Edinburgh Airport

Edinburgh Airport customer review

I am aged on wrong side of 70 not a regular flyer. On return flight to Ireland on 11/09/14 I feel I was treated as no better by security staff (and I wholly approve of stringent security checks at airports) than a common criminal. The guy who checked me made me remove my shoes spread-eagled me and when he found I had failed to remove a few scraps of paper from my pockets dealt with me in a sneering and ill mannered fashion. Never again.
Terminal Cleanliness N/A

Edinburgh Airport customer review

We flew from the airport on 16/08/2014 : the drop off area was dark and congested the departure hall is congested as people flying out are trying to find their check in desk and people arriving off flights are walking through the same area to exit the building - a total muddle. The security and hand luggage check area is like a cave (it is so dark) and is very muddled before and after you go through it. But what a difference when you enter the duty free and waiting area - bright and well organised space. We flew into the airport on 23/08/2014: in the ladies toilets there was one door with a broken lock and another toilet was out of action. It did not smell very fresh either. We seemed to be the only arriving flight as there were no other passengers going through passport control or baggage reclaim yet it took 15 minutes for any luggage to appear even although there was quite a delay in anyone being able to exit our plane after landing. We used to like using Edinburgh airport but in the last couple of years it has not been a very good experience.
Airport Shopping N/A

Edinburgh Airport customer review

Airport is a building site. Every time I have returned to this (my home) airport recently the airport via has been in a different place each time even further from the terminal. Presumably this is to remind is that no matter how much inconvenience and expense the tram in Edinburgh has cost us it is still not over. The tram of course takes far longer than the bus to get to the city centre so I imagine they believe by making the bus harder to find they will displace at least some passengers from the bus to this 1 billion £ white elephant. Not me. But clearly they care nothing for their passengers. The only ones who have a decent exit these days are being met by private cars.

Edinburgh Airport customer review

Arrived on flight from Mexico on 24th July. Flight landed at 08.00 but we didn't get our bags delivered until 09.00. First bag was delivered from flight at 08.46 (after screens initially stating baggage delivery would start at 08.31). This was after being bussed from aircraft. General feeling amongst passengers was that there was not enough staff to cope.

Edinburgh Airport customer review

Flew to Geneva on Monday 7 Jul on easyJet 18.00 flight. Through the boarding gate more or less on time and then spent 25 mins waiting in hot sun in a polytunnel at the SW end of the terminal building. Turned out we were waiting for a vehicle with a lift platform to assist a disabled passenger to disembark. Exactly the same thing happen to me about a year ago only that time it was a wheelchair that took 20mns to appear. Something wrong somewhere. I wouldn't care but I had just completed a passenger survey whilst waiting at the boarding gate and I gave the questions asked quite good marks. Mind you I am the one who told the survey that the gents toilets on the right when you come back home through passport control simply honk of stale urine. Sort it.

Edinburgh Airport customer review

Arrived on flight from Milan on Saturday 28th June. Taken from aircraft by bus despite being on a stand within walking distance of terminal building. Then kept on bus for around fifteen minutes due to queues in passport control. Released off bus only to then spend 45 minutes in queue in a perspex tunnel in very hot temperatures because electronic passport readers were being trialled. No air-con no ventilation with older people and children being subjected to heat. This was unacceptable for a major gateway point to Scotland.

Edinburgh Airport customer review

Arrived 20 minutes early on a Ryanair flight from Tenerife arriving 2300 hrs. Bussed from where aircraft was parked at other side of airport to find huge Q at immigration. Immigration automated passport readers were taking twice as long as human counterpart. Having only cabin baggage you hope for a speedy exit but with all the faffing about it was just after midnight an hour after the plane had landed we walked out of airport door. Passing through baggage reclaim I heard the duty manager trying to explain a luggage delay by telling passengers that their aircraft was early so if they have more than one aircraft prepare for delays. This is my local airport and I so want it to be good but the service at the moment for arriving passengers with buses stairs walking outside in all weathers incompetent immigration staff makes it Pathetic.

Edinburgh Airport customer review

I flew to Edinburgh Airport from Exeter by Flybe on 28th April 2014. I have some limitations to my walking and was quite amazed to be directed of the plane to 2 flights of stairs to the arrivals area there then followed a very long walk to departure point with no walkways (only when you have to fly out of the airport are two sections provided). I have travelled by air to many destinations worldwide and usually find assistance if needed. Edinburgh is therefore a shock in that no assistance was offered and having stairs to climb with no alternatives make it a rather second rate airport. I'm quite surprised that no one working there from top management downwards has not recognised that they are around several decades out of date compared with other airports.

Edinburgh Airport customer review

Flew into Edinburgh airport on 14th April 2014 from Bristol on easyJet and returned on 17th April. On both visits we were taken aback by the excellent customer service provided by the easyJet staff and staff from all parts of the airport even the chaps that searched our baggage. I would highly recommend anyone to use Edinburgh Airport. A bit busy but a few personal touches did not go amiss.

(Spain)

I think its a nice decent mid sized airport. Good location and has a very good number of flights to a variety of destinations.