Copenhagen Airport

"Security takes forever"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | The pre-departure waiting area is without chairs. People have to sit on the floor while waiting for boarding. Seating area is closed and people are not allowed to be there. Security takes forever, liquids are limited to whatever fits in a tiny plastic bag - e.g just toothpaste and shampoo and all else must be thrown away.
Date VisitApril 2022

"Terrible security control"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Terrible security control, zero efficiency. No where to pack out your liquids before the screening just outside but from there it took 30 minutes before you can put your stuff on the conveyor belt. Slow and rude personnel with zero sense of urgency. Also had 1 roll on that didn’t fit in the One small plastic bag. So they took that one. I have never experienced before that I can’t have 2 small bags either.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"a decent airport experience"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Efficient public transport options with either metro, bus, train or taxi. Walking to the check-in in Terminal 2 from the metro/train station entrance can be a bit lengthy. The last times I've traveled through Copenhagen Airport it has been a maximum of 10 minutes from check-in to through security, which is very nice! There can be a bit of walking involved to your gate if it's far away. Water and drinks can be very expensive if you don't buy it in tax-free. Overall a decent airport experience.
Date VisitFebruary 2022

"security line was 70 minutes long"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Outgoing flight on 23rd December. The security line was 70 minutes long due to the airport running 1/5 of the available security screening stations. After one hour and exorbitant lines they opened one more screening station. Outgoing flight was then delayed 1 hour on the tarmac due to the runway being cleaned up from slush. Weather conditions were average for Copenhagen that day, yet it easily managed to overwhelm the airports capacity. Incoming flight was on 27th of December. After landing aircraft was delayed on the tarmac for 40 minutes because there was no space available - apparently other vehicles were parked in the designated zone.
Date VisitDecember 2021

"The staff are very friendly"

Trip Verified | I had an overnight stay at CPH and I really fell in love with it. Kastrup has a good layout with large security checkpoints, many shops and restaurants and (at least the modern ones) beautiful gate areas. The staff are very friendly and you have good views on the runway. Perfect location close to the city centre and you have good connections by Railway, Metro and Motorway. Only the bag claim area and the old Int’l Gates are a bit dirty and outdated.
Date VisitJuly 2020

"it's unpleasant and there's nothing to do"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stay away from this airport. 1) The staff are rude & they treat passengers like cattle , they show zero respect and they often shout and are very hostile 2) Passport control people are lazy and they ask a ton of unnecessary questions 3) I flew to Dubai and I found the check in ladies very pleasant and had great manners, the only thing which I found good in the airport. 4) Duty free is closed and the selection of restaurants is very limited! You only have joe and the juice (Scandinavian smoothie cafe) and an extra small coffee shop. 5) Depressing airport with a very bad wifi connection and the toilets are disgusting! I hope they step up their hygiene game! To sum it up it's a better idea to fly from Stockholm or Berlin but avoid Copenhagen because it's unpleasant and there's nothing to do.
Date VisitDecember 2020

"I had to walk a lot"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | It is another busy and crowded airport of Europe. Very big airport but I had to walk a lot to go to the boarding kiosk. Food and other shops are there, price is high as usual. It is almost inside the Copenhagen city and well-connected by link Metro trains.
Date VisitJune 2019

"Health and safety gone mad"

Not Verified | We have 2 year old twins and always bring our Uppababy Vista through to the gate, where we leave it by the aircraft. We were shocked to be informed (rudely), that we could not bring our buggy through to the gate, as airport staff are not insured to carry it into the hold of the aircraft! We were advised by a manager that there would be buggies waiting for us after security. However, we did not find any buggies, until we arrived at the gate, having carried our twins and hand luggage all the way! This is a hopeless and crazy situation, which means, we will not travel in or out of this airport again. What nonsense that staff is not insured to handle our buggy?! Well, insure them and train them to carry out a job and a service, which allows parents with kids to travel with dignity. Health and safety gone mad?
Date VisitDecember 2019

"It was a terrible place"

Not Verified | I had a connecting flight in Copenhagen and had to recheck my bags. They pulled me in a room and put my suitcase through a scanner. I had two hunting knives in my bag. They took both knives because they are illegal in Denmark, apparently, and wouldn't let me keep them even though I was just rechecking my bags right away. They kept on saying, "it's not a layover because you're rechecking your bags." This was rude and completely besides the point that they took my property when I was just connecting to another airline. After checking my bag in, I went for a walk and the city was filthy around the airport. The restaurant I went to had trash on the tables and the streets were just littered with garbage. It was a terrible place, even to have a connecting fight and will be avoiding this airport in the future.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"a nice airport to fly in and out"

(Myanmar)

Trip Verified | Arriving from JFK via Premium service. Luggage came out reasonably quick. The train connection to Malmo Sweden is quite convenient and stepping out following the signage. Departing - was able to check in from the Central train station. Got my boarding pass from checkin kiosk. Regular city Metro takes to the airport. Security clearance was quite efficient. Airport ambiance is quite nice (with hard wood flooring!) CPH is a nice airport to fly in and out with convenient public transportation and not too far from city center.
Date VisitOctober 2019