Denver Airport

"airport should be avoided"

Trip Verified | Terrible customer service: I was ahead of almost 2 hours and tried to print the boarding pass. But the system was down, and I asked some customer service help, but their response was too rude to hear. I was in line for more than one and a half hours that made me late. So, I bought another new ticket (United Airline). I want to recommend all employees should be trained well, especially their mouth and eye, as well as they should know what their job is. They should not look down the customer/guest as a terrible enemy and a valueless animal. If possible, that airport should be avoided.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"one of the worst airports in the country"

Not Verified | Denver airport is one of the worst airports in the country. It takes forever to get from the rental car agency to your departure gate. Security lines and wait is terrible. I will avoid this airport as much as possible in the future.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"friendliness is a real issue"

Not Verified | On a recent flight, leaving from the regional airline area in terminal A, there is no walkway or any service for the ones of us that have a hard time walking. Wheel chairs were available, but no directions on how to acquire one, and no visible interest in assisting older or infirm people. Denver friendliness is a real issue. I have been through the airport several time times this past year, 2019, and have found many of the service employees are never available. I strongly recommend that if you can change planes somewhere else, try to do that.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Dirty and dingy feeling"

Trip Verified | Dirty and dingy feeling. Nasty smelling. Signage horribly placed and sometimes misleading - worst I've ever seen in an airport, I think. The wonderful light rail station shouldn't be hard to find, but this airport makes it hard to find. The baggage carousels take inordinately long to deliver the luggage. Unclean restrooms. Disgusting seats from the moment you check in with your airline to the moment you leave your gate. Gruff and mannerless TSA agents, even by TSA standards (then again, it is Colorado, which is arguably one of the U.S.' least friendly states). Even TSA Pre-Check passengers wait longer than in Pre-Check lines in other airports, I can also attest to how terrible the lines at DIA are for non-Pre-Check holders. Boring and unoriginal options for snacks, dining and drinks for such a large airport. At least the inter-terminal tram is clean, efficient and dependable, and, as I said, that light rail station is such a nice asset. Friends don't let friends fly in and out of Denver, y'all. I've never liked this airport, but my most recent experience really did me in with it.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"getting frustrated with the lack of service"

Not Verified | We are really getting frustrated with the lack of service and having things work they way they should at DIA. I understand things can go wrong but today, all of the following happened: 1) Escalator stopped when going down. Small girl was thrown to the ground and was hurt. 2) Got on train to go to baggage - did not go anywhere. After 10 minutes - we had to walk to baggage claim. 3) Waiting for baggage - when it finally started to come out- it got stuck and took someone 10 minutes to fix. Get your act together.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"train the officers to be better"

Trip Verified | Unfortunately, I encountered traffic on the way to the Denver Airport to catch my departure flight home. I got there later than desired, but was still going to make my flight. However, as I was going through the Tsa screening (I had my stuff on the belt, next in line to go through security), my lane and a handful of others stopped operating. This was around 5:00pm on 10/18/2019 The TSA officers made no attempt to explain to the people in line what was going on. Instead, the officers in my lane kept laughing and cracking jokes about "the supervisors not doing their job". They should be more sensitive and considerate of all the anxious people waiting to get to their flights. One guest in the lane next to mine remarked that his plane was leaving soon and he might miss his flight, to which the officer sarcastically replied, "That's unfortunate." without even giving the guest a glance. Another guests 2 kids had passed through the security gate right before the machines stopped, so he approached the officer after about 10 min and asked if the kids could come back through to stand in line with the parents so they wouldn't be waiting alone. The same officer mentioned above replied in an aggressive manner that "they've been randomly selected and they'll be selected again when they come back in." What he's saying is not wrong. It's how he said it that rubbed me, and undoubtedly the father, the wrong way. You could tell the father was annoyed because he simply didn't want his kids to be alone. My negative experience was mainly due to 1 or 2 officers, but there is obviously a work culture that tolerates this kind of behavior. There were other officers around that said nothing to correct the abovementioned officer's rude behavior. I have traveled a lot in my life, and can deal with a bit of rudeness, but this was over the top. Please, train the officers to be better people, which in turn will make them better employees. The Denver Airport processes many, many people each day, and bad employee behavior should not be an impediment.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"looks like it’s been through a demolition"

Not Verified | I have travelled in Denver over 15 times per month on average (since this airport was built). It’s the worst run airport I have been through. Escalators are broken consistently (perhaps 1/5 trips I make), bulbs are out in the elevators, and to make matters worse the major construction to shift security upstairs (complete remodel) has come to a halt. The contractors were recently terminated. Currently the terminal looks like it’s been through a demolition. On a good note the train that runs from Denver works well. On a bad note even the long term parking is expensive ($18 per day) and the shuttle buses run infrequently. This airport is run by the city of Denver.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Why do the folks from Colorado tolerate this!"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience! First, getting thru security was a nightmare because a screener was being trained. They discussed every bag! No attempt was made or any consideration given to travelers missing their flight. Second, no gate information is available until you get to terminal a, b, or c. So that is not helpful when United flies out of more than one terminal. I had to take a second train ride. Third, I had to use terminal b. It has 95 gates! And guess which gates are at the end? Local flights. What a way to treat guests coming to spend money in this state. Why the taxpayers put up with that I will never know. I don’t understand how voters put up with that. Last, United treats their customers like crap with broken down planes, gate changes, delays, outrageously bad customer service. Why do the folks from Colorado tolerate this!

"utterly bad experience"

Trip Verified | I am a frequent traveller and familiar with quite harsh airport proceedings. But what happend in Denver Airport is inacceptable. Arriving at the security checkup with a broken arm in a cast and therefore quite handicapped I was treated in an extremely impolite and despiteous manner. The security officer shouted impatiently at me to move my luggage myself on the moving floor, his female colleague barked at me in bad slang with a ferocious face and pushed roughly around without any explanation when she was controlling me. When I was through they had much fun controlling my husband in the same rude and extensive manner, impeding him purposedly to help me collect my items. We gave no comment to them to avoid things getting even worse. This was an utterly bad experience, I felt rather like a head of cattle than a like human being. The behavior of such incompetent staff is a shame for Denver and is by no way worthy of an International Airport, but gave us the impression of a deepest ignorant and uneducated province.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"signage was confusing and incomplete"

Trip Verified | I took the light rail from Union Station to the Denver Airport on 9/3/19 for a flight to Salt Lake City at 2.25pm. This was the worst experience I have ever had at an airport in all my travels. There is ongoing construction going on at this airport and this construction probably has a lot to do with my horrible experience. Trying to get from the point where the light rail ended at the airport to finally arriving at my departure gate was a pretty bad experience. The signage was confusing and incomplete while navigating around all the construction. The route to my gate was circuitous and aggravating. I had to stop and ask for help more than once. One employee apologized for all the craziness - she said the original company that was contracted for the construction work was "fired", and the city is now back to the drawing board finding a new company to do the job. This experience has left me with a bad taste, and until that airport construction is done, I would suggest you avoid flying out of Denver airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2019