Corfu Airport

"No Covid19 safety measures at this airport"

Not Verified | Wow, the worst Greek airport, and that includes Santorini airport last year 2019. Arriving at the airport you are funnelled over by a tape barrier to one single person scanning the barcode to see if you will get tested or not, 1 person to scan the phones for almost 200 people coming in on a flight! I can imagine having to queue all the way back to the runway if another flight arrives! Everyone is made to walk through where the medical staff are shoving cotton swabs down your throat so every passenger gets to see someone being made gag during these tests! No privacy! Departing the airport thankfully I checked in no bags, made my way through a 1km tape barrier to the security bag check which was fine. Once through the check there's only one duty free place operating and 1 or 2 tills so you have a long wait to buy anything, not worth it! The issues only begin there! At the time there was 2 flights to London, one to Glasgow, one to Dublin, and I think another also, so you have almost 1,000 people in a queue that goes all the way around the terminal and you have to queue to get through a ridiculous passport check with only two police personnel checking passports, dozens of people trying to get to their flight before it took off, so the police passport checkers had to come out and push people back, an absolute disgrace. 100's of people in danger of missing their flights, aircraft departures being delayed, all because of zero management of the queue. No Covid19 safety measures at this airport, no hand wash or sanitizing stations, no social distancing, no queue management, people on top of each other trying to get to their boarding gates on time. This airport should be reported to EASA and subject to a full safety review, a disgrace!
Date VisitSeptember 2020

"I found all the check in staff rude"

Not Verified | I found all the check in staff rude. They were giggling throughout, talking to their colleagues in their language, not even basic hello, bye, just a whole bunch of looking at my family like we were aliens. My children have Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy which is a life limiting muscle wasting disease and I feel bad enough but then a complete bunch of strangers looking and laughing in my direction didn’t help me. Customer service training is needed for the staff at Corfu airport. One Male staff not behind the desk was actually kind enough to help us, thank him only. Departure date was Sunday 18th August 2019, there was wheelchair assistance onto the aircraft for my son who can’t walk and is in a wheelchair. The one star is for the kind man that helped us.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

""unprofessional and extremely rude"

Trip Verified | After landing to Corfu airport and waiting in the queue for the passport checks, I had 4 baggages and there was no free trolley. I was waiting 30 minutes for someone to bring one as I request it and when I complained to a manager she didn't even apologize, she was rude and very unhelpful. I had to take my bags one by one to take them out and find a taxi to leave. The staff was unprofessional and extremely rude. I was very disappointed.
Date VisitJuly 2020

"Queues for everything"

Trip Verified | Arrived on 27/9. Queues for everything. Delays not too long however. At passport control the official never looked at me, his head resting on one hand he waved me off dismissively with the back of the other. No check on passport. Departing was a whole different scenario. Arriving at the airport we found approx. 6 queues outside on the pavements. We were instructed by a holiday rep., to join one. After 30 mins., waiting in the sun we were directed into the check in area. I could then see why we were left outside. There was no way the hall could have held all the people waiting outside. Another queue of 20 minutes to check in. We were then directed to security, not difficult to find, it was right behind us and stretched for 30 yards ahead, approx., 10 people wide. We were constantly told by staff to 'Move up, move up' There was no place to go. The same staff constantly came into the queue shouting 'Make way, make way' as they led people with mobility issues or with small children through the queue to the front. Eventually we reached the front after 25 minutes of shuffling forward, herded together like animals. Staff were asking to look at boarding cards and passports before passing through the screening process. I offered mine, the staff member looked away, and I received the same backhand wave as I had at Immigration on the way in to the Country. I was motioned forward to go through the scan. Someone shouted at me from the adjacent scanning position, took my passport and boarding card, threw it into one of their plastic tubs and placed it on their conveyor. I now had my belongings going through two separate scanners. Into the departure area, utter bedlam. Totally overcrowded, No seats. Not at all easy to get information from screens. Once again queues for absolutely everything. Stood for 90 minutes before being called to board. Luckily? Our flight was delayed by just over an hour. Otherwise I am sure it would have left without us. As we were boarding I overheard someone say that they had found seating on an upper level. No signs anywhere to say so. Toilets were indicated by an arrow a scrap of paper (one only) stuck to a pillar. An absolute nightmare!
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Staff are always helpful"

Not Verified | This is a small airport which you should expect for the size of the island. Staff are always helpful. The airport is currently undergoing major refurbishment which does impact on the available services.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"This facility is appalling"

Not Verified | This facility is appalling, a lack of ‘everything' from seating upwards, and the prices for tea/coffee soft drinks and basic food is extremely high. When you find somewhere to sit you probably won’t be able to see departure boards as there didn’t seem to be many.. As a BA club traveller on this occasion, a BA dedicated lounge would have been nice.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"we have nothing negative to report"

Not Verified | We were worried about what we would find, especially coming home but our experience was possibly the best in the last 26 years of using this airport. We arrived on 2nd September, on time with Jet2, and were quickly through security/baggage reclaim. We asked our holiday villa rep how things had been and she pulled a face, said it had been up and down. We arrived on 9th September to fly home, allowing an extra half hour, but found the check in (luggage taken from us there - not another desk) to be speedy and the security line to be fast moving. Once through into the departure lounge, we saw a great improvement in the former cattle truck conditions. More seating and an upstairs snack bar. New toilets throughout - spotless - and I never thought that I would say that. Perhaps we just hit it on a good day but we have nothing negative to report. Departure on time - thanks Jet2 - and arrived early at our destination.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"staff don’t know what they are doing"

Not Verified | It used to be simple to travel through this airport, but since it has been taken over the car park has moved and the chaos that ensued inside is an absolute disgrace. The staff don’t know what they are doing, the management do not have enough staff on duty and there are no effective systems and processes to manage the flow of people. Security was a joke - having queued for 2 hours to get the bags in we then had to queue again for security and then again for passport control - you will need at least 3 to 4 hours to get your plane on time. Photo shows queue for security.

"Surly staff yelling"

Not Verified | Horrific! Surly staff yelling like its a concentration camp, pulled my bag apart. Pushed infront of me as I bent down to collect my belongings. Will never come here again after airport treatment.

"Pleasant experience"

Not Verified | Read lots of reviews night before we flew home and was really worried bout how the experience was going to be. Need not have worried. From getting off our coach it took 15 mins to be checked in and through security and waiting at the gates. Pleasant experience on arrival and departure. Well done.