Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

"rude and irritated at us"

Not Verified | It was 6am when we got in line at security. When we reached the podium my husband began to follow me and the TSA agent yelled at him saying "sir! Nuh uh one at a time!" I told her he was my husband and I had both our boarding passes on my phone. She asked a second time. "So you're together?" When I nodded she said, "Fine then scan it." I scanned mine then went to show her his she again scolded again and said "give me your thing" in a hurried tone. I made a guess that she wanted my ID and I gave my ID slowly and at this point very irritatedly. She was rude and irritated at us. I've been flying frequently for work for a year now and getting through security does not require this level of power-tripping rudeness.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"difficulty in finding the train"

Trip Verified | Finding the DART station for a train to downtown Dallas is confusing. I followed signs to “ground transportation” and was directed to a jitney and told to go to terminal A. The jitney driver was extremely unprofessional, did not announce information about stops, and yelled at me when I got off at the wrong terminal A stop. I was the only passenger boarding the train, which comes as no surprise given the difficulty in finding the train. Returning to the airport, I learned from another passenger that I could enter the airport at the train station and take the skylink to my terminal. Why isn’t skylink connection to DART listed clearly in airport signage? It is no wonder few people seem to take DART to downtown!
Date VisitNovember 2018

"attempt to call an airport"

Not Verified | I would rather be water boarded then spend 1 minute in DFW. I will pay extra and take extra flights to go around that place they attempt to call an airport.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"difficult to find two seats"

Trip Verified | Long lines at both standard and Pre-check lines in terminal C. This apparently was due to construction. It seems as if it could have been planned better. The pre-check line spilled out of the queuing area halfway down the hall. Signage to get to the proper line was poor and required asking directions of personnel rather than simply following the signs. Despite arriving at the gate over an hour and a half early, it was difficult to find two seats together for my wife and I. I would not say that the airport was filthy but it certainly does not look as if it has been cleaned up, particularly in the gate areas.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"modern, spacious and clean"

Not Verified | I visited Terminal D which is the international terminal. Aiport connectivity is excellent. The terminal is modern, spacious and clean. Security lines were really short. On the air side, there are plenty of restaurants, libraries and even boutiques! Duty free service is excellent!
Date VisitOctober 2018

"super efficient in retrieving it"

Not Verified | Thank you to the airport police who found my lost bag which I set under my seat and then moved away from. They were super efficient in retrieving it. Thank you too to the airline staff at a nearby counter who suggested airport police. By then I had tried the cleaning team, the lost property at several terminals, my own airline (who was boarding), and security. The staff suggested not to call the regular police but gave me the airport police number instead. The bag held my passport, airport police had recorded it but not paged me or liased with other departments, despite jet-lag memory fail I made my flight thanks to regular staff and am very grateful! PS Security trainee here gives overzealous pat downs as if ensuring all crevices are airtight and flightworthy. Avoid at all costs.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"Worst airport I've been to"

Not Verified | Worst airport I've ever been to. Myself and a few others missed our flight because the airport concierge told us the directions to the wrong gate when I showed him our itineraries. We then proceeded to ask for help and no one that worked there would help us and talked to us like they had no clue as to what needed to be done to get another flight out. Have to purchase another plane ticket out for three days from now. Also extremely hard to navigate this airport. Even the parking lot attendant gave me wrong directions on how to get out of the airport! Extremely dissatisfied. Won't refund my money and was charged for my bags that I had to wind up carrying the entire time!
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"confusing to navigate"

Not Verified | This is absolutely the worst airport I’ve ever had to use. It’s very difficult and confusing to navigate, directional signs inside and out are extremely vague. Decided to use valet parking because I was traveling with children and I had a broken arm. Valet is a joke! Made a valet reservation on the app and selected “yes” for the baggage assistance option. Pulled up to valet, was just stared at for a few seconds so I parked my own car! Then when I mentioned help with my luggage, the guy acted like he’d never heard of such a thing and asked what I wanted him to do because I’m just going “right there” as he pointed across the way to the airport! So not only did I have park my own car, but I had to trek the exact same distance as I would have if I just opted for self parking, and I’m trying to hold onto kids and drag a 50 lb suitcase to the terminal with a broken arm!! All while being charged $31/day! Upon return, my car had never even been moved. This lack of service cost me a total of $205! Someone please explain to me how this is valet? Contacted customer service, the guy said he couldn’t help me but would pass this on to his manager and she would call me back that day, that was four days ago. Regardless of the valet issue, DFW is awful, majority of employees I’ve encountered are rude, and everything about the airport makes travel very stressful. Dalas Love Field airport is my preference. Everything is easy and flows so smoothly there and all areas of customer service are wonderful!
Date VisitJuly 2018

"Process improvement needed desperately"

Not Verified | Entering from Europe with Mobile Pass. Supposed to be quicker than other options. Not here. Process was painful with those that were in charge of the lines and no throughput ideas. The Mobile Pass line was the slowest, when we finally got to the immigration officer he asked us for our passports. I thought the idea was "mobile" passport. I did not see why he needed to check these with as other cities do not. He also was very nice but painfully slow with chit chat. We were trying to make a connecting flight and wanted to just get they immigration. Those in charge need dedicated Mobile Pass lanes. There were families leaving Mobile Pass and going into the kiosk lanes as those moved quicker. Process improvement needed desperately.
Date VisitJuly 2018

"very difficult to navigate"

Not Verified | This airport is very difficult to navigate. The bathrooms smell and appear to never be cleaned beyond wiping the countertop and the toilets. The rental car return is beyond confusing. On the way to return my car I passed two areas for my rental agency that we’re not for the return. It is disorganized chaos, but it does have a great app that helps you to navigate the airport and track flights. Also there is only one area with tsa pre check in each terminal so regardless of where you think your gate is, you will likely have to trek to a different area to use pre check.
Date VisitJune 2018