Charlotte Airport

(Brazil)

Smaller and more compact than other airports we've used for international-domestic connections. Immigration and customs processes were quick. Needed a new belt and got one in a store that was open early just as we re-entered the terminal area for our connection. Only clubs are US Airways clubs which do not have showers but which are large. Gate areas can be very crowded for some flights.

Charlotte Airport customer review

Possibly the loveliest airport I have been to in my last 12 months of travelling around the world! Unfortunately I had to wait 5 hours for a connecting flight but felt fortunate enough to be in Charlotte Douglas doing so. The staff were all extremely courteous helpful and friendly; there were plenty of eateries and the rocking chairs piano player and giant aeroplane mobile were lovely touches - all very unexpected! I spent at least an hour rocking in one of the chairs using the free WiFi and reading my book.

Charlotte Airport customer review

Quite possibly the worst travel experience ever. 4 security lines only 1 open because of TSA staffing issues. US Air rep gave me the wrong ticket causing me to miss my flight. None of the gate destination boards were working so they all had the wrong city names on them. I will definitely fly around Charlotte in the future. By the way when did they start allowing pan handling in the airport restrooms? I don't want to feel obligated to tip a uniformed personnel for getting me a paper towel to dry my hands.
Airport Shopping N/A

Charlotte Airport customer review

I got through the immigration line in less than 10 minutes! Yes you have to claim your luggage and then recheck it but it was hassle free. Now the line to go through security was ridiculously long but it moved relatively fast. Overall I was very pleased with this airport.

Charlotte Airport customer review

I flew into Charlotte airport from Rome and had a layover in Charlotte on the way to Greensboro NC. First the International flight procedures were really confusing. You have pick up your checked luggage carry about 10 feet and recheck it. Very pointless. Also I've never been treated so poorly in any airport in my life. They rudely yell commands at you. They are very unorganized and blame it on the customers. I had my passport thrown back in my face at passport control/customs. Overall I was very disappointed with my experience.

Charlotte Airport customer review

If you are booking an International Flight don't even consider going through Charlotte. They do not have enough employees to handle the volume of people. We landed there from the Cayman Islands. The line for immigration was over 90 minutes. We had to run to our connecting flight. Arrived in Milwaukee missing a bag that was left in Charlotte.

(Brazil)

Decent airport. No big complaints other than as usual inadequate space in front of the terminals for the large number of cars that drop off passengers. There should also be monitors showing flight status that are visible from the food court areas. A dearth of airline clubs - just US Airways I believe - but there are at least three of those. I found the signs giving directions within the terminals a bit confusing.

Charlotte Airport customer review

For the most part CLT is a pretty run-of-the-mill domestic hub airport. However there are two things that really stand out. The first is the good selection of locally themed restaurants. The second are the rocking chairs under shade trees in the main terminal area complete with power ports (the free WiFi is an added bonus - if only they had more of the rocking chairs because finding an open one can be difficult). You definitely get the feeling of being home in North Carolina while transiting through the airport.

Charlotte Airport customer review

The sound system is terrible. The airport needs to seriously rethink the acoustics in the terminal as messages from gates are too loud and can be heard from gates away. The sound engineering needs a lot of work.

Charlotte Airport customer review

Transiting from London and to Washington DCA was a delight. A large number of immigration officers at their desks waiting for us to get off the plane courteous and friendly staff two people in front of me at the security check to get back into the airport. The terminal is adequate with the usual selection of shops and cafes. By far the best arrival experience I have had in the USA for decades.