Cincinnati Airport

Cincinnati Airport customer review

It's been a few years since I was there but I left on a Sunday and found that I couldn't get a drink because of some Kentucky law that probably pre-dates the Civil War. Even in England we have long since relaxed our licensing hours and Sunday trading laws for main airports. I hope the same has long since happened at CVG!

Cincinnati Airport customer review

Although international arrivals are a bit odd (the problem of having to re-enter the airport has been resolved) because of dual desks the airport itself is flawless. The well designed terminals make connecting a breeze between inter-airlines. I have flown in and out and have made numerous connections at Cincinnati over the past 10 years and have only had a handful of problems.

Cincinnati Airport customer review

Depending on how many international flights come in you can wait 5 minutes at immigrations or one hour as I did in April. Staff was a bit 'soldier' like but ok. Immigration officer was friendly. It makes no sense to me however that once you exit immigration to board another inland plane you have to go thru security again which took another 30 minutes. Layover times in CVG should not be calculated too tight.

Cincinnati Airport customer review

CVG is a better airport to connect through than Atlanta airport. The gates are laid out in a much more logical way the food and shopping is better and the Comair commuter terminal is quite nice and easy to use. The shuttle from Comair's terminal C to the other terminals is quick and easy to find and puts you in the middle of the other terminals rather than at one far end. It's a shame that DL doesn't use this hub more than ATL.

Cincinnati Airport customer review

This is not a good airport for international arrivals. The only way to exit the airport is first to re-enter it. Sound confusing? Once you've cleared customs and immigration and have all your luggage you cannot exit directly to the parking lot. The only exit is through the main terminal which means you have to re-check your bags and go through security clearance and metal detectors and then find yet another baggage carousel to pick up your bags a second time. The process is excruciating and long after an international flight.

Cincinnati Airport customer review

I can't believe that CVG is rated so high. I have flown through it many times on Delta and have always had problems connecting. Maybe they've improved since I was there last but the transportation system between terminals is awkward at best the waiting areas are always crowded and a couple times I had to sit on the floor while I waited for an available seat. I must admit that the ground staff I've dealt with is pleasant and helpful but in general I try to avoid CVG.

Cincinnati Airport customer review

I've used Cincinnati airport twice in the past year and have found it to run smoothly and easy to navigate. The food in the main international terminal is above average for airport food the terminal is also clean and well designed. The Comair terminal is also good to use with adequate food concessions and seating.

Cincinnati Airport customer review

Cincinnati is the best hub airport I have experienced in the US. Immigration on arrival for non-US citizens is efficient and polite. The Delta terminal is bright and cheerful - and the walk between gates short. I would recommend this airport.

Cincinnati Airport customer review

I have been flying into Cincinnati Int Airport for 16 years now and have seen many changes. I agree that the fares are quite expensive however compared to Chicago Dulles Houston and LAX the Airport is in wonderful condition and the staff are friendly and mostly informed. I am not endorsing this port of entry into the United States for Immigrants but they seem to be able to move crowds quicker than everywhere else I have flown into. Additionally the Airport Security is proactive in Cincinnati. They have gone through numerous "exercises" to ensure they are ready should an event take place. This instills my thoughts about their concerns for me the customer !

Cincinnati Airport customer review

I was also in the Cincinnati airport on 03/16/03 and agree with the comment below. We also were flying Delta. I understand the security issue but my first day of vacation was ruined because I didn't get to my final destination until 6.5 hours later than we were supposed to. To get rerouted into Atlanta and then go to my final destination of Panama City with a 2.5 hour layover on Atlanta - we didn't book our flight through Atlanta in the first place because it was more expensive. And to have a Delta rep say to you "well if it's any consolation this doesn't happen all the time". I've had nothing but problems with Delta and I've flown to many different destinations and never had a problem until I started flying with them. They didn't even give any meal vouchers or portion of your money back or anything. All we got was a pony sized bottle of water t stand in a line for over 2 1/2 hours with no A/C!