Dusseldorf Airport

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

Non EU immigration took over 3 hours to reach one of the 2 windows open over 400 crushing chaotically in a small area with no queue system. Very disorganized and poorly resourced - but a couldn't-care-less attitude prevails. A very unpleasant place to pass through.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

I arrived at Dusseldorf International from New York very early in the evening. Immigrations was very fast the fastest I've experienced. When we got to baggage claim area the baggage was already on the carrousel. No problem at customs so 40 minutes after arrival we were buying our S-Bahn (train) tickets to go to downtown Dusseldorf which is 15-20 minutes away. The airport is modern and very clean. There's plenty of places to eat and buy - there is a supermarket inside the terminal. The only thing that didn't work for us was that the train ticket machines didn't accept our US-Bank debit cards so we had to get cash in order to pay the tickets but there was no Deutsche Bank ATM in the airport and we had to get cash from another ATM which had no agreement with our US Bank resulting in higher fees. However I think that this is an excellent airport. Our outbound flight was from Berlin.

(Luxembourg)

Airport is modern and clean well connected by road and public transport but the security check is a disaster. The staff are slow arrogant and unhelpful. Queuing took forever even fast track. Beware you get charged 1€ if you require a plastic bag for liquids. I never carry any but I thought that was shocking given that airport charges are included in tickets.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

The airport itself is very convenient however the car parking situation is very bad. In May there was no long term parking place left although plenty of space you had to reserve a place through the Internet before leaving which we didn't. The second time in July I tried to reserve a place some days before we left but now all long term parking places were already occupied. Next time we will try to avoid using Dusseldorf airport.

(Slovakia)

No waiting at check-in (Air Berlin/Niki) nor security. Boarding was little chaotic but OK. Only downside was that we waited for baggage pretty long time. Airport also seemed to me as easy to transfer. Overall very good experience in modern terminal.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

Dusseldorf is a modern clean and relatively efficient airport. I found it for the most part user-friendly in terms of the facilities and lack of queues. Just one minor complaint though the signage is really poor sending you in circles and to dead-ends. There are two floors for departures which can be confusing and you really have to keep your eyes peeled to keep track of where you're heading.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

Excellent airport. Good for changing flights too. Well laid-out. Good shopping and food outlets. Friendly staff clean and well connected by trains and road. Good choice of destinations and flights.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

I used Dusseldorf airport for the first time to try and fly back to Ireland for Christmas via Aer Lingus. After a 3-hour journey through snow and ice-covered Dutch/German motorways I arrived at 9am. with 1.5 hours to spare and managed to find a space in a long-term carpark. I found the airport lively and efficient. Because of the inclement weather flights were being cancelled with frequent regularity and I didn't hold out much hope for mine. However the runways opened at midday and Aer Lingus passengers were called to Gate C. By 2pm there was still no gate number allocated to my flight and then it was suddenly cancelled. What followed was farcical. Nobody could help with any practical advice; I was told to hang around for a few hours in case Aer Lingus decided to put on a Christmas day flight. Eventually I queued for almost two hours at a 'service' desk and was told to basically to sort out a new ticket or cancellation myself by going online. During this time I noticed 3 pairs of armed police wandering around the queues (perhaps to quell any frustrated passengers?). There was no professionalism compassion or practical advice. The final slap in the face was trying to retrieve my car which cost me Euro23 in parking fees; Dusseldorf staff managed to unload a meter of snow behind my car in their attempts to keep the driveways clear. Thank you Dusseldorf; I won't be using your 'facilities' again in a hurry.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

Excellent airport with great facilities short distances and almost no queues. Clean restrooms some good food-outlets and acceptable prices in shops. Nothing to complain about.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

Used it a few times as it is closer to my home as Amsterdam. Furthermore the waiting lines are so short. Airport is fresh and clean and luggage arrives very quickly. Staff is friendly and helpful.