Dubai Airport

"can't find any good directions"

Trip Verified | Worst airport I have ever been. (And I have been to quite a few airports and even worked at Amsterdam airport for years!) Arrived with an Emirates flight from Manila. Had a connecting flight to Amsterdam with KLM. Followed sign connecting flights, went through security check and after that followed signs all departing flights. Could not find my flight number on the monitor. Asked help. Got wrong directions from airport workers. Ended up in the wrong terminal. Had to go terminal 1. Nowhere were there any signs of how to get there. Someone guided me to the bus. Spoke with a few people on the bus that had same issue as me: You can't find any good directions in this airport. Finally after running around and asking for directions to many airport staff I arrived at the gate. Luckily the flight was delayed so I still made it.
Date VisitJune 2019

"totally soulless airport"

Trip Verified | A modern, efficient, clean and antiseptic and totally soulless airport! Had 2 transits during May and that's the best way I can describe it - Manchester is a 3rd world airport but at least it has character, or is that down to the clientele using the airport? The Emiratis want you to spend money so there's plenty of high class shopping and food and beverage outlets. My biggest gripe is the lack of showers - OK there are some free showers but you need your own towel and who carries them in hand luggage? Yep, there's showers in the various airline lounges but as an economy class non "gold card" holder I'm not forking out mega dollars for entry to an "executive lounge" for a 10 min shower.
Date VisitMay 2019

"One of the worst airports"

Trip Verified | One of the worst airports I have ever seen. Tight timings for transit is impossible and security staff are very rude. I missed my connecting flight on onward journey and caught return flight during last minute. They just call people multiple times to go through metal detector even though people don't carry anything. I am threatened to deboard because of questioning the delay. Most unfriendly dubai security !!!
Date VisitMay 2019

"very customer unfriendly"

Trip Verified | Large, sprawling and very customer unfriendly. Like most thongs in Dubai, they have worked on biggest is best, and not an ounce of quality or class is featured in what they produce. Shops focus on sweets, tobacco and alcohol and are seething and unpleasant. F&B choices are fairly low standard, presumably because it is the budget / low cost travel market that Emirates targets. Miles and miles of walking, queues can be appalling and majority of staff are just rude. If you want a pleasant mid-east transfer, opt for Doha Airport which is truly miles better and has a bit of style, or even the smaller new Muscat Airport. I for one won't be back, but like everything else in Dubai, they couldn't care less.
Date VisitApril 2019

"airport signs are misleading"

Trip Verified | A very large but equally horrible airport. Staff at the airport are rude and quite unhelpful. The airport signs are misleading and if your transit time is about 2 - 2.5 hours then you'll be forever rushing to make it to your next flight.

"huge and confusing"

Not Verified | Dubai airport is huge and confusing. Nice and clean. We used Marhaba transfer services both ways and the Marhaba lounge on the return. If we had not done, we would have missed the connection outward as we only had 2 hours. They found us straight away on arrivals/2 minutes after leaving the plane and took us calmly to a different terminal for our connection, even using a golf buggy car as we were slow walkers! We were fast-tracked through all queues. I would also recommend the Marhaba lounge as it is good value and a nice place to sit and relax and eat. Marhaba have 6 lounges and they take you to the one closest to your departure gate.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Dubai Airport is mind blowing"

Trip Verified | Dubai Airport is mind blowing. It is an great experience flying from there however it may be confusing. The terminals are connected by train so you have to follow carefully all the signs. Food at the airport is amazing, it features a big food court like in a mall. Duty free shops sell everything you might want to buy. Seating is available, also there a special zones where you can rest.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"the signage was appalling"

Not Verified | I have recently had the misfortune to use this airport for a trip to Dubai. On arrival at T3 the signage was appalling and it was necessary to take a train to the main terminal. There was a long wait and no indication of when the train would arrive until it was almost there. This was followed by a very long wait for the luggage and yet more poor signage. When travelling home I found the departures lounge to be lacking in food outlets suitable for anything more than a snack. Why can’t Wetherspoons open there?! The Emirates plane was an hour and a half late leaving, due, partly to awaiting a connecting flight and then a lengthy wait to get to the runway and take off. Why, with all the space available, are there just 2 runways at such a busy airport and why was only one in use on 3/3/19? Heathrow is far more efficient with just two runways and, unlike Dubai, it has very limited options to increase this. All in all a very futuristic looking airport with a good Metro link but with numerous downsides.

"progressively worse"

Not Verified | I consider this airport to be one of the worst I have ever used. I have travelled for more than 50 years and if all airports were like this one I would have stopped travelling years ago. I have used this airport many times going back 30 years and it has got progressively worse. Staff are unhelpful, security staff are the most ignorant, rude and aggressive people I have ever encountered, these people should realise we pay their wages and act accordingly.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"never go with a tight connection time"

Trip Verified | As my first time flying anywhere I found with only a 1 hour layover it was a struggle to get to C19 for my connection. If it wasn't for almost jogging I wouldn't have made it as I found after asking a staff member I had to get a shuttle bus which seemed to take forever. Then there was a long walk to the gate after I got there I sat in the lounge and they were calling us on to the plane 5 minutes later. I would never go again with such a tight connection time. Would rather have at least 2 hours. I had a much better time on the way back from Australia as my arrival was in the same place as my conection ie I didn't need to get a bus, also I found a smoking lounge so was able to relax with a cigarette or 3, people seem very friendly to me I can't really see any problems.
Date VisitDecember 2018