Charlotte Airport

"Very long wait for our luggage"

Not Verified | Flight on Southwest from DEN to CLT was delayed about 30 minutes. Arrived around 11:3pm. Very long wait for our luggage to arrive at baggage claim. Baggage claim area was small and crowded. Hardly anywhere to sit. They did not post DEN on the carousel, but we were told where to go on the flight. After finally getting our bags, we went out and waited too long for a "Long Term 1 shuttle". Finally, one shuttle arrived followed immediately by a 2nd Long Term 1.
Date VisitJune 2024

"So crowded you could barely move"

Trip Verified | So crowded you could barely move when trying walk in the concourse, took 15 minutes to move about 10 gates on concourse C. Boarding areas so small 75% of the passengers are standing in the concourse. No seating available in B, C or the eating area. Very frustrating and not safe.
Date VisitJune 2024

"clean, calm and efficient"

Trip Verified | The airport is clean, calm and efficient. They have rocking chairs with trees for the nicest aesthetic. There are plenty of stores and restaurants. Moving sidewalks were working when I was there. Bonus are charging stations on each armrest. I really like the airport!
Date VisitJune 2024

"never use this airport again"

Not Verified | Hellacious departure from Charlotte. Yes, the weather was a huge factor. Firstly, why doesn't this huge airport have a tram service. My flight from Richmond arrived at one end of the airport and connector to Pittsburgh at the other. We had been held on the ground for 3 hours because of weather and then 1 hour in the air. I am 84 and pretty healthy but could not have made the connection on foot 50 years ago. American Airlines did not give us connecting gate info upon deplaning. Told us to check message boards. I became lightheaded--no food or water for at least 3 hours while cramped on the arriving flight. When I realized that my connector was at the other end, there was no one to ask for help. Numerous passengers tried to get airport employees to help me and finally someone from American arrived with wheelchair. Develop a tram service. Not just for oldsters but for persons with young children. This is not a family friendly airport. Also 37 minutes is not at all sufficient time to make a connection. This is totally inaccurate information for the traveler who hasn't experienced this airport. Yes, it is growing. So, add a very necessary service consistent with this. I will never use this airport again.
Date VisitApril 2024

"never had a worse experience"

Trip Verified | I have never had a worse experience than when I had a layover in Charlotte with American Airlines. Our flight was late, arrived at a gate across the airport from my following American airlines flight. Ran to the gate where they refused to let me on because I was late. What the is wrong with your layout and why do I have to run across the airport to find the same connecting airline I was just on? And they won't even be understanding enough to hold the doors when me and multiple other passengers are there and the plane is still on the airway.
Date VisitMay 2024

"What a disaster this airport is"

Trip Verified | This is a pretty good airport to transit through, which has been my only experience of CLT over the last few years. Today was the first time I’ve originated in Charlotte. What a disaster this airport is. Insane - 45 min+ - lines everywhere. CLT please get it together. An absolutely atrocious experience until you get airside and find a lounge.If I could give less than zero stars, I would. I’m sorry for the people of Charlotte that have to deal with this on the regular.
Date VisitMay 2024

"Very nice airport"

(Bangladesh)

Trip Verified | I used this airport quite a few times for departure, arrival and transit. This is one of the largest airports of the USA, nonetheless I had to walk a lot while in transit this time and I was about to miss my connecting flight. It was good that I was in a group of travelers of more than 20 persons, the flight made delay for few minutes for us. Very nice airport having a lot of shops and restaurants. Very well-maintained and nicely decorated airport. The downtown and hotel areas are not too far. Staffs were friendly. Outside of the airport is also good.
Date VisitMay 2023

"outgrown its capacity"

Trip Verified |   The airport has outgrown its capacity. It is crowded with no place to sit and getting through the concourse is a challenge. Bathrooms and seating area cannot be kept clean. Chairs are worn and cracked. Restaurants have a long line as well.
Date VisitApril 2024

“CLT don’t give a damn”

Not Verified | Upon arrival we were prepared and as expected in line with many other travelers like ourselves. So we proceeded and waited. So, first...the customs agent whose line we were assigned was horrible he was lazy and yawning at us. He was slow to do anything, it was actually laughable but sadly it didn’t end there and quickly became un-laughable. Charlotte has and is still undergoing renovation so it changes every time we connect through there. There is a huge lack of employees prepared to herd the crowds of travels. So, after another disappointing encounter with our carrier (who is getting their own earned review) we finally got onto a flight. But, of course our luggage did to make it home with us. Not surprised, not horribly upset because I still trust it’ll get here. Just goes to show employees at CLT don’t give a damn! Many laughed at us as we waited in line, even left their counters with long lines still waiting (carrier issue) but they are still workers at CLT. Won’t be connecting there again anytime soon.
Date VisitMarch 2024

"there was only one checkpoint open"

Not Verified | I flew out of Charlotte airport after a business meeting on a 6am flight on 2/29 on Delta. I arrived at 4:30am to the airport and there was only one checkpoint open. The line went the length of the terminal. Many people were in danger of missing their flights. I pivoted to line up to wait for another checkpoint which was to be opened at 5:15am. You could see the TSA agents sauntering around on the catwalk above the queue. There was absolutely no sense of urgency. Then, at 5:15am when the metal shutters opened, we learned they were training a service dog, and that we needed to walk side by side slowly past the dog to help with the training. Poor planning on TSA and the airport's part. When there are early flights, have at least two checkpoints open. When it's a dog training day, open up the checkpoint earlier to accommodate the dog training. I made my flight with about 5 minutes to spare. Others were not so lucky. My advice: avoid this airport until they get their act together.
Date VisitFebruary 2024