Cleveland Airport

"harassment on every level"

Trip Verified | I fly 2-3 times a month throughout the U.S. for work. Every time I go through security at Cleveland is unnecessary slow and some issue with TSA. They are the rudest agents that look for problems and overreact to everything. I fly LAX and ATL frequently with no issues ever. This trip out of Cleveland they wanted to do a full pat down because a coin sized yellow dot came up in my jeans pocket area when I went through the x-ray machine. I asked to check my pockets and go back through and they refused, used intimidation tactics of getting in my face to make me submit to a pat down. I refused and was kicked out. Checked my pocket and a penny had snuck up in crease. You would think professional TSA agents would be able to recognize a coin when they see it and not subject a traveler to be felt up. Other airports wouldn’t have done that. They also wouldn’t allow me to touch my cleared luggage or purse until I submitted to pat down. Complete harassment on every level.
Date VisitMarch 2022

"It’s ridiculous"

Not Verified | I have been flying again for business and Cleveland Hopkins is the only airport where you can land and sit and wait 20-40 minutes for a gate to open up. It’s ridiculous.
Date VisitOctober 2021

"few airports as poorly run"

Not Verified | I travel frequently and have found few airports as poorly run as CLE. I would much prefer to use Canton/Akron but end up using CLE when the deal is just too good to pass up. I flew out this past Saturday and watched a bunch of employees walk around with little idea of how to get a crowd through security while employing some type of social distancing. One woman walked around simply shouting "6 feet" and an employee standing in the CLEAR aisle actually argued with a customer about why CLE just wasn't prepared for the crowd that morning. I do not pay for pre-check, but the gentleman in front of me did, and he was irate that there wasn't even a pre-flight aisle open and he was stuck in the same inefficient line with the rest of us. I returned to CLE from Orlando and experienced none of the problems there that I did at Cleveland Hopkins.
Date VisitMay 2020

"This is absolutely unacceptable"

Not Verified | We waited two hours for our baggage. The entire flight had to wait two hours. This is absolutely unacceptable. We were so excited to land at 11.06pm and be able to get home a little earlier.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"shuttle service so far away"

Not Verified | Why did they move the shuttle service so far away? In order to get to ticketing or from baggage carousels, you have to go down one escalator, with your bags in tow, then drag them to the next escalator to go up. Then you have a long walk to get to your shuttle! Not convenient for a 66 year old woman who travels alone. Please return the shuttles back down to the arrival area.
Date VisitOctober 2018

"everything is terrible"

Not Verified | Terrible. Food, people, etc. everything is terrible. Landed here at 6 and didn’t get bags until 9. Security before getting on plane and after. Baggage claim numbers are wrong. Do not come here unless you have no other choice.
Date VisitAugust 2018

"Inconvenient and frustrating"

Not Verified | While going through security check we placed our boarding passes in the bin with our shoes, purse, belt, etc. When the bins came out of the check point our boarding passes were gone. I immediately notified an employee who was working at this particular security clearance gate. He looked around the the scanner and underneath it as well, and told us we would have to get new boarding passes printed at out departure gate. Inconvenient and frustrating, but even worse was the attitude and disrespect this employee displayed. Wondering how they can claim to screen for weapons, etc., yet lose 2 boarding passes before their very eyes?
Date VisitJuly 2018

"This is ridiculous"

Customs is horrible here. We had to wait to get our luggage and then we all stood in a mob style type line with one person checking our photos. Then we got the pleasure to stand in another line waiting for a shuttle that arrives every so often. Now they are loading elders into a wheelchair and can seem to not load any other people. Maybe there should be more than one shuttle or let us walk through a concourse. This is ridiculous.
Date VisitApril 2017

"what was the purpose of the major remodel?"

The new procedure for passenger transportation unloading while using busses or parking busses is terrible. That is a lot of walking to do to get to baggage check. What was the purpose of the major remodel? To make the airport less traveler friendly? Because that is exactly what they have done. Hopkins is one of the worst operated and managed airports in the country. I will in the future try to avoid this inconvenience by using CAK as much as possible. Thanks Hopkins operational managers. Fix this now.
Date VisitOctober 2016

"just all together filthy"

My flight was delayed 4 hours so my husband and I decided to go and smoke in the ouside sitting area. Great area, quiet, breezy but still warm from the sun. The only problem was that all of the benches were filthy. The garbage hadn't been emptied. Just all together filthy.
Date VisitAugust 2016