Geneva Airport

"I would avoid at all costs"

Trip Verified | Without a doubt the worst airport in the developed world. And this the hub of business and international organizations, it’s an abomination. I waited just under 2 hours in the check-in line with only two economy class lines available. This was an Egyptair flight, everyone knows the bags will be overweight, documents not in order, etc. so this should be planned for. Thereafter hastened into a separate security line which was surprisingly fast. Thank heaven for small mercies! I might have shopped and contributed to the Swiss economy but no time. Thereafter I had another wait at passport control, again thankfully short. If not, I would have missed my flight. If I didn’t have to visit this airport on business I would avoid at all costs! Suggest you do too. Now where are those customer service surveys when you need them?!
Date VisitMay 2019

"Yet again chaos at Geneva"

Trip Verified | Yet again chaos at Geneva. I travel once a month through Geneva. Excessively long security queues are a regular occurrence. Today’s issue is no one is able to check in due to “technical issues” nothing on the website to warn you or any indication of when it might be resolved.
Date VisitMay 2019

"airport really is the worst"

Not Verified | This airport really is the worst. The queues for security were over an hour long and resulted in my family and I missing my flight. I asked numerous people to help while we queued and watched our flight leave but everyone refused. I was then told when I tried to rebook that it was my fault for booking a flight on a busy weekend.
Date VisitApril 2019

"worst experience ever"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | This was my worst experience ever. How can the airport let the passengers walk for almost one hour back and forth with bags and children to reach the luggage scan. The Airport is to small and wrongly built for this amount of passengers.
Date VisitApril 2019

"Horrendous experience"

Not Verified | Horrendous experience at Geneva T2, 1 hour queues for scanning bags. Geneva is a hopeless, unprofessional, plodding organisation. Also problems a gates for departures. Don’t use Geneva, drive to the Alps.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"personnel were incompetent and careless"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | The security queu was the longest ever experienced - anywhere. It was organized as tracery in two floors. Probably the line was over 500 meter long or even more. It took about e 40 minutes to get through it. Obviously the airport has allowed much more ski charter airplanes to land than it has capacity to handle. The personnel were incompetent and careless to the passengers. They directed us to the wrong queues, did not answer quastions or gave wrong answers. Asking about where to deliver an already checked-in ski-bag they put us into a check-in queue to British Airways. The queue was so long and traced that we could not see what was at the other end of it. I can only confirm the very negative opinions in the other reviews of Geneva Airport. The only advice I can give to other travellers is: Avoid this airport, particularly on Saturdays in winter time when ski charter tourists depart.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"rude and unhelpful staff"

Trip Verified | Appalling. I agree entirely with all the other negative reviews of Geneva airport. Horrendous queues, rude and unhelpful staff (when you could find a member of staff at all - they were very thin on the ground). I arrived two hours before my flight and only just caught the plane - and only then because it was delayed. Thank you if you read this to the decent, kind and rather wonderful four or five fellow passengers who let me go ahead of them in the security queue, despite being told not to by a member of staff. His comment- ‘get back in line. I don’t care if you miss your flight ‘. My strong recommendation is to avoid flying via Geneva airport at all costs.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"staff are rude and unhelpful"

Trip Verified | Geneva airport is a national embarrassment, I am a regular flyer and have never encountered such total disorganisation. I echo the comments from other reviewers, the staff are rude and unhelpful and the airport is in chaos. This has been the third time I have visited the airport and the experience has been the same each time. 1) 1.5 hr queue for EasyJet bag drop 2) 1.5hr queue for security 3) 30 min queue for passport control We arrived over 3hrs early as we were travelling with a 2yr old and a 6 month old baby but only just made it to the plane on time. There is zero assistance available for families which is difficult when you are forced to stand in numerous queues for over 3hrs. There is also no assistance for the elderly or disabled, we let an elderly woman walking with a stick into the queue in front of us as she was about to collapse.

"completely disorganised"

Trip Verified | The airport is completely disorganised. Rude and unhelpful staff. Security queues of well over an hour followed by yet more long queues for passport control. No warning of this additional queue which catches lots of people out. Despite arriving at the airport three hours before our flight we only just made the flight and over half the plane was late as a result of the appalling organisation through no fault of their own. I can’t comment on food or shopping as we spent the whole time in a queue! It is of course peak skiing season but this isn’t a surprise to the airport and they should plan accordingly. It was just as bad last year and lessons have not been learnt. It’s the worst airport I’ve ever been to, avoid if you can and fly elsewhere.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"it leaves a lot to be desired"

Not Verified | For a country that prides itself on organisation and as a tourist destination it leaves a lot to be desired. Very long lines at the Passport control, poorly sectioned off. Firstly the need request for Euro/Francs to get a trolly, this when you are manhandling large bags is truly a challenge. Car hire a long way (when no trolly easily available), bus drivers who drive off when you are 5m short of the precise space leaving you to wait for the next bus. A real lack of courtesy. Chaotic Car rental garage on pick up, which was thankfully much better on the return, however the location and amenities still makes it challenging. Sign posting on try to allow drop off is unclear. On return, security is dated and does not allow sufficient space for re dressing after the almost standard de robing now. Airport dining, serious lack of seating, poorly organised food, queuing and processing. Again dated and disorganised that allows pushing in and the system to become confused. Tables with trays discarded. Shops are great, distances to satellites are fine. General poor organisation, lack of courtesy are the big issues.
Date VisitFebruary 2019