Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

"my bag was apparently back in Dallas"

Trip Verified | A few minutes after exiting my plane, I received a gate change from terminal C way over to A. By this time, the gate attendants were gone. I rushed along the route and was finally able to snag a transit cart but did not make my connection. The cart dropped me at customer service where there was a line, including a man in a wheelchair and his relative who were in the same sinking boat as me. Since my arrival flight arrived a couple of minutes early, I was not given a hotel room. I was booked on the next flight to my destination which would not take off for 24-hrs. My destination was Connecticut, not some tiny, out-of-the-way airport. I asked and was told my checked bag would be waiting at BDL. 24 hours later, I finally made it home and my bag was apparently back in Dallas. Never will I travel that airline or use DFW!
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"This is one busy terminal"

Trip Verified | This is one busy terminal. On the day of our departure, the lounges had waits for 35-45 minutes whether you were a business class passenger or had a membership. There was plenty of seating available at the gates. The concourses are wide and have plenty of concessions. There is a long walk to passport control. The HVAC seemed to be working well as the arrivals hall and baggage claim were very comfortable. Using Mobile Passport Control, I was able to avoid the long lines and get through in less than 5 minutes. Unlike our last trip, baggage came out very quickly. Didn't have to wait no more than 15 minutes. WiFi was unreliable which is a surprise as I have never had issues with WiFI at DFW airport.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"bars/restaurants gone to a tablet only system"

Not Verified | Flew into Dallas with a 3 hour layover, easy enough to grab a few beers and a sandwich right? Wrong! It seems that all the bars/restaurants have gone to a tablet only system, oh wait you don't actually use the tablet you use your phone to scan the QR code to look up and order your food if you can find it. Can't leave your tab open, reorder every time. Worst system I have ever seen!
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"seems tidy and pleasant"

Not Verified | This is my 2nd trip this year transitioning through DFW, both arriving and departing has been pretty good. Being a solo traveler with hidden disabilities, I'm grateful for the help from the DFW staff who were able to assist me from the plane to my next gate. Most staff I met are kind, friendly and got me to my gate with plenty of time to spare. The airport itself seems tidy and pleasant. Thank you for making my travel needs simple and less stressful.

"Absolutely ridiculous planning"

Not Verified | After boarding the plane, the airport needed to "flip the runways", meaning takeoff and landings needed to switch directions. Depending on weather conditions and traffic, I get it. What I don't get, is piling people in an airplane and then giving them no option for hours at a time. I'm a tall guy, sitting on an airplane is not comfortable, and any additional time sitting in those cramped seats can wreak havoc on my back and legs. 2 hours sitting on the tarmac with no movement, no refreshments, and no information is just barely short of kidnapping. Especially for the prices we pay to fly. Absolutely ridiculous planning, and even worse customer service. Unacceptable!
Date VisitAugust 2022

"Terminal C is showing its age"

Trip Verified | Terminal C is DFW's oldest terminal and is showing its age. Upgrades are coming and they couldn't come any sooner. The concourse was very crowded and there was a lack of seating at the gate area. I was unable to connect to the free DFW Airport WiFi. The jetways to the aircraft seem to lack AC unlike some of the newer terminals at DFW. On arrival at gate C4, we couldn't exit the terminal building and had to go all the way to gate C17 which has 24 hour entry/exit.
Date VisitJune 2022

"90 minutes to go half a mile"

Not Verified | Is this a joke? A major international airport that is reliant on a slow, late, overcrowded shuttle bus system to get from one terminal to another? It took an hour and a half to go from the C4 bag claim to A10 where you can catch a bus. 90 minutes to go half a mile. I spent longer waiting in this airport, my destination, than I did in BWI and O'Hare, combined.
Date VisitJune 2022

"About ready to never fly out of DFW again"

Not Verified | If you fly Delta and have a flight early in the morning you have to show up at least 2 hrs before to get a place in line because Delta employees show up and open the counter less than 45 min before scheduled departures every day. Its a disaster every single time, tons of people miss flights every day just because Delta won't bring counter employees in soon enough to actually get passengers checked in. About ready to never fly out of DFW again on Delta. Wonder if all of the airlines suck this bad early in the morning. This puts the employees in a horrible situation every single day and you think the airline would not want this kind stress and chaos every single day.
Date VisitJune 2022

"Baggage Claim was disappointing"

Trip Verified | Departed from Terminal E (United). Renovated 5 years ago with open and light field space. The concourse are wide and have plenty of concessions. The bathrooms have a lighting system which indicates whether a stall is occupied or unoccupied much like that in the parking garages. Arrived at Terminal D from Istanbul. There's a long walk to passport control. Passport Control took no more than 15 minutes. Baggage Claim was disappointing. The AC appeared to be not working as it was very warm. Baggage took almost an hour to be brought up and the luggage came out on two different adjacent carousels.
Date VisitMay 2022

"Unfortunately a bad experience at Dallas airport"

Not Verified | Unfortunately a bad experience at Dallas airport. From the review, this is a more common problem, which we also experienced today. We had a layover and had to continue after Cancun where we had 1 hour and 50 minutes. Due to the occupation at customs, it took too long after reporting to the staff several times, no action is taken to help. Immediately after flying we walked on to stand in line. After missing the flight, went after the service desk, no empathy was shown by the staff. Where they could still salvage something from the bad experience. If no solution was found, and the people from the service desk blame it on the government. The reputation has now been damaged where there were solutions to soften the notion, something of a comfortable place to sleep. If it is not possible to do this stopover, please do not offer it as this is a common problem.
Date VisitApril 2022