Denver Airport

"this airport leaves a lot to be desired"

Not Verified | Like the previous reviews, this airport leaves a lot to be desired. My biggest frustration is the train that runs between terminals. At night the airport decides to run the trains on a significantly reduced schedule regardless of how many passengers are waiting for it. I’ve seen 20 minutes between trains, with the waiting area so packed that only half of the people can board the 1st train, so they have to wait another 20 minutes. The folks in charge of the measily savings this provides should be immediately terminated for their complete disregard for customer service.

"mile-long security line"

Not Verified | This airport is a giant heap of disorganized garbage. There should be a sign or some sort of notice that if you accidentally take the train to baggage claim instead of the gates, then you will be forced to go through the mile-long security line again. Ask an employee where to find something and they'll send you to a wrong area where someone will yell at you and act like you're an idiot for not knowing this place inside and out on your first visit. Our flight was canceled and there was no comfortable place for my daughter or I to lay down and rest there during our 25 hours (every hotel and motel was booked solid). Horrible layout, inefficient service, and incompetent employees. Will never ever fly into or out of this airport again - Colorado Springs is worth the extra money.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"this airport continues to go downhill"

Not Verified | I have lived in Colorado for 44 years and will say this airport continues to go downhill. It is a zoo, flight delays are not uncommon, TSA is in absolutely no rush ever and baggage is the slowest of all the airports I have traveled in the past two years even when your flight is hours late arriving. It is sad and there is really no excuse with the taxes we pay.
Date VisitJune 2019

"had no room to enter stall and close door"

Trip Verified | I am traveling with my handicapped daughter from CA to Virginia. We had a layover in Denver that became an overnight stay due to weather. I am reviewing the handicap stall in the bathroom by the United Airlines terminal. My daughter uses a wheelchair and had no room to enter stall and close door. If I was not there she would of had to leave the door open. The airport needs to address the stall. Also there should be an additional stall as one is inadequate.
Date VisitJune 2019

"restrooms are the dirtiest"

Not Verified | I travel to Denver airport at least every three months: the restrooms throughout the airport are the dirtiest and have the most malfunctioning toilets I have ever run across in my travels to other airports. It is consistent- there is no excuse.
Date VisitJune 2019

"We loved the cleanliness"

Not Verified | We loved the cleanliness, really fun stuff, modernized design, was a lot of natural light with the large windows, lots of cool shops (they were actually quite cheap) and amazing restaurants, construction was noisy, trash on gate seats (not the airports fault)
Date VisitMay 2019

"rarely any delays"

Not Verified | DIA (Denver International Airport) is an amazing airport. It is clean, modern, and efficient. Also, Parking is easy (most of the time) and rarely any delays.
Date VisitMay 2019

"disgraceful lack of customer service"

(Cayman Islands)

Trip Verified | I’m still sitting here in this airport shaking and in tears waiting for my flight, after being treated like a jail inmate by the TSA staff. I am flying urgently to see my daughter who has been taken into hospital so I was already feeling anxious. The guy who checks passports was sat in his chair, morbidly obese, yelling at people in the line (it was 5.30am so not busy). Leaving people totally flustured. The lady standing by the scanners gave me a humiliating telling off for simply saying “excuse me, do I need to take my boots off for the scanner?”. Apparently I was “interrupting her”. A disgraceful lack of customer service and professionalism. I’m terrified to come back to this airport again.
Date VisitApril 2019

"experience so gross"

Not Verified | I do not remember flying into Denver and the experience be so gross! The bathrooms, the floors, the chairs! I don't know what happened, but Denver cut back on expenses and it shows through their hiring! The staff that works there are, I'm sorry to say, but the same customer service level as McDonald's! Maybe if they paid better, they would receive higher standards of employees. I watched a woman cleaning the floor with a dust pan bucket and broom, leisurley passing trash and picking up just some as my 8 month old b-lined it for old food, cups, etc. on a 5 hour layover. The bathrooms reminded me of truck stops, and the chairs smelled of - God only knows. They had holes and tears and rips across them as if the whole airport is falling apart and they are unable to afford maintenance. I will connect through Salt Lake City from now on. The train system works well, and the restaurants seemed fine.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"awful experience"

Not Verified | Horrible experience at Denver airport. I’m going to avoid going to Denver at all costs after this awful experience! I’m in the third trimester of my pregnancy and had the absolute worst experience. I got to the airport about an hour and a half before my flight departed and I found an extremely long line that you would have thought there was still a govt shutdown. This was on both sides of the airport. I was really worried about missing my flight after seeing the line but more importantly about waiting too long in line given my pregnancy, but the TSA person assisting on the line told me it would be no more than 20 mins. It took over an hour to go through and when I asked agents to assist me given my late pregnancy state, they kept telling me there was nothing they could do and I would have to wait in line. I missed my flight after having to run through the airport and had to deal with hyper ventilation at the closed gate where my flight was departing from. What a nightmare of an experience! Are these people human beings! Do they have any empathy?
Date VisitFebruary 2019