Dubai Airport

"progressively worse"

Not Verified | I consider this airport to be one of the worst I have ever used. I have travelled for more than 50 years and if all airports were like this one I would have stopped travelling years ago. I have used this airport many times going back 30 years and it has got progressively worse. Staff are unhelpful, security staff are the most ignorant, rude and aggressive people I have ever encountered, these people should realise we pay their wages and act accordingly.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"never go with a tight connection time"

Trip Verified | As my first time flying anywhere I found with only a 1 hour layover it was a struggle to get to C19 for my connection. If it wasn't for almost jogging I wouldn't have made it as I found after asking a staff member I had to get a shuttle bus which seemed to take forever. Then there was a long walk to the gate after I got there I sat in the lounge and they were calling us on to the plane 5 minutes later. I would never go again with such a tight connection time. Would rather have at least 2 hours. I had a much better time on the way back from Australia as my arrival was in the same place as my conection ie I didn't need to get a bus, also I found a smoking lounge so was able to relax with a cigarette or 3, people seem very friendly to me I can't really see any problems.

"What a nightmare"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I arrived in terminal 3 with a connection from T1. What a nightmare, over an hour to get there. It’s not the process that’s a problem, but the appalling signage. I do on average 30 round trips a year so not a novice, and generally I can navigate airports under my own steam, but Dubai defeated me and I had to ask for help 3 times. No idea how the poor laborers cope.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Well run airport"

Not Verified | No idea why this airport gets bad reviews. For example people complaint about screwdrivers being confiscated is quite funny and ridiculous. Well run airport with staff waiting at gate for late connections and fast transfer via train shuttle when needed. Great duty free prices too. Anyone who rates this 2 star should try LHR or God forbid CDG. Only downside I encountered was an information lady giving out wrong info re hotel shuttle to Hampton by Hilton Airport. Told there was not one but there 100% is!
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Somewhat underwhelmed"

Trip Verified | Somewhat underwhelmed. As for duty free, wow, I wouldn't like to see the prices before the duty was taken off!! Supermarkets back home much cheaper. Food and drink an absolute rip off too. No fast food chains in sight, everything geared toward people with money!

"people lying everywhere"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | I've arrive from Copenhagen and after two days I departed to Warsaw. Both of them Arrival service was located at the end of the airport which was almost 15 mintues from pass control. Due to midnight time all security and luggage control didn't took much time. I was outside the airport in around one hour after landing. My flight back was starting at 8:05 AM so I was at the airport at 3:30AM and dropped my luggage in empty counter. I had to pay for over-sized luggage in separate counter and then I've got a boarding pass. Security control in Dubai is a completely different story. I can't understand why any of cables except laptop and mobile chargers. Due to my profession (network IT), I'm carrying many of the cables in my cabin bag in separate plastic bag (ethernet, USB printer cable, USB-RS232 converters, computer power cable). On my previous flight a lot of them was confiscated and this time I was more clever and put them to checked-in luggage to avoid same action. However due to remaining electronics all stuff was removed from my bag and this takes a lot of time wasted.I really didn't understand why cables cause a problem only in Dubai but they are no problem in any other airport around the world. However when I got finally to terminal I found a hundreds of people lying everywhere around on the floor. Whole airport looks like shelter for homeless people. I found one gate unoccupied and sit ther to use an internet. Connection was quite ok, enough to watch movies but internet disconnect very often, more less each 10-15 minutes was off. Boarding was was very messy. Airport staff didn't divide us to groups so during boarding a lot of people from groups D, E and F was waiting around the gate while they had been stopped during boarding previous groups.

"Very disappointed"

Trip Verified | Arrived in Dubai on time and went down to security which took 15 minutes and proceeded to bus. Noticed on way that gate was already open (if true it was open an hour as the ticket says 4:05). Got on bus which took a very long time as he got caught in some sort of jam at the end. Took at least 30 -40 minutes. Followed signs to a second security check and then checked board to find the gate had closed! Tried to explain this to the rep at the connections desk but she (and the supervisor she supposedly contacted) were adamant that the aircraft had arrived on time and I would have to pay for a new ticket (how is it on time when the gate is already open at 4:05). By my calculations it was physically impossible for me to go from area B to A in the short time the gate was remaining open. At no time did it say on the board that boarding was occurring (not that that would have mattered since I couldn't have gotten there anyway). Setting up a situation where a passenger can't physically make the connection and then making money at his expense is despicable and Dubai/Emirates have lost far more money from me than the 160 euro their scamming staff at Dubai airport swindled me out of. Be careful everyone that you allow at least 3 hours transit time if going through this airport to avoid this scam. Very disappointed at the level this airport has sunk to.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"my biggest disappointment of the year"

Trip Verified | Note: this review is written by a handicapped traveller. This airport is my biggest disappointment of the year. I went there expecting a lot which is the reason of the 6 hour layover. When I went there, only 2 handicapped toilets in the whole of concourse B of therminal 3 and those toilets weren't even that great. I was expecting more not just from the airport but from Dubai. There are also multiple duty free stores that sell the exact same things. The WiFi however was very good.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"efficient police and staff"

Not Verified | Very efficient police and staff. I had lost my phone somewhere and they were able to find it in few minutes. Best security ever! The whole team helped me to locate my phone despite being offline.

"the worst airport"

(Finland)

Not Verified | Dubai airport is the worst airport. The staff are really unprofessional and do not take care of your flights. It's best to avoid connection flights via Dubai. There is no special assistance for senior citizens. No wifi connections available freely. The airport staff considers helping you as a business and every service is paid which in other airports as either complimentary or obvious.