Denver Airport

"The airport is a mess"

Not Verified | The airport is a mess. Unless you fly weekly, you must plan your arrival and departure well. We departed downtown Denver using the morning RTD train from Union Station. It was fine. Discharged from the RTD train to take a huge steep escalator (if not working use the Westin elevators), to the cold open air Westin plaza and into the main terminal to catch the robo shuttle to terminals A, B or C. You better know which one you want. Got off at terminal B to be greeted by a huge network of TSA security cordons. Where is airline baggage check-in? Asked a TSA Agent nice enough to point us the directions- down the hall, up an elevator to the UAL counters. Checked baggage in, then around the counters, down an escalator, and back to the madness of the security lines. Everyone in a mad rush. Take your time and stay calm. Airport lacking signage. I have been in big domestic and intl. airports without Denver Intl.'s problems. Be prepared.
Date VisitApril 2022

"Absolutely worst airport ever"

Not Verified | Absolutely worst airport ever. Rental car returns has a missing sign, you wouldn’t know a turn unless you user iPhone. Then comes the next part. Signage for security check is confusing beyond belief. Who can tell the difference between bridge security vs open security check? There’s an additional line for TSA pre check. Half the moving walkways don’t work, basically have a to walk.
Date VisitApril 2022

"most confusing layout"

Trip Verified | Where do I start? There were no bins available going through security. Departing Denver at 5:40am -I don't know whether they didn't want to be there, maybe it was to early. She (TSA agent) walked right past us with a pallet full of bins. She wasn't moving because she was talking/laughing and the line in front of me was moving. I told my son to grab a couple bins since we were holding up the lines by not having a bin. Only then did she start moving and wouldn't let him take one. She told him to "Come get it" very nastily after she walked past us. I won't even start on us now having to walk all the way to the other side of the airport. It's confusing. No one was there to make sure we were even going in the right direction. No signs. There's no way this is a "requirement by the FAA" to have the most confusing layout I've ever seen. I've lived in 2 countries and traveled to most US states. I don't leave reviews on airports normally, but I live in Denver and I'm sad that I do. I've never had these experiences anywhere but here. I would leave 0 stars if I could. I've had it with this place.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"it's mass confusion, with absolutely zero signage"

Not Verified | This airport used to be at least a decent experience but has turned into a circus. The moment you walk in it's mass confusion, with absolutely zero signage or directions of any use. Hopefully you enjoy wandering around and didn't try to bring too much carry on to lug with you, because asking for help from some of the staff is a Russian roulette of what type of attitude you're going to get. I'd be more sympathetic, but I've also worked long hours interacting with the public, and there's no reason to be abrasive so long as people are being polite. TSA was the most pleasant part, and that's because they kept any interaction to a minimum so that the line could keep moving.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"Absolutely horrible airport"

Not Verified | Absolutely horrible airport. Security and check-in areas are as inconvenient and congested as it gets. Most outlets at the gates don't work and no staff is willing to help with any questions or concerns. Should just be torn down.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"have never seen such rude behavior out of law enforcement"

Trip Verified | Police officers outside extremely rude. Several people in line outside waiting on family to get to vehicle and told to leave. The police were having lots of fights with people in Arrivals line telling them to move and shining their flash light in their faces or into the windshield of cars making it hard to see to drive off. My children were literally walking out the door and the police officer told me to move now, I told him my kids are right there, he said no move now, go back around. I had to circle around 4 times to get my kids because they wouldn't allow you to stop more than 2 minutes. I was stopped a total of 8 minutes and told move now and was yelled at. Several people treated the same way. I use the airport 15 times a year every year and have never seen such rude behavior out of law enforcement. Worst experience ever would not recommend using again to anyone. Searching for a new airport to fly out of all year.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"What a complete disappointment"

Not Verified | They manage to mess up TSA preapproval. Previously had two locations so that it was convenient based on which airline you used. Now they have, and they use the word consolidated, so there is only one TSA location so instead of having 50% roughly of the customers who are TSA pre approved going to each location you are forced to go to one location therefore there is literally no time advantage. Took about 30 minutes, so absurd. The only remaining advantage of course is you don't have to take your shoes off. What a complete disappointment, big government gone wrong. I don't care what the rationale is, fix it.
Date VisitNovember 2021

"It is 11pm and there is no place to buy water"

Not Verified | It is 11pm and there is no place to buy water. McDonald's is the only place open and the line is endless. No vending machines around! Only water fountains. Not useful under covid or without a container. It is a shame.

"TSA lines are awful"

Not Verified | The TSA lines are awful! DIA is an airport you cannot count on because of all the inconsistency through security. This problem needs to be fixed. Why do they have everyone go through the same TSA lines? Unlike other airports that have their own TSA for a specific terminal or even airlines! Awful experience
Date VisitNovember 2021

"the worst airport I have ever used"

Not Verified | Absolutely the worst airport I have ever used. It's not just this flight it's my last 3 flights out of Denver. TSA is incompetent. I stood in line for 20 mins at that and was told to walk to the south check point, walked down stood there for 10 mins and was told to go to another check point. 1 hr 30 mins total to get through just TSA. Missed my flight by 10 min, I will never use this airport again.
Date VisitOctober 2021