Fort Myers Airport

"belittle their customers"

Trip Verified | I think everyone can count on more than two hands the amount of rude experiences at an airport that they’ve had but today’s stood out more than usual! My boyfriend and I set our backpacks down after having gone through TSA already to go grab a bagel which couldn’t have been more than 10 minutes. When we came back to our seats there was a guard standing near our stuff with a dog. We didn’t think anything of it and then he approaches my boyfriend to belittle him in front of other people that you “can’t leave your bag unattended” and “it makes people unsettled”. He went on for about 5 minutes and then told us some other people may be coming to talk to us. All for a backpack ?! What is TSA for if you’re still worried about my bag?! Maybe this airports needs to put signs up saying not to leave bags unattended before they belittle their customers for their unwritten rules. Attached is a picture of the dangerous scary backpacks!
Date VisitAugust 2020

"This is awful and disrespectful"

Trip Verified | We are under a pandemic and I am wearing a mask and gloves, respecting 6 ft distance. Workers at security didn't want us to maintain 6 feet and told me they didn't care if we all got sick. one guy called me sick girl and said you decided to fly, you should have stayed home. This is awful and disrespectful. Security needs to be more aware of the part they play in helping keep people safe. Otherwise, they can stay home.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"they have horrible wifi"

Not Verified | Small airport, clean and friendly staff. However, they have horrible wifi. Make sure you have a good data plan if you have to sit for a while for your flight.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"clean and welcoming"

Not Verified | This airport is clean and welcoming. The problem I recognize is the preponderance of dogs not being carried or placed in a designated kennel. During my last visit, I saw an emotional support animal lying on the floor in the TSA queue. Three dogs on leashes were seen at the Jet Blue gate. Announcements about dog rules and regulations are made repeatedly but are ignored. Signage would be helpful enforcement is needed.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"Parking there is a mess"

Not Verified | We dropped off and picked up twice in March and went to cell lot to wait. Parking there is a mess! Cars are parked everywhere they shouldn’t be and people can’t move or get out. Has no one ever checked this problem out? Wish I would of known I could of taken pictures and sent in. I will definitely next time!
Date VisitMarch 2018

"TSA agents surprisingly friendly"

TSA agents at Fort Myers Airport were surprisingly friendly. I was on a red-eye flight home to Chicago, and was feeling restless. They were very understanding, and I am still to this day shocked given my experience with the TSA at O'Hare. WiFi was ok. The decor was quite tasteful.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"there is a lack of shops"

Beautiful airport, lots of palm trees, like a nice Florida airport, staff are very friendly, though I would say there is a lack of shops in Concourse C but other than that it is a great airport. No one really connects through RSW so honestly I don't have an opinion on that, but in general, beautiful airport.
Date VisitJuly 2016

"security check was efficient"

The airport is clean. The security check was efficient but still appeared to be thorough. The TSA agents and others in the airport were courteous and respectful. This is a great airport and I would recommend.

Fort Myers Airport customer review

RSW is a lovely airport with plenty of amenities. However I had TSA-Pre status and the lines weren't open so I had to stand in line and go through regular security. Why offer a product that isn't available?

Fort Myers Airport customer review

Very nice small airport that's the only close one to Southwest Florida. Never had a bad experience in the 5+ times I've traveled round trip through it. It's small so the waiting times are good security isn't an issue at all and they have a few basic amenities. It's not an airport that can keep you busy for long layovers but I don't think there's really any reason one would have a long layover here. If you're traveling to Naples Ft. Myers Marco Island or any of the cities in and around Collier Country this is definitely the best way to do it.