Cincinnati Airport

Cincinnati Airport customer review

I was very disappointed with my recent travel to the Cincinnati airport on 3/16/03. On this day the airport had a security alert and everyone needed to be evacuated from the concourses and sent back through security. While this would be a difficult task for any airport Cincinnati Airport was clearly not ready for such an incident. Very little communication or direction from airport officials was provided. I spent 5 hours in a line that I didn't even know where it was going and there was no one around to ask. I spent this time in line only to find out that my flight left empty without me and that I would be unable to get onto another flight for another 24 hours. It seemed that the airlines and the airport officials were at odds with each other and neither was there to help travellers. No hotel or food was provided as a result of these delays. Very little help was provided by Delta. Furthermore no one is able to fully state what happened. Based on rumors that I had heard from other travellers the whole incident appears to be the fault of security. I would like to reiterate that this is a very difficult situation for any airport to handle. However one would expect that airport officials would have been trained to handle such a situation. This is not the first security issue to happen to a US airport of a similar nature. For these reasons I will not be using Delta or making connections through the Cincinnati airport in my future travels. Other airlines & airports I feel would have been much better at handling this situation.

Cincinnati Airport customer review

Terminal 3 (Delta) at Cincinnati (CVG) has one of the most efficient open and easy to navigate terminals in the USA. This facility is comprised of three concourses; A and B service mainline carrier Delta and charter airlines with concourse C handling all of Comair. Between Delta and its subsidiary Comair about 500+ flights per day are offered. The biggest negative about this airport are its outrageous fares. Delta and Comair comprise 93% of the flights at CVG and charge the 2nd highest average fare in the country (according to the USA Today newspaper) right behind Charlotte NC. There is no low cost carrier servicing CVG and only minimal flights daily by United American Northwest USAir and Continental.