Frankfurt Main Airport

"Slept on the floor with hundreds of other people"

Not Verified | First flight was late, second flight we were made to wait on a plane for 2 hours and Lufthansa didn’t want or help anyone and the airport security told everyone they was another line and then 10 minutes later they said everyone needed to rebook their own flight, book a hotel and get a taxi to the hotel. I understand things happen but no other airport just leaves hundreds of people stranded and doesn’t offer even someone to listen to them. Had to go through customs 3 times and those lines are at minimum 1 hour lines. Slept on the floor with hundreds of other people even though they have a room with cots.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"an unsatisfactory experience"

Trip Verified | We were on a delayed flight from Malaga to Frankfurt. After landing, the flight captain informed us that we had made up ten minutes of the one-hour delay. But the ground service surprised us with a additional ten minutes waiting time for docking the passenger boarding bridge. Finally we waited 55 minutes at the baggage carousel for our priority baggage. All in all an unsatisfactory experience.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Worst airport in the world"

Not Verified | Worst airport in the world. I had to take the stairs for 5 floors with suitcases. Elevator broken, staff incompetent. Priority line at security not respected. German style of welcoming people…
Date VisitJune 2022

"The airport is a total mess"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | The airport is a total mess. They were late in attaching stairs to the aircraft for us to get off. The driver of the bus that picked us up was rude and delayed because he wanted to pack the bus. We were driving around the airport for quite long - people had flight connections in 30 minutes. The bus driver was driving like crazy. We had to walk for half an hour in order to find the gate for our next flight. The gate changed 3 times. People running up and down the airport for the same reasons. And right now we are in the aircraft (20 minutes delay so far) and the staff just announced that we have to wait 15 more minutes for the luggage to be loaded. For crying out loud! This is not the way to operate an airport. Is tiring and nerve breaking for both customers and employees.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Slow and intimidating security"

Not Verified | Absolutely dreadful. Missed connection due to confusing and misleading signage. Arrogance, rude and uncaring staff. Slow and intimidating security. Poor and uncomfortable waiting departure areas. Hot and overcrowded.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Rude, unhelpful, and unsympathetic staff"

Trip Verified | Security screening was the worst compared to other airports I travelled to (worse than standard TSA inspection in US Airports). Rude, unhelpful, and unsympathetic staff. My bag was inspected, they just threw away all the contents out from the bag to the tray. You can just search or take out what you see as suspicious looking articles rather than throwing all the bag contents out and scrambled it in the tray. I need to repack all the contents of my bag. Officers did not say a single word throughout. Very annoying.
Date VisitJune 2022

"underwhelming and a bit disappointing"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I transited at Frankfurt on my return from Johannesburg to Tokyo. I had originally booked with Swiss but they rescheduled my flight to return on Lufthansa via Frankfurt. I arrived before early in the morning and had about a 6hour layover. On disembarkation I asked one of the ground staff where I needed to go as my flight was not yet on the departure board and was pointed in one direction and told to to join one line. This was for the A,B and C gates. The line for non EU passport holders was huge and many of the other passengers in the line were frustrated and people were trying to push to the front of the line as they were going to miss their flights. It didn't bother me that much to wait as I had a long wait until my next flight. The ground staff didn't really seem to know what they were doing and appeared quite panicked by the number of people in the line. When i reached the front of the line after an hour of waiting I was told by the immigration guy that I was in the wrong place and that I needed to go to the Z section. Obviously this was annoying! I found my way to the Z gates and passed through easily. The Z section was pretty barren. There was a decent sized duty free shop with a good selection of the standards and a few local German products, a newspaper shop which sold sandwiches and drinks, a cafe and bakery, and a hot dog stand. There were a couple of seating areas with charging points but not many. One thing of note was that cans of cold beer and soft drinks were about 3 Euros in the duty free shop but 6 Euros at the newspaper shop. Everything was clean enough but there really wasn't much to occupy my time. I felt Frankfurt airport much like Lufthansa to be underwhelming and a bit disappointing.
Date VisitMay 2022

"it’s absolutely a nightmare"

Trip Verified | What a nightmare! I have been travelling for more than 20 years. This is by far the worst experience I have had of any airport. Flight delayed, gates are miles apart, slow security checks, not enough seats, slow check-in time, confusing maps and signs. But for me the worst thing about Frankfurt airport, is the Lufthansa staff. It has been a nightmare. Luckily I was travelling alone. If you have a family or an elderly, it’s absolutely a nightmare. I will never fly Lufthansa nor transit at Frankfurt airport again.
Date VisitJune 2022

"No consideration for old and disabled people"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airport to travel thru. Not the first time that I need a wheelchair. I was in transit and the wheelchair came to take me to my next flight, but left me at the top of a long flight of stairs and told me that I have no other option than to walk it down myself and with my purse and hand luggage in my hand. I have very bad knees and I didn't think I will be able to make it. No consideration for old and disabled people. Very heartbroken about the way they treat the elderly.
Date VisitMay 2022

"the luggage situation was beyond acceptable"

Trip Verified | For a repeated time the luggage situation was beyond acceptable and we had waited 2 hr for business class luggage, the counter staff are the least helpful and completely lack any sense of urgency and or empathy. The airport terminal after finally issuing the luggage then allows tenants such as alamo and national to not operate their terminal sending you to terminal 1 with bus transfer and all your luggage/family. It took 3 hr to leave this horrendously organized airport. In 13 years living outside of Germany I have had some of the worst experiences only at Frankfurt airport. The departure experience is not better with security check in being lengthy, rude and brisk for no reason and worst organized than what I have experienced in most developing nations.