campaign from the top down in terms of customer experience in simple things like check-in baggage and moving walkways. I have never met anyone who wanted to spend more time than necessary in an airport - so how about helping us all reach that goal?

Glasgow Airport customer review

You are now dropped off at the car parks and have to walk to the terminal building. Due to checking in on-line the day before I was able to check my bag in very quickly and spent the time before departing wandering around the limited choice of shops and having a meal. Overall I’m not that impressed with Glasgow when compared to other airports I have flown from.

Glasgow Airport customer review

Re. I Mitchell's comment. I don't disagree with the comment but for information only they have actually just started work on a new extension to the terminal which should radically improve matters. Due to open in late 2008.