Edinburgh Airport

"the most disorganised and shambolic airport"

Not Verified | Having travelled the world I can honestly say that Edinburgh airport is the the most disorganised and shambolic airport I have been to. I am very proud to be Edinburgh born within one of the most beautiful cities in the world however the airport is appalling. The car park spaces are so tight that once parked you can’t get out. Once you have managed that the lengthy check in queues await with subsequent queueing for the bag drop which is at the other end of the airport! One hour and 50 mins in total so be warned! Seriously gurus get your act together, it’s fine the world over!
Date VisitDecember 2019

"total absence of Edinburgh Airport staff"

Trip Verified | At present, Edinburgh Airport has replaced its normal luggage conveyor belt with what might be described as a "human conveyor belt" leading to a single bag drop off point. Yesterday, fortunately having checked in two hours early, my wife and I then formed part of that, taking an hour to reach the bag drop off point. All the time, airline check-in desks downstream were allowing passengers arriving later to filter into the queue ahead of those who had already been in it for some time. Understandably, tempers were frayed and there were some ugly scenes. The matter was made worse by a total absence of Edinburgh Airport staff policing the queue. (They were probably keeping their heads down). This has apparently been going on for some time, and is likely to continue to do so. The knock-on effect is delayed flight departures, but creating one single channel for passengers with tagged luggage to move slowly along must also present a health and safety problem. Edinburgh Airport Authority should be totally ashamed for treating passengers like cattle.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"the management is atrocious"

Trip Verified | The staff are fine, but the management is atrocious. I feel sorry for the staff and the trouble they get, which is caused by incompetent management. This airport has serious issues with the low number of check in desks, and the removal of the baggage conveyer and an additional queuing system to drop of your bags. It’s gone back in time. I saw passengers getting stressed and aggressive, flights being delayed due passengers not being processed quick enough. The security system is very good, but check in takes hours of standing in queues, watching some people jumping to the front is annoying. We used to get flights from Aberdeen, but have to use Edinburgh due to the limited flights from Aberdeen, but we will look at Glasgow now. Edinburgh is a really bad experience and we don’t want to go back. The parking and other costs are mental. This airport is a total embarrassment to Scotland, and I feel ashamed of what people from other countries will think of this circus they call an airport.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"a really badly organised airport"

Trip Verified | This is a really badly organised airport. Not enough check in desks, and to add to that some genius in their management decided to take away the baggage conveyer and make another queue. People were getting aggressive and flights were being missed. I am going to go out of my way to not use this airport again.

"charges are increasing"

Not Verified | Pick up / drop off charges are increasing almost every month. One of the most expensive Airports in uk, in 5 months prices have doubled, and in December 2019 pick up price is 5£ for up to 15mins.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"the experience of traveling become a nightmare"

Not Verified | I moved to Scotland 3 years ago and was nothing but pleasantly surprised by the amazing approach of staff from Edinburgh Airport, very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately since my last two experiences in November 2019 and December 2019 the experience of traveling become a nightmare. Having a member of staff screaming at passengers during a security check what is and not allowed, let alone, having a male member of staff going through my bag without asking and throwing things away from it and literally searching through women's hygiene products is not a pleasant thing. I wish people would have more respect and decency and treated passengers in a better way, not like cattle going for a slaughter.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"found the assistance was first class"

Not Verified | I need assistance and I found the assistance was first class from the moment of arrival to my departure. I was looked after, I had no breakfast and they got me something to eat and drink this is the first time in all my years of using the assistance that I was treated so well. Well done Edinburgh airport you get five stars from me.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"staff were nothing short of amazing"

Not Verified | International arrival was a treat, total chaos. Weirdest security set up I've ever experienced. Luggage retrieval was even more unbelievable. A full hour for the luggage to arrive at the belt. Departing this airport wasn't quite as chaotic or confusing or weird. But please put some more seating at the check-in level. People were all over the floor (very unhygienic) just no seating. I don't know how to rate this airport and I asked myself would I use it again or even recommend it and the answer is a resounding yes. Every single airport staff member and cafe staff were nothing short of amazing 10/10. I will happily return amid all the chaos! What a treat!
Date VisitAugust 2019

"unhelpful staff, poor directions"

Not Verified | Walk for miles to baggage reclaim, unhelpful staff, poor directions, confusing information, (tram or bus), almost no seating anywhere, no proper waiting areas and so on. As an expat, visiting monthly, I’m ashamed that this is the airport for the capital city. Of course, Edinburgh Airport has a previous record.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"not an airport I wish to return to"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | This airport feels a mess. Paying for a quick drop down and pick up is ridiculous. Before Immigration, there are too many shops, cafes and restaurants limiting space for genuine passengers. The fast track security line on exit was supposed to work but didn't and so business class passengers had to mix in with economy passengers who were actually closer to the line and grabbed each spot as soon as they become free. Had there been someone there to feed in fast track passengers it would certainly have been more than helpful. There seemed to be little lounge signage. I had to walk the length and a half of the airport as I was directed to the wrong end. The lounge for the Qatar flight seemed to be shared with other airlines and was packed. Thankfully I only had ten minutes before boarding commenced. On the other hand, international arrival was a breeze. Nevertheless, not an airport I wish to return to if I can avoid it.