Corfu Airport

"Pleasant experience"

Not Verified | Read lots of reviews night before we flew home and was really worried bout how the experience was going to be. Need not have worried. From getting off our coach it took 15 mins to be checked in and through security and waiting at the gates. Pleasant experience on arrival and departure. Well done.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"security staff were extremely rude"

Not Verified | The security staff were extremely rude. I am flying twice a week internationally from airport that are known to be very strict from a security point of view and I have never been treated like this. Although I have done my best to have to determine what are the rules and saw they need to see our boarding cards and passports before they scan anything. When I showed them my boarding card and passport I was told no they don’t want to see it and then seconds later got told off for not showing it. My husband forgot his mobile in his pocket and took it out before the body scan. The absolute annoyance was clearly visible on security’s face. I do appreciate they do it for our safety and that is why I always go above and beyond to do as told, but then don’t be rude to my family or to me.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"What a complete fiasco this airport is"

Not Verified | What a complete fiasco this airport is. We had to use this airport as we were joining and leaving a Marella cruise ship at this location. 3 hours queing including 1 hour standing in the parking area, from being dropped off by our transfer coach to get to the boarding gate which was loading by the time we got there. (Didn't even get to use a toilet because of the chaos). No seating for the elderly / disabled. Looking around the place, I am doubtful that it even complies with EU safety regulations. In the event of an emergency situation, this airport is a disaster waiting for somewhere to happen. To the Greek Tourism Minister I would say - Why are you allowing such an appalling situation to continue, when tourism is the life blood of the Greek economy? In conclusion I will say that in over 40 years of using airports around the world (including some so called 3rd world states) this is my worst airport experience ever. I most certainly will never return to Corfu in the future nor will I choose to join a cruise ship based there - Cruise Companies and Greek Tourism Authority please take note!

"Absolute nightmare"

Not Verified | Absolute nightmare. Hour and half to get through security and passport control. Almost missed flight. 2 passport control officers for hundreds of people. Get there well ahead of time. Staff are useless.

"utter, utter shambles"

Not Verified | Complete bedlam - utter, utter shambles. Arrived at 10:10am for a 12:25 flight and at 12:10 was still trying to get through security. Queues everywhere - we even queued to actually get into the airport - and the line for security was utterly ridiculous - people pushing in causing arguments, people stressed, worried about missing flights, tempers frayed, only one member of staff so absolutely no organisation. Felt really sorry for the elderly people and those with small kids. When you get to security you could see staff casually texting on their phones while there is a one hour queue in front of them - as the island pretty much depends on tourism you'd think they would have some degree of thought for those that use the airport to get in and out. This experience alone puts me ever going back to the island.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"it was a complete and utter shambles"

NotVerified | Transited Corfu Airport on Friday 9th August 2019 and it was a complete and utter shambles. We were booked on a flight to Edinburgh at 14.55 and we and other passengers who were on the same package holiday were still trying to clear Security at 14.40 after being dropped off on a bus an hour earlier! Needless to say no one was around to help or advise but fortunately they delayed the plane, aging passengers who were trying to transit through the system were totally stressed out by this experience. Somewhat disconcerting to see fire alarm detectors etc. disconnected and hanging off walls! Avoid Corfu at all costs!
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Total bedlam. No organisation"

Not Verified | Total bedlam. No organisation. Conveyor belts broke down arriving and departing!! Very intimidating and grumpy staff! They wouldn’t have a job if it wasn’t for tourists, they want to remember that. I will not be back to Corfu. The airport is enough to put anyone off! Get it sorted
Date VisitAugust 2019

"lack of seating is astounding"

(Czech Republic)

Trip Verified | Positives: it’s clean, air conditioned, the security line moves surprisingky quickly, and the employees are efficient and friendly. Negatives: The lack of seating is honestly astounding. There are more people sitting on the ground than in chairs - all of which are full - and twice as many again standing for lack of ground seating space. The duty free and refreshment options are really, surprisingly minimal and space-wise inadequate for the number of passengers. I’m just stunned they don’t, a) immediately install more seating (there’s space available), and expand the terminal outwards and upwards.

"No organisation whatsoever"

Trip Verified | The worst experience at an airport as of yet. We came to the airport 3-4 hours in advance and the queues were hectic. No organisation whatsoever. The police were intimidating and the staff were the most unfriendly I've ever come across. We sat directly next to our gate and missed our delayed flight because they did not announce that the plane was boarding so we asked the woman working there if she could direct us to who would help and she wouldn't even look at us and refused to help us. We kept asking the workers there but it seemed none of them wanted the burden of helping us. We asked why they didn't announce the flight and they said that it's a small airport and sometimes they don't make such announcements. Worst experience at an airport ever with the most unfriendly and unhelpful staff.

"Utter bedlam"

Trip Verified | Absolute shambolic disgrace. 19/7/2019. Arrived 10.45 and queued outside the airport for 20 minutes (Manchester Flight). Entered the main bag drop and check in, queued for another 30 minutes. Joined the queue for security check, 90 minutes later we got to the scanning security, only two scanners as I remember (temperament very thin by this time) in operation. No time to eat, drink or duty free, no spare time, straight onto the plane. First and last visit to this hell hole airport. Please be warned, arrive hours in advance of main flights and avoid Friday. Utter bedlam.