Dalaman Airport

"Very disappointed with this new terminal"

Trip Verified | I used this new terminal expecting it to be better than the old one, how wrong I was. You have to walk vast distances in this airport to get anywhere and at 75 years old it was very tiring for me. The food outlets are expensive and the toilets (when you find them) are a disgrace. There are not enough clear signs directing you to gates, toilets. Very disappointed with this new terminal, it is certainly not an upgrade on the old one. Because of the vast walking distances Travelator’s should have been installed. Most of the staff are miserable and quite rude.
Date VisitMay 2019

"50 minutes for our luggage"

Trip Verified | Do not use this airport!! We have waited more than 50 minutes for our luggage. Kids buggies were left last so we had to sit 50 minutes with kids in our arms and wait for luggage. Hope they will see this review and improve
Date VisitJune 2019

"disgusted at the treatment given"

Not Verified | I wish to say that I am pretty disgusted at the treatment given to me at Dalaman airport on Friday 7th June this year. Was travelling back with husband after a lovely holiday in Oludeniz, had already been through 2 security checks with no problems, then had to endure a 3rd at the gate, my husband was waved through, but they stopped me and asked me to empty my handbag and hand luggage which I was happy to do. They swabbed and found a trace of something flammable, I had no idea what this could be, but a very verbally aggressive male security guard shouted at me that they were going to search again, my husband tried to intervene to tell them that I was autistic and therefore finding it stressful, but the guard shouted at him that he was speaking to me, not him. Eventually they found it was a tiny avon perfume sample in my make up bag that I had forgotten was there, all in all a very stressful experience after a lovely relaxing holiday, I know they have a job to do, but dont think it was necessary to be quite so rude to someone with obvious difficulties.

"Cafe counters understaffed"

Trip Verified | Only one toilet for the entire departure terminal? During holidays. What sort of customer service are they offering their passengers. Cafe counters understaffed and too expensive.
Date VisitJune 2019

"extremely upset at the staff"

Not Verified | I was extremely upset at how the staff at this Airport treated our 14 year old daughter as well as myself and husband. After 2 weeks unwinding in Turkey, our holiday was ruined just as were trying to board the plane. After going through the numerous main security checks, a further ‘random’ security check were being carried out on persons handpicked by the security staff. Our 14 year old daughter was plucked from us by an incredibly rude member of the security staff and ordered her to join a line up for a further security check. Her bag was rifled through by members of staff, who had no respect for her personal belongings. Her personal possessions were swabbed as well herself being swabbed, which is incredibly invasive for anyone, let alone a 14 year old girl who has been taken from her family in a crowded airport with no explanation. Unbelievable, before invading her personal belongings and personal space, at no point were we, the parents, asked for consent in this intrusive search method to take place. Whilst the above as taking place, I attempted to ask what the extra checks were looking for, as any concerned mother would. However, due to the language barrier, I was greeted with a tirade of angry shouting and myself and my husband were being physically pushed away from our daughter by the security staff. As this was taking place, we heard the last call for our flight to Birmingham over the Airport tannoy. The security staff continued to push us towards the gate and told us to get on the plane without our daughter. What parent in their right mind would leave their 14 year old daughter to be searched in a foreign airport and board their flight home? We were gobsmacked and prospect of missing our flight increased the intensiveness of the situation. It almost seemed like there was an ulterior motive to the search. Before this experience, my daughter was very wary of flying and being able to come on this holiday was a massive step in resolving her reservations of flying. However after this experience, her anxiety is still at an all-time high, even after having been back in England for 4 days.
Date VisitMay 2019

"security was rude, arrogant"

Not Verified | We were told to go to Gate 40A. When we got there told the TUI plane was late and gate 40A still had Jet2 passengers in there. Told to come back later. Paid exorbitant prices for drinks while waiting at the new terminal. No toilet tissue, not checked regularly. Finally got into Gate 40A for men and women to be separated for yet another security check. Third one. The security was rude, arrogant and just in the wrong job. Couldn't speak much English, didn't ask, just ordered. Pulled everything out of bags, ordered iPads to be removed from covers. Had no respect for passengers or their items. You don't have to go through these unrelenting, ongoing security checks at Egyptian or Tunisian airports, so this is really off-putting. We don't have to go through this in English airports. If Dalaman needs to do all these checks then again at the Gate then they need to get rid of the current female and replace her with a respectful and more professional woman.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Dalaman is one expensive airport"

