Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

"There is no meaningful signage"

Not Verified | I will never use this airport for arrivals or departures again. It took over an hour after we landed to get my luggage. And then it took about 30 minutes to get to the car rental terminal. In order to go back to the airport to pick up my family flying in on a different flight, I found I needed to know exactly which gate they were arriving into. That meant I had to wait for them to land and get off the plane. My plan was to park and go inside to help them with their luggage and the babies. But since I had no idea where to go before they landed, I barely was able to even get to the correct terminal and gate before they were trying to collect baggage by themselves - 2 babies and a mom. There is no meaningful signage to direct a person to car rental return location. And I asked 3 different employees how to get there - 2 Terminal Link drivers and a TSA agent who just happened to be on his lunch break, thank goodness. The 2 Terminal Link drivers had no idea. The TSA agent said he was pretty sure I would have to exit the airport then turn around. He thought the car rental return location was only outside the airport. Considering I had been driving around for what seemed like a lifetime, I did as he recommended. But the signs only said “rentals,” not “car rental return.” I followed this sign and ended up in front of the car rental terminal, not the right place. At first the Hertz agents tried to direct me to get back in their vehicle and drive somewhere else. I lost it. The agents then whispered to themselves - probably deciding if they needed the men to bring the white suits - but then one of them agreed to look at the vehicle and drive it to the correct location herself. I can’t say how much I appreciated that, I was so supremely frustrated at that point. But, seriously, never again will I put myself through this frustration.
Date VisitJuly 2021

"disappointed with their attitude"

Trip Verified | We arrived and missed a flight due to long lines at immigration. Our family got in another long line at guest services, as we just stepped out to purchase a drink while we waited. We got directed to TSA and they were extremely rude and talked back in an ugly way. We went back to get our Boarding passes (with missed flight time) went BACK to TSA and in their words they didn’t wanna deal with that situation and we could not even go back inside with the only boarding passes we had at the moment. Very disappointed with their attitude and how they handled the situation after traveling ALL DAY. Not only were we the only ones with the same situation, another male as well as a kid getting left out here by himself.
Date VisitJune 2021

"The driver was very curt and drove too fast"

Not Verified | I need a wheelchair to get through the airport and upon arrival from CMH a chair was waiting. When we got into the airport from the plane I had to get out of my chair and onto some kind of cart with 3 bench seats on each side. It was difficult stepping up onto the step to the bench seat. The seat was very narrow and did not have adequate hand holds. The driver was very curt and drove too fast for the amount of walking people, weaving around and making it hard to stay on the bench without sliding around. We arrived at an elevator and he told us to get off and go down and another cart would be waiting. We had to get off the cart and on to another cart. Then that driver did the same thing to us. Made us wait for another cart. Then a third cart arrived. At that point we chose not to get on that cart. I walked very slowly to our gate which thankfully wasn't very far. When someone needs a wheelchair it's because they can't walk far or not at all or their mobility is compromised. After we boarded our flight to Kona we had to exit the plane due to an electrical problem. When I exited the plane I told a flight attendant I needed a wheelchair. I waited outside the door for awhile and another attendant told me I needed to go back to the gate. I told her I needed a wheelchair. I ended up walking again back up the ramp where we waited 2 hours while the plane was being repaired. One of the gate attendants came and apologized and said they haven't been able to hire enough people. This was the worst experience I've had at any airport since I have had to use a wheelchair when flying.
Date VisitJune 2021

"I was so disappointed and enraged"

Not Verified | The dirtiest and rudest cleaning and airport staff. After a week away I was so disappointed and enraged by this place. Terminal D had no real food and no one to talk to. Charging ports were old and hard to reach.
Date VisitJune 2021

"the worst airport in America"

Not Verified | Once again this airport keeps its standing as the worst airport in America. Half hour lightning storm has now shut down airport for going on it’s third hour. Circled for 44 minutes sat out on tarmac for another 40 minutes and now no bags for 90 minutes and counting. Already have a hotel because these idiots can’t put you within half hour of your gate from the one you arrive in ever. Bigger and busier airports never run like this one. Avoid at all costs. Never again for me . I’ll pay more money to go elsewhere.
Date VisitJune 2021

"They have no customer service skills"

Not Verified | The staff here at Dallas Fort-Worth were completely rude! They have no customer service skills. When there is already rain and weather delays you would think they would be helpful but no they were completely rude and want you to go to a customer service center that line is a mile long. Has workers at a gate doing nothing but doesn’t want to help anyone. Just keeps running away and sending people to customer service. American Airlines is definitely not hiring quality that’s for sure.
Date VisitMay 2021

"The bathrooms are disgusting"

Trip Verified | Terrible. Security slow. TSA agents standing around doing nothing while limited lanes are utilized. The bathrooms are disgusting and the stall “monitor” is inaccurate. Running water at faucets - wasteful. Nasty stalls and soap dispensers empty.
Date VisitMay 2021

"What a pathetic excuse for an airport"

Not Verified | What a pathetic excuse for an airport. Plane landed at 7:30 pm and there was not a single restaurant open to grab dinner. What is the reason to have restaurants if you aren’t open past 6pm. Make your connection through another airport. I’ve seen small rural airports operate at a higher level than DFW.
Date VisitMarch 2021

"I'll never use this airport for anything again"

Trip Verified | Every time we have a connection to and from DFW it's delayed from this airport! Last time it took 10 min just to get someone to let us off the plane and we missed our connecting flight be 3 minutes and they wouldn't open the door with the plane still there. Whoever is in charge should get fired! We are now sitting in Seattle trying to get back to San Antonio and guess what? We're sitting in Seattle because DFW is holding us. Again! I'll never use this airport for anything again! We are going to miss our connecting flight again! Thanks DFW!
Date VisitDecember 2020

"I would definitely recommend this airport"

Trip Verified | Construction of a portion of the runway/taxiway caused a much longer taxiing time to the gate. Additionally, the layout of the taxiway caused another delay as the aircraft in front of ours was unable to move and we could not manoeuvre around. Inside the airport, however, was a different story. The SkyTrain was very quick and easy to access. We were in our departure terminal within minutes. The food options were quite diverse. Terminal C featured a TGI Friday, Chick-fil-a, Auntie Annie's, Pizza Hut, and McDonald's. I had never seen this many chain brands at an airport and was satisfied with the choices. Power outlets were available at certain spots, and some seats had footrests, which I have never seen before. The airport has good wifi and all other necessities needed even for a long layover, if you had to have a connection, I would definitely recommend this airport.
Date VisitDecember 2020