Eindhoven Airport

"extensive queues before security"

Not Verified | Always trouble at Eindhoven Airport. Very long queues for passing security. The staff are unfriendly and not willing to help their customers. The communication is really bad. In December they closed the departure hall and let people wait for 2 hours outside in cold weather without any communication. Yesterday there were many people (almost) missing their flights because of the extensive queues before security. And when your flight arrives at the airport, you have to wait a really long time for your luggage. And they don't react properly to complaints.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"never have I been thrown out of an airport"

Trip Verified | I had an early morning departure with my teenage son and for logistics reasons we were dropped off late the preceding day. I have travelled extensively on all continents but never have I been thrown out of an airport in the middle of the night. The only reason staff could give me was to make the work of the cleaning staff easier. They need better cleaning staff, that much is clear. It was a very cold night, thankfully dry. We were equipped for camping so we were merely uncomfortable. I shared some of our clothing and sleeping bags with a family with small children and travellers from eastern europe, all of whom had never experienced anything like it. What if it had been raining? Shame on you Eindhoven for your total lack of manners and consideration. Never again.
Date VisitFebruary 2018

"Airport is rather dirty"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | We were informed that this was a smart and easy Airport. Check in luggage easy Safety control, half An hour queuing. Worse than a international airport No decent restaurant, only self service - not enough and no decent seating. Airport is rather dirty.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"departure hall is chaotic"

Trip Verified | The only reason I use this airport a lot is that it's conveniently located, close to my final destination. Positive: there are a few nice shops and the restaurant has a good choice of food and beverage. Staff is ususally friendly. Now for the negative: Departure: departure hall is chaotic, you have to work your way through/around the crowd waiting for arriving passengers to get to the check-in zone. Security queue can take a very long time and even in busy times not all security checkpoints are in use. Behind security the shopping area is ok but again, chaos rules in the departures hall. The very worst of the whole experience however is getting to the aircraft like cattle the passengers have to walk (sometimes a long way) via metal crash barriers and they are sometimes made to wait outside a long time before being 'released' to proceed to the aircraft. There is no protection from rain/wind/sun. Arrivals: same drill to get from the plane to the luggage hall: long walk (which may include climbing stairs), followed by a long wait inside. I know no airport where it takes so long to collect your hold luggage. This being a relatively small airport, it is quite frustrating and I do not understand it. Yes, I (have to) use the airport a lot. I just let my mind go blank.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"What a disaster"

Trip Verified | What a disaster. Arriving more than 2hrs in advance of flight and still almost missing the flight. Uncoordinated luggage check-in, no staff to help, FlexPlus checkin was out of service, regular check-in devices that all of a sudden got out of service, flight labels that you need to attach to luggage yourself and were too sticky for manual attachment. Really nobody of the staff seemed to care about increased queues and the consequences for travelers worried about making their flight. Eventuallly we needed to be very rude and egotistic to fully skip the queue in order to make our flight. Staff were like: it’s your problem. Eindhoven clearly does not have the infrastructure, staff and information systems to manage all flight volumes properly.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"Security officer was very unpleasant"

Trip Verified | Security officer was very unpleasant. I had paper napkins in my pocket (one would think that an x-ray machine would know the difference between those and a bomb) but he wanted to see them. I immediately showed them in a very polite way but he talked to me as if I was completely out of line. I felt like a criminal - my crime being that I carried napkins, that is. I addressed the security officer as “sir” but he talked to me as if I was a neighbour who needed to be roughed up. Don’t these people get any training?
Date VisitJuly 2018

"What a disaster"

Not Verified | First time traveling with Transavia from this airport. What a disaster. Everywhere you can read about the friendly Noord-Brabant. Well, I can tell: its a horrible place to be. As soos as you enter the airport you can see and feel the mess. I have travelled about 40-50 airports and never ever, whether it was in China or Russia, I saw such chaos. And even then the worst is yet to come. When you have to go to your plane you will stand outside in the wind and rain between iron counters which remind you of WOII. Never ever we will uses this airport again!
Date VisitJune 2018

"almost no staff"

Not Verified | Horrible, just unbelievably horrible. Enormous queues, almost no staff. Was here two hours before take-off, and still waiting. I'll try to avoid it next time.
Date VisitMay 2018

"it only gets worse"

Trip Verified | Super slecht: al een paar keer op een rij. Nu toch besloten om een review te schrijven, daar er geen enkele vooruitgang te bemerken is. Sterker nog: het wordt alleen maar erger. Te weten: een onvoorstelbaar lange rij voor de baggagecontrole. 2 uur wachten en bijna de vlucht gemist. Eenmaal binnen een rommelige en chaotische bende, zonder fatsoenlijk sanitair. Deze AirPort kan het huidige aantal vluchten echt niet aan. Ik heb zowel in binnen- als in buitenland nog nooit zo’n slechte ervaring gehad! Zelfs in zo genoemde ontwikkelingslanden loopt het gestroomlijnder. - Super bad: already a few times in a row. Now decided to write a review, since there is no progress to be noticed. In fact, it only gets worse. To know: an unimaginably long line for baggage control. Wait 2 hours and almost missed the flight. Once inside a messy and chaotic gang, without decent plumbing. This AirPort can not handle the current number of flights. I have never had such a bad experience both at home and abroad! It is even more streamlined in so-called developing countries.
Date VisitMarch 2018

"we had to wait outside the Airport"

(Morocco)

Trip Verified | I had a "not good experience" at Eindhoven Airport for many reasons. First, we landed at 22.00 coming from Morocco, and I had to wait for my next flight to Prague which was scheduled at 08.00 in the morning. Actually, I was planning to spend the night inside the Airport to catch my next early flight to Prague, but unfortunately at 23.45 the security staff came asking me (in a polite way) and some passengers to leave the airport because it closes at midnight and opens at 04.30 in the morning. So, we had to wait outside the Airport for 4.5 hours shivering in cold weather (-2). Personally, I do respect the rules of public places, but to be thrown away in such cold weather without any shelter outside the Airport is something inhumane and bad that may affect the excellent reputation which The Netherlands has worldwide. Second, not enough seating. Third, some of the security staff were unprofessional because they wanted to take some thyme and dried mushrooms which I usually use in my kitchen as food. They called a police officer who came to check my luggage, and I had to wait there for some time. Fortunately, the police officer was helpful and professional. I usually take tyhme, mint, dates, nuts, fenugreek seeds, and other dried herbs and plants during my trips as I am vegetarian, and I had never been delayed by security staff for such things. Unfortunately, in Eindhoven Airport it happened, and I was really very unsatisfied. I hope to see better services there in the future (shelter outside the Airport, comfortable and enough seating, professional staff). The Netherlands is a wonderful country and its Airports deserve the best.
Date VisitFebruary 2018