Chicago O'Hare Airport

"a pretty unpleasant experience"

Not Verified | Concourse C, while beautiful, is sorely lacking in places to enjoy an adult beverage. There are only 3 places to get a drink which is absurd in the today’s world of having to arrive to the airport exceedingly early. The bars are packed - total madhouses, which makes for a pretty unpleasant experience. It’s time to come up to par with other more sophisticated airports. And, I can’t imagine the revenue they are missing out on! Get it together O’Hare!
Date VisitJune 2019

"are all gates really booked"

Trip Verified | I have never been able to fly out and reach a gate on time ever. How is it so difficult to find gate every time the flight lands Don’t they know about the arrival, are all gates really booked?
Date VisitMay 2019

"What an awful experience"

Trip Verified | What an awful experience, I will never book a flight to Chicago O'Hare again. We waited around two hours once off our Norwegian flight to go through to passport control. You have a self serve machine where you have to put information into and then queue again to do the very same. The women who are supposed to be helping you don't and the two I came across were so rude. I asked a question and the young girl looked at me, turned around and walked off! I am horrified to think that they are in a job! If this was London Gatwick or Heathrow Airport they would not be in a job! We had similar timing issues at the airport for our departure where there were just four men checking the security on all international flights going through terminal 5! Very disorganised. O'Hare being a large hub airport and looking at other reviews here, they should take on the feedback and learn from this in moving forward. First impressions has left a lasting impression where I will not be returning!
Date VisitMay 2019

"We will not be returning"

Trip Verified | Traveling is already a stressful occasion. Here are some tips to make it easier on people. The attendant that is supposed to check if flyers are “pre-checked” or not should actually do their job. A guy behind us literally said they aren’t sure if they’re pre-checked and she never stopped to explain or check his pass or anything. she just hurried him along in line. Some people are first time flyers. Be patient, be helpful, do your job. help educate them so next time things can go smoother. Next — allow families/groups to stay together. When one attendant is pulling one-by-one from three different lines, the person or people I am traveling with could be very far behind me. This is not conducive with groups of minors. It can be scary and allowing them to stay together is a small courtesy that could be extended to help out. Teach your workers patience. It was terrible here. Back home our airport is respectful and understanding, this was a huge shock for my group and I. We will not be returning. It’s about to be a long day and this experience has made it longer.
Date VisitMay 2019

"a truly awful experience"

Not Verified | Landing here was a truly awful experience! Took nearly 3 hours to get through immigration! It took another 45 minutes to queue up for the bus to take me to a different terminal! The airport is so badly organised, an actual joke. The staff there aren't interested in helping they just roll their eyes and give you short answers to get rid of you! No organisation, no customer service Avoid avoid avoid, I know I will be in the future!
Date VisitMay 2019

"security lines are a nightmare"

Not Verified | You need to arrive an extra 30 minutes earlier than you usually arrive if traveling through O’Hare. The security lines are a nightmare. I have been flying through O’Hare for 20 years and the problem only seems to have gotten bad over the last 3 years. When you arrive to the airport, you’ll be surprised to see that there’s a line out the door for TSA. This line takes minimum 30 minutes to go through. Once you’re past a certain point, you see how much unused space there is & start to wonder why they’re not using that space for TSA.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Customs is an absolute joke"

Not Verified | Customs is an absolute joke at O’Hare. They make you wait in line for hours to then have to scan your own passports. Both of our scanning machines didn’t work so after an hour in line I had to ask for help. I do want to point out a customs employee flagged us down and let us cut in line because we were traveling with small kids but that was after an hour. Total time was 2 hours and that was with them letting us cut in front of a the whole line.
Date VisitApril 2019

"make the experience unnecessarily unpleasant"

Not Verified | Deliberately unhelpful "helpers" at immigration lines. The immigration staff themselves were fine, the two women on duty to manage the lines were downright unhelpful and nasty. They re-directed the line multiple times until there were about 10 people waiting for one immigration officer while the remainder of the line were filtered through about 3 other officers in the same time. Even when the 3 staff had processed the longer line, one of the women refused even to acknowledge a polite question by someone in front of me as to whether we could move back to the main line. So ridiculous and ironic given that she was wearing a jacket labeled "I can help you." She was just as rude to people who did not speak English and refused to answer other perfectly reasonable questions about where people should go. Staff like this just make the experience unnecessarily unpleasant, and detract from the good work that other people at the airport are doing in a stressful environment.

"Horrible place"

Trip Verified | Being rude, dismissive, grumpy, and pretty much just don't give a damn attitude must be required to work here. Every single person not just one or two are this way. The people working for the various airlines are totally different - nice, kind and polite. The contrast is shocking. Lady next to me was basically dumped from her wheelchair into a seat and left. No conversation with her at all. Absurd. Horrible place. I had forgotten why I don't fly from here! Now I remember! I won't do this again. Darn shame people. Darn shame.
Date VisitMay 2019

"We were treated like criminals"

Not Verified | What’s up with the customs officers in this airport? So very rude - including Global Entry. We’re Americans re-entering our own country. We were treated like criminals. Such a poor experience for us, but worse yet for international visitors. ORD customs officers need customer service training! You’re a bad example for our country.
Date VisitFebruary 2019