Frankfurt Main Airport

"the luggage situation was beyond acceptable"

Trip Verified | For a repeated time the luggage situation was beyond acceptable and we had waited 2 hr for business class luggage, the counter staff are the least helpful and completely lack any sense of urgency and or empathy. The airport terminal after finally issuing the luggage then allows tenants such as alamo and national to not operate their terminal sending you to terminal 1 with bus transfer and all your luggage/family. It took 3 hr to leave this horrendously organized airport. In 13 years living outside of Germany I have had some of the worst experiences only at Frankfurt airport. The departure experience is not better with security check in being lengthy, rude and brisk for no reason and worst organized than what I have experienced in most developing nations.
Date VisitMay 2022

"Why are these workers so hateful?"

Not Verified | Connecting to gate Z58, I had go through a passport and security question check-point. I showed them my boarding pass, which said Business class on Lufthansa and seat 9K. I got yelled at to go to the economy line. I told the man that I was in business class and he refused to help me or look at my boarding pass and waved his had to me that your economy and to get out of here. So I went into the business security line and an evil woman yelled at me at that I do not have the security sticker. I left that line and walked back the same man that yelled at me that I was in economy class. So I waited and waited and waited and went into the economy line. Why are these workers so hateful? I understand being firm and keeping the line going but not acknowledging me or verifying my information and just screaming at me does help anyone or make the line go faster.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"the worst customer service"

Not Verified | I would like to report the worst customer service I have faced at Frankfurt am Main airport. I am a disabled person, when I booked my ticket I booked a wheelchair assistant for me, I went to the counter 954 and showed the person my boarding pass and asked about a wheelchair, he advised me to sit and wait. I waited for so long but no one came to pick me up I started panicking as my gate d5 was about to close, sadly I had to go on my own with a hand carry which was very difficult to carry I am very disappointed as there was nobody at the information desk to help. I felt so helpless sad and stressed. My Flight no was FR1686, gate closed 06.30 departure 07.00.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"50 mins in the priority security screening"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Another of my awful experiences at the Frankfurt Main airport. Spent about 50 mins in the priority security screening queue, with just one of the screening points (out of 4 or 5) in full operation (as during the COVID-19 lockdown times). When people got nervous, instead of opening another point (there was enough personnel around), they called the police, which wasn't much of help since the officers behaved in a highly unprofessional aggressive manner. When I complained, one of the officers told me to stay away from Frankfurt if I don't like how things are being done here.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"the single slowest, most inefficient operation I've ever seen in Germany"

Trip Verified | For departures leaving the Schengen zone give yourself at least 3 hours to get through exit customs and security. My arrival at the airport 2 hours before my flight led to one of the most stressful airport experiences I've ever had. There must have been 300-400 people waiting in the slow customs/security line which moved very slowly. Then the security screening itself seemed to process about one person per minute, with each person struggling to position themselves properly in the scanner and then still needing to be patted down afterward. There was only one officer to pat people down and he was slow and painstaking, sometimes taking an extra 30 seconds to explain what the person should do differently next time. He had the carefree attitude of someone painting watercolors on a Sunday afternoon, with hundreds of people waiting to get through this security line. This was the single slowest, most inefficient operation I've ever seen in Germany. This airport is a stain on the usually impeccable German infrastructure.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"partner’s lighter was thrown in the bin"

Trip Verified | I don’t have anything nice to say about this airport. The staff were extremely rude to both me and my partner and shouted at us when we couldn’t understand them at security despite knowing we obviously couldn’t speak the language. My partner had bought a lighter abroad and we researched and found out that the airport did allow lighters through security as long as they were kept on our person, however when we reached security, my partner’s lighter was thrown in the bin without our knowledge or consent and we were left standing for ages waiting for it to come through before finding out they had binned it without telling us. I was shouted at for not taking my shoes off at security even though I was not told to, and the woman who kept slapping her shoes and pointing at mine was rude and not in anyway helpful in conveying what she wanted me to do. The airport has not evolved to become modern in order to increase ease of travel. I do not recommend travelling to or from this airport. There is also very limited seating at the terminals.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"Worst Airport I have arrived and departed from"

Trip Verified | Worst Airport I have arrived and departed from. Only a few hand disinfecting stations. Hardly any food shops or places to buy drinks. Staff are less than average friendly and helpful. Going through to the gates it gets worse, crowded not very clean, and no possibilities to get a hot drink or something that's not sticky sweet except water.

"many maskless passengers"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Exhausted by 17 h of travel, 11 h on Lufthansa GRU-FRA flight, I took my chance to rest after arrival, at an empty, covid-safe wing, and slept there for 2.5 h. My transit was, after all, 10 h, thanks to Lufthansa rescheduling. Proceeding to arrival security check, I was the only passenger there, disturbing a socializing congregation of mostly maskless security staff. The woman who approached me had her mask under her nose, but lifted it up, on my request. Her male colleague, on the other hand, appeared rather irate. He took a body scan and unhappy with its result, made also an unprofessionally aggressive body search. Fuming with anger, he finally gave up, declaring his frustration of a 'blank' to his colleagues (in German, which I understand). Next, immigration. Only two passengers there, and three police. On my turn, I proceeded. A young policeman takes a look at my Finnish (EU) passport, ridicules it (What is this?! A Finnish passport! Not a passport) and declines to open it. Sneering, he orders me to go back and stand behind a line. There are I stand and wait, with three idle policemen who are supposed to check EU passports. Finally, another one gestures me to proceed. Add the usual Frankfurt Airport problems - cigarette smoke, dirt (e.g. toilets), shortage of seats and general lack of order - and new ones, such as many maskless passengers & staff.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"The worst airport by far"

Trip Verified | Immigration took more than 1 hour for non-European passengers. Of 14 counters, only 3 had officials working. An insult, a shame. Hundreds of passengers stranded for over an hour. Have not seen this even in developing countries in a long time. The worst airport by far.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"definition of a low quality airport"

Trip Verified | This airport can be the very definition of a low quality airport. My flight departed from Geneva on schedule but landed late due to congestion and while transiting a truck was blocking our shuttle bus doing nothing. As soon as two immigration officers saw people rushing to the border control, they suddenly turned off the light and disappeared. There were over 50 people in the queue with two immigration officers only, and two others only dealing with crews. What a joke.
Date VisitNovember 2021