Edinburgh Airport

Edinburgh Airport customer review

From the bag drop (had checked in online) to past security and airside was a shade over ten minutes and this at 1630. Can't really complain about the airside facilities or indeed much else. On the return leg the baggage was at the carousel by the time we had got there. The only problem was being held up by the bus service for twenty minutes because they couldn't get it to restart and a whole bus load of pax and their luggage had to change to another vehicle (but this is a Lothians Buses problem). Otherwise I still rate it a very good airport in the 5m - 10m passengers per year category.

Edinburgh Airport customer review

EDI-LHR T1. From the check-in kiosk to clearing Security was this time 20 minutes but that owed a lot to the time of day (0800) and this time of year. The queue this particular day was a long one but they worked hard to keep it moving. However I don't see where they could add additional security screening capacity - short of taking out two shops to provide some sort of Business Fast-Track.

Edinburgh Airport customer review

I have not used this airport as frequently as some commentators but I was recently there and disagree with some of the previous comments. True it is busy and needs additional facilities also the shops and restaurants are usual BAA fare but there was plenty of seating and information was good - my outward flight was delayed but not really due to the airport (the local weather was poor when it appeared very good everywhere else in Britain). My real disagreement is with transport links there is a bus to the city centre every 10-15 minutes which costs £3 and when I used it took less than 20 minutes which seems as good as any other airport I know of in Britain. Obviously it will take longer when the traffic is busy however there is much publicity about a tram to link the airport and city to be opened in a couple of years so it is not really fair to say the problem is not being addressed (albeit rather late).

Edinburgh Airport customer review

Unfortunately I have lost confidence in Edinburgh Airport. The last few years have seen it improve a fair bit from where it came from. However there has been a period of growth over the last year or so and the airport is struggling to cope. The transport links to the airport are poor and appear to be getting worse. There is no word of any investment into improving the traffic problems in the area either. I also find the queuing times in Edinburgh mean that the time spent in the airport is no longer enjoyable while it seems that delays hit the airport more and more. I travel to Heathrow often and use Edinburgh but it would appear that whenever a flight is to be cancelled it is from Edinburgh. Leaving us passengers late for business meetings. Coming from Kirkaldy Fife I am delighted to see the upturn in Dundee's airport and I will certainly be using Dundee as opposed to Edinburgh from now on.

Edinburgh Airport customer review

Despite the increase of passengers in the recent years Edinburgh Airport remains still a small and cosy airport. There are however few issues which could be improved; those are: playing area for children better connection between Glasgow Airports and a safe cycling path from the city centre as well as other parts of Lothians for the staff commuting every day to work like me. Although Edinburgh Airport is a non-smoking airport it is difficult to believe it simply because the smoking area outside the terminal limits to one bus-like shelter very poorly signposted so people smoke just at the exit doors.