Edinburgh Airport

"extremely dissatisfying"

Trip Verified | I am writing on behalf of my 96 year old mother, Mrs Leslie Elizabeth Adams, who was scheduled to depart from Edinburgh Airport at 12.10 the 20/9 on flight SK2514 to Copenhagen. The flight was delayed and finally departed at approx. 17.30. Unfortunately, my mother's age, prevents certain levels of understanding modern times, so she has needed assistance the whole journey and has been fortunate to have her other daughter to keep her company in the next five hours that the flight was delayed. The daughter, Mrs Fiona Broekhuijsen, was sceduled to fly to Amsterdam the same day. Therefore it is shocking to hear that in those five hours, she was issued with two £6 pound vouchers, which do not buy very much in Edinburgh Airport. She was totally dependent on Mrs Broekhuijsen. As I understand, there was no other help, but then I am the daughter waiting for her arrival in Copenhagen. My mother has told me that she was transferred to the bottom of the stairs up to the plane, where all other passengers were on board. Here she was left to sit in her chair, in the cold wind for 20 minutes and forbidden to come on board because of refuelling rules. A request for a blanket was ignored. Finally on board, she was instructed to walk alone to the very last seat at the back of the plane. She had Seat no. 11A! her balance is very bad and she falls very easily. I find this extremely dissatisfying.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Edinburgh Airport do not care about poor passenger experience"

Trip Verified | I was travelling with a group of disabled guys and I needed the Ambulift - took 40 min to come to get me off the plane I complained and within Omniserv the contractor had replied - great but the letter and email to Edinburgh Airport went unanswered - there were some other problems like there are no telephone numbers to use to contact the airport - according to them its all through Twitter and Facebook. I am 74 dont use them so 2 weeks chased them up had reply - (in a nut shell) you have been told why, its not to the standard we want and hope you travel through us again. As they had not answered my additional problems I wrote back on 2 Aug and had email please give us your phone number - the man will phone you to discuss my feed back - I sent it to them, still no contact on 20 Aug. Spoke to Chief Executives office they are not interested but gave me the mans phone number and his supervising directors number, they do not answer their phones. So the moral to the story is Edinburgh Airport do not care about poor passenger experience and hope by ignoring complaints they will go away. I had to laugh - while being effectively held hostage on the plane for 40 min. I was told (this International Airport) was very busy lots of planes are landing - sort of stating the obvious. My rating for dealing with complaints is zero.
Date VisitJune 2019

"I love Edinburgh Airport"

Trip Verified | Finally, a line reserved for fast track security checking. I love Edinburgh Airport if it does not change. I use this airport 30 to 40 times a year and the most painful was to pass the security at the fast track.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Would avoid this place in the future"

Not Verified | Not the best airport I have travelled to and from in recent times. Fairly long walking distances to boarding gates, chaotic scenes going through security and airport staff not the most pleasant to deal with. Would avoid this place in the future.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"keeps customers away from their bags for too long"

Trip Verified | Airport security line keeps customers away from their bags for too long while going thru security and when that happened someone took my bin with my phone in it and placed it back in the pile of bins and I lost my phone. The lady that was supposed to help me find my belongs was very rude as well. Should keep customers with their belongs as much as possible otherwise they can get stolen.

"an insufficient airport"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | I’m from the area and I was returning back for a wedding and to spend a few days in the beautiful city. Found the city much busier to what I remember and an insufficient airport for all the tourists they are accepting it was one of the worst airport experiences I’ve witnessed. Overstretched and no space, this is not what a Capital of a country should be giving as a first impression, you need to make it bigger.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"worst airport in the world for the provision of information"

Not Verified | This must be the worst airport in the world for the provision of information. A group of us, all experienced travellers, were there at Edinburgh to pick up our children who were arriving from Amsterdam. We expected boards showing whether the flight had landed and what was the progress through customs et cetera. We went from one end of the airport to the other to try and find information. Why on earth does the airport not provide information like all others, and this is especially important as there are two arrival points at opposite ends of the Apple. To lack such a basic requirement does not qualify the airport for any more than one point.

"Parking a disgrace"

Trip Verified | Shocking service at Fast Track, rude member of staff! Parking a disgrace, paid extra for priority parking but no signs. Airport feels claustrophobic and cramped. Rude staff and gate also. Not one positive thing to say about this whole airport I’ll stick to Glasgow Airport - it’s fantastic.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"rude, female security guard"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | I had a a mostly great departure from Edinburgh Airport last month. Check In staff were quick and couteous, the Duty Free staff member who served me went out of her way to assist me, and our departure was only a few minutes late. My only disappointment was the rude, female security guard that shouted at us for not using the redressing desks (that looked full up to me) which made it quite stressful travelling with my wife and child and we had a lot of hand luggage. She seems to be a common target for complaints in these reviews. The police just after security briefly questioned us but were polite. Overall a great experience and 10x better than a London airport. Thanks again to the Duty Free staff member for helping us out, and also well done to the whisky tasting staff who were very knowledgable and helpful. Cleaning staff were also very hardworking and the place looked clean.
Date VisitJune 2019

"this place is a disgrace"

Not Verified | Flew from Edinburgh to Amsterdam on the 30th June. We have been through multiple airports with our 21 month old daughter in the last 12 weeks with no problems - we have even been pleasantly surprised at the speed and politeness of airport staff. However this was definitely not the case at Edinburgh airport. From the unfriendly, unhelpful check in staff to the downright rude security gate staff, this place is a disgrace. The security gate lady was heard to bellow "let's go people" at families scrambling to get small children through gates. I asked another security gate lady if it was ok that I pick up my belongings. She said that she "would yell at me if it wasn't". I am sending a formal complaint to Edinburgh airport admin itself but in the meantime needed to vent my horror at such disgusting conduct.