Dublin Airport

"Rude and arrogant security"

Not Verified | Rude and arrogant security. Attitude is very bad and their performance has nothing to do about security or our safety. Large egos which distracts from their main task to provide a seamless and efficient passing through scanners and checks. As a frequent flyer I find going through Dublin to be very unpleasant. Not the first time I've run into issues with their security and bad attitudes
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Very rude at security check"

Not Verified | Very rude at security check! Am a frequent traveller and have been through security checks all over the world, as a lady I am not used to being shouted at for no reason at all! If the personnel can't deal with so many customers during the holiday season they should not be working at an international airport!

"Very unprofessional"

Trip Verified | At least two separate check in desks (106 and 108) were rude unhelpful and had the poorest service I have ever encountered at any airport. I had to witness first hand and second hand as passengers were subjected to this behaviour. So you don’t like your job but keep it to yourself. I think we are beyond extra training here. If you don’t like the job, find another. Very unprofessional - SAS and Ryanair.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"feels it's way too small"

Not Verified | Too small. No seats near check in and security checks are very slow. It feels it's way too small for the current number of passender. On the positive side it's easy to reach from the city.

"unpleasant chaotic experience"

Not Verified | Unfortunately, I very frequently need to use Dublin Airport, always an unpleasant chaotic experience. After spending nearly 100,000,000 million on the new Terminal 2, I had hoped the experience would improve. This facility opened in 2011. It’s was ok for a couple of years during the recession. Now it’s clear it’s not fit for purpose. It’s shut down when American flights are departing due to preclearance and all Aer Lingus flights are diverted to other parts of this disjointed airport. It’s hard to believe nearly 1 billion was spent and a facility that’s not fit for purpose after 7 years. There is talk of another new terminal. Wear comfortable shoes, expect long walks / long delays, long Queues poor quality catering, high prices, dirty toilets facilities, with very poor ventilation demotivated staff. Departure area’s stuffed to the gills with generic retailers flogging the most uninspiring stock, toxic scents from all the perfume counters and concession stands to obstruct pedestrian flows. Very limited uncomfortable seating, poor signage. Advice to the DAA - new management team - concentrate on ensuring arriving / departing flights are punctual, forget turning the departing terminals into market stalls like Henry Street. Passengers - allow plenty of extra time, wear comfortable shoes for long walk, learn to meditate to keep yourself calm when all goes wrong in Dublin Airport. This is an airport where all the management needs to be sacked, no more political appointments. A new management team of skilled experienced airport operator, only those who have worked in serious airports should be employed.

"Restaurants were expensive"

Trip Verified | Restaurants pre security and pre boarding were expensive for what was on offer, limited in their offerings and uncaring staff with impossible to understand Dublin accents. The restaurant before security says 1. Pick a table (table number) 2. Order your meal and pay 3 wait at your table for food Should be straight forward right porridge and a coffee I ordered paid. Then the lady said wait so I can bring my own coffee. I said no cancel the coffee because the food is to be served according to their own regime printed large as you enter. Some restaurants have a welcome sign but this has a set of rules designed to make their life easier. Rules which they refuse to follow. The Irish meadows place before boarding gates 405 , 406 , 407 to 426 is believe it actually worse. American passengers must be making promises. To never set foot here again
Date VisitJune 2019

"they couldn't care less"

Trip Verified | I had the misfortune to visit the gents toilet in the upper food court landside at Terminal One and the only word for them was filthy. This is the only airport I have ever been to where there are no toilet seats even fitted to the porcelain, they were simply missing rendering their use impractical, unhygenic and very undesireable. The security area at Dublin has been a joke for years where sullen and rude staff bark at passengers who wait an inordinate time and in a queue four deep waiting for bags rejected to be processed for additional screening. On this trip my bag was rejected. Due to the number of people queueing and being the fourth row, when your posessions in their grey box are eventually picked up by a member of staff, quite how you are meant to identify yourself as being the owner when nobody can see which tray is selected was quite a joke. As I saw my bag being swabbed without my permission, I fought my way to the front of the throng of people. Collecting my posessions once the tray had been thrown on a counter, I asked if it was not prudent to identify whose bag it was before swabbing it, the individual just turned away with a shrug of the shoulders and no conversation engaged in. As I left the counter and walked into the airside area with the shops, I saw two managers stood ten yards away deep in conversation about something other than work, quite what was the point. The whole search area was a turmoil of queueing passengers who were receiving no directions, explanations or clue as to what was happening. The throughput was pitiful explaining why it took over an hour to move twenty yards. I emailed the DAA to express my disatisfaction, to be blunt, they couldn't care less, their response summed it up nicely. After delays, queues and poor management, the time I was actually at the airport increased to 7 hours, next time travelling by boat is looking like a faster, safer and much more comfortable endeavour.
Date VisitApril 2019

"waiting times unbelievably long"

Not Verified | This airport is complete rubbish. For a country so clean, the airport is filthy and nothing is organized well at all. Many of the workers we dealt with were rude and the waiting times for everything were unbelievably long. All good and drinks were extremely overpriced. This experience ruined our trip to Dublin.

"an average airport"

Trip Verified | Inbound Was surprised by speed of processing at Immigration - arrived on a flight from a Middle Eastern country on a Non EU passport - to find no queue. Wait for baggage was no worse than many airports I have been through. Travelling on an international flight to a country outside the EU and North America. Outbound Check-in was fine but the queue for security was lengthy and slow - seemed the staff were going through the motions and didn't really want to be there. Has to be a close run thing between Dublin (DUB) and Manchester (MAN) for the most officious, obnoxious set of security personnel - still at least I didn't have to have my passport x-rayed at DUB unlike MAN. No problems for me and my wife but the attitude shown by a female member of security staff to a woman travelling with 3 toddlers and a baby's pushchair was disgusting. The woman was doing her best to get organised for the X-ray check but was continually hassled by the member of staff. Nothing special about shops or eateries but limited choice once you reach the departure gates. Overall it's an average airport - been in better and been in worse - and for what it's worth it probably is better than MAN.

"disgusting customer service"

Not Verified | I felt compelled to write a review as I have never been treated so badly at security in all my life. The staff here have disgusting customer service. No manners at all, you are constantly shouted orders in a non conversational format, 1 word if you are lucky and pointed at. How on earth they can justify this I have no idea as the bags are going through a scanner! The person said "who's bag is this!" I explained it was mine in a quizzical manner and she gave me so much abuse I can't list it all. Basically said I needed to explain what was in my bag and have I not been to an airport before. Total abuse of power and shouldn't be working with the general public. Upset and very angry I asked to see a supervisor to which she said I wasn't doing myself any favours by being angry. I felt humiliated by experience. I've travelled a lot and this was the worst experience I've ever had.
Date VisitMarch 2019