Edmonton Airport

Edmonton Airport customer review

In retort to R Wright R Skermer and Rob McMann comments I have been a business traveler for many years in Edmonton. I used to fly out of the Muni (City Center Airport) and connect in Calgary and Vancouver to my destinations. Since consolidation over 10 years ago I do still have to connect in Calgary or Vancouver to the following destinations but now endure a 45-minute drive. Edmonton International Airport has only one destination in all those cities London. It is much easier to fly direct from Calgary or Vancouver then connecting in London. As I live north of city the "new freeway" is still very far from being completed. Their are several over passes/bridges and lanes to be completed so it is far from complete. I do not have any complements for the Edmonton International Airport. I find it to be inadequate and lacking in service.

Edmonton Airport customer review

In response to D Scott's comments on the lack of access to YEG. He says the freeway by-passing the city won't be completed for many years. It is actually complete and has been for many months.

Edmonton Airport customer review

The facility is not that far out and actually commiserate to many airport drives I get throughout North America. It is clean efficient friendly and probably the easiest airport to get in and out of that I have experienced in a long time. I actually look forward to using it when I travel. I get a choice of Delta Northwest Air Canada Westjet Horizon United US Air and a gaggle of smaller and charter airlines. As the numbers grow and the $1 billion expansion takes hold this place will continue to explode with activity. I am as happy as a clam that I no longer have to use Calgary as a connection point to get anywhere. This airport has the directs to where I need to go and single connections at US and other Canadian hubs for the other destinations that are not direct. This facility has made the reality of re-locating back to Edmonton possible. Now for more post- security non Cara amenities please.

Edmonton Airport customer review

Daily scheduled service to US cities from YEG: Chicago Denver Minneapolis Salt Lake City Phoenix Las Vegas Los Angeles San Francisco Seattle. Mexico City daily scheduled European: London. Travel to airport from north side - via completed ring road to St Albert Trail - not many years away completed.

Edmonton Airport customer review

I've flown in anD out of Edmonton for a number of years. The last time I noted that the airport on both sides is very cramped for space. Mr Scott is correct in saying that it is best to catch international flights in Calgary. The airport is a distance from the city. For a city that has a metro population of over one million this airport does not meet its needs. All be it Calgary is a hub city and Edmonton is not. Looking at the statistics it is apparent that Edmonton's air traffic is growing. Over all though Edmonton International is a clean facility with good to excellent amenities.

Edmonton Airport customer review

Just reiterate for K Lucht benefit. I stated that American Continental United and Delta do not fly into Edmonton. Had they bothered to read the next sentence I mentioned that "United and Delta do fly the regional carriers in" These are small 50-70 passenger regional jets. The seasonal flights they speak of are charters. Not schedule flights. Recently Zoom Airlines have pulled out of Edmonton as well. The point of going to Calgary was the cheaper and better selection of flights available.

Edmonton Airport customer review

It is well laid out and things are generally close together avoiding the requirement to walk vast distances to get to/from your gate. There are good amenities available once you're past security if you want to get something to read or something to eat. And the Air Canada lounge at Edmonton is very nice indeed -- definitely the place to be if you have to spend a few hours between flights. The airport is a way out of Edmonton proper and getting there involves a slow drive through downtown if you're from the north side. Also in my most recent trip there it took about forty minutes to get through the security checks. I had allowed what should have been plenty of time before my flight boarded but it ended up being barely enough. I don't know if my experience is the normal situation but if it is the security facilities and staff should be beefed up to handle the amount of traffic.

Edmonton Airport customer review

Not sure what D Scott or S Petersen are talking about. US Airways Horizon Northwest United and Delta all serve the airport. International destinations include Punta Cana Mexico City London and seasonal Amsterdam and Frankfurt service. These are in addition to other destinations in Mexico and the Caribbean. The airport though small is clean and efficient and Edmonton Airports is working to improve the shopping and food options throughout the airport. A 180 mile drive to Calgary would not make sense for most travelers.

Edmonton Airport customer review

Quiet and small is how I would describe Edmonton International Airport. It is a bit of a drive from the north side of the city. They are building a new freeway to avoid driving through the city but it will not be completed for many years so you are looking at least an hour drive. Hardly any flights going to major US cities. Small regional jets fly most of these. Not served by American Continental United or Delta although United and Delta do fly the regional carriers in. As far as International flights to Asia or Europe best go to Calgary or Vancouver. Air Canada has only one flight to London and that’s it. I do find the Airport Improvement Fee a joke. $15.00 added to my ticket for what? A few restaurants and no parking.

Edmonton Airport customer review

Recently connected in Edmonton while doing Vancouver-Fort McMurray and back. Airport was clean modern and busy! Shops are limited understandable due to it's size. Staff were friendly and the terminal had a nice open feel to it. Edmonton is much easier to connect in compared to Calgary because it's simply more customer friendly and it makes these long day trips less stressful!