Dublin Airport

"I came away from the security a shaken mess"

Not Verified | I am a well travelled person and I have travelled through many airports in my life but I can honestly say that the security in Dublin airport terminal one is the rudest and most horrid people one could have the displeasure of ever having to meet. It was a kin to meeting the devil himself. Not only were they rude, they were sarcastic, condescending, patronising and they were just pure and utter bullies! I brought a tiny few items that were over the one tiny bag allowance and I was almost physically assaulted for it. I came away from the security a shaken mess and for what? Why? Why are security in Dublin airport allowed to treat people like this? It's an utter disgrace. Then I was told to go into Duty Free to do some shopping and he actually laughed at me. I feel violated, I feel bullied and I feel hated by the security from the country I am from. Then when I did go through Duty Free I didn't see anyone shopping and why? why would you shop in Duty free just so Dublin airport security can take it off you again. Get a grip Ireland and cop on for the love of god!
Date VisitOctober 2021

"no light rail or metro into Dublin"

Trip Verified | Terminal 1 is old, but has been updated fairly frequently. Doesn't show its age to badly. Most of the staff seem to wish they were elsewhere, with a few notable exceptions. It's a ghost town in terms of food and drink after 9. The lounge is closed for the convenience of the staff even earlier. There is no light rail or metro into Dublin, the only capital city in the EU without one. Dublin does not stack up to well against Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Bali or Mumbai. It's fine for what it is.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"total lack of respect for your customers"

Not Verified | It is an absolute disgrace. The smell in the toilets both in departures and arrivals would knock you over. Cleaning is minimal. The carousels in the terminal 1 baggage hall are an accident waiting to happen and measures in social distancing worse than poor. The airport authority business lounge is filthy and badly managed and this is the lounge for most non Irish airlines. It is truly shocking and is worse than ever. It gives every indication they don't care. They complained unceasingly during lockdown by not being open fully due to restrictions, then when they did open it was the fault of everyone except themselves when things went wrong. Senior management at this airport should be ashamed of themselves. The fact that your toilets smell to high heaven and can't be kept clean says a lot about your total lack of respect for your customers.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"a very clean and beautiful airport"

Not Verified | Dublin Airport is a very clean and beautiful airport, but it involves a lot of walking. I needed to request wheelchair assistance and my helper was interesting to speak with, helped prepare me for each step of security and immigration, and got me onto the plane. What a delightful woman!

"security moved quickly"

Not Verified | Travelled through Dublin Airport this afternoon very efficiently. Airport security moved quickly (about 10 minutes) and we’re very helpful to all around. The airport was very clean with staff looking to help at any shop/stall.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"Has become one of the worst airports in Europe"

Trip Verified | Has become one of the worst airports in Europe, in T1 there is terrible food choices, the best option for dinner is Burger King. The security queue is very slow and very disorganised. Passport control is also extremely slow and inefficient. Almost every UK airport has a dedicated gate for Republic of Ireland flights so you don't go through an as strict passport control. Only positive is that the area around the gates has a lot of seating. The airport is extremely expensive, duty free is not worth it, you will find the same goods cheaper in a high street shop.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"One hour to get through security"

Not Verified | One hour to get through security. Surely when DAA are welcoming customers back after such a long time, they could try and get it right. One hour queue at security this morning, pathetic show by DAA. Hundreds of people totally stressed out. They have rightly been crying at the loss of business for past 18 months, and now people are beginning to fly again, couldn't bother to get it right.

"Toilets are filthy"

Not Verified | Toilets are filthy, and most stalls lack toilet paper or locks. All water fountains are closed and covered with bin bags. That is truly unacceptable. Not enough seating next to gates. WiFi doesn't work. Food and shopping are very expensive.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"security staff at departures are extremely rude and abrupt"

Not Verified | The security staff at departures are extremely rude and abrupt, and it is totally unnecessary. There appeared to be plenty of staff on duty, queues were not too long, as not during any rush hour (16.00). It is beyond me how any member of management could deem this sort of attitude of their staff acceptable. The staff in the Marquette bar meanwhile were lovely and the place is lovely and clean. The question below, “would you recommend this airport” seems a bit moot, it’s the main airport in the country.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"Shame on you Dublin airport"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | I have never in my life experienced such rude and arrogant service from an airport. My dad is in a wheelchair and I called in advance to arrange someone to help him get to Amsterdam, since I was flying the next morning to Marseille. I booked a flight the same evening so if something went wrong I could take him to the gate. When we arrived at the check-in (my dads wheelchair was supposed to be checked in and he would receive an airport wheelchair) they did not check in my dads wheelchair. When we arrived at the boarding pass control, they refused to let me in based on my Marseille boarding pass since I was too early (understandable). When I tried to explain, he interrupted me several times saying (and I quote): "Do you have a ticket? oh look, you don't, so you cant enter". Eventually I decided to check in to the evening flight (even though I didn't want to cause a delay because I wasn't going to get on it) and just rest a bit at the sofa lounges after the check-in until my flight to Marseille. However, I wanted to make sure that wasn't going to be a problem the next day so I went to the Ryanair counter. I was helped by a man who didn't have a clue what he was doing saying I had to pay 20 euros extra for a check in (while I was on time), so I went to verify this online. I had to get back in the line again and by the time I was helped again they said I had to pay 55 euros to check in (which is understandable also because by then I was too late for the online check-in). However, this girl was so incredibly rude, laughing in my face because I booked two tickets (which is actually none of her business). First she said that there were no flights to Brussels that day, then she said the flight I was supposed to be on already left at 16u and then she said that I was not on the passenger list of the flight to Brussels (which magically reappeared on her screen I suppose?) All this while laughing and treating me incredibly disrespectfully. I said: Look, I just want to get my dad to the gate, so can you please make sure that he gets the help he needs. Then a colleague interfered saying that 'if I really wanted to help my dad then I would have gone with him on the same flight. Since I was very annoyed by the incredible lack of intelligence of these two women I decided to not respond to that, but I asked if they could make sure that my dad received help from the staff to get to the gate (since he sent me a message he was just waiting there). She responded that she was sure that he would be helped (without bothering to check of course). Eventually I gave up and I told them they were incredibly rude, and they both burst out into laughter. I went away incredibly frustrated, booked a hotel for the night and came back the next morning for my flight to Marseille. I had a good night sleep and I decided to let it go. I was calling with my mother when i arrived at customs, where a security guy told me to hang up my phone (also logical), but when I was saying goodbye to my mother (which was less than 10 seconds I can assure you) he interrupted me saying that I should get off the phone this instant or go back outside! Bottom line of the story, there are so many ways of communicating, and I have never experience such a lack of education from an organization that is supposed to help, not laugh in your face! Shame on you Dublin airport.