Dublin Airport

"treated terribly at the safety check"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Me and my friend were treated terribly at the safety check. Was made fun of in front of all the other people there because we did not know that we were supposed to push our luggage all the way to the machine. We are used to it rolling by itself. Anyway, they could have told us. Instead they made us go back and talk to this horribly rude man who I am sure has never smiled in his life. He also treated our luggage as badly as he treated us. My friend and I work in customer service ourselves, and would never treat people like that. Disrespectful.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"unhelpful and rude staff"

Not Verified | Terrible airport. Coming from an EU county with a connecting flight, we were directed outside the terminal and had to go through security again. All terminal seating is uncomfortable after 20 min. Long lines, unhelpful and rude staff.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"really ruins the trip"

Trip Verified | Worst!! Non Europe passports in one huge line. Over an hour wait to enter the country arriving from London. Staff rude and unhelpful. Was so looking forward to visiting Ireland, but this really ruins the trip.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"A pleasant experience indeed"

Trip Verified | Great airport! Lots of seating for waiting - comfy seating at that and a good choice of food/shops, friendly staff - quick movement through customs and unlimited free WiFi! A pleasant experience indeed!
Date VisitAugust 2018

"appalling attitude of the security staff"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Being Irish and now having lived abroad for many years, one always looks forward to returning home around three times a year. I have seen Dublin Airport grow and see the volume of people going through the airport over the years but it is plainly clear that the management are unable to grow their mindset to increase facilities. Whilst all terminals are over crowded to the point of being stressful, actually grubby and lack any sense of calm it is the staff that need to be brought into training for customer care. I have noticed any one of them from check in, operations and lets not forget the appalling attitude of the security staff. These security staff are rude, arrogant, appear to work at their own pace. Why is it that it that are unable to identify liquids from solids with personal Hygiene products and you can only fit about two bottles under a 100 ml in one bag, stupidity. I travel about three times a month globally and it only appears to be Dublin that I ever get pulled over for a test along with every other third person,thus creating long queues, re testing your bag leaving you stand there for another 15 minutes as they forget your bag. It is getting worse and is now bordering on a feeling of dread going through it. Shameful and as an Irish person reading these posts, shameful to the Irish peoples true nature of friendliness and kindness. The CEO is clearly out of his depth.
Date VisitJune 2018

"staff very unhelpful and rude"

Trip Verified | I have been to many airports and generally try to find the postives in everything. However, I was unable to do that with my expierence at the airport in Dublin. The staff were very unhelpful and rude. When I approached a staff memeber simply asking her help, she responded by saying “Depends on what you want”. Because she was rude and unhelpful, I tried to take my question to the ticket desk and the man there told me that my problem has nothing at all to do with him. He did not offer any help but went on with his work. While checking in, I found the attendent helping me also rude and unhelpful. She even scolded, unsmiling and without comment, simply pointed to the direction she was suggesting I should go. I was deeply saddened by the encounter with the employees at the Dublin airport. It was my very first time in Dublin and I found that everyone was kind, friendly and helpful with the exception of the staff in the airport.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"we were stuck on the runway"

Not Verified | Flight arrived 30 minutes early but we were stuck on the runway for close to an hour to taxi to gate. Ground handling failed to deliver the entire flight’s baggage - unacceptable.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"staff are rude and unhelpful"

Not Verified | This is absolutely the worst airport I have ever encountered. The staff are rude and unhelpful. I departed in Madrid and arrived in London. All of my liquids were cleared by EU security in Madrid. After arriving in Dublin, we needed to clear customs although we were not leaving the airport, and re-clear security. Even though my liquids were cleared by a different EU member country, Dublin security through out the majority of them. I found all staff members to be extremely rude, with unnecessary beurocratic measures. I am well traveled and this is the absolute worst airport experience I have ever had.

"Service was horrible"

Not Verified | Service was horrible. I spoke to two members of staff, and both responded curtly and rudely to my questions, looking at me like I was crazy. I am still a teenager, was travelling alone and am not an experienced flyer, so naturally navigating the airport was going to be a daunting experience for me no matter what. Their unhelpfulness really set panic into me, after dealing with the lady at the baggage check-in I remained completely unsure as to whether I could bring my suitcase on or not, which remained a source of worry to me right up until my departure. Being inexperienced, how was I to know what would happen to my bag? For all I knew, my bag could not have been accepted on board! When asking a security guard for advice later on, he spoke to me as if I was an animal, telling me facts which he knew to be true, and seemed to assume I would also know, when the reality is, why would I be asking him if I knew already? Both made me feel stupid and annoying, when in reality I asked them one straightforward and reasonable question each, as I assumed that the staff were there to answer my questions. That being said, when handling liquids in the clear bags one lady was very helpful to me, showing me how to make all my liquids fit in one small bag, and she is the only reason that this review is not getting 0 out of 10. Thoroughly disappointed with my experience overall.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"doesn’t reflect the charm of the city"

Not Verified | Extremely long line through customs to get in and then customs official seemed to ask irrelevant questions. It seemed as though they were delaying on purpose. When leaving, found check in at Aer Lingus extremely confusing. They’re trying to do most of it by kiosk and only had 2 people walking around assisting and passengers all trying to get their attention. Kiosk didn’t work for me so had to find someone to help but waited a long time before finding someone who hadn’t already been flagged down by someone else. There was no line, just whoever caught their attention first when they finally finished with the previous person. Once I got to the right place the person answered my questions and was helpful. Found the way to gates to be like a maze with narrow and isolated hallways, whereas the main waiting area was crowded. People working there congregated in walk ways making it difficult to get to gate. Only 6 charging stations that I could find in this area. Seats were cracking and stuffing coming out of them. Dublin is such a charming city. Too bad the airport doesn’t reflect the charm of the city.