Chicago O'Hare Airport

"the gate was filthy and rundown"

Trip Verified | My family and I were at gate L5 at Spirit this morning. There was a mouse running around as the gate was filthy and rundown. We reported the mouse and were told by gate agent that it was fine and it would not hurt us. He proceeded to do nothing. I will never fly out of here again.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"such horrible service"

Not Verified | Flew through United For the first time ever and I just wanted to say that I have never experienced such horrible service. They have so many people standing at the kiosks for no reason at all. Because everything I needed assistance the people was just talking amongst each other and we’re no help at all. I had to go walk and get a lady (the only one that was helping clients) so she could help me too when there were at least 10 other people there. Will never use United from O'hare anymore that’s for sure
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"How ridiculous for late flights"

Not Verified | Spirit had a 3 hour delay. No problem I could deal with it due to bad weather. We flew out of L9, supposed to be 8.30pm but wound up being 11.50, the area was like an oven, so so hot. Because of the delay we we wanted food and drink. Nothing after 9.30pm unless you wanted McDonalds. How ridiculous for late flights. They cater to early flights and don’t care about people taking later ones. Come on why close the place, it’s crazy.
Date VisitFebruary 2020

"Get it together"

Not Verified | Seriously every time I fly out of Chicago there is a ridiculous delay. This time another plane was just parked at our gate. Get it together - we’re over a half an hour late which to someone needing to get a connecting flight is beyond annoying.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"Complete chaos, inefficiency and lack of knowledge"

Not Verified | We had a connecting flight to to RSW. As soon as we got to customs, it was chaos. People were packed into the large room waiting for others to wander around looking for an available kiosk to scan their passport. So unorganized. How about putting the kiosks in a row for people to use while in line? Once finished, we had to stand in long lines again waiting to get checked through. There were only 7 windows open for hundreds of people to funnel through. And, not to sound like "that guy", but they were speeding the non-citizens through a lot faster. 2 were for working visas and students, 5 for citizens and tourists. They should be putting the tourists with the non-citizens. They should also have a line for connecting flights because this is the second time we almost missed our flight due to this mess and we weren't the only ones stressing over a connecting flight. Once we eventually got through, getting our bags was pretty quick and easy, but after that, there were no signs saying where to go next. We just got in the super long line with everyone else. My wife went ahead to talk to someone to make sure we were in the correct place. That person told her that we needed to go outside the huge room to a different place so she ran back and got my son and I and we did as he said. Once we got out and the doors closed behind us, we found out that we were in the right place before and now we had to wait for someone else to come out so we could go back in. We went to to counter to talk to them again and they said to just leave our bags there and go to our flight and they would scan them in for us. I didn't feel comfortable about just leaving our bags next to the counter while they were checking in other people who were waiting in line, but we had no choice. Our flight had started boarding and we were nowhere near the terminal. We missed using the family lane for going through security twice because the lane was roped off. Someone who works there saw us and opened it and they were genuinely surprised that he had to tell us to use it. In all the chaos, we lost one of our boarding passes, so we had to rush to the ticket counter to get a new one printed. She insisted on reprinting all 3 passes even though we only needed 1. After that was done, we started to run to the next step when my wife checked and saw they printed the wrong name on my boarding pass. We decided to just use the old one since it didn't need to be reprinted anyway. It was like she was deliberately wasting our time when we had none to waste. We ran to the tent outside (by the way, we weren't dressed for cold weather because we had no plans to leave the airport so my 7-year-old was freezing right along with us) where we were told to wait for the bus. There were so many people that we had to wait for the next one. We knew we had to go to terminal 1, but when the driver stopped, he never said anything. He just opened the door. Now, I could assume that the first stop is terminal 1, but I hate to make assumptions and get off the bus at the wrong terminal when we're already pressed for time.Luckily, someone else said they could see a "1" outside, so we got off and ran. We made it to our flight while they were almost finished boarding. 2 hours should have been enough time to get through, but it almost wasn't. Complete chaos, inefficiency and lack of knowledge at O'Hare. Can't rate some things because we had no time to use them.

"horrible and disrespectful"

Trip Verified | Believe me here when I tell you. I travel for a living as an airline pilot. Forty years + and running. We get moved around on other commercial airlines throughout countries worldwide to and from our trips. The arrival ORD CBP/DHS terminal 5 culture here with our country is so screwed up. They're focusing on the wrong things here. Goods purchases overseas preoccupation and then the fruits, vegetables, fruits, cheeses and the US citizen exemption amounts. When we should be concerned with perpetrators, impostors, criminals and those who wish to our country's entry and to create intentional ill will. Or drugs, etc. The human treatment here is horrible and disrespectful towards it's 'right to be here' US citizens. Especially towards it's born, legal to be here citizens! We're missing the big picture folks.
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"extremely rude and degrading"

Not Verified | The customer service at this airport is deplorable and the worst that we've ever experienced at any airport! The customer service interaction/communication at security was unpleasant and down right rude, unprofessional and demeaning! No one smiled or provided eye contact when speaking to you. They were extremely rude and degrading. The desk attendant at Spirit counter was also extremely rude while speaking and giving his speech over the intercom! I pray I never have to fly into this airport again!

"not enough seating"

Not Verified | My impression is that they are doing everything so you pay extra and enter a business lounge. Crowded and not enough seating facilities, A/C is bad and shops awful. Don't even want to check the bathroom and still have nine hours until my flight. Coming here for a connecting flight had to exit, going through a tent, waiting for a bus.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"service here is deplorable"

Not Verified | My wife can’t walk so we needed a wheelchair for her. We have waited over an hour and still no wheelchair. The service here is deplorable. We we told that getting wheelchairs has been privatized and they are pretty slow. We also have a dog that needs to pee and all there is here is concrete. Not very accommodating. This may be our last time flying to O'hare if this isn’t fixed soon.
Date VisitDecember 2019

"pretty shocked at how run down it is"

Trip Verified | The last time I was here was 11 years ago and I am pretty shocked at how run down it is. We're sitting in Terminal C - the seats are broken, the seats are torn in some places and the bathroom are dark and dingy. What's up Chicago? Millions of people travel through your hub every year! Why do you present your city like this? An environment like this also likely causes decreased morale in your staff, they don't seem very happy.