Dhaka Airport

"it is a mismanaged airport"

Not Verified | I arrived at the airport 10 years later from Australia with my wife. My wife is a foreign national and the immigration officer took a long time to process her even though she had a valid visa. In fact, for every person in front of us, it took an average of 10 minutes for processing. She was asked the all same questions all over again which she had already answered when applying for the visa. I was behind her in the queue waiting for my turn but approached the desk to see what was going on. The immigration officer asked me if I was a Bangladeshi and I said yes. Then he very rudely said why I was not talking, and it was taking long. I have been to many other countries and was never rudely spoken to like that. Very unprofessional. Immigration officers are the face of a country. I hope the management can replace these unprofessional people with more articulate people who can converse properly in English. After getting out of immigration, we had issues finding a trolley. During the departure, we had issues with trolley again. And the queues were also very long. Overall, it is a mismanaged airport.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"always crowded and poorly managed"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | This airport is always crowded and poorly managed as usual. Not too clean airport though toilets inside the terminal are truly cleaned. In the entrance for departure is horrible, no queue, no discipline. Currency exchange rate is much better in this airport than any other international airports. The shops inside this airport are cheaper than any other airports. Inefficient immigration officers are there. For wifi a local mobile number is required.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Immigration officers are inefficient"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Dhaka airport is always crowded with mismanagement. Immigration officers are inefficient. It took 2 hours to get my luggage from the conveyor belt. No seating arrangements in arrivals terminal. There was a long queue for customs as well. A lot of improvement is required.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"It is always crowded"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | It is my home town airport. It is always crowded. I use this airport several times each year. It is a not too clean airport though toilets inside the terminal are truly cleaned. Currency exchange rate is much better in this airport than any other international airports. The shops inside this airport are cheaper than any other airports though these are expensive than other shops of Bangladesh. Immigration officers/police are really bad in delivering services. Customs is also very bad. Overall the airport is not so good.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"It is always crowded"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | It is my home town airport. It is always crowded. I use this airport several times each year. It is not too clean airport though toilets inside the terminal are truly cleaned. Currency exchange rate is much better in this airport than any other international airports. The shops inside this airport are cheaper than any other airports though these are expensive than other shops of Bangladesh. Immigration officers/police are really bad in delivering services. Customs is also very bad. Overall the airport is not so good.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"this practice needs to be stopped"

Trip Verified | I arrived at this airport in the mid-morning. Immigration was relatively easy and there was no form filling. I already had a visa obtained in London and so I sailed through immigration. My bag arrived on time and I walked through the Customs green gate. I was to be met on arrival but the young guy who greeted me turned out to be a "helper", meaning that he expected a tip to take me outside the airport and call the driver. He was wearing a blue uniform. In the time waiting for the driver, I managed to get money out of an ATM with my helper's help. The cost to me was $4 as a tip which I do not resent but this practice needs to be stopped.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"I did not have any trouble"

Not Verified | The negative reviews of this airport have been highly exaggerated. Bangladesh is a third world country, so no, it's not quite up to the standards one would expect from a big international airport - but it's really completely fine. I did not have any trouble getting through immigration or customs and didn't have to pay any bribes nor was I ever approached by someone who attempted to bribe me. The Bangladeshi people are the best part of Bangladesh and that's true of the airport as well - at least from the perspective of an English speaker. Many of the staff speak English, and were all polite, friendly, and welcoming. The airport was reasonably clean, and there were a few bugs (though it's not infested by any means). There's plenty of space. It can get a little hot though, as it is poorly air-conditioned - but it's not any worse than any other airport in other poor countries. Once you are out of the "official" airport you do need to be careful because there are some scammers (mostly unaffiliated with the airport) running around who will try to get you to put your bags on their carts and then charge you exorbitant fees to get your bags back. As usual when travelling to a place with a lot of poverty, don't engage with these people and you will be fine.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"do not communicate with each other"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | We landed at 1630, had to wait at the visa at arrival desk for 3 hours, a lot of that time was wasted because the airport staff and immigration officials do not communicate with each other. We had to explain our situation 10 times over to every person that came along. There is no system, nothing is computerised, lots of officials came with similar forms, and we had to handwrite them. We didn't know what was happening and why we were waiting so long, as no one explained anything. Also hardly any immigration officers spoke decent English, that is unacceptable for an international airport.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"airport is clean"

(Bangladesh)

Not Verified | Good. The sky lounge is very satisfying. The airport is clean. If want to buy things from the airport then there are many shops after and before the immigration.
Date VisitOctober 2017

"functional and hassle free"

Not Verified | Airport looks and feels shabby but is otherwise functional and hassle free. Lots of people around. On arrival, the flight was met by a bus for a short ride to the terminal. Visa on arrival facility was straight forward with minimal paperwork. Evidence of hotel reservation was needed. The counter for visa on arrival is separate from the other immigration counters and is clearly marked. I had no checked luggage and thus cannot comment on the efficiency of the baggage system. Had arranged for a hotel pickup and there was a person with a sign waiting. On departure, I obtained my boarding pass from the airline desk and went through immigration with a card that had to be filled out. Security check was simple. Once through there are a large number of shops selling liquor and local handicrafts as well as a number of eating places. Ample sitting space. I used a bathroom. It was clean. Departure was through a jet bridge. The "free" wi-fi was impossible to access, my iPhone could not connect. I was fearing a negative experience at this airport, instead it turned out to be a normal airport to travel through.
Date VisitMarch 2018