Dublin Airport

"inefficient airport and lazy unprofessional staff"

Trip Verified | Visited Ireland for the first time in June. Flew into Dublin and waited 2 hours in line for immigration on arrival in Terminal 1. There were only two windows open, one for EU and one for non-EU. There were also officers in a window for EU, but the officer instead was on her phone for the entire time. Super terrible impression of Ireland and Dublin airport. At the arrival terminal, the staff at the information desk were acting rude and unwilling to help. Upon departure in Terminal 1 at checkin counters, Swissport personnel are terrible and unprofessional. They would stand at the empty counters to do nothing but talk to each other loudly, and not open counter to checkin the long queue of passengers. As a world traveler being in so many countries and airports, what I see here is an inefficient airport and lazy unprofessional staff. This is not how "service" is performed. Super terrible and rude employees, staffs, airline personnel, information desk staffs, police officers, airport employees. Disgusting experience at Dublin airport.
Date VisitJune 2019

"not very user-friendly"

Not Verified | Navigation is very poor and confusing involving far too many lifts. The bus stand was miles from the Terminal and it wasn't very clear how to get to the right terminal. Plenty of others seemed similarly perplexed by it all. Terminal 2 appeared clean and modern but I had no time to relax and enjoy it due to all of the above faffing around. Why Aer Lingus cannot provide terminal details on their app I know not. I arrived over an hour before my flight and only just made it before the gate closed. As with previous visits, Dublin is not very user-friendly or efficient when it comes to travel.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"quite a challenging experience"

Not Verified | Coming home was quite a challenging experience with two different check points with the same requirements, i.e. take off shoes, no metal or coin, see through bags of under 3 oz liquids, etc. This was not the problem I am responding to. There was a young woman in her 20's who was so angry and treated everyone badly by shouting orders. This was not necessary and this young woman needs to be skilled in her anger management as she has a position where she is with the public from all over the world. Ireland doesn't need to be left with a bad taste in her mouth because of a young woman who clearly needs some help. I probably don't need to know her name. She was just as unpleasant with the other employees who were scanning. It was almost as if she just got promoted and didni't know how to handle her position. She definitely needs an attitude adjustment. Not a good message from the Irish which I know to be kind and helpful.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"can’t sit down to put their shoes on"

Not Verified | Which genius decided that it was a good idea not to have any seats for people to sit and put their shoes on after being asked to remove them at security. 100 percent okay with being asked to remove my shoes. Totally not okay that elderly people in particular can’t sit down to put their shoes on. Is it okay for people who are 70 plus have to sit on the floor. Only airport I have ever seen this.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"so rude, unhelpful and disrespectful"

Trip Verified | The security were so rude, unhelpful and disrespectful. The supervisor was worse! They didn’t inform me how to use the red trays for my husbands medical cream that wouldn’t fit in the ting bags. Horrible!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"I am leaving this country not happy"

Trip Verified | I arrived to Dublin and spent a week here and in Galway. The city is clean and the people were so friendly. I traveled with Air Lingus! I never had a bad experience in this city until I went through pre-customs. I admitted I had purchased two pieces of fruit in the airport and he told me I had to throw them away. I threw them out without question. I returned to him repeatedly telling me I was a child and I acted like someone had died. He just kept on insulting me. I hope he does not like that with everyone. I am leaving this country not happy. Every employee should treat their customers with kindness. I hope actions are taken into affect for his rudeness.

"Frankly, nil point"

Trip Verified | How in God’s name can a terminal that sees thousands of passengers go through it daily have 6 sockets to charge iPhones - its a joke - maybe some clever manager with a budget can build one’s beside the seats. Frankly, nil point.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"could have been handled much better"

Not Verified | I loved my visit to Ireland and was very much looking forward to go back. However, now my perception changed once I was rudely encountered by an airport security officer (TSA). My liquids were all under the acceptable amount and I have never had this problem before. I had my liquids out but apparently, medicine counts as part of the acceptable amount of liquids. My bags were taken and searched because they had too many “of the approved size” liquids in them. The security man told me that “he is not a chemist but he knows that medicine is a liquid and counts as a liquid” making me choose between throwing it away or my makeup away. Mascara, contacts in packets, makeup wipes apparently counted as liquids and even though under 3.5oz must be thrown away. They took my small clear bag away and pulled out there own and barely filled it up. When I was able to fit more he pulled it out and said I was not allowed to “stretch” the bag. It has to easily close. He opened up my makeup kit and went searching through everything pulling things out. He said this is how Ireland does it over the states. I have never been so embarrassed and rudely treated having flown several times a year for the last 20 years. Very very disappointing and could have been handled much better than the other rude reply’s as well by the security man. Once through security signs were unclear as to were to go our what gates to go too. When I asked a ticket agent for help he said he wasn’t sure just to find a screen and check myself where my gate is (trouble is I had no idea where to find this screen).

"Very poor experience"

Not Verified | Very poor experience. Security very long and slow with several areas closed and staff stopping to chat amongst themselves seemingly oblivious to passengers and going extremely slow despite massive delay. Toilet facilities dirty and poorly maintained. Change of gate at couple of minutes before flight was meant to have boarded. Overall not a good experience, many passengers and flights passing through, surely can do better!
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"security staff very unhappy"

Trip Verified | Airport security staff seem very unhappy. And as a result, they appear to have a deliberate policy to not help Customers with trays etc. Literally stood with arms folded barking instructions. Felt like a conscious decision to work very slowly as if they have a dispute going and are on an angry, go slow, no service campaign. They were sarcastic and a bit aggressive in Fastrack security this morning. Such a shame as Dublin airport is usually a very positive customer experience and I travel frequently through the airport.