Dubai Airport

Dubai Airport customer review

I used to think T1 was a mess (and it was) until now a year into operation T3 is actually worse. The other posts say it all - shopping toilets noise crowding - just generally a very poor experience for passengers who have to use the place - and a bad advertisement for Emirates. The only good thing is that they seem to be bussing fewer flights from remote stands than a year ago but a 2-hour connection is as tight as you'd want to get. I prefer the Emirates Business Lounge in T1 to that awful place in T3. Also Emirates have a bad habit of going from Gate Open to Boarding and onto Final Call - all in the space of 10 minutes some 40 or 50 minutes before scheduled flight departure time - and having passengers all dashing across this very large terminal only to have to wait 20 minutes before they can actually board. I'm sure the architect's sketches of T3 look fantastic - sadly the reality is less so.

Dubai Airport customer review

T3 is shocking - it's a cattle market and is getting worse. Emirates need to get a grip on this quickly. It is the noisiest airport I have recently encountered passenger announcements boom out about 50 times per hour there are no dedicated quiet areas which trust me is a major issue in this hub airport where long stop-overs are common. It is also common to see 30 men queuing to use the toilet facilities if it is this bad for men I dread to think what the Ladies are experiencing. There are no-where near enough seats and I did not see any facilities allocated for families with young children such as a play area. this was not an issue for me but I did see many frustrated parents and tired fidgety children. Emirates will quickly find that people will by-pass using their airline once the reputation of T3 spreads.

Dubai Airport customer review

Terminal 1 excellent nice staff shops good toilets and excellent food and drinks. Terminal 3 looks state of the art but is utterly terrible. Dreadful toilets dire food and drink unless MacD's is your thing. The staff were excellent though.

Dubai Airport customer review

GLA-DXB T3. Overnighted in Dubai under Emirates STPC arrangements. While the queuing times for crossing the border were pretty good the staff were unfriendly. Facilities are quite limited - not even any free Internet terminals like Singapore. Toilet facilities especially atrocious both in terms of location and capacity - with a large number of people needing to queue. Return in transit to GLA from MEL. The transit times at 5-30am were OK (ten minutes for security no passport check required) but it was not helped by Emirates policy of parking aircraft miles (literally) away from the terminal and then bussing us. The concourse (T3-concourse 2) is already too small and another concourse (T3-concourse 3) is being built to its the south-east. Ultimately T3 is like Dubai itself - glitzy but ultimately superficial.

(Malaysia)

T3. Upon arrival we were sardined-packed into busses. And the journey was a very long one which took 10+ mins from aircraft to the terminal. Upon arrival all passengers had to go through a baggage check - with only 2 x-ray scanners - took another 40 mins. So a total of almost 50 mins to get from my aircraft to the building. Once inside I thought I was in an extremely over-crowded supermarket. Toilets could not be found. The only good thing is the economy class lounge with buffet with free wi-fi.

Dubai Airport customer review

Had the "pleasure" to arrive and depart from Dubai terminal 1. My flight was suppose to arrive at terminal 1 but was directed to terminal 3 due to lack of gates. Bags were transferred to terminal 1 which caused chaos among the passengers. There was no info about where to get the bags. Pax were expected to clear customs at terminal 3 take a bus to terminal 1 and get back into the arrival area to collect their bags. It took me almost 2 hrs to get my bags; and I was one of the fist ones to get them. I wonder what happened to the wheelchair bound passengers. Departure from Terminal 1 was utter chaos with rude security officers and endless lines waiting for security and immigration processing. Terminal 1 in Dubai is a disgrace.

(Hong Kong)

Hong Kong to Milan on Emirates via Dubai T3. What an awful airport for transit - took more than an hour to get to the main terminal after touch down. Once inside it was like a jungle. All washrooms had huge line-ups and very filthy. Staff at departure gates were cold and unfriendly. Would I ever transit via Dubai? No way!

Dubai Airport customer review

I am a regular business class traveller on Emirates. I flew to Perth via Dubai recently. On my return journey picking up the London Heathrow connection at 7.45 AM I was apalled to see that Emirates had a very limited number of X- ray machines for passengers in transit. The huge queue resulted in almost missing the flight and certainly very little time to enjoy the business class lounge facilities. This has become a common reoccurance with all of the flights from Asia and Australia arriving at the same time at Emirates dedicated terminal 3. It is only after complaining to the X ray machine operators about our urgent departure for London that we were advised that the dedicated First/business class X ray and body scan machine could have been used. Emirates really need to sort out the huge passenger backlog and security scan issue for passenger in transit or the airport staff must organise the scan more efficiently and quickly. Either way why do we need a further X ray scan whilst this has already occurred at departure point?

(New Zealand)

My family and I have just returned from 3 days in Dubai. We got held on arrival for 4hrs at the airport by customs because my husband had a telescopic lens in his suitcase. It was a very expensive gift given to him and it was confiscated. They just said "not allowed". I have yet to find anywhere that it says it was a banned item! This was not a weapon but somehow they thought it was! No we won't be returning and be very careful on what you take in!

Dubai Airport customer review

I have always been critical of Dubai as a transit passenger because of the rather soulless lounge and the security queue length and lack of priority lane. I was amazed at the dedicated first and business class check in at terminal three - smooth and efficient and security screening was swift and professional. No change with the lounge though.