Edmonton Airport

"shocked to be treated like this"

Trip Verified | I am 63 years old, I was pulled aside for an indepth screening - the lady who was screening me told my husband he could go ahead - I said no I wanted my husband with me, she thoroughly went through my bag with a wand - what was most disturbing was how she would just throw my stuff around - not even closing zippers or putting my liquids bag in the pocket it came out. She was not very friendly - my husband and I were shocked to be treated like this. It was quite rude to be treated like this since I am an elderly woman.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"It was chaos!"

Not Verified | The problem was in security the morning of March 27th 2019, the scanners broke down but one, the staff were throwing the tote trays with passengers things in them to the one scanner that was working. It was chaos! We missed our flight with Westjet, no one from the airline came to get us, and they only held the plane for 10 minutes. Many people missed their flights! There was panic everywhere, even tears! When we got to the gate the plane had just closed the door, the Westjet employ was very cold, and not helpful at all. But did charge us an additional $1300 for 4 more ticket home! This is outrageous! No one wants to take responsibility for this, this is not our fault.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"Terrible signage"

Not Verified | Terrible signage. Arriving late at night into the domestic terminal trying to get to the US terminal you are led first to a bank of windows. You cannot get through and next you find signage taking you to a set of doors that is locked all night long. No one in the airport was helpful. Once you figure out how to exit the terminal and go through U.S. security the situation gets even worse. Over 100 passengers were held in a cramped area until 4 in the morning. Finally, exhausted we were allowed to proceed to our gate. I probably could have designed a worse airport but it would have taken a significant amount of effort.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Horrible signage"

Trip Verified | Horrible signage! I returned with my Hertz Rent-A-Car and has no idea where to go! No signs where to go. No signs indicating the terminal and no person to assist. I travel every week for work and have never had an issue navigating an airport. Got inside and stood in security line for 1/2 hour to be told I had to walk half mile American gates. Are you kidding me? No signs when I walked in that I needed to do this! No person checking passports to say this! Security then tagged me and said I had too many liquids, 4 bottles with less than 3 oz? Seriously? Guy took my bag apart and then said, oh, I guess everything’s ok! Horrible experience!
Date VisitMay 2018

"Edmonton is well signed"

Not Verified | The only way to fly out of where I live, as I do monthly, is to get a connection either through Edmonton or Calgary. My main reason for writing this review is I cannot stress enough how horrible Calgary airport is. Edmonton is well signed, information of gate changes is always available. The staff are almost always kind and helpful. There is food/drinks or restaurants evenly distributed throughout the airport, and not a far walk to get anything I need.
Date VisitJanuary 2018

"airport is well laid out"

Not Verified | Very nice modern airport for a city the size of Edmonton. The airport is well laid out, has some ok restaurants, good wifi availability and comfortable seating. When you compare this to Calgary airport it is heaven. Calgary has a low quality 3rd world airport.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"modern, well organized, and dependable"

YEG is a very modern, well organized, and dependable airport. The layout is quite simple and well marked with plenty of signage making it easy to navigate. Staff are friendly and informative regarding airport amenities. Edmonton International seems to fair well even during the most trying weather. Its greatest downfall though lies solely on it's laughable attempt at providing free WiFi to travellers. Anyone attempting to pass the time on the web, entertain the kids with YouTube, or download an update will swiftly become frustrated by either the glacial speed of the network. Or the intermittent loss of connectivity. Tasks as minor as checking one's e-mail becomes a feat. My advice for passing the time during layovers. Bring a book.
Date VisitDecember 2015

Edmonton Airport customer review

Coming home from a 7 month trip (looks like I was the last reviewer) via a long distance flight during a snow storm is not fun. Thankfully I live in Edmonton where they know how to handle the weather/keep the runways clear. The only delay in landing was that the bridge connecting to the plane had trouble securing due to icing. Other than that we were off the plane quite quickly. Immigration had about 5 booths open and was only a 10 min wait. Issue with the baggage carousels in that the info telling us which one was ours was only up for 2 minutes (while we were waiting to get through customs) and then for some reason it disappeared which was quite confusing. Airport staff was waiting past the customs area to help passengers with connecting flights.

Edmonton Airport customer review

June 24th 2014 outbound. Seems like a new airport with all the renos. Very clean lots of stores tons of plug ins (including usb) and varied seating (standard gates plus loungers foot stools etc). Security was a bit of a lag due to training but staff were very friendly and seemed to be enjoying their jobs. If you have issues walking highly suggest getting a wheelchair as it can be a bit of a trek to get to some of the gates.

Edmonton Airport customer review

Great airport. Ideal if you are connecting to the United States. There are lots of services shops and restaurants. Easy to spend time during a connection. The US and Canadian customs are nice and efficient (much nicer than Calgary's dingy space).