Chicago O'Hare Airport

"We were treated like criminals"

Not Verified | What’s up with the customs officers in this airport? So very rude - including Global Entry. We’re Americans re-entering our own country. We were treated like criminals. Such a poor experience for us, but worse yet for international visitors. ORD customs officers need customer service training! You’re a bad example for our country.
Date VisitFebruary 2019

"Not disabled friendly"

Not Verified | Not disabled friendly, airport does not have runways itsvery extensive, lacks water fountains, places for people to lounge/stay while in transit overnight. Staff at stands lack sympathy, empathy and good manners, airport has lots of plant adornments and is beautifully decorated with great photographs and some restaurants but lacks standards to make it accessible to for instance a diabetic, a person with impaired mobility and someone who needs accesiblity to fresh water fountains or quick transportation between far gates if they travel with kids or are disabled, diabetic have asthma or breathing or walking challenges. Lack of runway or belts like in other smaller airports (Colorado, Dallas 5 star for instance). Cleaner, more comfortable and more accessible is better than nicely decorated. Lack of chargers and electrical sockets to recharge pumps and medical equipment and phones and laptops those at the rotunda do not work. Nice plants though. Tables broken, not enough seating space, cluttered.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"the signage was not clear"

(Vietnam)

Not Verified | We had to change planes in Chicago and go from domestic to international on January 2/3. The airport was decently clean but the signage was not clear about where to go. The biggest problem I saw was the TSA agents in the international terminal. Never have I seen such a bunch of ill tempered, unhappy and condescending people in my life. This is one reason why we don't usually fly through Chicago.
Date VisitJanuary 2019

"airport is filthy"

Not Verified | After experiencing delays with United airlines a waitress at a restaurant was so rude to me and so insensitive. The bathrooms smelt like an outdoor toilet and they had not been cleaned in years the airport is filthy and they can do a much better job with training their employees at Customer Service.

"Worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Worst experience ever. First I was stopped at customs for about 30 minutes while all my bags were emptied and searched. Then i was forced to unlock my phone so it could be searched. I was asked rude and invasive questions during the searches. When i asked why my phone was being searched i was told it was "random extra searching." Finally finished that and was given bad directions by an airport official for transferring terminals. This led me to exit and enter security again which was painfully slow. After getting through security I learned that i was again at the wrong terminal (i was too early for my flight to be posted and both security and airline officials directed me to the wrong terminal.) I was in Beijing, Manila, Phnom Penh, and Macau airports this trip and was shocked to see how much more run down and inefficient O'Hare was compared to all of those. I will never transfer through Chicago again. Good luck to you if you decide to.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"It's been like this for years"

Not Verified | Why do none of the power outlets at the changing stations ever work. It's been like this for years, I travel for a living and dread getting delayed here with no way to power my phone or laptop, avoid all connections from this dump.

"beyond disappointing TSA"

Trip Verified | Unprofessional, rude, beyond disappointing TSA. How do these people have a job? TSA agents were rude from start to finish. Screamed at travelers in line to get in a different line in the rudest way possible! Laughed at people in line etc. I was disgusted.
Date VisitDecember 2018

"Rude, aggressive, apathetic staff"

Not Verified | It’s been several visits to O’Hare. Rude, aggressive, apathetic staff and TSA agents. People who are clearly irritated working with the public and want you to know. From the TSA ID reader at security checkpoint 7 near American Airlines in Terminal 3 who wants you to extend your left arm to place your phone on the reader but not move your body at all, and when you accidentally do, becomes angry and tells you how unhappy he is b/c people don’t listen, or the other agent who doesn’t explain how to place your bag on the roller but is very disappointed in your actions by yelling, “Do not push!” I get it. You hate me, you hate people, and you hate your job. I have traveled back with students from abroad to be greeted with angry agents who separated my students from me, sending them to separate security checkpoints, and rushed us so fast through lines my kids kept screwing up. TSA didn’t care. Kids were crying and the anxiety spiked. They still did not care. If you want to feel worse about your existence, go to O’Hare. They will let you know through their tones, angry looks, and aggressive actions. Something needs to change.

"complete incompetence"

Trip Verified | Absolutely terrible experience at Chicago O’Hare. I had just finished flying 15 hours from Dubai where I was greeted with a very rude and unhelpful airport staff. I then had to wait in line for over 2 hours for shuttle bus to get to the terminal for my connecting flight (some of which included standing outside in 38 degree weather). I had given myself 4 hours between flights and still barely made it to my gate on time. I got there as they were boarding. I heard so many people say that they were going to miss their flights because of this complete incompetence. Unacceptable.
Date VisitNovember 2018

"inefficient, rude and unhelpful people"

Not Verified | Worst experience ever returning home after a 25 hour flight from Thailand. Made it through the kiosks and stood in line for 30 minutes getting closer to our turn when we were redirected to another section of kiosks - I asked why we were redirected and the girl started saying it wasn’t her fault and she didn’t know. Now I found myself standing in an even longer line. I’ve never experienced such inefficient, rude and unhelpful people at O’Hare in my life. I also don’t understand why us citizens and green card holders are in the same lines as visitors. Used to be a breeze getting through customs - not any more!
Date VisitNovember 2018