Denver Airport

"Very poor and confusing signage"

Not Verified | I have been to many large and small airports across the US and international airports. Denver airport joins Paris Airport as one of the worst. Very poor and confusing signage. Long long hikes especially to retrieve luggage and no options for assistance for those with walking difficulty. (I have MS making long walks difficult). Many of the escalators and walking sidewalks were closed. Inadequate seating at gates. No tables and limited seating after security to gather items, put on belts etc. I would say the single worst point about Denver airport is the confusing or lack of adequate signage.
Date VisitNovember 2020

"Overpriced parking"

Not Verified | Overpriced parking, $145 for 24 hour garage. Construction for over a year, a mess as you can not walk through to even get to the restrooms. The absolute rudest people are at this airport. I am not sure what it is, as I travel a lot. From the ticket agents that are either screaming about electronic check in, or at the check in desk. The American Airlines agents are the worst! To the screaming TSA agents, who are always yelling something, shoes on, shoes off, in the bin, out of the bin. The only thing good I can say is that the airport is clean.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"ongoing construction project that never ends"

Trip Verified | I have always enjoyed Denver International Airport. Perhaps not the fanciest, but reasonable, navigable, and manageable. The last two+ years however have been pure travel hell. This ongoing construction project that never ends is a nightmare. Still no food in the main concourse. Still a disaster area ever where you turn. This place should qualify as a blight and get disaster funding. When does this nightmare end Denver? Outlying parking lots are still closed because they have no drivers. The crowded trains that run on the strangest schedules. Never enough, always loaded to over-capacity. The ridiculous security lines. Enough said. Ridiculous and unacceptable. Just ridiculous. Closed bathrooms. Don't pass one if you see one. All the broken floor tiles around the baggage areas. I am sure the ground moved, but really this is our airport? Every trip through there is another experience in "worst airport ever". So sad.

"an absolute nightmare"

Trip Verified | I rarely write a review, and then only if it's positive. Denver International, however, is the exception. Almost everything about this place is bad. TSA check in is an absolute nightmare. TSA precheck line had maybe 500 people. Non-precheck had 2 lines with maybe 1000 people each. Everything is dirty. Especially the bathrooms. The airport has the feel of a Soviet-era prison without all the glitz. Sure, most airports today aren't fun. Weird TSA security layouts, understaffing, closed facilities. It's just the way things are. Denver takes it to another level. For example, the rental car facilities are dirty and understaffed. I waited almost an hour and a half in a rental car pickup line before I cancelled the car, walked out, and took Uber to Colorado Springs. The on-site gas station was unbelievably filthy with trash spilled all over the ground. If you're arriving on an international flight and have bags, you have to collect the bags and transfer them. This process is standard. At Denver though, you have to collect your bags, take them upstairs and outside to a curbside pickup, then return inside and downstairs to go through security. I might be able to overlook all this if the airport weren't in Colorado and 30 miles from downtown Denver. If you get stuck at DIA, you're spending a lot of time and money finding a hotel or a new wait out of the state. It's just not worth it. Play it safe and use SLC, Vegas, or Phoenix. If you're in Colorado, enjoy the breath of fresh air that is Colorado Springs Airport. You've been warned.
Date VisitSeptember 2021

"the filthiest airport I have ever seen"

Trip Verified | This is the filthiest airport I have ever seen. The bathrooms are atrocious. Several of them hadn't flushed, paper towels all over. The entire airport smells of urine. There is a place for dogs to pee and poop, but no easy access to outside to smoke. The people who work here are rude and not helpful at all. I will never fly from or to Denver ever again.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"I had nothing to drink for several hours"

Not Verified | This airport should just shut down. I was there for an extended layover and I thought I was in the twilight zone! I had nothing to drink for several hours, not allowed to bring beverages through security, and nothing was open for purchase! Not one place. There were no drinking fountains either, so I had no choice but to drink the warm water out of the bathroom sink. The airport was very difficult to navigate as there were no signs giving any directions! Construction everywhere I looked, escalator out of service, I walked so much that my feet were swollen! When I got lost, I couldn't locate any help, except for one employee who shooed me away when I started asking him a question. Terrible customer service! Every worker that I came into contact with was flat out rude. That's unacceptable, especially because I am a very kind person. I suggest you visit another airport and take notes. I will do everything in my power to avoid Denver International Airport.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"Worst airport in the country"

Trip Verified | Worst airport in the country. I’ve lived here in Colorado over 30 years. Loved Stapleton but realized we needed a larger airport to accommodate the influx of new people to the area. DIA was built not long ago but super short-sighted as it has never operated efficiently for travelers. For many years, it’s been under construction causing delays/obstructions and it seems no one can figure out what to do to fix the many problems with this newly built antiquated airport. If you’re building a billion $ hotel here - it can be erected quickly. I’m a frequent traveler and am planning to move from Denver Metro area so I never need to travel to DIA again! I'm writing this while on the train to Union Station, which was closed with little notice when I was heading to DIA a few years ago.
Date VisitAugust 2021

"Worst airport in the country"

Not Verified | Worst airport in the country. Trying to figure out where to go after arriving, forget it. There is no one to ask and no signage. I ended up jumping to a completely different terminal and my ride couldn't find me. No idea how it happened, I just walked down the concourse towards baggage claim then hopped on a train. Then departing, so much construction is going on security cannot be found. The escalators are unsafe, too steep. No decent food is available after 9. The place is filthy. No charging stations work in the terminal seats.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"the worst airport we have ever been to"

Not Verified | This is the worst airport we have ever been to. Construction in check in area, escalators being worked on, longest walks we have ever experienced, not to mention the longest lines and the worst TSA security check point service we have ever had in our 50 plus years of traveling! I wish I would have gotten the name of the awful woman who ‘frisked’ me and 3 members of my family. Really? I think she should be fired. All in all we were thrilled to get out of there and will never book a flight that takes off from Denver International. Shame on you for treating people the way we were treated today!
Date VisitJuly 2021

"DIA never fails to disappoint"

Trip Verified | DIA never fails to disappoint. TSA has always been the worst at DIA. Then there is always some type of construction. I typically brace myself and 'deal with it'. But yesterday the pre check on north security was closed and there was a full line waiting for regular check. I raced to the south side. TSA pre check had 3 lines and the clear queue funneled to one gentleman. Frazzled I held up my pass and he gave me the 'lady put it on the scanner look'. At least he apologized when I complained about booking a terminal length to go through his line on the south. Finally through TSA and down the stairs to very backed up and broken train the terminals. After three trains I was able to get one to the C gates. I charged to the gate with a few minutes to get some water for my asthma which was now flaring up from all the people, the humidity in the terminal and my perspiration soaked mask. I asked where the water was to fill my bottle and was told it was 30 gates away back in the center. I did not want to risk missing boarding so I went to vending and found one machine half empty with only pepsi and mt dew. No water. In desperation I got a pepsi. Then I went to the restroom - the stall floors were littered, soap dispensers empty. The germiest place on earth is a bathroom and without soap or even hand sanitizer I cannot follow covid protocol. Disgusting and contrary to the mask mandate. Understood and even flexible that Covid has taken its toll on everyone but the lack of signs, supervisors, and basic needs is unacceptable. I recommend more supervisors on weekends and make sure they are visible and available - it is season! Prioritize cleanliness of restrooms and provide clean drinking water.