Glasgow Airport

"what a poor image"

Not Verified | Glasgow airport is becoming like a 3rd world country airport. Bad enough being a local but what image do we want to give to an increasingly important tourist trade? Staff are very friendly but can’t compensate for the lack of investment and repair becoming obvious on a weekly basis. Travelators look like they will never be fixed having been closed for 6/8 months. Now boarded off which creates a narrow corridor access to International departures which looks like it would fail a fire escape test. It’s hard to complain when the WiFi is so bad it takes most of pre-departure time just to connect to it, 4G is faster but then again supplier Virgin still has such poor WiFi on its trains so maybe no surprise there. Boarding international flights is no fun via the tarmac as a couple of the boarding bridges appear like they will never be repaired so bring on the snow, for international carriers this is disgraceful! No wonder Glasgow is loading flights to Edinburgh airport. Arrival is good if there are any passport staff, or maybe the electronic gates are open but that is less than half the time.. Tourism is growing but what a poor image we are showing them at their arrival (and departure ) point!
Date VisitNovember 2018

"a total disaster"

Not Verified | My partner and I arrived at Glasgow Airport, from Faro, in the Algarve, on Jet2 Flight Number LS174. Now, my partner requires wheelchair assistance, through the airport, which, yesterday, seemed to be a major problem. As usual, we were held on board until everyone else has disembarked, and then my partner and I together with 3 other reduced mobility passengers were allowed to deplane. However, there was no specific transport for us, and other passengers had to give up their bus seats, so that those with reduced mobility could sit down. Having already spoken to the manager involved, on the phone today, it would appear that we were taken to the wrong gate by the bus. We waited there for approximately 20 minutes, whilst one guy went searching for wheelchairs, and people to push the. Eventually, one was found, and the guy wheeled my partner up to the toilets, then went searching for more chairs and more operatives. He found sufficient chairs, and, fortunately, only one of the disabled passengers was travelling alone, so the guy pushed his chair, whilst the partners of the others, including myself, pushed the other chairs, through Border Control, which was now empty, and met 2 more operatives on the approach to baggage reclaim. Here, we found the carousel empty, and 2 Jet2 staff standing, waiting with all our bags, as all other passengers were long gone. At this point, we were allocated one of the operatives to take us through Customs, and onto our required Pick-Up point for onward travel. This was a total disaster, and I hope nobody else has to go through this. Be warned.We have never had a problem at Faro or Glasgow (Prestwick) before.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"Total chaos"

Not Verified | Arrived yesterday at 2.00pm. Total chaos. In a queue of about a 1000 people very few border security on and a total disgrace. They couldn't run a bath.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"unpleasant workforce"

Not Verified | An awful, sullen, unpleasant workforce and overall experience. Restaurant that could manage 8 staff behind a bar and avoid eye contact or service. A shop staff (Smiths) who were the weak link after the automated till and couldn’t be bothered to support the sales process but 3 of them were happily stocking full shelves. Utterly hopeless
Date VisitAugust 2018

"lack of staff is a joke"

Not Verified | Long queue at Security but to be fair extra staff arrived (eventually) and we got thru. The WiFi was non existent despite full signal. On return, we were standing on the tarmac in the UK Border Control queue. A pre recorded message telling everyone that “due to high levels of Inbound passengers there will be a delay”. This is ridiculous! Surely the airport knows what flights are arriving, when and with how many passengers? That being, sufficient numbers of staff should be on hand to deal with the queue. Either that or invest in more E-Passport terminals (which never seem to work at Glasgow either). I have no objections to queuing at passport control when visiting other countries but having to wait over an hour to get back into my own country due to lack of staff is a joke! Having waited for so long at the UK Border, you would think that by the time you get through to baggage reclaim, the cases would be on the carousel. Not so! Another 30 minute wait! Glasgow, as my home town I love you. However, Glasgow Airport, I hate having to fly from you. Mind you, it’s not as bad as Edinburgh Airport.
Date VisitJune 2018

"lacking in communication skills"

Trip Verified | The management of Glasgow airport deserves to be sacked. The incompetent arrangement of inbound flights and attendant chaos could have been avoided. Staff are seriously lacking in communication skills. No wonder this airport is losing all its business. Change or disappear.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"charge more for less"

(Lithuania)

Not Verified | This airport definitely follows a recent trend of other UK airports. Which is charge more for less and be as uncomfortable as you are able to in the process. For example, I walked into the airport and I wanted to weigh my bag - a service that is free everywhere else in the world, as far as I know, yet here - it'll cost you 1 pound. Negligible, but honestly, just for weighing your bag? What do I do if I don't have cash on hand? Another example is the free WiFi. This is 2018. Internet doesn't exactly cost that much and a few additional WiFi routers aren't going to be much of bother - yet they only give you an hour free (which is worse than Luton airport, mind you) and then you have to pay 3 pounds per every hour! Not to mention you have to subscribe to their news that'll flood your email. I am not kidding, it's not even optional. If you've arrived at this airport during the night at times around 00.00 - 04.00, everything is pretty much closed barring Tesco Express (which saved me, honestly) and a few coffee shops (bless the staff there). Can't get through security, can't go and eat something at least partially decent (that is not a sandwich). Also, is it really that hard to have proper signs? I followed a literal maze to get anywhere close to departures. I honestly would not be surprised if the toilets here are pay to use either. At this point, I am hoping that I will at least have a good run through security, which I heard wasn't that horrible.
Date VisitMay 2018

"airport just gets worse"

Not Verified | Glasgow airport just gets worse - this morning the underground parking now has spaces from which you drop off and then reverse into oncoming traffic. I came through this airport from Amsterdam on a Monday afternoon and had to queue for half an hour to go through border control as the barriers usually operated by one person didn’t open until 6pm. This airport is not interested in the passenger - avoid it if you can.
Date VisitApril 2018

"staff very friendly"

Not Verified | Great airport, staff very friendly, easy to access. It’s a shame it is taking over Glasgow Prestwick International Airport. It is getting big now but I have never experienced any delays or long security queues. Overall I love this airport, great lots of shops in departure area.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"found this new system to be extortion"

Not Verified | The first impressions of any airport for me are arriving at the building. I am shocked to have been charged £2 to be dropped off at the door of Glasgow Airport. I haven't flown from Glasgow in years and was in total disbelief that the old drop off area has been replaced with a convoluted, badly signposted indoor carpark where everyone who passes through is required to pay a minimum of £2 regardless. Airport parking is often disproportionately expensive but I found this new system to be extortion. This minimum charge applies to taxis, increasing the fare for travellers, it applies to friends and relatives offering a lift out of kindness. I met someone who took a wrong turn off the motorway who told me she was made to pay. The free alternative to deliver people to the long-stay carpark off site is impractical and inhumane. It is transparent and unnecessary greed that ruined any positive experience I could have had. I am incensed that any charge, never mind such a high one, could be charged for access to such an unremarkable airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2018