Charlotte Airport

"every single time I have been delayed"

Trip Verified | I have connected in Charlotte over 4 times in the past two years and every single time I have been delayed. I don’t think a flight ever leaves this airport on time.
Date VisitMay 2021

"Everyone was helpful and friendly"

Not Verified | PROS - Navigating the terminal: It has moving, belt walkways to help you move faster or, as in my case, assist you if you are somewhat handicapped. Food: There is a lovely atrium food court with rocking chairs, if you can get one, and a nice array of restaurant styles. The restaurants had very long lines, so I stopped in a convenience shop and got a sandwich to avoid the lines. Dogs: They have airport comfort dogs, I was really hoping to see one. Unfortunately, I did not. Maybe next time. Staff: Everyone was helpful and friendly. One of the young men sanitizing surfaces was actually dancing and just made you smile. The shop cashier told me I can grab a free bag of chips since I got the sandwich and a bottle of water. The gate attendant cheerfully added a note to allow me to pre-board, as I cannot pivot and navigate a tight space easily and unbeknownst to those around me, it brings me great physical pain to have to pivot and dodge other people and their baggage. She did however, add a request for a wheelchair, which I did not request and it caused some confusion for the staff at the destination terminal. CONS - Seating: There are not enough accessible seats. I needed a place to eat my sandwich and the rocking chairs were full and all the atrium seats that I could find were bar stool type chairs that, due to my handicap, I am completely unable to get on and off. I get around ok with a cane. However, I also had to stand at the gate, as there was not enough seating. I am still having extra trouble getting around a day after my trip due to the pain of having to stand.
Date VisitMay 2021

"No time to enjoy or visit the airport amenities"

Not Verified | American Airlines schedules so many flights at one time it's ridiculous. Once landed, it took 35 min to get to gate. Same way on departure. No time to enjoy or visit the airport amenities.
Date VisitMay 2021

"They don’t care about passengers safety"

Not Verified | Worst airport ever. Dirty, over crowded, no soap in bathroom and no way to keep distance from other passengers. No one at the airport is cleaning, did the FAA forget to tell Charlotte Airport that we are in a pandemic. Most workers at the fast food have their noses out of the masks. I will pay more never to fly through Charlotte again. They don’t care about passengers safety.
Date VisitApril 2021

"Most inefficient airport in the country"

Trip Verified | Most inefficient airport in the country. Always end up waiting a minimum of 30 min plus to declare or take off. Poor logistics both on the ground and in the air. Dreadful experience.
Date VisitApril 2021

"We were treated like VIP’s"

Trip Verified | Even though I didn’t request when booking I was able to request assistance for my husband. When we arrived at the Charlotte airport they had someone at the door waiting with a wheelchair. We were treated like VIP’s. When it was time to board our next flight to our final destination even though we were in basic economy last to board they called us as the first to board. Since the plane was full they ask if we wanted complementary carry on checked bags which we were happy to do.

"it was improved"

Not Verified | I have to admit, I was quite impressed with CLT. I hadn’t flew through here since the US merger and it was improved. The center core with concourses sticking out works well, the moving walkways are nice, and I explored all of the concourses as I was here for 4 hours. A, B, C, and D were nice, and the food options were excellent. Also, all of the staff were super nice and the facilities were clean. That being said, Concourse E needs some help as it feels run down, overcrowded, and is confusing.
Date VisitJune 2020

"it has a long way to go"

Not Verified | I cannot fathom how poor this airport has been especially in the midst of Covid. I was transitioning through this airport on my way home and I sadly missed my flight. I had to make some important international calls to sort out a new ticket but their internet was spotty at best and I could hardly hold a conversation for for than a few seconds without it dropping and I certainly couldn't do video. I had to piggy back off of a store's network I found somewhere b/c theirs was so unreliable. There wasn't even a Boingo Hotspot there that I could buy and no SIM card vending machines, or any vending machines for that matter in the main terminal, which makes things even more frustrating when the entire airport shuts down at 9pm and becomes a ghost town. Forget about sleeping if you get stranded. There isn't a comfortable place in site and their rocking chairs (very dated now) is really one of the few non-airport style chairs they have available. For being the 16th largest city in the U.S. as the Governor says repeatedly every 5 minutes on the recorded message, it has a long way to go. Few restaurants are open too so expect very long lines at your favourite places to go. Lastly, the TSA agents here are the rudest I have experienced. They yelled at customers, they didn't smile, they didn't even try to have conversation with people when people tried to be nice to them. They all seemed very dissatisfied with their work. Either their manager needs to be fired or they need to find new jobs.
Date VisitNovember 2020

"social distancing was non existent"

Not Verified | This airport was too packed and social distancing was non existent. The staff walked around more than cleaned the facility and two young workers tried to get into a confrontation with me for no reason. They were in front of me on the automatic belt and kept looking back talking about me but I paid them no attention because I couldn't hear what they were saying. The food lines were long and no social distancing. The bathrooms were not cleaned enough. I have a 6 hour layover in the airport and had to keep moving around to less crowed areas to feel safe. Some people weren't wearing masks and no one in authority corrected them just the automatic message that played out periodically over the intercom.

"she saved the day!"

Not Verified | Charlotte airport is crowded but always feels comfortable. In particular, I want to praise one woman who made my transition through Charlotte incredible. I don't know her name but, I got off my flight from Gainesville FL in the crowded end of E gates and had only a 1 hour layover, and made my way to my next departure in C 15 to Pittsburgh. I stopped to buy lunch and found that my wallet was missing. I quickly returned to E34 and begged the woman who was the gate agent to check the now empty jet, handed her my used boarding pass. She stopped what she was doing and walked through that door. I knew she wouldn't find it and began wondering how I would pay for my parking at PIT. A few minutes later, she emerged through that same door and handed me my wallet. It contained my credit and debit cards and my cash. All intact. I don't know her name but I told her she was my favorite person on Earth. The man seated nearby said "you are one lucky guy", and I agreed. I ran to C15 and made my flight. Whoever she was, she deserves praise. She could have told me "no", or "you were warned to check for your belongings". Instead she saved the day!