Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

"a great place to arrive and depart from"

Trip Verified | There are so many negative reviews abut DFW that I wonder whether I'm at the same airport as some of those reviewers. It may be the other terminals are more perfunctory than Terminal D, international. In many trips through DFW I have not encountered a problem save the occasional wait at TSA security. Arrivals are a walk in the park. Like all security the world around, it becomes easy if you simply take your time, remove everything and just do what you are expected to do. No shouting or anger on either side. The food outlets in D are great although I have lounge access and so generally eat there. One thing missing is a good bookshop but that is being renovated and should be around soon. Compared to LAX and JFK, DFW is a paradise and in my view comparable to places like Changi and Hong Kong but without the crowds. What could be improved: DFW operator, please please put in a decent coffee shop so we don't have to put up with the brown stuff that masquerades as coffee. Otherwise a great place to arrive and depart from.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"a courteous manner costs nothing"

Trip Verified | I recently experienced one of the most aggressive and rude security experiences in all of my visits to the USA. I beeped coming through security and she yelled step out I didn’t understand so she got very loud and then yelled at my 14yr old who she had told to come through! I spoke to a supervisor but he also looked terrified of her. Such a shame when I had such a great impression of Dallas and Texans to have left under such a cloud. I fully understand that you are trying to keep people safe but a courteous manner costs nothing - not good to encourage visitors to Dallas area! So disappointing.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"an extremely rude and overtly condescending manner"

Trip Verified | My flight was delayed due to an emergency on the runway, that’s fine, I know stuff happens and there is no one at fault. I was flying into Dallas to transit for out of country travel. Anyways, due to the emergency, I missed my connecting flight out of country. American Airlines gave me a hotel for the night and rescheduled my flight for the following day. I lost my scheduled car rental day, hotel and a tour on my first day of vacation. After I returned to customer service post-trip, I tried to talk with one of the reps and was given some of the worst service I have ever experienced. Any question I had without hesitation was met with a head shake under the dismissal of “we don’t take care of that, headquarters does”. This was done in an extremely rude and overtly condescending manner. It’s fine if there’s nothing to do, but at least offer some alternatives and don’t make the customers pull teeth to find out information. I will not likely be recommending American to any of my friends or family.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"so dirty it is unbelievable"

Not Verified | I had a two hour layover at this airport. It is so dirty it is unbelievable and employees walking around seem lazy and like nobody cares. My far cry from the other airports in the US. They should be embarrassed here in Dallas!
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Never using this airport again"

Not Verified | The pure laziness and indifference by the baggage handlers at the baggage claim is embarrassing. I was waiting for 30 minutes for an oversized item to be delivered through the baggage claim, while the baggage handler walked around aimlessly. When I went to the desk to ask where my baggage was because I was going to my miss my connecting flight, the gentleman at the desk went and checked and turned out the conveyor was not turned off, and asked the moping rock head why it was turned off he just shrugged his shoulders like the neanderthal he is. My baggage was literally right behind the screen and I missed my flight by 30 minutes. Never using this airport again.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"the rudest I've ever experienced"

Not Verified | TSA has to be the rudest I've ever experienced. I've been to quite a few airports and this group of agents are nasty to everybody. They definitely need some better training.
Date VisitJune 2019

"will pay extra money to avoid Dallas"

Not Verified | This is the most backward operated airport that I have ever experienced. Delays, multiple gate changes, non smoking, and freezing air conditioning (June in Texas is 100 degrees outside) 55 degrees inside the airport. I will pay extra money to avoid Dallas in the future.
Date VisitJune 2019

"None of the underseat power supply ports worked"

Not Verified | None of the underseat power supply ports in the E terminal from 18-34 worked. It is difficult to believe that DFW has been designated as a highly rated international airport. We are from Minneapolis, and that is truly a first class airport! Things are actually maintained and work!
Date VisitApril 2019

"it was a very unpleasant experience"

Not Verified | It had been a long time since I had a layover at DFW and unfortunately it was a very unpleasant experience. The American Airlines terminal there was disgusting. It was a Tuesday morning and the restrooms in the A10 terminal waiting area were filthy with hair and faeces on the floor. The boarding/waiting area carpet was loaded with trash, spilled drinks and pieces of food on chair seats and carpet. We did not see any person in the act of cleaning anywhere nearby. Shame on you AA and DFW for your lack of cleanliness for your airline customers.

"experience was terrible"

Trip Verified | The service is awful. 2 men in uniform in terminal D had accents and didn't seem to fully understand me when I asked for help finding American Airlines desk to obtain boarding pass. The AA desk was empty. Then the TSA lady at check-in was rude and unfriendly complaining to her colleague next to her how she disliked her job as she checked my pass. The TSA staff at the scanners gave little guidance and talked over me. I rarely travel by plane and this experience was terrible.
Date VisitMay 2019