Dalaman Airport

"ne of the worst I have experienced"

Not Verified | Can only describe this airport as one of the worst I have experienced. Rude and aggressive airport staff, poor security, bad attitudes and terrible manners from Turkish Airlines staff. Horrid place. Avoid if possible.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"I was left shaken and crying"

Not Verified | Absolutely disgusted by the treatment of airport staff, rude and vile people. I set off the buzzer so sent me through again and buzzed again. Was man handled into x-ray which seemed fine. Went back to get my bag and was screamed at again to go over and get swabbed which was clear much to the staffs fury so they did it again, still clear and the staff screamed at me to go away lady. I was left shaken and crying, my son was traumatised and wouldn't leave my side after it. It ruined a great holiday and I will never set foot in this place again. Disgusting people!
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"disgusted at the treatment"

Not Verified | After spending a lovely week in Turkey I was disgusted at the treatment at the airport. All staff we came across were extremely rude. There are not enough toilets. One toilet for male and one female. They were dirty. Cost my husband €17 for a can of coke. Why all of a sudden did we have to pay in euros, when everywhere else is Turkish lira? So expensive. Not one member of staff we came across were pleasant. Spoilt my lovely week. Couldn’t wait to get out of Turkey. Staff need to be more friendly and they need to sort the toilet situation out and bring their prices down a a reasonable price.
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"benches can only be described as basic"

Trip Verified | Arrival: The airport gives an excellent impression of Turkey, quick, painless, simple, well sign posted. Departure: the airport falls down here and needs to be investigated as there are major problems. We were bussed to the airport in good time for our flight departed of 0120. However, earlier in the day the airline delayed the flight until 0705. So you had 160+ passengers camped out airside at the airport. The benches can only be described as basic. So to make our stay more enjoyable they turned the PA and piped music system up to full volume and every 30 minutes wake people and move them. I fully understand the need for airport and air travel security but what I have seen at this airport must breach the regulations. The third and final security check at the departure gate which according the Security Manger at the gate is at the request of the foreign governments. At this check the staff are wearing latex gloves but they then do a search and test but do not change the gloves before doing the next one, so they risk of cross contamination is very high.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"disgusting, rude, impatient people"

Trip Verified | We returned from Dalaman airport yesterday as we do every year, because we own an apartment there, but the experience at Dalaman Airport yesterday was horrendous. Every time we depart from Dalaman airport we find the staff very rude, miserable, not at all friendly. Yesterday I was travelling with my 13 year old autistic son and on entering the airport where you have to get your luggage scanned, I sent my daughter through first, my son second whilst I was loading cases on the scanner and as I turned around this security guard was body searching my son without my permission. My son has sensory issues with his autism and to have a complete stranger body searching him was too much for him to cope with. I turned around and shouted “stop stop”, “you need my permission first, give me time to explain to him what’s going to happen”, she said “we need to search him”, I said “that’s ok but give me time to explain to him why you’re doing this”. They were so rude and ignorant about it they just said “we need to search people”, I said “that’s ok, that is fine I understand but my son has autism I need to tell him what is going to happen”, they just threw their arms in the air and said “forget about it”. Obviously they have no understanding of people with autism but also too impatient to take time to help someone cope. My summary of the airport staff is, disgusting, rude, impatient people who need training in customer services and working with the public.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"the worst airport that I have travelled through"

Not Verified | This is possibly the worst airport that I have travelled through. The food and beverages are vastly overpriced with a basic bigmac meal being over £12.00. You are "randomly" selected for security searches and children are taken and searched without the parents consent. They can provide no basis for their "random" selection and rely on a default of "the British government says so". The staff are arrogant and apparently subject to no accountability.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"Dreadful restaurant choice"

Trip Verified | Arrival was quick, but finding a wc involved a cross continent trek. Leaving, a Q checkin nightmare, with Thomson staff completely out of their depth & incapable of communicating with public. Incompetent check in staff and broken equipment. Security after security check. Dreadful restaurant choice, the pits. Went to gate, again too few toilets & dirty, not maintained. Another security check, herded about with NO information. Board says to ask, so I asked. Zero reply. Just bureaucracy. RIP OFF for a bottle of water. Happy to leave.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Put us off ever returning"

Not Verified | Can only endorse everyone's complaints about this airport. 4 queues. Asked for passports and tickets each time. Searched, x-rays, hand luggage searched. Lastly prior to boarding. Totally unnecessary. Filthy inadequate toilets and facilities. Expensive food and drink. Insufficient seating. No air conditioning. A totally third world experience. Put us off ever returning.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Very disappointed with this new terminal"

Trip Verified | I used this new terminal expecting it to be better than the old one, how wrong I was. You have to walk vast distances in this airport to get anywhere and at 75 years old it was very tiring for me. The food outlets are expensive and the toilets (when you find them) are a disgrace. There are not enough clear signs directing you to gates, toilets. Very disappointed with this new terminal, it is certainly not an upgrade on the old one. Because of the vast walking distances Travelator’s should have been installed. Most of the staff are miserable and quite rude.
Date VisitMay 2019

"50 minutes for our luggage"

Trip Verified | Do not use this airport!! We have waited more than 50 minutes for our luggage. Kids buggies were left last so we had to sit 50 minutes with kids in our arms and wait for luggage. Hope they will see this review and improve
Date VisitJune 2019