Cluj-napoca Airport

"no Hungarian language signs"

Not Verified | This Transylvanian Airport is discriminating against the local Hungarian speaking population. There are no Hungarian language signs, they deliberately do not hire Hungarian speakers, they have no announcements in Hungarian and you cannot even buy a Hungarian newspaper, despite Kolozsvár / Cluj having a Hungarian daily paper. It is unacceptable that an international airport allows such discrimination against the Hungarian population who are the second largest community in the region. Wizz Air should be more proactive in support of minority rights.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"security staff are extremely rude"

Trip Verified | Airport security staff are extremely rude to passengers. I have been asked to remove my shoes and put on those blue foot covers. At the end when I removed them I looked everywhere for a sign where to dispose of them. Nothing was marked accordingly, so I left them in the crate. One member of stuff shouted at me telling me that I should not leave my rubbish behind. First of all, it was not my rubbish, its airport rubbish, secondly they did not give you indication where to dispose of them (as she indicated me to put them in an unmarked bin) and thirdly there was no need to be rude and shout because I did not guess between all the unmarked bins scattered everywhere Which one is the correct one. From all airports I have been, the security staff in Cluj-Napoca is the worst.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"Rudeness everywhere"

(Iceland)

Not Verified | Rudeness everywhere no matter how calm, composed and polite you are to the airport staff. Same goes for the cafes and the store. I don't need the red carpet, I don't need pampering, I don't need empathy, I demand manners.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"I'm still very upset"

Not Verified | Baggage drop off was quick and easy. Very small airport but easy to navigate. The security woman who I dealt with was extremely rude. She yelled at me once in Romanian then twice in English to put my shoes in a bin. She then continued to yell at me to go through the metal detector. I asked why she was yelling at me but didn't say nothing. She then told me to go back through the metal detector again because of my belt. I know she was trying to do her job but I felt really embarrassed that she yelled at me because I didn't know Romanian. My husband did tell her after she was being rough with me. I'm still very upset.
Date VisitMay 2019

"I want to make a complaint"

Not Verified | I want to make a complaint but cannot find the page for the 'security department' I understand security and comply to the rules. I packed my bags accordingly. The scenario is: I have some impatient traveller behind me pressing and looking instead of waiting in the queue where you have to get your items (laptop, etc.) out of your bag. My bag is packed accordingly to make it as fast as possible. Now this person stands behind me getting closer and closer. While the 'buckets' proceed through the scanner she is standing even closer to the tube than me waiting impatiently for hers. In order to grab as fast as possible as I can to make room and trying not to be in the way I seem to be too fast in grabbing the boxes where my items are in. Then I am kind of 'pulled' test and harshly asked if that is mine. The woman from security talks to me. because of the noise, i turn towards her indicating I do not understand since it is too loud. I am asked if i speak English. I confirm I do. Again she says something but with the noise I cannot understand apart from something with the luggage. She stands ups comes over and pulls a white paper strip to investigate the bag. Fine with me - happened in Stuttgart too where they told me very politely they have to do a test. Opposed to Stuttgart she rips out all the electronic cables, finds a device (usb hub) and asks me again if this is mine. I confirm. Once the procedure is over I am hesitant to pick up anything, Still what she says I do not understand. She asks again if I speak English, I confirm again. She asks her colleague to tell me I can grab my stuff now. Thank you, maybe you should have put that woman behind me into that procedure to prevent her to get too close to the next customer so that they don't feel they are in a rush since this obviously triggered that.But this kind of behaviour of security personnel I will not accept. Still trying to find the complaint page. I very much appreciated the attitude of her colleague to tell me what she could not. Apart from that, the airport is clean, toilets as well. The gates situation is kind of tight that's correct but well it is kind of a smaller airport in comparison. Note the rating is for the security personnel - there I rate 2 The rest is fine for me so that would be an 8.
Date VisitMay 2018

"not very hygienic"

(Romania)

Not Verified | They keep the garbage bins near the cafeteria seats, which brings to many flies at the tables. It is not very hygienic and slightly disgusting. They could separate the areas at least.
Date VisitSeptember 2018

"gate assignment was chaotic"

Trip Verified | Let's start with the good things: the new busses (Cobus.de) to the planes are great. Spacious and airconditioned. The staff at the airport were friendly, both at security and at customs. Short handling times. But this can not make up for terminal B: the hellhole. A hall of approx. 20x50 meters filled with 1000+ passengers. Why on earth do they plan 4 flights to depart within 20 minutes when they have only 20 departures a day? The noise was deafening. Fortunately I was here on a cool day. In summer it will be killing. Terminal B had more resemblance to a refugee camp than an airport terminal. Gate assignment was chaotic with the resulting moving of masses of people. I will do anything to prevent ever coming back to this place.
Date VisitJune 2018

"uncivilized boarding procedure"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Horrible ground services, terrible departure terminal building, ridiculous small and expensive parking. Extreme cold in the winter in departing terminal due to the continuous door openings and bad building design. Totally disorganized and uncivilized boarding procedure, hectic lines, primitive busses, didn’t see anywhere something similar. Sometimes security check is slow with very long lines. Try to avoid this airport if possible.
Date VisitNovember 2017

"Ground services are just terrible"

(Romania)

Verified Review | Although this is my home airport, I must say, indeed it has one of the worst services I have ever experienced and whenever I use this airport (several times per year), it never seemed to pleasantly surprise me. Cluj-Napoca Avram Iancu International Airport, which is its official name, has grown over the last few years from handling a few hundred thousand passengers to more than 1.5 million a year. There are 4 international boarding gates (doors rather) with in 4-5 meters of each other and all the passengers are crammed into a hallway which is way too small. This is especially problematic early in the morning and later in the afternoon, when the low cost airlines operating from this airport have their flights all within 5-15 minutes of each other. Ground services are just terrible. There are 8 passport check kiosks, however I have never seen more than 5-6 open in my life. No matter how many planes land at once, no matter that the end of the queue is on the tarmac, outside of the building. There are two baggage belts, yet somehow the ground crew still manages to place your bag on the wrong one. All in all, just terrible services offered by an overcrowded airport. Hope some investments are made in the future to provide travelers with a better experience.
Date VisitSeptember 2017

"Bags arrived quickly"

Unverified | Arrived 23rd July with Wizz from Bratislava and returned 30th. Small but busy airport. Immigration was quite conjested but moved relatively quickly. Bags arrived quickly. Departure process no problem including security who were quite courteous. Some Duty Free shops don't accept local currency (only accepted Euros) so couldn't spend remaining currency which we were carrying. Generally speaking our experience at Cluj-napoca was pleasant enough with no complaints.
Date VisitJuly 2017