Dubai Airport

"airport staff are extremely rude"

Trip Verified | Few airport staff are extremely rude, they almost nullify the good behavior of others. Avoid this airport if you can. I needed to change Terminals, and, was politely asking one of the airport staff, a lady, as to what bus I should take. She was clearly ignoring me by turning her head right and left, and, will not talk to me. I failed to get any response from her despite multiple polite attempts. I ended up walking to another area, and, asked 2 (two) other staff members. They quite rudely pointed me back to the same area. I had no choice but to ask the same lady again, and, this time she simply pointed me to the awaiting bus. I almost felt like this lady did not see me as a human, that I deserve a response from her. I am still at a total loss why a staff of the airport would do that? What kind of hiring practice can grant such a person a customer service job?
Date VisitJuly 2022

"Overall though good airport"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Nice airport. Extremely big, nice looking. With how big the airport is it is nice because there is plenty of space for different amenities, but also traveling from one terminal to another is a bit of a pain, but still overall well done. Plenty of seating and things to buy. The main issue i have are the bathrooms could be cleaner. Overall though good airport.

"Very, very rude staff"

Trip Verified | Very, very rude staff. Specially emigration process staff behaviour was very bad. Very disappointed with this.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"The restaurants are chaotic, not many seats to sit on to eat"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | This review is for Terminal 2 departure. The only good thing I would give props to when it comes to this airport is the very minimal walking distance from the check-in counters to the boarding gates which is effortless. Other than that, I really don’t like this one. The restaurants are chaotic, not many seats to sit on to eat, the toilets are super dirty and smelly. The staff were great and tried their best to organize the passengers and for god’s sake can you please stop with the buses and build boarding bridges already?
Date VisitJuly 2022

"Avoid the Marhaba lounge services"

Not Verified | Avoid the Marhaba lounge services. Dirty, upright uncomfortable chairs. There are only 5/6 recliners in total. Food is mediocre. Its open air too so very noisy. Showers are not included in the price. We paid 93GBP and felt completely ripped off. I complained to marhabi and was told the dirt was result of us arriving at a busy time. Food in the main concourse is cheaper/better and the recliners in the airport are more comfortable and you have a better chance of getting one.
Date VisitApril 2022

"the worst in the business"

Trip Verified | Dubai airport and Emirates terminal is the worst in the business. Inefficiency is appalling and queue management is terrible. People who come 3 hours early to check in for their flight are being penalised because people who are way behind us in the queue gets called forward for their flight even though they arrived late to the airport. So next time we should just come 1 hour to the airport for check-in so that I can just cut the whole queue. Where is the fairness in this? Service from airport and Emirates staff is terrible too. No service at all and no sense of urgency. Dubai should be embarrassed by their airport and airlines.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"The staff is so rude"

Trip Verified | I have been traveling since I was 6 or so. I loved Emirates and the airport. Last time I travelled was a few days ago after 5 years. Dubai airport has become the world's worst airport. The way they treat you, so rude. No customer service. Look down on you. No respect at all. They will not smile even if you do. The staff is so rude. Never going again. Qatar is on my list. Had positive experience before. Will try again.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"No Drinking water station at terminal 2"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | No Drinking water station at terminal 2, F gates. Basic necessities are not fulfilled, just to quench thirst of bottling companies.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"choose a different country for sure"

Not Verified | Worst experience at an airport by far. The day we land, the man who checked us in through customs. First took my picture, gave me my things back everyone else’s was getting done next, then he rudely asks me to take my contacts out. Now one thing I’m not, is dumb. We have been flying for over 10 hours, touching things, and are exhausted. I politely ask why, and he proceeds to say, because he can not tell that it is me. First of all, you’re lying the camera is called face recognition, whether I have my contacts or glasses on. As I politely told him, my hands not only are dirty, but I have no way of taking them out while in a line with no contact solution. As he proceeds to try to degrade me, laughing with his workers and speaking in Arabic, he then tells me with a smirk, well then you can “go” as in get back on the plane and return to my country. That’s not the best experience we had. It gets better. As it’s now time to leave Dubai, we were NOW told our Covid tests weren’t valid, and to return to the states it has to be within 24 hours, not 72 hours….oh how lovely. Now we have to pay again for a Covid test, and when we all proceed to get our Covid tests, they called all of our names wrong, some by our last name. Some by their middle names, and or just whatever they wanted. The man who did my mothers tests, calls out our last name - gives her, the paper and passport. We all proceed to walk off. However the mistake we made was not confirm what they handed us was correct. We get to the gate, and my mothers passport was wrong, it was another woman with the same ethnicity, and had a last name very similar to ours. Her last name was Just longer but contained our last name in hers. Now we are pressing for time. My mom gets back to the testing site and the man rudely tells my mother “ I told you to check”. Now correct me if I am wrong, but as a NURSE and or someone who works in the medical field, aren’t you also the one whom is to correct and or make sure information given is correct? Then the woman who’s passport was given incorrectly too my mother was about to put an alert out, stating my mom stole it. This just was a trip from hell. How can someone steal something that can’t just be picked up, by anyone. It has to manually be handed to you, by a worker of the airport assigned to the Covid testing areas. If anyone was to ask me my experience, and or would I be back. I would kindly tell others choose a different country for sure.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"covid procedures are horrendous here"

Trip Verified | New covid procedures are horrendous here. Checking PCR printouts prior to boarding the train, causing huge bottleneck with pushing in and no social distancing. 10-15m walk to the covid testing area, in huge crowds to get to really long queue for covid testing. No staff to control the crowds with many pushing in, and no care for the family /elderly line. It was really sad to see. Both the PCR check and PCR test create super spreader events where covid will transmit to a huge amount of people very easily.
Date VisitJanuary 2022