Denver Airport

"Why do the folks from Colorado tolerate this!"

Trip Verified | Terrible experience! First, getting thru security was a nightmare because a screener was being trained. They discussed every bag! No attempt was made or any consideration given to travelers missing their flight. Second, no gate information is available until you get to terminal a, b, or c. So that is not helpful when United flies out of more than one terminal. I had to take a second train ride. Third, I had to use terminal b. It has 95 gates! And guess which gates are at the end? Local flights. What a way to treat guests coming to spend money in this state. Why the taxpayers put up with that I will never know. I don’t understand how voters put up with that. Last, United treats their customers like crap with broken down planes, gate changes, delays, outrageously bad customer service. Why do the folks from Colorado tolerate this!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"utterly bad experience"

Not Verified | I am a frequent traveller and familiar with quite harsh airport proceedings. But what happend in Denver Airport is inacceptable. Arriving at the security checkup with a broken arm in a cast and therefore quite handicapped I was treated in an extremely impolite and despiteous manner. The security officer shouted impatiently at me to move my luggage myself on the moving floor, his female colleague barked at me in bad slang with a ferocious face and pushed roughly around without any explanation when she was controlling me. When I was through they had much fun controlling my husband in the same rude and extensive manner, impeding him purposedly to help me collect my items. We gave no comment to them to avoid things getting even worse. This was an utterly bad experience, I felt rather like a head of cattle than a like human being. The behavior of such incompetent staff is a shame for Denver and is by no way worthy of an International Airport, but gave us the impression of a deepest ignorant and uneducated province.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"signage was confusing and incomplete"

Trip Verified | I took the light rail from Union Station to the Denver Airport on 9/3/19 for a flight to Salt Lake City at 2.25pm. This was the worst experience I have ever had at an airport in all my travels. There is ongoing construction going on at this airport and this construction probably has a lot to do with my horrible experience. Trying to get from the point where the light rail ended at the airport to finally arriving at my departure gate was a pretty bad experience. The signage was confusing and incomplete while navigating around all the construction. The route to my gate was circuitous and aggravating. I had to stop and ask for help more than once. One employee apologized for all the craziness - she said the original company that was contracted for the construction work was "fired", and the city is now back to the drawing board finding a new company to do the job. This experience has left me with a bad taste, and until that airport construction is done, I would suggest you avoid flying out of Denver airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"When possible, I'll avoid Denver"

Not Verified | I found Denver Airport very difficult for travelers to use and I recommend anyone who has to use it to leave lots of extra time and be prepared to be frustrated and treated rudely. The signs are poorly placed, when they exist. On arrival, finding the rental car shuttles was very badly marked. When I had finally gotten my car - the rental car offices are several miles away - and returned to the airport to pick up my daughter, one of the traffic officials was very unpleasant. There were no other cars in the row I was in or the next row, which were both permitted lanes for picking up passengers. There was room for easily 20 cars. I was typing in the address we were going to into Google Maps, and he came over to insist I leave. We had been there for less than 3 minutes. On departure, we had to walk a very long distance to the gate. If you have any mobility problems, request a wheelchair. Security was very badly run. There were 3 lanes open, but only 2 staff to check boarding passes and IDs. The middle staff member made no attempt to be sure that the left two lanes alternated, and no one bothered to change the lanes to two lanes. When I mentioned the problem to him, he said it was the travelers' fault that they weren't alternating because they were stepping up too fast. The lines at the food counters and in the convenience stores were very long because it is a very busy airport. The staff at the food counters and convenience stores were very nice and helpful. But don't count on having time to get food between flights. When possible, I'll avoid Denver.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"screening process is a zoo"

Trip Verified | Under construction. The screening process is a zoo. Only comparable to maybe Atlanta. The TSA people are rude. The amount of walking you have to do is crazy. So many passengers traveling for 6 am flight and only one place open for food or coffee. Even the gift shop to get a water had a very long wait. Also very complicated process to get a rental car. Allow plenty of time to get shuttle and car.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"poor organizational abilities"

Trip Verified | Every time I come through here there's some kind of delay. I have spent anywhere from two hours to overnight on numerous occasions because the poor organizational abilities.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"staff unhelpful and poorly trained"

Trip Verified | The entire arrival / pre-screening / customs, then departure / TSA security procedure is just a gong show. Some good staff, but many just rude, unhelpful and poorly trained. I just do not understand why TSA after all the years of complaints still feels it can treat passengers like cattle.

"Inconsiderate, unfriendly people"

Not Verified | Worst than LAX by far. Starting from the signs, parking, customer service, TSA, airlines. If you are old, disabled or young and inexperienced forget about it. They want you to get lost and miss your flight. First off it's in the middle of nowhere. Rather pay extra and fly from Colorado Springs overpriced airport and save me the hassle. The airports represent the state. Inconsiderate, unfriendly people!

"Customs is horrendous"

Trip Verified | Customs is horrendous, close to 2 hours to process one plane from London. People were missing connecting flights. They only had 3 agents working all US and Canadian citizens and two working the rest. The the next flight arrived and the global express line went through before they would continue with the other line. It was poorly managed and really embarrassing as a citizen of Colorado. So much talk from other passengers about never flying into DIA again and how Chicago and the east coast airports are so much better.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"staff I encountered were not helpful"

Not Verified | This was my second time flying with my son who is now 18 months. Our departure experience is why I'm reviewing this airport. We got to the airport with plenty of time to spare because I knew from previous experience how long and time consuming security can be there. The first thing we did was stop at the rest room right by security. The people in front of us in line informed me there wasn't any toilet paper in the stalls. I was hoping they were misinformed but they were correct. There was no toilet paper. There was a woman with a TSA vest on in the restroom. Someone in the restroom asked her if she could let someone know there wasn't any toilet paper and she blankly looked at her and walked away. I was very surprised to see the security line wasn't very long! My 18 month old son has special needs. He has a feeding pump and has Cerebral Palsy therefore he is unable to stand or sit on his own. The TSA agent wanted our stroller to go through the conveyor belt machine. I told the agent I'd rather push it through so I would have someplace to set down my son while I gathered our things after they came through the belt. (I knew I'd have to hold my son but wanted to be able to set him down afterwards) She said no. She then took off all 3 of the stroller wheels and crammed it down so it fit through the machine. My son and I walked through where we were supposed to be and waited for our things. I had a backpack, laptop, my sons diaper bag, my sons feeding pump, my shoes, my keys, my phone, and my stroller without wheels to get after it went through the conveyor belt. So I'm standing there holding my son, who I can't set down anywhere wondering how I'm going to get all of this stuff back where it needs to be. Eventually I asked one of the TSA agents if they were going to put my stroller back together. I got a blank look and he went back to what he was doing. I then loudly said "Someone better get over here and put my stroller back together" and an agent put my stroller back together so I could set my son down and get all of our stuff. The staff I encountered during my time at Denver airport were not helpful. I originally flew from Minneapolis to Denver a week earlier and had zero trouble going through security. The staff at MSP was all very helpful and understanding. They let me push my stroller through so I could have someplace to set my son down. They helped me gather my things. And they were also busier than Denver was at the time.