Dusseldorf Airport

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

Dusseldorf is a nice airport that is in a convenient location from where I was staying in Dusseldorf. I flew from New York to Dusseldorf and was greeted by a very cheery customs agent. I was one of the only people on my flight who was not a citizen of the European Union so the agent seemed happy to have someone to talk to. The terminal area was nice and spacious. They had duty free shops that sold everything and some small cafes. The gate areas were small though especially for the international flights. This airport had a lot of signs to direct everyone. Some of the staff got annoyed when they had to speak in English instead of German though.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

I recently flew from Dublin to Dusseldorf and was very upset with the rudeness of the security staff in the airport. The beeper went when I walked through so I needed to have my shoes (which I had been told not to remove) and feet checked etc. This was no problem whatsoever with me except that the security guard refused to speak one word of English so I had no idea what she meant. However the language barrier was not the problem. She was abrupt and rude throughout the whole procedure. When she had finished checking my shoes and feet she stood up folded her arms and stared away in the distance. Wary of leaving without "permission" I stood up and asked clearly "Is it ok to go?" (unfortunately I don't speak German but this has never been a problem before). In reply the security guard turned her head away and completely ignored me! I have taken approximately 10 flights a year for the past five years and I have never experienced such rudeness. I cannot find any facility for customer complaint on the Dusseldorf Airport website.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

30 January. First time I've taken an outbound flight from D'dorf although I've arrived here in the past. Fortunately we arrived with over two hours to spare because it took forever to get through security. No good reason other than the staff were very slow and prioritised chatting with each other to processing passengers. We were there the day after they'd been on strike (pay dispute) and it certainly looked like they were still on go- slow. Apart from that you're forced to walk through shops to get to the gates but that's the case at many airports these days. It felt crowded with inadequate seating but we were there at peak time (Friday evening). What was worrying was that our plane was delayed because passengers (who had arrived at the airport in good time) were stuck in the security queue - there was no system for pulling people out and prioritising them if their flight was due to leave. D'Dorf seriously needs to sort this out. I probably will fly from this airport again because it's about the only German airport I can fly to Leeds Bradford from but I won't look forward to the experience and if there's an alternative I'll take it.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

If you take the train it counts as a local ticket however to my understanding when you get to the "station' you have to buy a new ticket to take the sky train to the actual terminals. Know your terminal before you get on (just look at the departure boards in the skytrain area). Staff were the usual German indifferent place was clean and I didn't find it crowded. Took about 5 min to get through security and everything was on time.

(Luxembourg)

Airport is ok security is a travesty terminal B lanes only 1 gate open at noon 120 min line up to get through. 35 minutes. If I had a shop behind security I would go crazy with the customers being put on hold before the gates outright stupid in every conceivable way.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

The airport wasn't even busy and it seemed like the staff had their thoughts elsewhere. Staff can barely even exchange basic courtesies even in German.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

My Homebase airport and of course I'd like to start and to arrive here. But I also want to criticize some points: no free Wlan! I think this is really utterly impossible in the modern world of today! Other thing is when I see the passport control for non-EU citizens its always crowded specially when the noon times airliners from UAE Russia and Turkey (with 777 and A330) arrive. Parking is too expensive! Bus connections could be better. Remaining points are ok. The airport is very clean they solved the problems with the signs and also the gastronomy is very good (but also very expensive!). Personnel are mostly very friendly and there are not many delays on a normal day.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

Started and arrived from here a lot of times yet. Very good airport with good signage a lot of restaurants and shops and the ways to the gates are not long. You can easily access it by car public transport or taxi. A visitors terrace is available.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

I used this airport as I had flight connection. I had to stay there for 3 hours. Airport looks very nice and have lots of shops to visit. Unfortunately there is no free wifi (not even in coffee shops or restaurants) There is an option to use service of one of well known mobile network provider but it's very expensive £4 for 30 mins. Direction signs are clear toilets everywhere. Very close to city centre. Seats in waiting areas are comfortable.

Dusseldorf Airport customer review

The airport is overall fine. Nothing extraordinary nothing really bad. It's very grey and lacks nice stores and restaurants. I was connecting flights here with Lufthansa and missed my flight therefore my waiting time for the next flight was 5 hours. Unfortunately the whole terminal was very cold it almost felt like the heating was not working hence the very low score. Waiting for 5 hours in a cold terminal building is not fun plus the internet access is not free. I paid 12 euros for 4 hours. Also there are not enough electricity outlets especially next to seats and I observed many people trying to find one.