Charlotte Airport

Charlotte Airport customer review

Not a half-bad airport definitely the superior US Airways hub in comparison to Philadelphia. It's very clean nicely signed everywhere and the workers generally have good attitudes. However it would seem the runway layout may have some issues and when it was raining yesterday everything fell through by a bit. A shuttle would be good as well. Overall I'd fly again but I'd give myself more time in case something goes wrong since they aren't as quick to fix errors like some other airports I've been to.

Charlotte Airport customer review

We recently flew from Charlotte NC to Chicago IL on June 7 2013. I had never flown before but my husband had on several occasions so he knew what to do. The screening process only took a matter of minutes. We did end up having to wait for quite a while because there was bad weather outside causing our plane to arrive late. We didn't have any problems with the staff or with the facilities. Anything we needed was readily available.

Charlotte Airport customer review

I flew through CLT many times in the past and never really had anything positive or negative to say about it. However a recent experience helped to define my opinion of the airport. I flew US from PUJ to MIA via CLT which meant clearing immigration and customs in CLT. I must say that CLT is the most efficient airport I've ever seen in my life of traveling and I've traveled to some of the largest and most reputable airports in the world. From disembarking to claiming luggage immigration customs and going through security it was all literally a matter of 20 minutes give or take. I'd like to see any airport in the United States come anywhere close to that. Customs and immigration officers for international arrivals were friendly and cheerful. TSA were also surprisingly very polite and helpful too. Shopping and food choices are unbelievable not even JFK has such a selection. If ever I have to connect planes anywhere in the United States CLT is my #1 choice!

Charlotte Airport customer review

Ok airport however the parking situation is a mess. Can take up to an hour to get either long and short term lots.

Charlotte Airport customer review

Worst TSA in the Nation - security line 57 minutes long - no consideration foot the fact they make dozens of people miss their flights - over 100 first class passenger skipped the line during that time with no thought to the coach folks who missed their flights as a result.

Charlotte Airport customer review

Charlotte is a brilliant airport for arriving international passengers. Polite immigration officers simple customs formalities in-line baggage recheck and virtually no line for TSA to get back airside. And there is an excellent wine tasting bar with good food in the terminal.

(Brazil)

Smaller and more compact than other airports we've used for international-domestic connections. Immigration and customs processes were quick. Needed a new belt and got one in a store that was open early just as we re-entered the terminal area for our connection. Only clubs are US Airways clubs which do not have showers but which are large. Gate areas can be very crowded for some flights.

Charlotte Airport customer review

Possibly the loveliest airport I have been to in my last 12 months of travelling around the world! Unfortunately I had to wait 5 hours for a connecting flight but felt fortunate enough to be in Charlotte Douglas doing so. The staff were all extremely courteous helpful and friendly; there were plenty of eateries and the rocking chairs piano player and giant aeroplane mobile were lovely touches - all very unexpected! I spent at least an hour rocking in one of the chairs using the free WiFi and reading my book.

Charlotte Airport customer review

Quite possibly the worst travel experience ever. 4 security lines only 1 open because of TSA staffing issues. US Air rep gave me the wrong ticket causing me to miss my flight. None of the gate destination boards were working so they all had the wrong city names on them. I will definitely fly around Charlotte in the future. By the way when did they start allowing pan handling in the airport restrooms? I don't want to feel obligated to tip a uniformed personnel for getting me a paper towel to dry my hands.
Airport Shopping N/A

Charlotte Airport customer review

I got through the immigration line in less than 10 minutes! Yes you have to claim your luggage and then recheck it but it was hassle free. Now the line to go through security was ridiculously long but it moved relatively fast. Overall I was very pleased with this airport.