Denver Airport

"TSA acting like demi-gods"

Not Verified | My wife and I live in the Denver area so we are forced to use this airport, we both have TSA PreCheck. I'd highly recommend getting here at least 3 hours before your flight, even if it is at 6AM. This last time we had a 6AM flight and when we got to PreCheck we were treated as normal flyers, had to remove belts, shoes, glasses, hearing aids, empty pockets of everything. TSA agents acting like demi-gods, screaming and yelling. We travel internationally and have never experienced the ineptitude, rudeness and callousness of such people in other countries. Wife and I have decided to drive to Vancouver next time we travel overseas.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"avoid this airport in the future"

Not Verified | I will pay extra to avoid this airport in the future, international and domestic. Arrived on a packed flight from Frankfurt, Germany. Passengers were limited to the use of two computers for mandatory self processing (scan passport, take your photo, declaration questions...) at the first check point. I heard an agent say this was to slow down people getting to the next backed up line at the customs counter. An efficient agent should have announced those needing to make a connecting flight have priority, and then got them to the front of both lines. The customs backlog created bags lying around baggage claim. Self absorbed and rude staff in that area were too busy talking with coworkers to answer my desperate need for directions; a body scanner was down when I finally reached the congested security check point for my next flight. A lot of staff standing around instead of reloading needed trays. Never saw one cart and driver, so had to run to final destination. Again, an efficient manager could have projected the need to have carts and drivers available to assist those of us trying to make connecting flights. Yes, signage is lacking or poorly done; yes, too many staff are without basic customer service skills, lack creative problem solving skills, and take no initiative. Denver airport needs an intervention.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Mass confusion"

Not Verified | Mass confusion in airport because of weather delays. Staff not handling situations well. Many plugs not working. Birds flying all over and dive bombing people! Lack of information regarding flights Trying to get home to dying father and I am stuck here for 6 hours
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"poor customer service"

Not Verified | Complicated, confusing, and exhausting, poor customer service. My luggage was misrouted, multiple staff gave me bad advice and misdirected me, I had to run from gate 38 to 13, then missed a flight because I didn’t have time to get there.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"Absolutely dreadful"

Not Verified | I agree with all the reviews below. Absolutely dreadful! It is hard to bring me to tears but this airport did it. The frustration of signage, untrained staff, security issues. I left my coat as I was helping an elderly man with his cane. To go back to where I left it, South security, took over an hour to find anything with the signage. My arrival a week before was confusing. Baggage signs, go upstairs? Who has baggage upstairs? Which terminal, East or West? I got asked that for 2 pickups and nowhere does it say East or West. The hotel transport lady finally asked what color signs I as looking at. Nowhere does it say you will be taking a train to baggage. I went on an escalator and was by myself in a small highway. Apparently this was a train waiting area with no one there and no signs. Scary to say the least. Go to level 5 which turns into level 6 and after you take 2 elevators, an escalator and a moving walkway you might find a gate that also has 3-4 flights out of one gate and they are all leaving within the hour. I too, will never go near the Denver airport. I thought I might like living in Denver but this sent me running.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"absolutely appalled at Denver"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I’m absolutely appalled at Denver and United Airlines as we were 2 hours late for our connecting flight and had a 7 hour delay. By the time we got to our final destination one of my bags was missing a wheel as my suitcase had been thrown onto the carousel to board the plane and my wheel snapped off. My other bag had no handle left on it and the lock was missing. And to add to that these were brand new bags.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"poor signage and service"

Not Verified | Extremely poor experience. We arrived at 12:30am to return our rental car. The signage was very poor. We drove around for 30 minutes or more until we could find our rental server. Then we waited until the American desk opened. The person who took our luggage said to proceed to our gate in the A terminal. There was no available security area opened. The sign on the west side said it was closed and to proceed to the opposite terminal. We walked over to the east side and that wasn’t open either however there were approximately 20 TSA agents behind the glass. Another passenger walked by and said we needed to go to the South security. I understand renovations are occurring but that was extremely poor signage and service. I won’t fly through Denver ever again.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Very frustrating experience"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Our flight from Frankfurt Germany to Denver Colorado arrived 30 minutes late. We had a connecting flight one and a half hours later. Despite having that time frame we missed our next flight due to no organization to help transfer either by travellers who have been delayed by no fault of their own. It took us over an hour to get through passport controls and security checking. For instance there could have been organization for a quicker line for travellers with boarding passes for next flights within the next 1-2 hours. Very frustrating experience.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"unprofessional and inconsiderate"

Trip Verified | Stepped onto the train leading to terminals, I had been waiting for a train so I would have a seat. When I got on there were 3 employees sitting having a chat about employees and reprimands etc.. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate of these “ladies”.
Date VisitJune 2018

"Mean customer service"

Trip Verified | Exit the new train. No escalator to check in desks. Take slowest elevators on Earth. Walk past 40 Southwest desks (the entire East wing) to get to Delta. Check in. Go downstairs. No TSA operating today on West wing. Walk back across both West and East wings. Go through TSA meaning walking back the entire length of East Wing. And then get on trains. Whoever designed this concept could only have worked for a demented government agency. Mean customer service too. But grade of F just for design. Seeing kids eating meals sitting on the ground at the gates was the final straw.
Date VisitMay 2018