Denver Airport

"DIA never fails to disappoint"

Trip Verified | DIA never fails to disappoint. TSA has always been the worst at DIA. Then there is always some type of construction. I typically brace myself and 'deal with it'. But yesterday the pre check on north security was closed and there was a full line waiting for regular check. I raced to the south side. TSA pre check had 3 lines and the clear queue funneled to one gentleman. Frazzled I held up my pass and he gave me the 'lady put it on the scanner look'. At least he apologized when I complained about booking a terminal length to go through his line on the south. Finally through TSA and down the stairs to very backed up and broken train the terminals. After three trains I was able to get one to the C gates. I charged to the gate with a few minutes to get some water for my asthma which was now flaring up from all the people, the humidity in the terminal and my perspiration soaked mask. I asked where the water was to fill my bottle and was told it was 30 gates away back in the center. I did not want to risk missing boarding so I went to vending and found one machine half empty with only pepsi and mt dew. No water. In desperation I got a pepsi. Then I went to the restroom - the stall floors were littered, soap dispensers empty. The germiest place on earth is a bathroom and without soap or even hand sanitizer I cannot follow covid protocol. Disgusting and contrary to the mask mandate. Understood and even flexible that Covid has taken its toll on everyone but the lack of signs, supervisors, and basic needs is unacceptable. I recommend more supervisors on weekends and make sure they are visible and available - it is season! Prioritize cleanliness of restrooms and provide clean drinking water.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"TSA experience was terrible"

Not Verified | The Denver TSA experience was terrible. Every person had to stand next to another person and walk about 50 ft while a dog was put on them to sniff for whatever. It was demeaning and reminded me of the scene from Shindlers list. This was a clear effort to control and abuse passengers, not for security purposes. Dogs are discretely used in airports, no problem. This was control by an abusive government. I have called my congressman about this issue. Arrival at the baggage area, no vending for water. It was over 100 degrees out. Nobody to help, no information booth. I had to ask airline employees for information. I will never fly out of Denver again and would only use it for a connection. It is a terrible airport. The giant TSA screening area is a stockyard not fit for humans. What a disaster.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"This airport is very very understaffed"

Trip Verified | Denver had only McDonalds (gross) open during our delay. There were no food kiosks available due to short staffing that could be coin or card operated. No phone charger docks via vending either. Would have been very helpful. Plenty of chair charging docks-but if you don’t have a cord you’re screwed. Also why can’t airports have designated sleeping areas other than the scant cushions that only the lucky find? Sleeping on the floor-great. I did like the frequency of the gate train to get you to A, B, C gates. $14 for a turkey sandwich and $23 for a charger cord. Weather delays are real money makers for the airport concessioners. Thanks and happy Fourth of July. Not. The next day I had to walk up and down the B corridor twice just to spot the signage for Gate A to get to the train. My ankle still hurts from all the walking I did. There was no one at the information booth to help place a call for a hotel or car. The security guy told me to jump the 3 block line at customer service. Yeah right buddy. This airport is very very understaffed and as per usual overpriced. Gate B 3-9 area was beautifully designed with open glass walls and glass cathedral ceilings. Great great pod seating, comfortable chairs that support you when you put your head back. The music was also good throughout the terminal. Too bad the rest of the airport seemed like an older and uglier version of somewhere else. Bravo for this slice of heaven.

"no food available"

Trip Verified | Worst airport ever, no food available (everything was closed) and restaurants that were open had over an hour wait time. The airport was filled to the brim and everything was delayed in and out because of a non apparent storm. Never want to come back here but every connection available is through here.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"Left a really bad taste in my mouth"

Not Verified | First time in B concourse downstairs Gate B86. Carpet worn out. Arm rests on waiting seats broken. Dirty carpet. Just notified carry-on luggage cart broken. We have to carry our bags to plane, what kind of circus is this. Left a really bad taste in my mouth.
Date VisitJune 2021

"airport should be ashamed of their staff"

Trip Verified | Airport appeared clean until we used the eating facility. Cleaning staff standing around people watching and not once did they try and clean a table and sanitize tables. We have just gone through a pandemic is no surprise to anyone, airport should be ashamed of their staff and lack of care for people using airport. Denver airport charges outrages prices for food but cannot provide a clean and safe environment for its patrons. Good service manager should be placed on probation. Location is a pandemic waiting to resurge. Avoid this airport at all cost.
Date VisitJune 2021

"Departure was a nightmare"

Not Verified | Arrival is okay although you have to look for the hidden boards indicating assigned baggage carousel. We walked the length of the baggage claim area and looked at each carousel before finding ours. Departure was a nightmare. Priority check in was slower than regular. Other customers had to help us with self-check in. We followed signs to North security only to find out that the TSA line was closed and we were redirected to South Security. There were no signs how to get to south security. We had to ask 3 separate people and ended up in baggage claim again. We finally found a police officer who gave us proper directions. After finding south security I set off the walk thru alarm, went back through and was then selected for a random search, they swabbed my hands and the test indicated positive which required a more than thorough patdown. The agent pulled open my waistband, pulled up my shirt, all in front of the crowd. The TSA agent told me hand lotion sometimes gives a false test. Seriously!? Perhaps we need a better test or this was just BS. I was humiliated during the whole process. There is no way a reasonably intelligent person can navigate this airport due to their poor signage. This was my second bad experience - my first made me miss my flight due to poor signage. Never again. I suggest you fly into Colorado Springs and drive to Denver before using this airport. Also, all food options had lines so long you would miss your flight.

"Disgraceful service"

Not Verified | Absolutely horrible service at Xpress Check for rapid covid test. Xpress Check also owns airport spa but must have made more money switching to covid testing. $200 for test or miss flight or quarantine. The management was intimidating the customers, would not allow customers to ask questions and literally yelled at customers who appeared frustrated. Manager did not distance when she became angry. Several people who questioned her missed their flights. Disgraceful service.
Date VisitMay 2021

"is still a complete construction nightmare"

Trip Verified | The main terminal was torn up and completely destroyed over a year ago and is still a complete construction nightmare. There are zero Amenities in the main terminal. Security is slow, airline counters are jammed, directional signs are awful. In the concourses all the amenities are clustered in the central area and are all jammed with long lines and not enough seating. Gates do not have enough seating and most electrical outlets don’t work. Every time I fly through here I have to help lost people figure out how to get on the train to the terminal to baggage claim. This is literally one of the worst airports now.
Date VisitMay 2021

"a pleasure going to Denver Airport"

Not Verified | My husband and I were treated with respect and compassion. I am very sick and I guess it showed on my face. Going through security they pushed us to the front with no questions or explanation. At the gate they let us enter first. It was such a pleasure going to Denver Airport and leaving. We would recommend them at any time.