Not Verified | Having recently found this site Id like to submit my view of Dalaman airport. The airport is the arrival point for a lot of holiday makers to the mediterranean areas such as Marmaris, Icmeler and Dalyan to name a few. Arrival is usually an uneventful process with maybe a minor delay at immigration mainly due to missing e-Visas. Baggage claim is speedy without delays. Departure - The thing to be aware in Turkey is that often there’s a baggage check on entering the terminal as well as the normal security check. Often there’s a queue at checkin due to all transfers arriving at the same time. This also leads to some queuing at security but nothing major. Staff at these areas however are polite. The airport has shops and duty free along with Cafes and Burger King. However be aware. Dalaman is one expensive airport. Make sure you have plenty Turkish Lira left or your bank card. I would go so far as to say an in flight meal works out better value than eating in the airport. The terminal is hot in the height of summer so you will need to buy water etc. Personally I’d rather wait as long as possible before going through to departures. Dalaman is expensive but it’s worth it to visit such a beautiful area of Turkey.
Date VisitJune 2018

"wondering what just happened"

Trip Verified | We travelled from the UK out to Dalaman with few problems. We had a fantastic family holiday at the Hilton Hotel Dalaman, where all staff fantastic. The problems were all in regard to the jouney home through Dalaman Airport. We had private transfers and arrived with 3 hours to spare, which I am glad we had as it took all of our available time to get through the multiple queues and checks. We were travelling with two young children, 6 and 3, we queued for an hour to check our bags in and unfortunately over the four checked bags were 4kg over on our weight, I understand this adds cost to fuel etc, however the £48.00 charge was not simple to pay. Instead of being able to pay on a card like is usually the way now days, I had to leave my wife and children at the counter, walk the length of the terminal to find a cash machine, which only paid out in TL, but the check in desk wanted British pounds, so then had to find the exchange desk, ask for the amount of TL I would need to withdraw to cover the exchange back into British pounds incurring charges. Meanwhile my wife had here passport taken away and told she would not get it back unless we paid the money, please bear in mind the bags had already been tagged and sent. This was not a smooth operation and felt like a scam. Once this ordeal was over we moved onto passport control, 30 min queue, no issues at this point. Onto a second security scan and check, another 20-30 min wait, at this point the security gaurd found it funny to joke with me that there was a problem with one of the bags and it needed to go back through the scanner, I asked what the problem was and she spoke back to me in Turkish and just pointed at the scanner, I made it clear I did not understand what she was saying/asking of me, did it need to go back through the scanner? At this point she switch to English and said, (no problem you can go) and laughed, as in it was funny to give me a bit of hard time (what was all that about). Meanwhile my wife is waiting with our two young boys at the side wondering what is going on. Next stop was the rip off food area, all in Euro's and nowhere to sit, did not wait here long and thought best to head for the gate and just try and chill for a moment and sort the kids out. At the gate (34) another security check, this time wife and children were taken to one side and I was searched, swabbed for what ever knows and the bag was empitied, even though been through two scanners already. Finally we were through and sitting for about 15 mins waiting to embark the plane wondering what had just happened.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"just simply awful"

Not Verified | Just the most awful airport in the world. I will never travel back to Turkey. Food expensive, disgusting toilets, no seats, queues, just simply awful. Spoilt my holiday.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"all staff were rude"

Trip Verified | Very poor customer service, which included breach of confidentiality and security. For example, searched/emptied bags in trays and repacked mine with another persons boarding card and passport. This left me having to seek out someone who would understand 30 mins before the passengers scheduled flight. This was more difficult to explain from language barrier and when the penny dropped them rushing off to try and ensure the person got their flight. In addition, due to being a blue badge holder and requiring assistance - all staff were rude and if it is not their specific job role or airline nobody is prepared to assist in anyway - just say nothing to do with them and walk off. No email address appears available for customer service as the the one online just bounces back and I wonder why.
Date VisitSeptember 2018