Dubai Airport

"Shockingly bad experience"

Not Verified | Shockingly bad experience at DXB. It has always been poor - a shopping mall trying to be an airport. However today I landed on BA105 and there was some rain. It is now one hour and 20 mins after landing, I am still in the baggage hall which is ankle deep in water, roofs are collapsing, there is live electrical equipment in puddles and no one can tell us what is going on. In fact there has been absolutely no communication or action by the staff except to protect stock in the shops. There are three dry belts 6-8 but they are not in use. Presumably the plan is to make everyone suffer for not flying Emirates. I have never experienced anything as chaotic as this
Date VisitDecember 2019

"excellent signage"

Not Verified | An excellent transfer between Emirates flights on both outbound and inbound journeys, owing to excellent signage. Great range of shops, but disappointing lack of places to eat at the C Gates due to construction of food court. Ample toilets and seating at boarding gates. Would recommend.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"immigration was done with ease without any issue"

(Pakistan)

Not Verified | I arrived with my family in Dubai on 18th July 2019 and left on 28th July 2019. The Dubai terminal is good, we found it hassle free and on arrival immigration was done with ease without any issue, by the time we were through immigration, our luggage was already on the belt. Arrival was crowded and people were efficiently handled by the staff. Departure was fine and immigration process easy, however my wife was stopped by police official as during screening a duct tape was found in her purse, so very rudely she was shouted to stand aside and then her bag was opened and tape removed. It was a mistake by my wife but attitude of police was harsh, bad and disgusting. No one should be allowed to shout at ladies. Duty free shop at Dubai very expensive, food stuff very expensive, bathrooms dirty and uncleaned. we were lucky that our boarding gate was 15 so we didn't have to walk a long way. Air conditioning and general cleanliness was acceptable and announcement system and flight information display needs a lot of improvement.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"airport experiences was amazing"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Overall Dubai airport experiences was amazing. Futuristic, modern and comfortable for transit. Food was amazing. Staff not that friendly. Value for money for business class passengers.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"Terminal 1 is the worst"

Not Verified | Terminal 1 is the worst in DXB. Never going to visit Dubai. The customer service is the worst. It is extremely crowded and too many inexperienced travelers. Doesn't even feel like Dubai. The locals don't even speak proper English.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"fantastic in my opinion"

Not Verified | I have never had a single major issue with Dubai airport. One time when I arrived late I missed my connecting flight. Emirates had lots of staff waiting with new tickets at the ready, they had even already emailed me and text me my new flight information. I was also given some vouchers to use for food. A lot of people complain about the size of the airport and yes it is huge but if my mum at 70 (a 1st time ever long haul traveler) can find her way around terminal 3 A B and C then anyone can. Just ask someone if lost! All you have to do at the end of the day for most of it is walk in a perfectly straight line from one to the other and were required get a 2 min train journey to or from A then up or down the huge lifts you'd have to be blind to not see and your very nearly done. I have to admit I hate the 1hr turn around times on some flights to/from Sydney leaving very little time for anything to go wrong if its a delayed arrival etc but I tend to not bother with these ones anymore and go with another flight that gives me a good few hours stop. I am very lucky to have been a gold member with Emirates for some years now so I can not complain about anything Dubai has to offer in any of their lounges I am allowed to use - always have been fantastic in my opinion.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"90 minutes to find my gate"

Trip Verified | Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. My trip CGK-DXB-AMS. Arriving from Jakarta on EK357, arrived at 23.00. Aircraft parked at remote stand. Transportation by bus to terminal A. The bus itself is great. After a 15-20minutes bus ride, we arrived at the terminal, I followed sign "connection", went thru security. No queue, smooth. Okay, usually will find out a departing gate for the next flight. Flat screens show connecting flights, guess what? Only Emirates flights are shown on these screens? Nowhere, but really nowhere connecting information can be found about other airlines. Many yellow shirt staff with Information to be seen. I asked where to find KLM gate, answer: traveling to Kuala Lumpur? OMG, my response was that KLM is an airline not a city? My trust in her went from 10 to zero in a second. I approached someone else, she understood my question. Sir, you go to terminal 1. But what terminal am I now? I had to take a train and then a bus to terminal 1. How to find this train? well no signs to be find anywhere. I ended up in B. Asked again where to find the train, take escalator down, and then blah blah blah. Was in B now. Okay, now to find a bus - where? No clue. No sign, wanted to look a tv screens where to find my KLM flight, still no information about non Emirates flights. After asking 4 times to staff where to find the bus service, I got confused. Go against security flow, use staff exit. Huh? Staff exit? Makes no sense. Then found a door for the bus, employee there informed me that bus interval timings is 40 minutes. I had to wait for 15 minutes. This bus trip took me another 15 minutes. Then ended in terminal 1. Security check, again. Long queue, very rude local staff at detector. And finally, tv screens with departing flights of D pier. Long walk to D19. Okay, first entered bus from platform at 23.15, was at my departing gate at 00.45! Took me 90 minutes to find my gate. No time to relax, eat, shop whatsoever. Luckily my transit time was 3 hours. As a very frquent traveler, Dubai is my number one worst experience ever? Dreadful, Emirates first concept, confusing, enormous huge airport. Never again want to be in transit again at Dubai airport. My grade - a big 1 out of 10. Wasting my time

"absolute worst nightmare"

(Iceland)

Not Verified | Absolutely horrible. I have to transit through here for my business travels and I usually go at least 1-2 times a year, both in business and economy classes. I have tried other airports too - Singapore, Doha, Hong Kong etc. Dubai is the absolute worst nightmare for a transit passenger. I have been selected for a not so random "random security check" every single time. This is racial profiling. The security staff are rude, do not answer questions regarding the tests and seem misinformed.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"it is a truly awful airport"

I have "enjoyed" Dubai many times over the last few months and it is a truly awful airport. Access to it or from it by road is really bad, especially at peak times and there is no effective public transport system. Terminal 1 is the non Emirates terminal and is by far the best at Dubai. The issues tend to be that it is a long walk from your gate and you have to use a not very efficient transit to get to arrivals or departures. I arrive very early in the morning and it tends to be efficient in immigration (if you use the e-gates) and on baggage, There is plenty of room outside to get picked up. Departures is a whole different matter - I tend to leave late Thursday and at that point the terminal has de-generated into chaos. No room outside for your car to pull up, hassling porters and complete disrray inside as this is a peak departure time. E gates speed ,you up but the queues at security are horrendous. This airport is mainly about transiting passengers and is designed as such. There are a few decent restaurants and lots of shops but it is a deeply unwelcoming place. Terminal 3 - the main Emirates terminal is horrendous. On arrival the queues can be extremely long, if you arrive out of hours the transit trains take an eternity, the layout when you get off the train for transit versus arriving passengers is unclear and the process to get your bag is arduous. So far so bad, It then gets worse - the queues for taxis are endless, if you have arranged a driver it will take him at least 30 minutes to get out of the terminal parking area On departuer there are all of the same problems of T1 but multiplied by the volume of activity - it is now so bad that I fly to Manchester via Heathrow rather than take the direct fllight as the T1 experinece is so bad. Less focus on shopping and forcing numbers up, and more focus on looking after travellers would not go amiss. The other thing I find astonishing is lack of people to help and really poor customer service - things you don't experience elsewher in Dubai
Date VisitOctober 2019

"a negative way to start our vacation there"

Not Verified | I have always found this airport to work efficiently. Quick pass through customs and out into the carpark. No exception this time but the two ladies that checked our passports did not even acknowledge us as we handed them our passports and said "hello". Certainly quite a negative way to start our vacation there. Bad impression.