Delhi Airport

"Decent facilities"

Trip Verified | Terminal 2 Smallest of the 3 terminal, Go and Indigo domestic flight operates from here. Decent facilities, shopping, food and beverages,. During rush hours security can take time, not too long walk to gates, 5 min maximum from security. Lounge is very small and remains crowded, long queue at lounge. Wifi is good, if didn't get OTP through mobile on non Indian number then contact help desk, they will provide login credentials. Sufficient number of toilets available, also kids zone and prayer room.
Date VisitNovember 2022

"least foreigner friendly airport"

Trip Verified | This is the least foreigner friendly airport. You can’t connect to internet unless you have an Indian cell phone number. Hell you can’t even get a water bottle from the vending machines using an international credit card. Highly disappointing! I am writing this review using my international roaming!
Date VisitOctober 2022

8th November 2022 : Delhi Airport response

We regret the inconvenience caused to you during your recent visit at Delhi Airport. We appreciate your feedback and assure you that your observation was reviewed. Please note, we have Airport Information desk staff at both International & Domestic area to assist passengers incase, they are unable to get Internet Wi-Fi password. We have also published Wi-Fi support numbers across terminals through Standees, screens and Flight Information Display systems. We would also like to apprise you that, as per the statutory requirement in India we need to have identification of the person using the internet. Subsequently, an OTP is delivered on Indian & International numbers to access the Wi-Fi facility at Delhi Airport. Further, we are in process of activating International cards in Vending machine to enhance passenger experience.

"Terminal 2 small but smooth airport to navigate"

Trip Verified | Terminal 2 small but smooth airport to navigate, if not having check in baggage can exit in 5 min, clean toilets, few eating options at arrivals, multiple transport options. Prepaid cabs available and also Meru airport cabs. Ola/Uber have pick up point just outside. Public bus to city available from T3 which is just 5 min walk and also metro Available. If next flight from T1 then can get free shuttle bus.
Date VisitOctober 2022

"one of the best airport in India"

Date VisitSeptember 2022

"good facilities for travelers"

Trip Verified | Terminal 3 is used for international flight and all domestic flight of AirIndia, Vistara, Airasia and few of Indigo, spice. Its a huge terminal with good facilities for travelers. May experience long queue at ent2gate but mostly on gates 1 to 3-4,if you go further towards 6-7 won't find any queue. Have facility of paid porters which can be booked near car drop area. Lots of checking rows and many food options in check in area. Sometimes security is having long queue depending upon flight departing simultaneously but in general 15-20 min for that. International departure have separate security after immigration. After immigration excellent duty free shops and many other shopping options and many food options. Seating arrangements are sufficient. Can order food when seating and waiting at gates too, there are staff taking orders every where. Sufficient number of clean toilets. Prayer room also available. 2 smoking room in departure area. Airlines lounge and also loyalty lounge like Plaza premium and AmEx lounge available. Free wifi is for 2 hr.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"one of the best airport in India"

Trip Verified | T3 No doubt one of the best airport in India. Its big, depending upon gate of arrival may need to walk 10-15 min to exit. Baggage handling is swift, before arriving at baggage belt most of the baggage arrived already. There are chairs at baggage area to wait and also clean toilets, smoking room is there before baggage. Free wifi available for 2 hr, paid porters are there. At arrival hall multiple food options are there, also lounge and a alcohol shop. More food options available outside terminal. Chairs are there at arrival hall too. Metro station is just in front of terminal for travelling to downtown. City bus Available 24x7 to New Delhi railway station. Various cab option available, prepaid cab and metered cab and mega have booking kiosk outside terminal near pillars. OLA/Uber/Blumobility have pick up point at multi level parking. Free shuttle available for T1 and public transport centre.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"90 minutes just to get through security"

Not Verified | This airport is clean and the staff in the airport are quite nice and friendly. There are also a lot of franchises in this airport. The security check needs to be less time taking. It took me 90 minutes just to get through security because the people were not prompt. Also, the Wi-Fi at this airport is pathetic. There is a lot of seating space but less charging stations. The restrooms are clean and nice. Overall a pretty good airport, just needs better management.
Date VisitMay 2022

"Conveyer belt is stopped working"

Trip Verified | Pathetic airport. No one is available to give an answer as luggage is not arrived. Conveyer belt is stopped working. Waited for 45 mins no update from anyone. Big drama. All passengers from the flight in which I have travelled area waiting. No words to explain. How this airport is the best airport in India for 4 years? If this is the best airport what can I expect from other airports in India?

"Overall good experience"

Trip Verified | This review is for IGI airport T2. Terminal 2 is domestic terminal of Delhi from where all flight of Gofirst and few flights of Indigo operates. Its smallest of all 3 terminal at Delhi. My flight was an early morning flight and I was at terminal around 3 am and that time to queue anywhere. No waiting at entrance,no long queue at Security,took hardly 5 minute,small airport so no long walk to gates. There are many shops mostly clothes,electronics and also a wine shop and medicine shop. Majority were open that time,also food court is good and was open. Free wifi is also Available. Good number of washroom and are clean and hygienic. There is only one lounge (Plaza premium) which one of the smallest lounge I had seen anywhere and also very few items to offer. Overall good experience
Date VisitAugust 2022

"transit system through terminal 3 is the worst"

Trip Verified | The transit system through terminal 3 is the worst I have ever experienced in 30 years of travel. Transiting passengers are told to sit in a transit lounge and wait by staff who seem to have no idea and no authority to do anything. My connecting flights was 8 hours away and I already had a boarding pass for the next flight. I was therefore expecting to be able to go direct into the departure area of Terminal 3. There were many other passengers who also had boarding passes but were also told to wait. We were repeatedly told that someone was coming for us from the airline of our next flight but don't be fooled, NO-ONE is coming for you. When I asked over many hours why no-one was coming I was told that I needed to contact my airline. I told them in no uncertain terms that it was their job to contact the airline as they are the transit desk. I figured that within 1-2 hours of my flight, the flight crew of my next flight would contact the transit desk to 'release me' or come and get me. When within an hour of my flight this did not happen I once again lined up at the transit desk where no-one served me (they avoid you). With 45 min to go, I walked up to a slightly more senior man and interrupted him from his call and basically gave him a massive dressing down and warned him that I was not missing my flight because of the incompetence of the transit desk. When he realised that I was 30min from missing my flight, he hastily stamped my boarding pass and let me through. I got to my gate with 2 min to spare and was the 3rd last passenger on the flight. On my return leg through Delhi, I was told to wait once again and my transit was 10 hours. This time I immediately told the junior staff that there was no way in hell I was spending 10 hours in their lounge without food and I made sure other passenger were informed of the absence of any system. I received a meaningless stamp on my boarding pass and was let through immediately to Terminal 3. An American traveller who also caused a scene was also let through. When I went through this second time, a lady was in tears at the counter because the staff were so unhelpful. Also the airport WIFI system is rubbish.
Date VisitJuly 2022