Denver Airport

"If you can't practice good customer service maybe you shouldn't be working there"

Not Verified | My daughter has an 8 month old and is pregnant, they made her collapse the stroller by herself with her daughter in her arms, take off her belt, push all of her things forward and the security guard or whatever they're called was horrible about the whole thing. Didn't try to help her at all, nobody picks your job for you, you do it because you choose to. If you can't practice good customer service maybe you shouldn't be working there.
Date VisitMarch 2021

"there are not enough signs"

Trip Verified | After landing in Denver, I tried to find my way out to my ride. I wound up going past TSA and found myself on a long escalator that led to a bus bus station, and was lost for about half an hour. Upon coming back in I met a small older woman who was also lost. The way out is not evident and there are not enough signs.
Date VisitMarch 2021

"We should be used to snow"

Not Verified | Denver International Airport is in Denver, Colorado. We are used to getting snow. We are used to getting blizzards even. The snow stopped at 10 pm, 3/15/2021. It is now 11 am on 03/15/2021 and they still haven't got the snow removed. That is pathetic. You had trucks out all night. Many trucks working 24 hours. I feel bad for those workers on the snow team. They either need more help or more equipment. It should not take this long to get it back and running in Colorado out of all places. We should be used to snow.
Date VisitMarch 2021

"Workers like this should be valued and appreciated"

Not Verified | My 16 year old daughter was stuck at the airport coming home due to weather. The staff member in customer service was absolutely the best person I have ever talked to! She triple booked my daughter for the next day to make sure she gets home somehow and made her feel safe. Thank goodness for the unaccompanied minors room. Workers like this should be valued and appreciated.
Date VisitFebruary 2021

"Denver Airport security was molasses slow"

Trip Verified | This airport has the most inefficient TSA security check process I have ever experienced. I've been to many other airports and their security often makes you feel rushed they are moving you through so quickly and efficiently. Denver Airport security was molasses slow. Lots of standing around waiting for your bin to enter the scan device and then waiting again on the other side of the body scan for your bin to complete its scan. So slow! After I went through the whole process I saw 2 main items that would help speed up the process at Denver Airport: 1) Automated return of security bins. Security checkpoints at other airports have automated bin returns which really speed things up. At the faster airports there is a worker feeding them into an automated bin return and they are quickly made available at the start of the line. Denver Airport had workers using very inefficient carts with bad mobility. My daughter and I couldn't help chuckling at a worker that was slowly navigating a cart with a stack of bins bumping into doors and other items as she struggled to slowly steer the cart from the end of the line back to the start. 2) Have travelers separate out items into different bins with no layers for security scan. Security checkpoints at other airports have you place your electronics in separate bins with now layer/piling of items on top of each other. For example, in Seattle they have you remove your laptop(s) from your bag. Same for your cell phone and bags of liquids. At Denver Airport they had everyone place everything in one tray each all piled on top of each other. Goo grief! No wonder the guy looking at the scanner had to stare at the screen for ages! It took forever. Extremely inefficient and slow for no good reason. Whomever is in charge of security at Denver Airport should take a trip to some other airports and pick up some efficiency improvement ideas. It would go a long way in getting travelers through their security area more quickly. The would also likely need fewer security stations, less equipment and fewer security workers. Aside from the slowness and inefficiency at security, the rest of the experience was fine. There was some construction, but it didn't disrupt our ability to get from point A to point B.
Date VisitFebruary 2021

"DIA is a monstrosity"

Not Verified | I’m a long-time traveler, having been to all 50 states, elite status on most airlines, and traveled to or through a lot of US airports. DIA is a monstrosity. Arriving, it took forever to find a way to get to baggage claim - I walked the terminal over taking the train as suggested to avoid crowds but there were no easy ways to get back down to baggage claim, eventually took an elevator. The RDA train to the city is super convenient, but the escalator to get down to it had a closed sign blocking it with no alt offered - eventually found an elevator to take me down. Departing was a nightmare. Getting off train, no easy signs for where check in is, but it dumps you at United, which had lines out the wazoo for everything. Security was snaked for miles and miles. I would hate this airport in particular if I was flying United - on what should be a light day of travel, long lines for everything, most not distanced. I actually had to stop and look up where Southwest check in was on my phone - never have I been unable to navigate an airport based on signage alone. TSA was a nightmare. The north security has shorter lines but I, like many others in front of me, had bags pulled for extra screening. I waited an additional 20 minutes for this check, bunched together with others. They had to check the pockets of my backpack, which were filled with coins and other random junk and has passed through TSA screening at least 10 times with everything in it with no extra search needed. I then darted off to the train to get to the gate and, not being familiar and with no signing, I accidentally got off at the A gates because A51 was prominently called out on my boarding pass - but actually gate was C42, that was just my boarding position. Absolutely no signage or announcement about airlines are at what terminals and every terminal looks exactly the same. I barely made the flight - I was the last passenger on. I hate this airport - it’s massive, confusing, and crowded.
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"people not wearing masks"

Not Verified | Dirty and disgusting, people not wearing masks. No airport staff or security in the four hours we have been here. Chairs ripped up, no toilet paper in restrooms. Do not feel safe. *There are a lot worse seats and dirty spots than these pictures.
Date VisitNovember 2020

"I did not feel safe at Denver International Airport!"

Trip Verified | In the season that we are in (COVID-19 Pandemic) I am very pleased to see how airlines and airports are keeping travelers safe and enforcing safety measures. On November 19, 2020 my nephew and I flew from BWI-DEN to connect to DEN-EUG to visit my son on United Airlines. Upon arrival at Denver International Airport, I was shocked to see so many travelers not practicing social distancing. It looked like a regular day at the airport pre-COVID where no one was practicing social distancing. There were lines at the eatery, Smash Burger in particular, where there were no social distancing guidelines and the patrons did not take it upon themselves to do such. What was more distressing was that at the sitting area at the gates there was no signage as to be 6ft apart or the seats with the signage to be 6ft apart. Some travelers did not have their mask on or did not have their mask on properly - meaning over mouth and nose. It did not look like security was reminding people to social distance. There was even one man strolling through the airport with the mask in his hand swinging it back and forth. CDC and other health officials have warned about traveling safely during the holidays. I did not feel safe at Denver International Airport! While at this point I do not know if Colorado has mandated strong COVID prevention practices, I will say I was surprised that travelers were not taking precautions. Please note that until there is a way to slow down the infection rate of COVID-19, I will not be going to or transferring planes in Denver, CO. Stay informed. Wear a mask. Be safe.
Date VisitNovember 2020

"USB ports are all destroyed"

Trip Verified | Someone needs to replace the charging ports near the gates. I plugged my cube in and it keeps falling out. The USB ports are all destroyed. Just came from Tampa and had no such issues there.
Date VisitAugust 2020

" No training on how to clean"

Not Verified | Poor signage. Everyone shows up to south security. The other two security check points almost empty. Bathrooms look worse than a truck stop. Cleaning staff, used towel to clean toilet no sanitizer, used same towel to clean sink, mirror, shelf, towel dispenser! No training on how to clean! Most people leaving bathroom with out washing hands! No wonder why everyone getting sick!
Date VisitMarch 2020