Chicago O'Hare Airport

"It was just shameful behavior by staff"

Not Verified | It is upsetting to know that O’Hare airport is part of our current cultural problems. I am a lifelong resident of the Chicagoland area, and I always believed that we had a pretty good airport. I recently returned home from an international, work-related trip and came across two different employees in Terminal 5 that were extraordinarily rude and disrespectful to not only me, but fellow travelers alongside myself. Instead of helping us along the extensive additional requirements that Covid has brought upon us, employees were incredibly rude. In fact, the final pass through was with a lady that screamed at everyone to stay in line and get their papers ready. I was shocked, and actually already had the paper she was screaming about in my hand. She acted as if we weren’t allowed to travel and shouldn’t be there. Well...here’s reality, I am a single mom with two kids in college, so when my company asks me to travel I do it. I am respectful, had my mask on and bags already in hand and also had the paper she was yelling at us about ready to show her. It was just shameful behavior by staff in terminal 5 at ORD. I am sorry if you hate your job so much that you take it out on people just trying to make it in these difficult times. This is the reason why people are leaving Chicago...let’s all just try and be peaceful and nice.
Date VisitFebruary 2021

"a reasonable airport though crowded"

(Ethiopia)

Trip Verified | Chicago O'Hare is generally a reasonable airport though crowded (at least in non-COVID times). I was arriving on United and departing on Turkish, so I arrived at one extreme end of the airport and then had to exit security and take a bus for a long time to get to Terminal 5, then go through security again. Terminal 5 is a weak point of the airport, though it looks like there is a train going in (still outside security). In January 2021 half the lounges are closed and my airline hasn't bothered to make an arrangement with the ones that are open, though that is not exactly the airport's fault. In my past experience, the lounges here are lame compared with those in the United areas, which I could not use since there is no way to get through without leaving security. ORD should organize the Star Alliance carriers to depart from the terminals United uses since international connections are common, it would save all kinds of difficulty for travelers. Terminal 5 may as well be a different airport since you have to allow at least half an hour to get there and leave security, you could make it to Midway airport in not much more time.
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"everything was closed at 6.30 pm"

Not Verified | Flights were delayed, unavoidable. I was actually appalled at the restaurants on concourse C. Waitstaff were slow, rude and everything was closed at 6.30 pm. 6.30 pm?! It’s Chicago!
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"The service is absolutely deplorable"

Not Verified | O’Hare airport (United) is the worst airport I have ever been to! And I have traveled extensively all over the world. The service is absolutely deplorable. Lazy, arrogant and downright cruel sums up the creatures who work at this place. They lost my luggage and finally after an hour found it back at our gate. They would not bring it to baggage but instead reissued me a boarding pass so I could go back to the gate and get it myself. I was traveling alone with two young children. They had zero compassion and were zero help! Avoid United and this airport from hell!
Date VisitJanuary 2021

"Very rude and unfriendly employees"

Not Verified | Requested wheelchair service to American Airlines gate. Upon arrival told to sit in handicap area and someone would help me. Waited and not one person arrived, next employee said check in at kiosk. Did that, told to sit in handicap area again. Very rude and unfriendly employees. A young man arrived with a wheelchair to get another passenger and asked if I needed help. He told me go to baggage to get a special "pass" and someone would come with a wheelchair. My flight was at 1.05pm, Dec 2, 2020. I was at the airport at 10.40 am. I had to get up two more times to ask if someone was coming as it was 12.15 pm and my plane was boarding. One employee snatched it out of my hand to call and see when someone would get me to take me to gate. The purpose of a wheelchair service is so I did not have to walk around everywhere yet I had to anyway to get help. Finally a nice woman arrived, stopped to let me get water and took me all the way on the ramp into the plane. She was kind to me and very apologetic, the only person that was. There was no wi-fi and the place is filthy. I do not think a nonstop flight was worth the nightmare I endured with rude indifferent employees. On that note they could learn from the considerate employees and the cleanliness of the South Carolina airport. Upon returning today, Dec 3, yet another rude employee when I got off the plane she was there with a wheelchair but couldn't sit in it due to other passengers waiting for luggage. Walked the ramp myself then she wheeled me to baggage only after I insisted. She did not speak, just looked at her nails. Very strange young woman, I asked where the restroom was and she said over there somewhere. Big zero rating
Date VisitDecember 2020

"The fact that this airport promises any sort of WiFi is an absolute lie"

Not Verified | The fact that this airport promises any sort of WiFi is an absolute lie. I tried for hours during my layover to get any sort of a connection to the internet, with no luck. If I was just bored, I would have shrugged my shoulders and moved on, but I had time sensitive work I needed to submit before my flight departed. Thanks to O’Hare and their joke of a WiFi network I wasn’t able to submit assignments for my College classes or do work for my actual job. When you promise your customers WiFi on your website, maybe you should actually make sure, y’know, you can deliver! I absolutely blame O’Hare for this embarrassing problem that hopefully won’t affect my standing at my job or with my professors. Unacceptable! I will go out of my way to never, ever, ever use this airport as a connector on flights ever again.
Date VisitNovember 2020

"have plenty of time to spare"

Not Verified | Chicago O'Hare Airport is big, very big. You have to take a bus to travel between terminal 1 to terminal 5 which is an International Terminal, may take many hours to pass thru security. It is crazy with a lot of people everywhere. You must prepare ahead, get a good map, direction and know where to go Leave home early and have plenty of time to spare.
Date VisitSeptember 2019

"the gate was filthy and rundown"

Trip Verified | My family and I were at gate L5 at Spirit this morning. There was a mouse running around as the gate was filthy and rundown. We reported the mouse and were told by gate agent that it was fine and it would not hurt us. He proceeded to do nothing. I will never fly out of here again.
Date VisitMarch 2020

"such horrible service"

Not Verified | Flew through United For the first time ever and I just wanted to say that I have never experienced such horrible service. They have so many people standing at the kiosks for no reason at all. Because everything I needed assistance the people was just talking amongst each other and we’re no help at all. I had to go walk and get a lady (the only one that was helping clients) so she could help me too when there were at least 10 other people there. Will never use United from O'hare anymore that’s for sure
Date VisitJanuary 2020

"How ridiculous for late flights"

Not Verified | Spirit had a 3 hour delay. No problem I could deal with it due to bad weather. We flew out of L9, supposed to be 8.30pm but wound up being 11.50, the area was like an oven, so so hot. Because of the delay we we wanted food and drink. Nothing after 9.30pm unless you wanted McDonalds. How ridiculous for late flights. They cater to early flights and don’t care about people taking later ones. Come on why close the place, it’s crazy.
Date VisitFebruary 2020