Dubai Airport

"This has caused a lot of stress and strain"

Not Verified | Emirates has been my favorite airline for decades. At Dubai airport the departures and arrivals from Chennai are not connected to the gate by aerobridge. The points to note: 1) During these Covid times bus travel is dangerous, since social distancing can not be maintained. This bus travel is not short also. 2) When the flight services have not resumed 100% why operate a gate without aerobridge facility. 3) You walk through Duty Free, buy items that add to hand luggage and alas you find out you have climb the flight of stairs. 4) It is an arduous task for the old and weak people to climb the stairs. Many people do not opt for wheel chair due to the pandemic. This has caused a lot of stress and strain for Chennai bound passengers.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"I still can’t see the front of the queue"

Trip Verified | I’ve had the worst experience of my life today at Dubai airport. Having gotten my Covid tests before leaving which is what I was told to do, I’m now told that I need to get tested again and after two hours of waiting I still can’t see the front of the queue.
Date VisitJuly 2020

"Airport staff have a very unfriendly attitude"

Trip Verified | Large airport with a long time needed for transit between three terminal. Also transit passengers have to undergo a completely unnecessary security screening. After arrival of my A380 only one staff member available for this security screening which led to long waiting queues. Missed nearly my connection flight. In Terminal C hundreds of people sitting on the floor due to lack of seat capacity. Airport staff have a very unfriendly attitude. Dubai wants to be an important hub, but I will avoid this airport in future whenever I can.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"I was so grateful to this driver"

Not Verified | After arriving from London Gatwick and passing through security, I made my way to my flight to Adelaide leaving from gate 30. Just one hour prior to boarding I realised I had left my iPad onthe security conveyer. Panicking I raced back not really knowing if I was going in the right direction and as time was running out I spoke to a driver who was driving a people mover. He very kindly made some phone calls With no luck. Finally he drove me back to security and my iPad was safe and sound with the security personnel. The driver then drove me back to my flight on gate 30 and I made my flight with only a few minutes to go. I was so grateful to this driver and wanted to let you know how kind and helpful he was to me. Thank you to this person who helped me at a very stressful time.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"sign boards are confusing"

Not Verified | Dubai T3 sign boards are confusing, suddenly you can find some gate numbers are missing, if you go to T3 you can see that B8 is missing, between B7 and B9 you have to search for B8, it took almost 30 minutes to find out the gate, when asked the staff were very rude. I have travelled many airports in the world, only in Dubai I found such kind of strange things.

"Shockingly bad experience"

Not Verified | Shockingly bad experience at DXB. It has always been poor - a shopping mall trying to be an airport. However today I landed on BA105 and there was some rain. It is now one hour and 20 mins after landing, I am still in the baggage hall which is ankle deep in water, roofs are collapsing, there is live electrical equipment in puddles and no one can tell us what is going on. In fact there has been absolutely no communication or action by the staff except to protect stock in the shops. There are three dry belts 6-8 but they are not in use. Presumably the plan is to make everyone suffer for not flying Emirates. I have never experienced anything as chaotic as this

"excellent signage"

Not Verified | An excellent transfer between Emirates flights on both outbound and inbound journeys, owing to excellent signage. Great range of shops, but disappointing lack of places to eat at the C Gates due to construction of food court. Ample toilets and seating at boarding gates. Would recommend.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"immigration was done with ease without any issue"

(Pakistan)

Not Verified | I arrived with my family in Dubai on 18th July 2019 and left on 28th July 2019. The Dubai terminal is good, we found it hassle free and on arrival immigration was done with ease without any issue, by the time we were through immigration, our luggage was already on the belt. Arrival was crowded and people were efficiently handled by the staff. Departure was fine and immigration process easy, however my wife was stopped by police official as during screening a duct tape was found in her purse, so very rudely she was shouted to stand aside and then her bag was opened and tape removed. It was a mistake by my wife but attitude of police was harsh, bad and disgusting. No one should be allowed to shout at ladies. Duty free shop at Dubai very expensive, food stuff very expensive, bathrooms dirty and uncleaned. we were lucky that our boarding gate was 15 so we didn't have to walk a long way. Air conditioning and general cleanliness was acceptable and announcement system and flight information display needs a lot of improvement.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"airport experiences was amazing"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Overall Dubai airport experiences was amazing. Futuristic, modern and comfortable for transit. Food was amazing. Staff not that friendly. Value for money for business class passengers.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Terminal 1 is the worst"

Not Verified | Terminal 1 is the worst in DXB. Never going to visit Dubai. The customer service is the worst. It is extremely crowded and too many inexperienced travelers. Doesn't even feel like Dubai. The locals don't even speak proper English.
Date VisitNovember 2019