Dubai Airport

"people lying everywhere"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | I've arrive from Copenhagen and after two days I departed to Warsaw. Both of them Arrival service was located at the end of the airport which was almost 15 mintues from pass control. Due to midnight time all security and luggage control didn't took much time. I was outside the airport in around one hour after landing. My flight back was starting at 8:05 AM so I was at the airport at 3:30AM and dropped my luggage in empty counter. I had to pay for over-sized luggage in separate counter and then I've got a boarding pass. Security control in Dubai is a completely different story. I can't understand why any of cables except laptop and mobile chargers. Due to my profession (network IT), I'm carrying many of the cables in my cabin bag in separate plastic bag (ethernet, USB printer cable, USB-RS232 converters, computer power cable). On my previous flight a lot of them was confiscated and this time I was more clever and put them to checked-in luggage to avoid same action. However due to remaining electronics all stuff was removed from my bag and this takes a lot of time wasted.I really didn't understand why cables cause a problem only in Dubai but they are no problem in any other airport around the world. However when I got finally to terminal I found a hundreds of people lying everywhere around on the floor. Whole airport looks like shelter for homeless people. I found one gate unoccupied and sit ther to use an internet. Connection was quite ok, enough to watch movies but internet disconnect very often, more less each 10-15 minutes was off. Boarding was was very messy. Airport staff didn't divide us to groups so during boarding a lot of people from groups D, E and F was waiting around the gate while they had been stopped during boarding previous groups.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"Very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Arrived in Dubai on time and went down to security which took 15 minutes and proceeded to bus. Noticed on way that gate was already open (if true it was open an hour as the ticket says 4:05). Got on bus which took a very long time as he got caught in some sort of jam at the end. Took at least 30 -40 minutes. Followed signs to a second security check and then checked board to find the gate had closed! Tried to explain this to the rep at the connections desk but she (and the supervisor she supposedly contacted) were adamant that the aircraft had arrived on time and I would have to pay for a new ticket (how is it on time when the gate is already open at 4:05). By my calculations it was physically impossible for me to go from area B to A in the short time the gate was remaining open. At no time did it say on the board that boarding was occurring (not that that would have mattered since I couldn't have gotten there anyway). Setting up a situation where a passenger can't physically make the connection and then making money at his expense is despicable and Dubai/Emirates have lost far more money from me than the 160 euro their scamming staff at Dubai airport swindled me out of. Be careful everyone that you allow at least 3 hours transit time if going through this airport to avoid this scam. Very disappointed at the level this airport has sunk to.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"my biggest disappointment of the year"

Trip Verified | Note: this review is written by a handicapped traveller. This airport is my biggest disappointment of the year. I went there expecting a lot which is the reason of the 6 hour layover. When I went there, only 2 handicapped toilets in the whole of concourse B of therminal 3 and those toilets weren't even that great. I was expecting more not just from the airport but from Dubai. There are also multiple duty free stores that sell the exact same things. The WiFi however was very good.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"efficient police and staff"

Not Verified | Very efficient police and staff. I had lost my phone somewhere and they were able to find it in few minutes. Best security ever! The whole team helped me to locate my phone despite being offline.

"the worst airport"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Dubai airport is the worst airport. The staff are really unprofessional and do not take care of your flights. It's best to avoid connection flights via Dubai. There is no special assistance for senior citizens. No wifi connections available freely. The airport staff considers helping you as a business and every service is paid which in other airports as either complimentary or obvious.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Staff is rude and unprofessional"

Trip Verified | Dubai Terminal 2 is the worst airport. Staff is rude and unprofessional. They even took a set of screwdrivers that were never confiscated at any airport including all other UAE for the past 8 years
Date VisitNovember 2018

"Horrible transit experience"

Trip Verified | Horrible transit experience at Dubai airport! We arrived from our Emirates flight from Oslo on 1 dec 2018 10 mins later and was put on the shuttle bus to our gates. To our horror, the whole journey took more than 1 hour! There were frequent stops, and we had no idea why it stopped because there were no announcements whatsoever on what was happening. Turns out there was bad congestion due to construction work. And I know this only because I asked one of the ground staff when we alighted from the bus. This is horrible customer service. There should be basic decency to at least inform your passengers what was going on! I am thankful we had a 3 hour transit time but I wonder how many passengers would have missed their connecting flight as a result of this delay.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"will not use this airport again"

Trip Verified | I transited twice at this airport in the last couple of months. On the outward journey there were no problems, but on the return the handling by the transit security was atrocious. So slow that several passengers had to scurry around the airport to find an alternative security post in order to avoid missing our connections. Later, when at home I send Emirates airlines a message via their online feedback system. Their response was basically 'we have no control', but both airline and airport have the same owner: the Dubai government. I will not use this airport again.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"airport only meant for shopping"

Not Verified | The busiest fish market in the world. The worst airport only meant for shopping whilst the most poor fundamentals in infrastructure. It's a nightmare to have a transit from this airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"dirty floors and seats"

Not Verified | I was taking a connecting flight from Gate B10 to Hyderabad. Multiple lights in the seating/waiting area keeps on flashing. Not enough laptop power adapters. Dirty floors and seats. I don't think the seats and the flooring area don't get cleaned often. There is a smoking area close to gate B10. Looks like the smoke is leaving the smoking area. I could smell the smoke from the smoking room all the way in Gate B10.
Date VisitSeptember 2018