Corfu Airport

Corfu Airport customer review

Avoid if you can. We just returned from there 2 days ago. Unfriendly rude staff. Chaos everywhere. A huge queue to pass security and passport control. Once you finally pass it you find crowds of people from about 15 different flights all cramped in a small waiting room and there are only 5 departure gates. My boyfriend and myself wanted to sit next to each other in the waiting area as our flight was in 2 hours. We couldn't find 2 seats next to each other. Children were crying. People pushing each other as there is enough space to even walk around. Only one coffee shop to buy something to drink. Forget if you are hungry. One type of a small sandwich (5 euros!) and it wasn't fresh. Over priced shops.

Corfu Airport customer review

Pretty poor airport but it does the important things ok. Food and drink wise there is a cafe/bar landside and some sort of Taverna outside but all you have airside is a smallish outlet serving sandwiches/pies and drinks (if you're lucky) and unbelievably doesn't accept cards of any type. Worse than that there is no allocated seating beyond a few small stands. Just to round things off the staff were rude and miserable. There is no cash machine airside nor is there a drinking fountain should you get thirsty and have no Euros. On top of that you are packed in with far too many people for the seating available. There are a couple of duty free shops. Thankfully there is air conditioning or it would be pretty unbearable. If you are a smoker then get your fix before you go through security if you have a long wait for your flight as there is no smoking anywhere. Note take no notice of your holiday rep telling you to queue outside. It'll be boiling hot and there is nothing to stop you waiting in the air conditioned terminal or going to the cafe upstairs. A pretty poor show for such a busy (at least in season) airport. Corfu is not some small little island that only sees a flight a day and it should have an airport that is appropriate to modern needs. Having said that Greece is really going through it at the moment so nothing much is going to change anytime soon. It won't bother me though I'm not going back to Corfu again. It's a tatty old place these days and there are far better places to spend your holidays.

Corfu Airport customer review

Really rude staff made to pay for excess baggage 180 euros even though we had group booking and did not have to pay on the way out. Our Thomas Cook rep said it was okay to weigh all cases together once at airport but staff made me pay for my bag individually. Will not travel to this airport again.

Corfu Airport customer review

Airport a shambles we had to stand outside in a queue for about an hour with our 8 year old grandson in the midday heat then in a queue to check in then a long queue for passport control - in total about 2 hours. When finally in departures had time just to get some water before boarding. Lovely island but won't be back because of airport need to be at least twice the size for volume of people.

Corfu Airport customer review

We arrived in Corfu from London Gatwick with Tor Air as soon as we arrived we disembarked onto a nice air conditioned bus which carted us to the terminal. On entry to the terminal the ground staff were friendly asking if we needed assistance. Everything fine in Arrivals picked bags up which was a 10 minute wait from Aircraft to carousel. Went to the rental car kiosks no problems. On the way back check in was swift and pleasant security clearance was a breeze oh and the Aircraft was early and we boarded and left early. All in all couldn't fault Corfu Airport and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Corfu Airport customer review

Horrible airport surly staff. We queued for hour and half in the sun just to get inside. When we did I was subjected to an aggressive body search (I am a 56 year old woman) and told to empty my hand luggage. I refused had had enough of their treatment and told them so. I was allowed through.

Corfu Airport customer review

Just returned from a cruise of the Greek islands with our flight back from Corfu airport. Again we had to queue outside in midday heat to get inside taxi drivers were on strike and all walking about the main stretch. Inside we stood in a queue to have our cases weighed very surly staff with no greeting. I had an excess baggage charge which shocked me I was told I could not have my boarding card and sent to an empty booth for 20 mins until a woman told me I owed 48 Euro for my baggage slapped the change down and walked off. Once through and heading to our gate boarding cards were torn off without a smile or even looking at the passengers while talking to another staff member. It left a bad taste in our mouth we shall avoid this airport from now on.

Corfu Airport customer review

Just returned from Paleokastritsa - in 1971 the terminal building was merely a small villa type dwelling where you passed through customs and they crossed your case with chalk I understand the building is still there. No hassle or queuing in those days and then off in an awaiting taxi to the destination. May 2011 we find hoards of people congregating outside the terminal. Once inside the arrivals/departure hall was far too small. Large numbers of people with children had to wait outside the main departure hall in temperatures of 30+C. Once inside the departure hall it was chaos. People checking in were mixing with people waiting to enter Passport Control and you just could not find the end of the line you needed to get into. Airline reps were ushering people in all different directions and at one stage we came to a halt because people outside were given priority to go through Passport Control as a last call for their flight to Manchester was announced over the intercom system it was an utter shambles. Anyway after an hour and a half we finally managed to get into the departure lounge exhausted but thankful we allowed sufficient time to check in. For a holiday destination where some areas of the island were not officially open until June we were amazed at the number of people departing on one day.

Corfu Airport customer review

The arrivals/departure hall was obviously far too small for the volume of traffic. Large numbers of people had to wait in line outside the main departure hall in temperatures of 38C. Once inside found the departure hall to be total chaos. The staff points were rude and unhelpful even snatching the passports and tickets from our hands in an aggressive manner. The prices for food etc were a joke with the staff adopting a couldn't care less attitude. I will never book a holiday via this airport again - without doubt the worst we have used.

Corfu Airport customer review

There are good and bad points for CFU. The major change is the attitude of the staff - obviously the Greek economic crisis has made the staff worried about their jobs but they are not winning friends with a 'why are you coming to our airport' attitude . Still have to queue outside but the Thomson Airways staff did their best to minimise the hassle.