Denver Airport

"poor customer service"

Not Verified | Complicated, confusing, and exhausting, poor customer service. My luggage was misrouted, multiple staff gave me bad advice and misdirected me, I had to run from gate 38 to 13, then missed a flight because I didn’t have time to get there.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"Absolutely dreadful"

Not Verified | I agree with all the reviews below. Absolutely dreadful! It is hard to bring me to tears but this airport did it. The frustration of signage, untrained staff, security issues. I left my coat as I was helping an elderly man with his cane. To go back to where I left it, South security, took over an hour to find anything with the signage. My arrival a week before was confusing. Baggage signs, go upstairs? Who has baggage upstairs? Which terminal, East or West? I got asked that for 2 pickups and nowhere does it say East or West. The hotel transport lady finally asked what color signs I as looking at. Nowhere does it say you will be taking a train to baggage. I went on an escalator and was by myself in a small highway. Apparently this was a train waiting area with no one there and no signs. Scary to say the least. Go to level 5 which turns into level 6 and after you take 2 elevators, an escalator and a moving walkway you might find a gate that also has 3-4 flights out of one gate and they are all leaving within the hour. I too, will never go near the Denver airport. I thought I might like living in Denver but this sent me running.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"absolutely appalled at Denver"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | I’m absolutely appalled at Denver and United Airlines as we were 2 hours late for our connecting flight and had a 7 hour delay. By the time we got to our final destination one of my bags was missing a wheel as my suitcase had been thrown onto the carousel to board the plane and my wheel snapped off. My other bag had no handle left on it and the lock was missing. And to add to that these were brand new bags.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"poor signage and service"

Not Verified | Extremely poor experience. We arrived at 12:30am to return our rental car. The signage was very poor. We drove around for 30 minutes or more until we could find our rental server. Then we waited until the American desk opened. The person who took our luggage said to proceed to our gate in the A terminal. There was no available security area opened. The sign on the west side said it was closed and to proceed to the opposite terminal. We walked over to the east side and that wasn’t open either however there were approximately 20 TSA agents behind the glass. Another passenger walked by and said we needed to go to the South security. I understand renovations are occurring but that was extremely poor signage and service. I won’t fly through Denver ever again.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Very frustrating experience"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Our flight from Frankfurt Germany to Denver Colorado arrived 30 minutes late. We had a connecting flight one and a half hours later. Despite having that time frame we missed our next flight due to no organization to help transfer either by travellers who have been delayed by no fault of their own. It took us over an hour to get through passport controls and security checking. For instance there could have been organization for a quicker line for travellers with boarding passes for next flights within the next 1-2 hours. Very frustrating experience.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"unprofessional and inconsiderate"

Trip Verified | Stepped onto the train leading to terminals, I had been waiting for a train so I would have a seat. When I got on there were 3 employees sitting having a chat about employees and reprimands etc.. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate of these “ladies”.
Date VisitJune 2018

"Mean customer service"

Trip Verified | Exit the new train. No escalator to check in desks. Take slowest elevators on Earth. Walk past 40 Southwest desks (the entire East wing) to get to Delta. Check in. Go downstairs. No TSA operating today on West wing. Walk back across both West and East wings. Go through TSA meaning walking back the entire length of East Wing. And then get on trains. Whoever designed this concept could only have worked for a demented government agency. Mean customer service too. But grade of F just for design. Seeing kids eating meals sitting on the ground at the gates was the final straw.
Date VisitMay 2018

"Absolutely no complaints"

Trip Verified | Arrival from Reno, very easy and quickly out to car rental. Departure was to ZRH via IAD. Check-in staff very helpful and security (TSA Pre) surprisingly quick, although from the number of barriers I suspect that it can get very busy. Very easy to transit between terminals and actually a bright and breezy airport, nice views across the runway. Absolutely no complaints - now about United Airlines, that is a different story (!) but nothing to detriment the good airport experience.
Date VisitApril 2018

"could not find any comfy chairs"

Not Verified | Well to start, flights were cancelled to DFW due to weather so had to sleep at airport if you can call it that, AA did not offer any voucher for hotel since our flight was 5 am the next day. We could not find any comfy chairs. Those AP chairs are so uncomfortable and armless, good luck in terminal A. Admirals Club only open during the day and not at night, food court left a lot to be desired at Terminal A. They should update the seating and put rockers in like Charlotte. Even places to sleep overnight with sofas and TVs. Very large lot of walking from Main Building to flight Terminals. I felt like John McClain running down the walking sidewalks. Not laid out well and nowhere quiet to sleep. Could not wait to get out of Denver. Only 2 TSA entrances so come early, very crowded. Restrooms were nasty and unclean. Saw no one in cleaning them.
Date VisitMay 2018

"always very painful"

Not Verified | I fly regularly into DEN on international flight (Lufthansa and British Airways). I must sadly say that arriving into Denver international airport on international flights is always very painful, literally a 3rd world experience. Coming off the plane, passengers are herded into narrow hallways and escalators. The first waiting line for the automated immigration desks often takes 30 to 40 minutes. Then, to everyone’s surprise there is a second, long queue downstairs, that also often take 20 to 30 minutes. Luggage takes forever to reach the carousels. I would suggest that the management of the DIA airport travels to Singapore or Doha, Dubai or Bangkok to see how it is done. Colorado deserves better at its first International Gateway.
Date VisitApril 2018