Dublin Airport

"a very nice place to fly to and or from"

Not Verified | Dublin airport is a very nice place to fly to and or from, it is very clean, staff and security are very nice and it is all just a nice experience. Dublin airport has a lot of very nice shops (some expensive) ranging from phones to food and to perfume and I highly suggest going to Dublin airport if possible.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"staff have such bad attitudes"

Not Verified | Awful, staff have such bad attitudes. That is the worst part about the airport, the staff on security are rude and abrasive and in the restaurants and pubs unfriendly and brusque. Long queues for immigration and most of the the time the eu passport gates are closed.
Date VisitAugust 2020

"The system is ill managed"

Trip Verified | My Ryanair aeroplane landed at Dublin Airport Terminal One from Tenerife at circa 23.40pm at night. The walk from the Gate was from the very end of the terminal. The final automated walkway has been removed and makes the walk more arduous than before. The passport control and immigration was a nightmare. The need for a Covid test and having a pre completed arrival form led to massive delays to all passengers. In some cases individual passenger clearance at individual queue station took 20 minutes or more. Issues such as no proof of Covid test, Un-completed pre clearance and forms or whatever. This led to people shifting queues again to little avail. The system is ill managed by the Garda as as a matter of policy problem visitors should be sent to a separate queue to be dealt with and the others allowed to proceed. This would speed up the process whist making those lacking the requisite proof would suffer additional deserved delays. The passport clearance process was frustrating and tiring in the extreme.
Date VisitMay 2021

"Never have I experienced anything like this"

(Malta)

Trip Verified | Terminal 1 security is unprofessional and inefficient. After being treated like cattle through the security lanes my bag was flagged for an electronic device which was a clock I had forgotten inside and so the bag had to be rescanned. This was quite reasonable. However the bag ended up being flagged for the second time round due to another electronic device detected. I offered my assistance as I suspected it was my battery pack but my assistance was ignored. Staff security continued to completely dismantle my bag until it was rescanned together with it's contents. Magically the bag was then declared safe. I challenged the staff to describe what the object that was causing my bag to be flagged was. They described a rectangular object and were unable to identify it any clearer. Quite obviously my battery pack was the culprit which I had offered to take out at the start of this charade. I have been traveling with the same bag/contents weekly through numerous airports around the world for the past 5 years. This Includes Dublin Airport Terminal 2. Never have I experienced anything like this.
Date VisitMarch 2021

"thing is the staff attitude"

Trip Verified | Today I travel from Faro and had to stop in Dublin airport for transfer to a Ryanair flight to Liverpool, during the security checks i had the next problem: i bought some goods from Faro duty free and the cashier add in the system that Dublin is not the final stop and put a seal in both of my bags so i can travel safe with them until Liverpool, which was break by one of the security guy to be checked. First of all, the way he break the bag it s a joke, thinking that i have to walk until gate 119 and stay around in the airport for another 2 hours, i had to carry my luggage and the broken bags somehow. This bags were sealed by an airport operator so they were checked and safe. Second, if this is your policy you should have replacement bags for cases like this. And the last thing is the staff attitude, firstly doing a stupid joke like "are you having a party" (there were traditional Portuguese goods for my friends) and continuing with asking one of his colleagues if she fancy any of my goods from the tray that he checked. This attitude is disgusting and made me feel very bad and angry in the same time, if they are allowed to check my things that doesnt give them the right to decide what to do with them or have this attitude.
Date VisitAugust 2020

"rudeness and arrogance of staff"

Not Verified | I am ashamed to say I am Irish when I use this airport. To think that visitors to this country are met with the rudeness and arrogance of Dublin Airport staff when they arrive to our country is an awful first experience. Terminal 1 is disgusting. It’s old and run down. I travel quite a bit and use the airport on average once a month. It is without fail every time that you meet these DAI arrogant staff. I have only experienced these arrogant rude Unionised staff to have Dublin accents. They shout and speak to people like they are hearding cattle. I’ve seen them rush old people at security, give snide horrible comments to people who are trying to organize themselves at security because they might put something in a tray or not. Some of them look very scruffy and unprofessional. Unfortunately Dublin is the only airport that has direct flights to my destination. If I could use another airport I would. Worst customer service ever. Managment need to cop on and get their finger out. Get rid of these arrogant people and give the jobs to people who want to work. Monitor their staffs behavior.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Dublin airport is now a silent airport"

Not Verified | My wife and 2 small kids missed their flight due to Dublin Airports “silent airport” policy. They arrived well in advance of the advised arrival time for a flight. They checked in their bags and proceeded to the gate an hour ahead of boarding. There were two flights scheduled to depart from the gate. There was a long queue which my wife and kids joined. She stayed patiently in the queue thinking that people in front were queuing for her flight. Only to eventually discover the gate had closed for her flight. They had made no announcement for a final boarding call and no announcement for passengers who had not made it to the gate. My wife was told this was because Dublin airport is now a silent airport. This is in order to make it a more pleasant experience by avoiding noise pollution. My wife and kids were greatly disappointed to miss their only flight to Kviv with no other flight until the day they were due to return. Apart from cost of flights and hotel accommodation lost, my kids were deeply disappointed to miss this big trip for their mid term break.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"the employees went above and beyond to help me find it"

Not Verified | I somehow lost my watch during the security screenings and the employees went above and beyond to help me find it. During a very busy morning, I felt like such an idiot but the attendants were very kind and we eventually found it. Thank you again for being understanding and how easily things can get misplaced. Overall - the entire experience flying in/out of Dublin has been amazing and I look forward to my next trip. Thank you again!
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Security was busy but flawless"

Not Verified | Just flew from Dublin airport. Great experience with good booking in experience. Security was busy but flawless and there was a bit of banter with the security officer when my bag flagged up and he saw I was smuggling tea bags. The airport was busy and we had a lovely meal in harvester restaurant (T2). Everything went like clockwork. Much prefer Dublin to Belfast Int and the 100 mile trip doesnt put me off.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"the worst airport I’ve encountered yet"

Not Verified | Easily the worst airport I’ve encountered yet. As an avid traveler, I have never had such a hard time doing a transfer within one airport. There are mislabeled signs stating that “all transfers” must go a certain way, but then when you reach the check point they send you out to baggage claim the opposite direction (with no bags to claim as it is a transfer). Staff are in no rush and passport control is ridiculous. Like other reviews have mentioned - there is the bare minimum of staff working and more often than not they are sitting on their phones at the desk. I had 2 hours on both transfers and the gates closed behind me twice because of how insane this airport is.
Date VisitDecember 2019