Dublin Airport

"thing is the staff attitude"

Trip Verified | Today I travel from Faro and had to stop in Dublin airport for transfer to a Ryanair flight to Liverpool, during the security checks i had the next problem: i bought some goods from Faro duty free and the cashier add in the system that Dublin is not the final stop and put a seal in both of my bags so i can travel safe with them until Liverpool, which was break by one of the security guy to be checked. First of all, the way he break the bag it s a joke, thinking that i have to walk until gate 119 and stay around in the airport for another 2 hours, i had to carry my luggage and the broken bags somehow. This bags were sealed by an airport operator so they were checked and safe. Second, if this is your policy you should have replacement bags for cases like this. And the last thing is the staff attitude, firstly doing a stupid joke like "are you having a party" (there were traditional Portuguese goods for my friends) and continuing with asking one of his colleagues if she fancy any of my goods from the tray that he checked. This attitude is disgusting and made me feel very bad and angry in the same time, if they are allowed to check my things that doesnt give them the right to decide what to do with them or have this attitude.
Date VisitAugust 2020

"rudeness and arrogance of staff"

Not Verified | I am ashamed to say I am Irish when I use this airport. To think that visitors to this country are met with the rudeness and arrogance of Dublin Airport staff when they arrive to our country is an awful first experience. Terminal 1 is disgusting. It’s old and run down. I travel quite a bit and use the airport on average once a month. It is without fail every time that you meet these DAI arrogant staff. I have only experienced these arrogant rude Unionised staff to have Dublin accents. They shout and speak to people like they are hearding cattle. I’ve seen them rush old people at security, give snide horrible comments to people who are trying to organize themselves at security because they might put something in a tray or not. Some of them look very scruffy and unprofessional. Unfortunately Dublin is the only airport that has direct flights to my destination. If I could use another airport I would. Worst customer service ever. Managment need to cop on and get their finger out. Get rid of these arrogant people and give the jobs to people who want to work. Monitor their staffs behavior.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Dublin airport is now a silent airport"

Not Verified | My wife and 2 small kids missed their flight due to Dublin Airports “silent airport” policy. They arrived well in advance of the advised arrival time for a flight. They checked in their bags and proceeded to the gate an hour ahead of boarding. There were two flights scheduled to depart from the gate. There was a long queue which my wife and kids joined. She stayed patiently in the queue thinking that people in front were queuing for her flight. Only to eventually discover the gate had closed for her flight. They had made no announcement for a final boarding call and no announcement for passengers who had not made it to the gate. My wife was told this was because Dublin airport is now a silent airport. This is in order to make it a more pleasant experience by avoiding noise pollution. My wife and kids were greatly disappointed to miss their only flight to Kviv with no other flight until the day they were due to return. Apart from cost of flights and hotel accommodation lost, my kids were deeply disappointed to miss this big trip for their mid term break.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"the employees went above and beyond to help me find it"

Not Verified | I somehow lost my watch during the security screenings and the employees went above and beyond to help me find it. During a very busy morning, I felt like such an idiot but the attendants were very kind and we eventually found it. Thank you again for being understanding and how easily things can get misplaced. Overall - the entire experience flying in/out of Dublin has been amazing and I look forward to my next trip. Thank you again!
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Security was busy but flawless"

Not Verified | Just flew from Dublin airport. Great experience with good booking in experience. Security was busy but flawless and there was a bit of banter with the security officer when my bag flagged up and he saw I was smuggling tea bags. The airport was busy and we had a lovely meal in harvester restaurant (T2). Everything went like clockwork. Much prefer Dublin to Belfast Int and the 100 mile trip doesnt put me off.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"the worst airport I’ve encountered yet"

Not Verified | Easily the worst airport I’ve encountered yet. As an avid traveler, I have never had such a hard time doing a transfer within one airport. There are mislabeled signs stating that “all transfers” must go a certain way, but then when you reach the check point they send you out to baggage claim the opposite direction (with no bags to claim as it is a transfer). Staff are in no rush and passport control is ridiculous. Like other reviews have mentioned - there is the bare minimum of staff working and more often than not they are sitting on their phones at the desk. I had 2 hours on both transfers and the gates closed behind me twice because of how insane this airport is.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"Signage within the airport inadequate"

Not Verified | Use Dublin airport annually to fly to Orlando via Aer Lingus. Flew out November 12th. At last Dublin have "upgraded" their "bum grater" seating and have added the thinnest possible padding they could acquire to them! Still no sign of any comfortable seating anywhere. Return 19th December from Orlando. Mad dash all over airport to get tickets for connecting flight to Bristol after initial flight from Orlando cancelled and "emergency" flight put on by Aer Lingus who assured travelers that AE staff would be on-hand to assist (not a chance!) Notable that in complete contrast to Orlando airport, no USB or mains charging points available anywhere! Also notable that, although Dublin Aer Lingus' base, support staff scant to say the least! Signage within the airport inadequate. Not an airport of choice. Avoid.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"The place is dismal"

Trip Verified | All connections to all USA destinations have been herded into a 2 cafe hallway for the duration of the wait between flights. There is wine, beer, coffee drink and liquor shots but few mixers, no soda for example and the are sandwiches of various types. The place is dismal. Hard chairs are filling up with waiting passengers. For WiFi you have to fill out your e-mail and tell them what flights you are using. Considering part of our ticket taxes are to pay the airport I think that the airport is unprepared and cheesy in its requirements to take people’s data.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"another undignified and embarrassing search"

Trip Verified | My second experience this year of rude, aggressive and extremely unhelpful security staff at Dublin airport. I'm disabled, mobilise on crutches and walk with adapted footwear. I cannot safely go through the security gate without my crutches and my boots on. This seems to offend Dublin security and my punishment is to be treated like a criminal. Today I was subjected to another undignified and embarrassing search - my adapted boot was held up in full view of others as I was interrogated about the adaptation inside. I travel on average 10 times per year. I am treated with respect and dignity (and by pleasant and professional personnel) whilst being fully security checked at Gatwick and most other destinations. I don't understand why security staff at Dublin are so hostile and unpleasant to someone who obviously has more difficulty than most. I am Irish and feel very ashamed of this behaviour by Dublin airport staff. Comments above relate to my experience of Security staff only. I have wonderful pleasant helpful assistance from OCS mobility and buggy personnel always.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"inefficient airport and lazy unprofessional staff"

Trip Verified | Visited Ireland for the first time in June. Flew into Dublin and waited 2 hours in line for immigration on arrival in Terminal 1. There were only two windows open, one for EU and one for non-EU. There were also officers in a window for EU, but the officer instead was on her phone for the entire time. Super terrible impression of Ireland and Dublin airport. At the arrival terminal, the staff at the information desk were acting rude and unwilling to help. Upon departure in Terminal 1 at checkin counters, Swissport personnel are terrible and unprofessional. They would stand at the empty counters to do nothing but talk to each other loudly, and not open counter to checkin the long queue of passengers. As a world traveler being in so many countries and airports, what I see here is an inefficient airport and lazy unprofessional staff. This is not how "service" is performed. Super terrible and rude employees, staffs, airline personnel, information desk staffs, police officers, airport employees. Disgusting experience at Dublin airport.
Date VisitJune 2019