Chicago O'Hare Airport

"I’ve seen much better"

Not Verified | Horrible! You must leave the secure area, go outside and take a bus to transfer from the international terminal to a connecting flight. The bus is rundown, and there are no markings or PA announcements regarding the various terminal stops. Terminal 2, Concourse E is old, narrow, has inadequate seating at the gates. I’ve seen much better in third world countries!

"Awful! Just awful"

Not Verified | Awful! Just awful. Hard to find Frontier in the first place, sign is on the back side of the board and not visible from the road, once inside I felt like I was in a cattle car. Gates M1 and M 2 were posted nowhere, hundreds of people milling around, no rep from my airlines anywhere! ne poor airport employee with no mic trying to board people and de-plane multiple persons from multiple flights at the same time. SRO, no room to sit or walk. No flight status updates available in terminal at all and the on line and app info was always at least 1 hour behind actual info. Never again will I fly Frontier or any other airlines through this terminal. I can only hope that Frontier’s attention to operational and customer service details in the air will be 100% better than it is on the ground today!

"Terminal 5 is shocking"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Terminal 5 is shocking. Nothing works, the train is broken, the toilets are clogged, the security lines are long (and terminal 5 does not even accept precheck!?). The shops are scarcely stocked (except for sundries and candy). Free WiFi requires payment when you click on. Food outlets are overwhelmed. Lounges are among the worst of any major global city. This is Chicago? A world class city? If I had to move my company to Chicago and use terminal 5 I would have to pay extra hardship allowances for my management. Third world conditions affecting the staff who care less about service because they are treated like animals instead of ladies and gentlemen. The board at chicago O’Hare should resign because of the long lasting horror show at terminal 5. And the airlines that pay to use this service should be questioned as well.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"airport is poorly designed"

Not Verified | My trip home from Brussels was scheduled to connect in Chicago O'Hare, arriving at 1 pm and departing to Houston at 4 pm. My experience in the O'Hare airport was a total nightmare. There were multiple flight delays, and they changed the departure gate three times, with the last change forcing all passengers to go from the C terminal to the B terminal. In the end, the flight to Houston departed at about 10 pm, a delay of 6 hours, and for me a total of 9 hours spent in O'Hare, not knowing when, or if, there would be a flight to Houston that day. There was almost no place to sit, so most of the passengers were forced to stand for hours. This airport is poorly designed, managed horribly, and it does not have enough gates. Anyone returning from overseas should NEVER use O'Hare for a connecting flight.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"an embarrassment for international guests"

Trip Verified | Never ever use Chicago for international arrivals. After four different passport and customs checks, complete with lines, (oh and a ceiling light crashed to the floor 1 0feet to the left of me, fortunately missing the people walking in that area), you then have to go with your full baggage on a bus to a separate terminal where you get to wait in another bag drop line, then you get to go through the full security all over again. This brings you to terminal 1, where exhausted and hungry travellers are met with only fast food options with food courts, no sit down restaurants with a full kitchen. Ok, there is a sit-down hot dog restaurant, and a sit-down sandwich counter, these do not count. Even the pizza is by the slice and warmed up. This is an embarrassment for international guests arriving in America.

"Rude staff members"

Trip Verified | What a disaster! After a two hour queue at Heathrow due to baggage failure we arrived at O'Hare only to find a plane occupying our stand, another half an hour on the plane before we could get off, only to join a three hour queue to get through passports and customs. Rude staff members. No seats for anyone, no available drinks, no information given and finally after all that no luggage. If I could given 0 on stars I would.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"arrival gate was not available"

Trip Verified | Flew thru Chicago O’Hare from Tucson to Madison and back. On the way out we waited on the plane for 1/2 hour after landing before we got to a gate. On the way home we circled the entire airport twice since our arrival gate was somehow not available? They didn’t know we were coming? After over an hour they found us another gate, although we couldn’t GET to it at first due to other planes being in the way! Many missed their connections - we were ok because the next plane was late too. Oh and no outlets in Chicago OHare seem to be working. Never again.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"Don’t use for international connections"

Trip Verified | Don’t use Chicago O'Hare for international connections. It’s worse than HRW To go from T5 (International arrivals) to domestic terminals you have to line up under a tent (boiling Summer temperatures), board a bus (off and on at each terminal). It takes an hour. Horrible experience on 2019-07-15.
Date VisitJuly 2019

"No fast food outlets anywhere"

Trip Verified | I have been traveling internationally to Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East frequently for about 25 years. I am very familiar with international terminals in all these places. Unfortunately, I live near Chicago, so I must fly in and out of O'Hare's international terminal (Terminal 5) regularly. I have three complaints: One, I'm used to airport food concessions being rip offs, but at least elsewhere there are relatively low-priced options. But not O'Hare's Terminal 5. No fast food outlets anywhere - only expensive restaurants. Last time I was there I had two hours to kill and was hungry, and I ended up paying $20 for a cheeseburger and a bottle of water. Two, other airports have decent bookstores. Schipol in Amsterdam comes to mind. But not Terminal 5. I guess in our dumb country people don't read books. Three, when you arrive for departure at other airports, there are free luggage carts available. But not O'Hare - they're $6.00. O'Hare sucks!
Date VisitJune 2019

"Extremely poorly managed"

Trip Verified | Easily, without even having to dig into my brain, the worst airport in the country. Extremely poorly managed and the dirtiest I’ve been in. Understaffed for the quantity of fliers for the given day. The restaurant choices are also nothing to be pleased with. I’m a regular flyer with work and I will be avoiding Chicago airport like the Black Plague.
Date VisitJune 2019