Dubai Airport

"covid procedures are horrendous here"

Trip Verified | New covid procedures are horrendous here. Checking PCR printouts prior to boarding the train, causing huge bottleneck with pushing in and no social distancing. 10-15m walk to the covid testing area, in huge crowds to get to really long queue for covid testing. No staff to control the crowds with many pushing in, and no care for the family /elderly line. It was really sad to see. Both the PCR check and PCR test create super spreader events where covid will transmit to a huge amount of people very easily.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"this process is ridiculous"

Trip Verified | New covid testing process in terminal one is the worst! To start they check the PCR test documents before entering the train service, causing a huge bottleneck with no social distancing and 100% doing more damage than good! PCR checks were done to board the plane, so this process is ridiculous. After the train then, you need to walk ~100-200m to the covid testing area. Huge queues, under staffed with people pushing in throughout and no real care or control, especially over then family/elderly queue where there are many single men there. Both the PCR check and covid queue are super spreader environments, where if one person were to have covid, then it would spread to 100’s.
Date VisitJanuary 2022

"we had to wait for the second driver"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | I had a 2 hour connection time between Mumbai/Dubai and Dubai/Bologna. We landed on time and the bus to the terminal arrived 40 min later! Then, running I reached the connection between terminal 1 and 3 where I needed to go for my flight, and the bus arrived 20 min later! Then when the bus arrived, we had to wait for the second driver because the first had finished work and we lost another 20 min. I am young enough to run, but this is really costing others their connection flight! This is not possible for an international airport.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"provided all information for my querie"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | I got a great experience from terminal 2, I was traveling with my small kid so it was hard to manage my baggage. One customer service staff helped me very kindly, she carried my baggage from screening to gates and provided all information for my queries.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"Staff were pretty unfriendly"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Pretty bad check-in and baggage drop experience at DXB airport. Waiting time more than 1.5 hours at 6.00 in the morning. Staff were pretty unfriendly and very hard to understand. Prices for food and drinks are very high, unfortunately. Nevertheless arrival at DXB airport was good, nothing bad at all.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"Long walks from airplane to connection"

Trip Verified | Overly flashy airport with too much gold display. Overly priced restaurant with very limited options. Long walks from airplane to connection area without even one trolley! Definitely not the first choice of transit in future. Transited several times here. All were quite disappointed
Date VisitApril 2021

"avoid Dubai Airport in future"

(Zimbabwe)

Trip Verified | Staff at Dubai Airport is forcing passengers in transit to retest for Covid. All counties have some requirement of hours that you should undertake Covid Test before taking your first flight. This time limit is related to your first flight and not your arrival at the destination. Dubai airport staff force you to retake Covid Test citing wrong calculation of hours as they calculate it from the time you had your test to the time of arrival at destination. Resultantly you miss your flight. I missed my Kuwait Airlines flight. I know of others also who were forced to undertake Covid Test at Dubai Airport unnecessarily. I request the concerned authorities to please intervene and ask them not to cause this trouble to passengers in transit. Principally speaking, it is the airport where you board your first flight that should check your Covid Test against the requirement of destination country, and not the transit airport. What if in transit, Covid result of a passenger is positive. What will they do? Send him back? Retain him for treatment? Still allow him to proceed? I am stressed that I have to pass through Dubai airport again on my return travel, but I will definitely try and avoid Dubai Airport in future.
Date VisitNovember 2020

"This has caused a lot of stress and strain"

Not Verified | Emirates has been my favorite airline for decades. At Dubai airport the departures and arrivals from Chennai are not connected to the gate by aerobridge. The points to note: 1) During these Covid times bus travel is dangerous, since social distancing can not be maintained. This bus travel is not short also. 2) When the flight services have not resumed 100% why operate a gate without aerobridge facility. 3) You walk through Duty Free, buy items that add to hand luggage and alas you find out you have climb the flight of stairs. 4) It is an arduous task for the old and weak people to climb the stairs. Many people do not opt for wheel chair due to the pandemic. This has caused a lot of stress and strain for Chennai bound passengers.
Date VisitOctober 2020

"I still can’t see the front of the queue"

Trip Verified | I’ve had the worst experience of my life today at Dubai airport. Having gotten my Covid tests before leaving which is what I was told to do, I’m now told that I need to get tested again and after two hours of waiting I still can’t see the front of the queue.
Date VisitJuly 2020

"Airport staff have a very unfriendly attitude"

Trip Verified | Large airport with a long time needed for transit between three terminal. Also transit passengers have to undergo a completely unnecessary security screening. After arrival of my A380 only one staff member available for this security screening which led to long waiting queues. Missed nearly my connection flight. In Terminal C hundreds of people sitting on the floor due to lack of seat capacity. Airport staff have a very unfriendly attitude. Dubai wants to be an important hub, but I will avoid this airport in future whenever I can.
Date VisitFebruary 2020