Dublin Airport

"have experienced such arrogance and rudeness"

Not Verified | Travelled all over the world and never have experienced such arrogance and rudeness and ignorance as I have at Dublin’s airport security. I was taken aside for a pat-down and while the woman was conducting it (which seemed unnecessarily extensive, I had on no belt and flats and jeans and a sweater), her male colleague was obviously trying to instill fear in me by conversing with her to ask about her “contagious” illness - “so you’re not contagious anymore?” “You couldn’t even walk for a few days could you?” etc as she was patting me down. Insane behavior.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"he denied to give access"

Trip Verified | My daughter & I are Portuguese nationals, my wife is a Brazilian national. We stayed in Dublin for one night to get our connecting flight next to London Gatwick. On upon arrival as family coming from a holiday we stay together as all ways. From this particular airport guide lines are very harsh is that my daughter & hold Portuguese passports and my wife Brazilian passport and the experience we have from other European countries upon arrivals we stay together and we depart together. We at the both with immigration officer in Dublin and I gave my passport, then my daughter afterwards my wife’s when it can to her passport he denied to give access and told my wife to go back to foreign nationals queue and I said we are a family you are going separate the family and it happened. Very sad moment of that experience in a EU country, my country or other EU countries never we experience this. It was a sad moment for daughter worried for her mom.

"so rude and ignorant"

Not Verified | Why are the staff at security in this airport so rude and ignorant? I have traveled the world and have never encountered staff so horrible! They are ill mannered and it’s not necessary! So much for the Irish niceness! These people give Irish people a bad name!
Date VisitJune 2019

"arrogant, rude and generally unpleasant staff"

Not Verified | The most arrogant, rude and generally unpleasant staff I have ever encountered. Security staff's attitude is nothing shy of disgusting and US PreClearance staff are even more horrific.
Date VisitJune 2019

"gate was so far away we were literally running"

Not Verified | My family and I were flying from London to Boston via Dublin (plane change) on Aer Lingus. We landed at 10.00 and were scheduled to depart at 11.30. When we arrived (on time) we were directed by staff to wait in a side area to await ground transport to our connecting flight - although they only pulled six people from plane to connect to another. We waited for about 20 minutes for the transport, and then when we got on, the driver just sat without moving for another 5 minutes until we had to get staff to tell him to go (he was probably confused that there was only six of us). By the time we were driven over, we went through a maze to get to the customs area - up, down, switch back after switch back - like finding bread crumbs. Eventually we ended up in customs (huge line), and our plane had already boarded by now. We had to get someone's attention to pull us to get through. Then the gate was so far away we were literally running - I had to send my family ahead - I was having trouble breathing at that point. The delay caused by trying to assist us went terribly wrong. We were the last passengers on the plane. There is no way I would have predicted 1.5 hours for connecting wouldn't be enough. Then we say just in front of someone who was on our flight from London, and she asked why it took us some long to get there - she wasn't pulled to take ground transport. Low marks for seating, food, and shopping since we never saw any.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"A most pleasant airport"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | A most pleasant airport, very well cleaned, signaled and with well trained employees. A shame though there's no smoking area in terminal 2 and the one that exists in terminal 1 is part of an Irish pub.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Rude and arrogant security"

Not Verified | Rude and arrogant security. Attitude is very bad and their performance has nothing to do about security or our safety. Large egos which distracts from their main task to provide a seamless and efficient passing through scanners and checks. As a frequent flyer I find going through Dublin to be very unpleasant. Not the first time I've run into issues with their security and bad attitudes
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Very rude at security check"

Not Verified | Very rude at security check! Am a frequent traveller and have been through security checks all over the world, as a lady I am not used to being shouted at for no reason at all! If the personnel can't deal with so many customers during the holiday season they should not be working at an international airport!

"Very unprofessional"

Trip Verified | At least two separate check in desks (106 and 108) were rude unhelpful and had the poorest service I have ever encountered at any airport. I had to witness first hand and second hand as passengers were subjected to this behaviour. So you don’t like your job but keep it to yourself. I think we are beyond extra training here. If you don’t like the job, find another. Very unprofessional - SAS and Ryanair.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"feels it's way too small"

Not Verified | Too small. No seats near check in and security checks are very slow. It feels it's way too small for the current number of passender. On the positive side it's easy to reach from the city.