Frankfurt Main Airport

"Straightforward to use"

Not Verified | Straightforward to use, but only because my transits (non-Schengen/non-Schengen) were within the B-concourse and Lufthansa helpfully directed my connecting flights through there and not the Z-concourse. Feeling: cramped and busy, and the airport's use of remote stands for the "minor" flights is not to be recommended.
Date VisitNovember 2022

"I found very little spaces to relax"

Trip Verified | Used this airport on the 12th Nov, I found very little spaces to relax until my connecting flight, climbed multiple stairs and used multiple buses during my transit. I didn't like the experience. On my return flight from Kenya, I found the airport way way worse than my first experience, upon disembarking the flight there was security screening with lines that would have taken hours, some of us were asked to use security at c1, biggest mistake. The security check was faster but being that my gate was c13, I ended up queuing 2x for security checks, security process took 2 hours. Once you get into the c2-13 wing, limited food offers(only 2 snack bars), and limited spaces to rest, staff were not nice either. Overall bad experience.

"Awful arrogant security"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt airport is the worst place you want to start your trip or being in transit. Awful arrogant security taking all their time while people are missing their flights. I am not willing to fly from this airport anymore until they think at their customers. No traveller does not have the right to be treated like this.

"Nightmare security queues"

Trip Verified | Worst Airport I have experienced for transfer. Confusing layout & signage. Nightmare security queues. Would not use it again in the future. When you get off the plane one of the main problems is lack of flight information.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"well organized despite staff shortages"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | The airport is well organized despite staff shortages, Lufthansa staff are highly professional, well organized and empathetic. Great language equipment & German quality. I loved it and so did my parents.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"the worse airport in the world"

Trip Verified | This is the worse airport in the world. If you are not lucky and transit by there you take a bus out of the plane, you walk and walk and walk to take another bus to a plane close to your initial plane, that’s a shame. Also doing another luggage control during transit flights making losing time for nothing as you did a control for your first flight.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"rude and disrespectful staff"

(Croatia)

Trip Verified | There was a huge queue at the security check for the B gates and I was running late (arriving with Lufthansa’s bus from Strasbourg). When I alerted the gentleman who worked as a coordinator of the queue that my boarding is about to start in 10 minutes and that I still have to go through the passport control, he said it wasn’t his business and that I can complain to Lufthansa. At the same time he ushered through some other passengers. Again, when I intervened why he’s letting them pass and not me, he said that he’s wasn’t interested in my frustration. I asked his name which she didn’t want to give and he hid the name tag on his uniform. Well done Frankfurt airport for keeping employed rude and disrespectful staff who can’t even be decent enough to say they name. Because they know they’re doing something wrong.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"This airport is a nightmare"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | This airport is a nightmare. My flight wasn't on the departure board, so I had no idea where to go. I found a man on a "Lufthansa" help desk (confusing because I was flying on Singapore Airlines). Fortunately he was helpful, and gave me detailed instructions on how to find the gate. There were some details missing - e.g. taking 2 lifts at different points, so I had to hope for the best. Extremely poor signage - as stated in another review, confusing where "A" and "B" gates were. No departure screen at the gate, service was slow. Avoid this airport at all costs !! By far the worst I've ever experienced.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"rude, slow and uncaring staff"

(Nigeria)

Trip Verified | Arrogance, rude, slow and uncaring staff at the passenger screening and carry on luggage area (economy side). A while ago I was about to enter to gates A-Z area and without any reasonable motivation, just because I was not aware of the German policy that requires to separate the devices from the luggage (in many other countries is not the same) I’ve been treated by one of the staff employees dealing with the luggage bins in a very aggressive and rude way like a criminal, surely not like a client and not even a supplier.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"signs to the gates are misleading"

Trip Verified | Frankfurt is absolutely the worst airport in Europe, an absolute basket case. The signs to the gates are misleading, gates A,B are signposted together, when you follow the sign, you end up at the security for A, but there's no B. It turns out that B is in the completely opposite direction, with no signage. Hundreds of people confused today trying to get to gate B. Surely the airport authority knows this. Once we got to the correct queue, the security was so inefficient that there were several hundred people queuing right into the main terminal, people in the same flight as me missed their flight because of this sub standard management of basic airport security services. I will try to avoid this airport if I can, my advice is never use it if you can help it.