Frankfurt Main Airport

"it was a solid 15 min walk/run to the gate"

Not Verified | Had an hour to get from a gate in zone B to A36, followed the signs that took me through passport control and a luggage check then it was a solid 15 min walk/run to the gate. Thankfully plane was running late. It took me nearly an hour to make the transit. I cant believe Lufthansa sold me this flight, totally unreasonable, if there was a queue I would not have made the flight. Also the baggage check made my bag messy and it didn't fit in the size checker. Also dont buy duty free if passing through this airport its another damn thing they insist on checking. Flying from the UK. Seriously worried about the return journey now.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"queues were so long and staff so slow"

Not Verified | A bad experience. Arrived with 50 mins for connecting flight. There were no signs in terminal building showing where to go. Had to go through security again and queues were so long and staff so slow, we missed our flight.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"What an absolute disgrace"

Trip Verified | So I'm writing this review whist sitting in Cologne airport after missing my flight at Frankfurt, paying 150 euro for a hire car and driving 2 and a half hours. What an absolute disgrace the security procedure is at Frankfurt. Arrived at the airport 3 hours ahead of departure and then went to the gate 55 mins ahead of departure. Was greeted with 2 lanes of a security check open and 3 planes worth of passengers, (all 3 planes were departing within 10 minutes of each other.) Approx 80 passengers on the 3 separate flights missed there flights as a result of the inept morons at the security gate. There wasn't possibly time to get everyone through but the staff and police where completely oblivious, the police officer my wife approached for help told her "tough". I will never fly through Frankfurt ever again. Call themselves an international airport! Inept, incompetent, moronic and downright disgraceful. I will arrive home around 300 euro lighter and 12 hours late and I was one of the lucky ones, other passengers had to find 2 nights accomadation ar there own expense. Thanks Frankfurt.

"Security was a mess"

Trip Verified | The worst airport I have ever been to. Security was a mess and took so long that 80 people including myself missed our flight. The staff were rude and unhelpful and the system needs to be changed. Security should be before duty free to save time and prevent issues like this. We were not the first people to miss a flight because of this. Avoid this airport at all costs if you actually want to reach the airplane.

"Shocking security system"

Trip Verified | Shocking security system. Over 30 passengers missed their flight when security at Frankfurt Airport was so inept that they couldn’t process everyone in time, despite ourselves being in the queue an hour prior. Ryanair were aware of this but went ahead with an on time flight to Manchester leaving us stranded in Frankfurt. No one seemed sorry or even cared. Security official said “tough!” This left us waiting 2 hours to get back our luggage and pleading with the guy on the Ryanair desk to find an alternative flight. Some passengers had to wait 2 days for the next available flight. We took a flight from Cologne but had to get their ourselves which meant hiring a car and driving 2hrs plus at a cost of £146. All because of German inefficiency! Whilst talking to various staff members these is a regular and well known issue yet it has not been resolved. I’m sure any manager with half brain could make improvements overnight. What a disaster and disappointment to end our first time in Germany. Never again!
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Ground staff more interested in chatting"

Trip Verified | Apart from the bad flying experience with Lufthansa, no pre-drink on a business class flight, very rude crew and seating identical to economy, there was no real difference in flying economy, we arrive at a chaotic airport. It took 1 hours 15 min to get through security. Ground staff more interested in chatting about their lunch than actually getting people through. Then business lounge, again, rude, unhelpful staff, broken massage beds, just an all round bad experience. We expect more from a country like Germany.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Slow, unprofessional and unorganized"

Trip Verified | The baggage dropoff person took my bag, tore my ticket and told us we would need to go elsewhere to pay. After much distress we found the place to pay for our bag. Went through passport check then stood with many others waiting for the TSA to get the line checked. No movement for over 40 min. One person away from scanning and TSA shut the entrance we had to find another TSA check point. We missed our flight even though we were at the airport 2.5 hrs early. Getting tickets to the US cost us additional money of $610 even though we had roundtrip tickets. The TSA wasn't any better in January 2019. Slow, unprofessional and unorganized. I will travel by train from another airport not to have to deal with the Frankfurt Airport.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"security for terminal A a disaster"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | The security for terminal A was a disaster, we waited more than an hour in a disorganized queue where smarter people were cutting the queue, climbing under the rope etc. Today was the third time that I had to pass this security within three months, with the same experience. Only half of the security counters were operating while many screening personnel were hanging around, chatting, not doing anything. Try to avoid Frankfurt if you can, especially for transit passengers use Zurich ( the best big transit airport in Europe) or Munich.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"I find this place very confusing"

Trip Verified | Confusing. This is my third time transiting through this airport. I find this place very confusing, and not so easy to get around. Being a major hub in Europe (and the world), one would expect this airport to be easy to navigate and aesthetically pleasing. It is neither. I feel that the overall design of the airport needs to be reviewed. It seems that it was built in pieces and there is no real continuity. In addition, the lack in dining choices doesn't help.
Date VisitApril 2019

"found them rude and inept"

(Mozambique)

Trip Verified | Security at Frankfurt is crazy. We had a connecting flight to Paris. For both the incoming and return connection, this airport was horrible, especially security. They make you take out all items and put in a separate bin, even cameras, camera lenses, external battery packs, phones, etc. We had an explosive tests on two bags. Once we passed security, there were no comfortable restaurants near gate Z; the one cafe was totally overcrowded. On our way home, apparently there was a localized fire at some part of the airport, and airport workers were not letting us through to our gate. Some staff told us to evacuate; however, there was no organized effort to evacuate people, even after they made an announcement for evacuation on the loudspeaker. Staff had no idea what was going on or how to direct people, and passengers were massively confused. A Lufthansa employee told us that it was no big deal, that we shouldn't evacuate, but take an alternative route to our gate, which we did. What happened to German efficiency? We found them rude and inept. Will avoid flying through Germany again.