Frankfurt Main Airport

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Departure from Terminal 1C. Slow passport control but no lines at security screening and very friendly security staff. Quiet and clean spaces friendly but somewhat sombre atmosphere. Wide range of competitively priced duty-free goods.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Check-in for a flight on a Saturday morning. Absolutely no queuing at security check friendly staff and quick service. Good update of restroom facilities in the B/C terminal area. Seems like the installation of a service evaluation button has helped to increase cleanliness. Ample seating facilities in all "A"-terminal area. Both out-going and in-going on Lufthansa flights use of airbridges so quick boarding guaranteed. Considering the amount of passengers using this international airport on a daily basis the service they provide is commendable.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Booked a return trip LHR-SIN via FRA in June 2011 for travel in November 2011. Connection times for each leg where 1hr 40mins and 1hr 35 mins respectively. Read the reviews on this site about FRA and was very concerned I made a big mistake and not left enough time to make the transfers due to the confusing nature of airport. Having now made the trip I can wholly recommend the airport. On the outbound journey we parked at a bus stand and was bussed to B terminal. Our connecting flight departed from a C gate. The signage at the airport is clear. Follow the signs to C. The return journey was just as straightforward. We arrived at a C gate and had to transfer to B22. However this gate was changed to B47 during the time we were at the airport. But there was at least two clear announcements and flashing indications of change on departure gate boards. I agree the walks can take 15 mins or so but it is a big airport. What do people expect? Walk off one plane straight onto another? In conclusion if anybody is like me and is a rare user of FRA do not be put off by the negative comments on this site. There are plenty of signs and they are clear. Queues were also reasonable for large airport. Still had plenty of time to make connection.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

My main complaint about this airport is simply that there are far too few gates compared to the number of flights. 90% of time there is no gate (no jet bridge) available rather you get on and off the airplane using stairs and then walk to people movers. I saw plenty of elderly people and people with kids being severely inconvenienced in those things. For that reason alone I do not recommend this airport. Also this airport has one person restrooms with people lining up outside.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

If like me you're arriving on a remote stand at Terminal 2 be prepared for a very very long walk. There was a massive queue at passport control and a surprisingly large number of 'repairs in progress' making the terminal look scruffy.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

I've made two round trips through this airport in the last 6 months. Each time has got progressively worse. In 8 arrivals and departures the only time a jet way was used was for 2 departing Lufthansa flights to Zurich. All others used a stairway from the plane then herded you onto a bus to get to the terminal. Once in the terminal it is a half-mile walk to get to the gate up and down stairs or waiting in a long line for the very small elevators. Never again will I connect through Frankfurt.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

I use FRA frequently and cannot understand most of the complaints. True signage is in dire need of revamp and first/business class lines are not strictly enforced at security. But cleanliness of the airport or lavatories has never been an issue. It's one of the world's biggest airports so walking distances can be significant. But this comes with the convenience of connecting flights.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

Never again. Bad signage (twice I went into dead ends finding myself alone with no one to ask) few arrival/departure boards no available customer service in terminals really long walks (I don't know how anyone with walking impairments can connect in this airport). Where is the German efficiency we hear about? US Air allows too little time for its connecting departures out of this airport. I was on the run yet nearly missed my flight. Never again!!

(Ukraine)

I did learn all the maps to understand layout so was well prepared to transit trough it last week. It worked. Signage there is useless as it doesn't explain difference between Shengen and non-Schengen wings. Went through both terminals. Overall impression was very depressing. Badly planned and poorly managed. I had no problem at security due to late departure time. Otherwise ten minutes spent on scanning my bag wouldn't work in big crowd. Immigration had just one manned desk for all outbound non-EU traffic. Regular passengers crews fast track - all served in one line in total chaos by one officer. I gave up my turn in the line for 12 crew members 2 business class passengers and one family with a baby. So many people jumping the queue before me! On arrival with Lufthansa from Nice we were parked somewhere within 10 minutes bus ride. Arrival hall had just one narrow escalator (supermarket type) for 300 people with hand luggage. On departure we were asked to use automated gate with bar code readers with no staff to assist. Many people with home printed and mobile boarding passes were confused with no help at all. Staff at the restaurant landside near b24 gate didn't speak English. Toilets near gates packed with people and not very clean.

Frankfurt Main Airport customer review

I will gladly pay a good deal more for an airline ticket if I can avoid this airport. Endless queues rude customer service and very confusing signage. Both my husband and I speak German and this did not help. There are decent places for food in the main area but once we got to our international gate all that was available was a wurst wagon that charged 5 euros for one sausage. We all got herded into a closed offgate area for a couple of hours that had one toilet for everyone on the plane. Never again if I can at all help it!