Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

"a great and frustrating airport"

Trip Verified | I don't know how many times I've flown into and out, and transited through, DFW in the last several years. I semi-joke that one has to transit through DFW to get to either Heaven or Hell, as one can easily see all walks of life represented in the customers in this airport. Heck, I even saw Trace Adkins (American country music star) standing around one time. But honestly, DFW is a great and frustrating airport simultaneously, I like it, but I neither love nor hate it. Despite its size, the terminals are all very well connected by a very modern tram, and are very modern and clean, yet each terminal feels like it's the size of the City of Fort Worth and often requires much walking once in the terminal. For another catch, the personnel in this airport lean toward the friendly side overall, but you never know if you're going to catch that one airline staff member who just enjoys barking at their customers (I'm looking at you, American Airlines!), or that one TSA officer who can't get over their breakup with their significant other last month. Personnel are either very helpful, or have the worst attitudes, and there isn't a lot of in-between. Aesthetically, this airport provides a beautiful, spacious, "Texas-sized" introduction to visitors to Dallas, Fort Worth, Texas, and the USA altogether. However, while signage anywhere you need to go within the terminals and around the airport property is ample, it can still be a chore to finally reach the always-slow baggage claim, then the car rental facility, or light rail (again, because of those long tram rides and long walks to anywhere). Lastly, as this airport is in the Dallas area, there's usually either a pushy nouveau-riche soccer mom or a testosterone-fueled redneck who doesn't travel much, who is impatiently trying to push ahead of other people in the airport, whether to order a burger, check a bag, or get on the plane. Something about Dallas, I tell you. This airport does much to make you go, "Wow!", before rendering you with such a mixed reaction.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"you either get barked at or mumbled at"

Trip Verified | I am so sick of TSA agents acting like they’re not employees. No one is on the same page, you either get barked at or mumbled at, and I find it annoying when they won’t even address you. A woman tried to move me through security with her eyes and then got upset when I wasn’t following her non verbal cues. However, I noticed she had no trouble speaking clearly to the gentleman after me or in assisting him with luggage retrieval. Please stop acting like your agents priorities are safety (it would be one thing if they actually took care of that), they are, instead, simply rude and this bunch would rather be surly, roll their eyes, and not speak or direct traffic. Even another agent was having trouble getting an answer from agents who were clearly new and didn’t know what they were doing during screening. Dallas Love is miles better.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"airport is very unclean"

Not Verified | This airport is very unclean. I understand it’s hard to clean an airport that has flights going in and out 24/7 but Mccarran Airport in Vegas probably has close to the same volume of people and manages to keep the place spotless. These people with the cleaning carts just aimlessly walk around and don’t make an effort. Cleanliness should be a top priority.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"the most unfriendly group of agents"

Not Verified | I wanted to relay my experience with the Dallas-Fort Worth airport, especially as it pertains to the TSA. I’ve been all over the place and seen a lot of rude TSA individuals, however this bunch really have it down to a science. They were absolutely the most unfriendly group of agents that I’ve ever seen. This must be where TSA sends the most crotchety agents to retire. “Get your tickets out, we’re not standing here making you sandwiches!”, exclaimed the TSA jerk in the middle of the line. The only individual not barking orders was the drug sniffing dog. Truly a horrible representation of the airport and the US. I will never go through Dallas-Fort Worth again. They need to fix that bunch.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"signs are horribly inaccurate"

Not Verified | The signs are horribly inaccurate and don’t represent actual roads. I went to parking for Terminal E for gate 13 and it shows 4 roads, with the left lane-splitting into parking with a big P for gates 1-10 and 11-38. There are 3 roads. So I took the left lane that splits off into two roads and stayed on the right. Nope, apparently you take the middle lane and just stay there. Makes zero sense. Whoever mapped out these signs has a horrible sense of understanding what a person who is driving for the first time will choose when the sign shows essentially 4 paths but there are only 3, and the left lane states parking but you have to go in the middle lane.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"the furthest thing from helpful"

Not Verified | Customer service was about the furthest thing from helpful. I needed help to make my connecting flight after some delays in my flight, but they didn’t even try to think of a way they could help me.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"worst terminal connecting buses"

Not Verified | By far the worst terminal connecting buses ever!! I waited 45 mins for 1 bus to show for term A. When he arrived he said he has just started, but every other terminal bus came by, 1 even twice before this guy shows up. All the other drivers were trying to call him he wouldn’t even answer! Horrible customer service
Date VisitNovember 2019

"currently on 45 minutes waiting for my bag"

Not Verified | I travel 100%, each week, no exceptions, worldwide. The baggage handling process at DFW is by far, the worst I’ve experienced, slow, priority bags processed like all others, inaccurate scanning, etc. Here’s the problem, there is nothing you can do about it! Thanks for listening (as I am currently on 45 minutes waiting for my bag).
Date VisitNovember 2019

"baggage delivery is the worst"

Trip Verified | I've flown all over the world and baggage delivery from flights at DFW is the worst. When you ask, you are told it could take an hour. This is what happens when unions run things.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"it utterly failed"

Trip Verified | This was my first experience with this airport. For a first impression, it utterly failed. It needs better signage. That would have completely altered this entire experience for the better. I tried parking in remote parking. I got turned around, twice, and was lucky it was not more. Remote parking is remote. Not quite Timbuktu, but by the time you figure out the signs, it feels similar. I ended up parking in the south remote parking. When I took the exit, there was a T in the road, and there was a sign that said this road this way, that road that way, and absolutely nothing about where I might find remote parking. Seriously. Nothing. I turned the wrong way, because I am an idiot sometimes, and Murphy has a law. Then the shuttle dropped me off at an elevator for E33 instead of E12. There was no signage for E12 anywhere. He said to go up the elevator and down the hall because he doesn’t stop down there. So I ran half a mile after the kiosk didn’t work (add on to all this I was later than planned, so couldn’t check-in at the kiosk to print my pass), and kept having to ask where it was I was going, as there were still no signs. I got my boarding pass and tried to find the right security. Those also are not signed. They make their employees answer the same questions all day every day from clueless people like me. I felt horrible. Angry (at myself and them). Frustrated. So frustrated. Stupid. Because DFW failed to properly communicate. They made it so difficult to have a smooth, calming experience. As a result, it shall take me a considerable amount of time to get this taste out of my mouth. Perhaps it will leave when they improve the usability of their signage. It would be such a simple fix! Until then, I shall try to find some redeeming quality. My fellow passengers seem nice. The sun is rising now, which looks quite beautiful. The temperature in here also seems decent. And there’s a pretty piece of bubble-like artwork at my gate that does a nice job of catching the eye.
Date VisitOctober 2019