Dubai Airport

Dubai Airport customer review

Three hour wait in Terminal 3 in the early hours of the morning. Terribly crowded with all sorts of shops wanting to get their hands on your cash. If you're looking for something to eat and think you might find some interesting Middle Eastern food forget it - Macdonalds and Starbucks is about it unless you want to spend lots of money on seafood and champagne. Toilet provision is terrible - maybe about two or three sets of facilities per gender all with long queues and water sloshing around the cubicle floors. I suppose you have to endure it in order to take advantage of Emirates flights but it's not an enjoyable experience.

(Kazakhstan)

The new terminal at Dubai is great very modern and easy to find things. The restaurants and bars are a bit on the expensive side but what airport is not. The toilets are clean and the airport did not seem crowded at all. The only problem is the long walk from Terminal three (the new one) to the old terminal. I found the sign posting hard to follow and it is a lot of walking up and down. This would be the drawback for the new terminal as I personally found the old Emirates terminal crowded and unpleasant but this one is much better.

(South Africa)

Travelling through Dubai Airport is in my opinion one of the worst experiences of my life. Long aircraft taxi (10 mins+) followed by a long bus ride to the terminal from what feels like the other end of Dubai long queues extremely unfriendly and arrogant staff and a "shopping mall" departure lounge with too few chairs for passengers. My main gripe however is with the security personnel. I have travelled through numerous airports with my laptop bag including Dubai only the week before. On this occasion I was stopped because my laptop bag had a security cable lock packed in the bag. This was confiscated off me because it was deemed to be dangerous. The security personnel left me feeling like a criminal and wondering if I was going to be chucked into jail for this offence. I have travelled through a number of airports with the same device and have never had it questioned as something that is prohibited onboard as hand luggage. I have also done an extensive search on the internet and did not find one single site where this device has been flagged as prohibited. This is one airport (and Emirates as the airline) that I will be avoiding at all costs from now on.

Dubai Airport customer review

Terminal 1. Arriving from Doha on Qatar Airways at 21.00. Aircraft parked on a remote stand bus took us right to the immigration centre - we didn't have to walk long distances. Immigration busy about 20 desks open and maybe 10 people in each queue but the process was relatively efficient - waited 10-15 minutes. By the time I arrived at luggage reclaim by bag was there. Departure - at the airport at 04.30 for a 06.00 departure. Already checked in online and no queue at Qatar desk. Formalities efficient and a long walk via travelators underground to the departure area. I used the duty free shop - typical choice and prices. I didn't use any other facilities at the airport so I cant comment. Plenty of places to sit and wait.

Dubai Airport customer review

The new T3 is a huge disappoinment. Handling of transfer passengers (big business in DXB!) is awful - the design of the airport just doesn't work at all in this respect. Nowhere near enough toilets - queues even for the gents! Poor signage. Need to get from T3 to T1? Make sure you pack your gym kit. Long walk and not too many travelators to help you. Immigration staff are much slower compared with any other place I have visited. Why put these locals there when they are not prepared to work! Using Emirates our aircraft was still parked miles away from the terminal for which we had to take a long bus journey to terminal. All glitz and glamour as is always the case with Dubai but no substance. First world on the surface third world thinking underneath.

(Qatar)

I transited at DXB twice over the last two months. Every time I was arriving on an Emirates flight and connecting to another carrier's flight (or opposite). The two biggest problems I experienced were a lack of a quick commuting transit system (like the mono rail at HK airport) which allowed me to cross different terminals quickly. Most of the transit desks were not operating and I needed to walk through all to see which one was available. On one occasion I arrived 1.5 hr before my connecting flight was scheduled to depart but the bus journey from parking bay to terminal took me 20min then I had to clear security and walk from T3 to T1 for transit which took me another 20 min. When I arrived at the transit desk at T1 check-in was close and I had to wait for the next flight (another 5 hr wait). This was not a pleasant experience.

(Pakistan)

Terminal 3 is a chaotic situation due to lack of signage and efficient staff at help desks. Usually help desk staff is disappearing. Situation gets even worse during short transit. A floor plan displayed various location may help passengers to locate themselves and fine their way to appropriate gates.

Dubai Airport customer review

Agree with many previous comments. Before T3 was opened Emirates were promising that it would solve all the problems of overcrowding at T1. However this has not proved correct. T3 has been poorly planned particularly as far as facilities are concerned. Nowhere near enough toilets or seats provided and the "open plan" Business lounge is awful and impersonal. If I had a long lay over I would be sorely tempted to head back over to T1. It's also worth noting that EK flights are still regularly landing miles away from the terminal and passengers are still having to be bussed which is a real pain. Whoever was responsible for this hugely disappointing building should not be given similar responsibility again!

(Belgium)

We arrived from FRA then connecting flight to KUL with Emirates (economy). In our opinion Terminal 3 is a mistake. I will be repeating myself with other reviewers. T3 is awfully overcrowded. Basic needs like sufficient number of clean toilets or seating places are not satisfied at all. You have to queue everywhere. We will avoid travelling with Emirates via Dubai at any price. I would recommend the same.

Dubai Airport customer review

Terminal 1. On arrival there was a long long walk to passport control and customs both of which were efficient. On departure check-in was efficient with no lines as was passport control and security. DCA lounge was bland with limited food and drink selections but was quiet. Duty-free was disappointing with limited selections.